SPL IX - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"yeah, mate i don't think robbing that placeis a good idea. W/e you should get rid of the secrurity guard first, take some hostages and btw i love this steamy set. But i think this clef could prolly use some sdef since lati is ur best keld switch in.

TDK covering his mates is literally the worst. He deserves death sentence AT LEAST. Luckily St. Pearl dislikes cheating. Innocent. Obviously.:psyglad:

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
I haven't really had the chance to voice my opinion on this situation yet, probably for the best, but hopefully this post will do. I'm not attempting to paint anyone in this picture as a villain (unless I make it extremely clear that this is the case) or push the blame onto anyone else, but I'll try my best to get my side of the situation across.

For those of you who aren't aware yet, an user known as Miguelmart (note: how ironic is it that the person who started it all shares their name with me?) decided that it was a good idea to reveal information about Znain's team to my player. Gondra, unaware of the consequences this could have, told us about what happened in our team chat and asked us for guidance. I was torn apart between my responsibilities as a manager and my duty as a tournament director, and while in hindsight I'm fully aware that I should've let people know, I was worried of the repercussions this could have on my team (i.e. people non-ironically wanting to see Gondra punished for information he clearly never asked for), so I decided to tell my player to report it if he wanted to and moved on. Our ORAS team for the week was already finished aside from a couple of details, and while the first batch of logs is a poor rat's attempt at making me seem worse than I already am, I can safely say that no one acted upon the information we received from the leak. Unfortunately (and I'm saying this because people have let out their concerns with this situation in ways I don't fully agree with), I don't regret the way I have acted and believe that as far as juggling both of my roles goes, I couldn't have done a better job.

This leads me to my next point: me stepping down from my Tournament Director position. Throughout this whole ordeal, I've come to the realization that this role just wasn't meant for me. I've known this for a while now, but my sense of responsibility towards my friends and fellow tournament directors kept me from peacefully stepping down (especially after the last incident I was involved in :psycry:). However, after witnessing the events from the past couple of days and reading multiple people's points of view, I've decided that maybe it's time to let someone more competent take over. Not because TD armchairs want me to, but because it's easier for the other TDs to regain everyone else's trust this way, since at the end of the day, what I did just wasn't suitable for someone with this position and I have no way of denying it.

Last but not least, I'd like to say that I do plan on sticking around as a player/manager, as I still love this game and a lot of people in this community (although sometimes I find myself wondering what it is devolving into). I'm also using this chance to thank the tournament directors for their commitment to the people on Smogon, even if the end result doesn't always satisfy everyone. Luigi, as a lot of other people have done, I also used to give you a lot of shit for some of your opinions/interactions with people when you first became a tournament director. However, I can now safely say that you have a wonderful work ethic and commitment to the tournaments forum, and if this task doesn't burn you out soon enough, I'm definitely expecting you to carry everyone on your back.

I'll post more thoughts on this and some of the people involved on my end-of-season post, but this is it for now. If anyone wants to reach out to me about this feel free to drop by on Discord :blobwizard:

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Also DurzaOffTopic don't ask me for UU teams ever again if you're just going to farm likes at my cost right after you two-faced fuck
I understand this was probably said in jest to ease up the situation, but deciding to end your spiel with this comment still doesn't sit well with me. It isn't relevant to the conversation at hand and doesn't attempt to respond to DurzaOffTopic's post (nor did you really address the problem of bystander guilt in your first post, if you were gonna refer to that), but instead attacks a user with pretty much no basis.

There was no meme or attempt to be funny in his post; he disagreed with something, so he made a comment about it to potentially elicit a response and learn more. So we're just gonna dismiss that as "farming likes"? Oh, and by the way, this guy asked me for UU teams, so now he's two-faced fuck for voicing his opinion in (imo) a respectful manner.

You make comments like "sometimes I find myself wondering what [the community] is devolving into" -> this shit is annoying to me because I don't see where people are coming from. There will always be trolls, there will always be shitters (it's an online community, c'mon). The community has been on edge lately because there have been more scandals, but I see this as a positive thing because the SMods and TD team have been good on cracking down on cheating, inappropriate behaviour, and other things that have slipped through the cracks in the past. It's stuff like this that "devolves" the community if anything. This post has 70 likes now so I guess DurzaOffTopic and similar users with less clout won't be sharing their opinion again anytime soon.

Ftr, I consider you my friend Pearl, and if I feel my friend missteps, I'll be there to tell them my personal opinion on it so they can learn from it or at least see a different perspective. If that makes me two-faced, I'm sorry bro.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I feel seriously offended that such people were said to have more integrity than me :toast:

Also it's pretty ironic that it is Isa who complains about TDs not reporting stuff when I have very accurate reports of him being involved in ghosting during SPL while being a TD :smogthink:

Someone do me a favor and provide a high level summary of whatever this drama is in 5 sentences or less pls. I don't have time to scroll through all these likes-fishing shitposts.
someone test w someone, the dude he tested w leaked the team, the leak wasnt reported even though like 3 tds are on the team

thats about it

also DurzaOffTopic those are some supreme memes

e: WhiteQueen tdk pearl and rachee

Last edited:
Buddy, you need to stop what you're doing immediately and start emulating the users you're making fun of by kissing more asses and making more "I'm so edgy but nice and funny har har please like my posts because likes are like food to my nonexistent self-esteem and without them I could die from feeling unloved by my imaginary internet friends" posts on here to put yourself in a position to become a TD someday, even though you're terrible at this game and will never get good at it. The only thing you're known for is licking buttholes and fishing for likes, which is the ultimate Smogon achievement for some people.

I'm in a conference and bored to death. More to come.
Clearly you have no idea what the fuck is going on, all I've done is satirically call out dishonest and/or dumbass users like yourself, who hasn't gotten attention in the last few years so you decide to make a edgy dickeater like-fishing post calling out an easy target for being an "edgy dickeater who is fishing for likes".What I was doing is the polar opposite of butthole licking. I didn't want to get into this in this thread but I figured you fit right in with the dumbasses who I've already called out, except their intentions were for an actual purpose other than attempting to prey on a easy target for likes and relevancy unlike you.
Hopefully you satisfied your need for attention, sufficiently sucked off your old friends who I made fun of, and made yourself feel relevant again like you used to be.

edit: im sorry wq im an asshole for no reason, talked to you in pms. Would delete this if bushtush didnt quote

Last edited:

Bushtush

Banned deucer.
Clearly you have no idea what the fuck is going on, all I've done is satirically call out dishonest and/or dumbass users like yourself, who hasn't gotten attention in the last few years so you decide to make a edgy dickeater like-fishing post calling out an easy target for being an "edgy dickeater who is fishing for likes".What I was doing is the polar opposite of butthole licking. I didn't want to get into this in this thread but I figured you fit right in with the dumbasses who I've already called out, except their intentions were for an actual purpose other than attempting to prey on a easy target for likes and relevancy unlike you.
Hopefully you satisfied your need for attention, sufficiently sucked off your old friends who I made fun of, and made yourself feel relevant again like you used to be.
Imagine attacking users who have actually accomplished something when all youve done is..win Mafia LMAO. Randoms, somehow your mouth's get bigger but your brains get smaller. An everlasting evolution. Do like the rest of your people and please just shut up and watch from the sidelines

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
I don't want likes for this post (not sure I'd get them anyways).

But look at ourselves! Why can't we treat each other and the sport we play with respect? Sure the TDs had their issues wish are discussed at length in policy review, but guess what, all TDs come from the same pool - the Smogon community. All this cheating, this like fishing, and unbridled attacks without trying to understand the other sides feelings...it undermines our website.

We are all in many ways just volunteers trying to make a competitive community and it makes me so upset to see us treat each other like this. Please, let's just be kind to one another and remember that winning isn't everything in sports, the important thing is to learn from one another and have a healthy community.

I'm not a tournament player so I apologize if t sounds like some outsider is lecturing you, but I want you to know outsiders like me have huge respect for Smogon not just because you are all excellent players, but because you built this huge competitive and nearly professional community from scratch. Please don't let it waste away in these squabbles that distract from Smogon's mission of building a competitive Pokémon community.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You gave FAKES an ACTIVITY WIN
I am able to figure it out when a player dodges another user to abuse his bad reputation in order to get a free win.
On top of that it was Fakes' opponents best friend on smogon who abused his TD position to punish me for a correct verdict.
Also none of the parties involved was able to talk to me, but rather talked about me. Then complaining about me not taking information I never had into account.

But thanks for mentioning a case that perfectly showed why I am more competent and upright than most of the people in charge of tournaments here.

jnelo everybody this is passion i am typing up this post becase it has come to my atention that tsis is a very poor thread. please behave urselfs everybody get into the holday spirit adn love yourself and your boyfriedns. i believe if you are less toxic you will become more happy and become more happy. please be more like my goo friends hwom are not at all toxic and be goodboys. this is the holiday season (not chrsiatmass because we are politically correct and not toxic). tell ur mom u love her and post less toxicitiy into smogon threads and believe in urself and love everybody. give money to a houseless human maybe and stop being toxic. do you even understand what you idiots are doing. huh/?!? HUH?!?!?! you are hurting me physically as somebody who wants to see quality and love on smogon.com. stop hurting me please stop it i can't take much morre pain i love u all please stop hurting me please stop hurting em pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase. i am very nice and you are all very nice why would u want to hurt me talk about pokemon more u fucking toxic apes i swear to god try some shit like this again i will murder all of u aggressively. by the way i just want to mention i am now typing this with forceful fingers and earlier into my post i was typing much less forcefully but now ur making me do it to my keyboard. u better stop and i am being serious stop right now. no more shitposting i alloed or i will ban you forever. you have been warned. i love you all please do not hurt yourselves goodnight.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
tds said:
Cutting tiers needs to happen in order to maintain team cohesion and as such Ubers and LC will not be part of SPL 9.
pearl said:
The Team Raiders has decided that our star player needs a new avatar that suits his infinite list of accomplishments. mael, this one's for you:

gotta love this hot, fresh team cohesion. expertly preserved by the td team. glad we didnt disrupt the delicate balance by adding lc or ubers players, would have thrown into disharmony the whole spl enterprise. well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)