SPL VII - Administrative Decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Like in SPLs past, this thread will contain all administrative decisions. All decisions will have justification posted and vetted via neutral TDs - there will be no manager veto. I'm also going to reiterate what Aldaron posted in the last Administrative Decisions thread:
This apparently needs to be spelled out for the idiots amongst us, so here we go.

[Zebraiken] and I are also hosting this for free...meaning we have no obligation to take shit from anyone. If anyone wants to act like an idiot because he is yet another petulant child, he can (and his team can) and should fully expect to be banned and not be given any benefit of the doubt if you flame / disrespect in official venues.

I'm not sure if it is because LonelyNess is the community pincushion and took so much relentless shit as SPL host or if it is because Bloo and Iconic voluntarily took so much shit as hosts of wcop 2 years ago, but too many of you have this idea you can get away with whatever you want to say to the hosts...
Personally, I could not care less how much shit you talk about me and the decisions that have been made in your team channels and in private conversations (being mad at the host with the rest of the team is part of the fun yo), but don't be lil whiny bitches on the forums, on smogtours, or even on #spl.

To overturn official decisions made by me, a consensus decision must be reached within the TD team.
[18:43:11] <@d0nut> im looking forward to seeing the administrative decisions thread zeb
[18:43:17] <@d0nut> im sure you'll find need of it soon
[18:43:19] <~ZEB> im not
[18:43:24] <~ZEB> i hope i never have to post it

- me, literally twelve hours ago

expect decisions to come sometime in the next couple of days...

Last edited:

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
RE: gr8astard

Situation: gr8astard was bought by the Circus Maximus Tigers for 10.5k in the auction. gr8astard immediately notified his managers that he had no intention to play even after signing up.​

Refusing to play for the team that drafts you after signing up for SPL is breaking the rules, and merits a permanent ban from SPL and an overall tournament ban for a to-be-determined length of time.

This situation is similar to the Nas decision from last year. As a group, the TDs and myself have since reviewed that decision and determined that returning the full remainder of credits is not the desired course of action in scenarios like these (not the gr8astard-specific situation, but the I've-cancered-before-the-season-started! situation). Returning half of the remaining credits after the 3k pick is a compromise between those that feel that players that cancer pre-season should be returned for just 3k, like all other sellbacks, and those that feel that the teams bamboozled by negligent or malicious players during the auction should be reimbursed for it. It also assuages the potential for cancerous players of great cost (>20k) to give their "team" the possibility to have more than a handful of midseason pickups on the back of their singular behavior. We felt that the risks taken when bidding on players should not be entirely removed by the security of knowing "I either get the player or get 100% of my money back".

The decision to halve the reimbursement did not come specifically because of how gr8 decided to cancer.

Result: gr8astard will be permanently banned from SPL, and banned from tournaments for a currently undetermined length of time. The Circus Maximus Tigers will receive one pick from the remaining auction player pool for 3k, and half of the remainder (7.5k -> 4k; will round up to a multiple of .5k) will be returned to them and treated as sellback credits. Please remember, sellback credits are used after the remaining auction credits during the midseason week.​

The Circus Maximus Tigers' selection from the remaining player pool is Asuya.
Once again: in the future, any and all similar situations will be treated on a case-by-case basis.

jake

underdog of the year
RE: Co-host!

The lovely Oglemi will be helping me host SPL in the same role Aldaron did last year. I will be the primary host as usual, and Oglemi will help out when I need his assistance. You may also send teams to Oglemi if you would prefer. Please do not send them to other uninvolved TDs; SPL decisions must typically be made quickly and I do not really want to ask busy TDs to come online to just confirm that they have received a team.

Thank you! :)

jake

underdog of the year
RE: Cased

Situation: Cased was infracted in NU for insulting staff and was subsequently banned from the forums until early March.​

The other TDs and myself have discussed situations in which a player is banned from the forums during a tournament. We have come to the conclusion that, should a player be banned due to a tournament-related infraction while still in an active tournament, that player will no longer be allowed to participate. A player will also not be allowed to participate if they are permanently banned from the forums for any reason. All other transgressions are to be examined case-by-case, taking in the history of that player's behavior, motive behind whatever merited the infraction, and the severity of the infracted deed before determining whether that player deserves the right to continue playing in the tournament(s) that they have signed up for.

The severity of Cased's misconduct was determined to not be enough to remove him from SPL outright. He is, however, on watch: if he commits another infraction-worthy deed while still banned, he will be removed from the tournament. He will also not be given another second chance should he be banned again while participating in a different tournament. makiri and M Dragon, please make sure Cased is aware of this.

Result: Cased will be allowed to play in SPL 7. Further infractions (via IRC or smogtours) will lead to his removal from the tournament. Should he be banned again while participating in a different tournament after SPL 7, he will receive no lenience.
I will advise all players to not toe the 'line', and for all managers to drill that into your players' heads. We will have a much happier SPL if I don't have to remove you from the tournament for doing something stupid, y'know?

jake

underdog of the year
RE: Sand Veil (and Snow Cloak) DPP ban

To clarify for the questions that I expect to be asked: the decision reached here will apply to SPL 7. If you use a Pokemon with Sand Veil or Snow Cloak on your DPP team (prior to the ban being implemented on Showdown), your match will be forfeit.​

jake

underdog of the year
RE: Laga vs BLOOD TOTEM

Situation: Laga timed out during their Week 1 Doubles OU game on turn 6, with the timer showing 20 seconds -> 10 seconds. Laga's timer displayed 60 seconds two turns prior. Both players submitted their teams.​

A true D/C could not be determined as a result of the timer being too low. The ruling of the match is a timeout.

Result: BLOOD TOTEM wins via timeout.​

Last edited:

jake

underdog of the year
RE: blunder vs ABR

Situation: blunder timed out with slightly more than 90 seconds left on his timer during his Week 3 ORAS OU game with ABR. Both players submitted their teams.
Because I determined this timeout to be a case of a true D/C, and because both players sent their teams, I opted to recreate the game from the point of the disconnection so that the players could finish from the point of blunder's D/C. After an eternity of figuring out how to KO Pokemon while actually removing their minisprites from the battle screen and other such misadventures, Isa, myself, and a little bit of Jirachee recreated the battle, which was then subsequently completed as normal. Thank you to both players for sticking around while we figured out how to set it back up.

Result: The game was recreated exactly and thus completed as normal.​

jake

underdog of the year
Although this ruling was made several days ago, I'm reposting it here for clarity's sake and because I was too lazy to post it then.

RE: Tobes vs Golden Gyarados

Situation: Tobes used Self-Destruct with his last Pokemon against Golden Gyarados's last Pokemon to end their second game. The other two matches in the series ended 1-1.​

On cartridge, such events are ruled as a tie between players. There is no Self-KO clause in RBY matches, so the match was declared a tie and a rematch was requested. Tobes and GG played another game, and Tobes won the rematch.

Result: The match was declared a tie and a rematch was enforced.​

jake

underdog of the year
And the ruling everybody's been waiting for...

RE: Laga vs TheFourthChaser

Situation: TFC timed out with more than 120 seconds (more than two minutes) remaining during his Week 3 Doubles OU game with Laga. Both players submitted their teams. TFC's timer displayed 180 seconds a few turns prior.​

TFC's timeout was determined to be a true D/C, and both players sent teams, so my ruling was a recreation. I have had multiple requests from various people comparing this situation with the one where Laga disconnected in Week 1, and I will explain the primary difference between that case and this one by quoting the rules.

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules (did you submit or not).
I understand that the line between a true D/C and an actual timeout is quite hazy and that our ability to interpret what it is is limited, but I was presented with no further evidence I felt was damning enough to believe that TFC had any reason to fake a D/C. I was given his idle time on IRC as the D/C happened (17 seconds), but my presence in the Sharks' channel made it clear that his IRC responses (those that updated his idle time) to teammates flashing him about timer were under the effect of heavy lag. Timer management is part of the game we play, but I believe that the reasoning above is enough to show that the timer running down on TFC's end was not for a lack of knowing what to do next.

We attempted to recreate immediately after the disconnection earlier today, but after a flub on our end where TFC's Jirachi went Super Saiyan and tanked a Landorus-T Earthquake for 1%, we decided it best to allow Laga and TFC a couple of days to reschedule and re-complete the recreation because both had to leave. This recreation will not delay the posting of next week, and deadlines will stand as normal. Both players have until Wednesday, January 27th at 11:59 PM EST to find a time to reschedule (though earlier is preferred).

Result: The match between TFC and Laga will be recreated at the point of disconnection, and with the same turn that was played after the first recreation (without the accidentally invincible Jirachi, and with the same damage rolls on the rest). Because both had to leave (TFC to work, Laga to bed), we decided to reschedule the recreation for another day.​

jake

underdog of the year
RE: Laga vs TheFourthChaser, the riveting conclusion

Situation: TFC and Laga scheduled to play their recreate yesterday. Laga was on the forums during their scheduled time, but did not make any attempt to complete the game and thus missed the deadline. Laga was also online the next day after being prompted, and again made no effort to complete the game.

Result: A substitute from the BIGS was requested, and BLINGAS was subbed in to complete the game (TFC won). The loss will be appended to Laga's record, not BLINGAS's.​

jake

underdog of the year
Easier decision first.

RE: Cased vs Bouff

Situation: Bouff timed out from their Week 6 game on Turn 9, starting with >180 seconds remaining on his timer. He reconnected with >90 seconds left, then disconnected again before timing out. Both players sent teams.

Result: Bouff's timeout was deemed a true D/C, and the match was recreated from point of disconnection. The game was recreated exactly as it was and thus completed as normal.​

jake

underdog of the year
First (and hopefully only) activity call in 6 weeks. Thanks to both players and managers for regularly making sure all games are completed by the end of the week.

RE: Laurel vs CTC

Situation: Laurel contacted CTC through VM shortly after the Week 6 thread was posted, then clarified his availability (preference for Thursday/Friday, noted weaker availability on weekend) in a second VM. CTC agreed to play on the weekend ("ii fam weeknd it is"), but did not respond to a request on Thursday to clarify a specific timeslot on the weekend to meet, nor the additional prompt from a teammate. CTC has not logged in on Smogon since his agreement to play on the weekend. Laurel posted 5h45 prior to deadline that he would not be available until after the deadline. CTC was on between Laurel's absence and the deadline, but Laurel was not available to play. Sharks offered to double substitute, but the Wolfpack declined / didn't respond.​

It is undoubtedly clear that Laurel put in more effort to schedule and complete the match. CTC has also not logged into Smogon since last Tuesday, when he made his only response to Laurel. This would be treated as a clear-cut activity case in any tournament, and so it is here. I did not indicate my thoughts on the activity decision to either team today because I felt that knowing my opinion would impact the decisions made (if I made it clear Laurel would win activity, why would Wolfpack ever sub someone else in? if I made it clear it would be a dead game, why would Sharks ever sub someone else in? and similar lines of reasoning). To quote the rules in SPL Comemes as to why this is an activity win and not a dead game:

comemes under "week one" and #6 said:
If both parties are deemed to be equally apathetic or enthusiastic about getting the match done, but just have not had the opportunity to make it happen, the match will result in a no contest. However, if it is deemed that one party made significantly more effort than the other in attempting to get the match done, then a win will be awarded to that player. Things that will make it very likely that you will lose via activity include: failing to VM your opponent immediately upon the week’s start, scheduling a match and being documented as missing the match time, failing to provide any concrete times for which you can be reached, failing to respond to an opponent’s VM at all. Note that this is a tournament that requires a very high level of activity and diligence, if you don’t think you can get your matches done, quite simply don’t sign up.
A similar situation occured last week with MetalGro$$ vs reyscarface, where one side did not make much effort to schedule or complete the match and the other left prior to the deadline for completing games. Both of those players were eventually subbed after the week's result was confirmed, but this has not been the case in all of these kinds of activity decisions (including the one today, and many in previous SPLs). In order to prevent similar activity issues in the future, I am currently in discussions with other TDs to implement a rule along the lines of the following: if a player is to be absent after meeting a scheduled time (and opponent was gone) and will be unavailable for the remainder of the week, the managers/player will be required to give the opposing team and host notification of absence prior with a reasonable amount of time to find a substitute for their missing player. Should this rule be approved and implemented, I will clarify all intricacies here and it will likely apply immediately. Hopefully such a rule would massively reduce future activity issues.

Result: Laurel is granted the activity win over CTC.​

jake

underdog of the year
After spending more time reviewing the case, the Fakes vs GS decision will come tomorrow sometime. There is some information that I want further confirmation on before posting a decision, and most of the relevant people & other TDs are not on currently.

Additionally: Unless the ruling is deemed to be "extension", I will not accept a match result if Fakes and GS play a game prior to the release of the decision (for obvious reasons). This does not imply that the ruling will be an extension (or anything about the ruling), but rather to clarify that I cannot accept any "result" until my decision is made, as Fakes said that he would like to complete the match post-deadline.

jake

underdog of the year
RE: Golden Sun vs Fakes

Situation: Golden Sun first contacted Fakes by VM on Wednesday, and left 3 separate VMs roughly 24h apart with no response from Fakes, with a notable Friday VM informing Fakes that he had no availability on Sunday. Fakes and Golden Sun made contact on smogtours at about 6 AM EST on Saturday (during The_Chaser's RBY set) and scheduled for ~12 hours from then (6 PM EST on Saturday). Golden Sun was online for two hours during the scheduled time, but Fakes was not. Fakes was online during Sunday, when Golden Sun was unavailable. There was only one scheduled time, not two as implied by GOD MARTH's post.​

Because Fakes missed a time agreed upon by both parties by several hours, Golden Sun holds activity advantage. This, combined with Fakes' lack of response and neglect to attempt to schedule until Saturday morning, has been judged to outweigh any haziness of Golden Sun's declared Sunday absence. Golden Sun did not follow activity rules to a T (it is recommended that you do to protect yourself, but it is not required to claim activity) because he did not give 3 timeslots / did not msg immediately after round went up etc, but the combination of a missed time and opponent's neglect to schedule until weekend affirms an activity win in his favor.

no more activity decisions pls4me

Result: Golden Sun is granted the activity win over Fakes.​

jake

underdog of the year
Can we use snow cloak articuno this week since it's been released? Asking for a friend
I can't find the information on when it was released, but:

[20:03:02] <&ZEB> if they were released prior to week start then they can be used this week

If not, then nada.

edit: seems they were released today, so nope! thanks to Zamrock for pointing it out to me

Last edited:

jake

underdog of the year
RE: HJAD vs BLOOD TOTEM

Situation: HJAD timed out during their Week 8 Doubles OU game on turn 12, with the timer showing 40 seconds -> 30 -> 20 the turn prior. Both players submitted their teams.

The timer does not display to spectators unless one player has already selected their move. It still ticks as normal and displays for the players in the match, so there is no case to be made for timer not showing after more time was supposed to be added for a completed turn.

A true D/C could not be determined as a result of the timer being too low. The ruling of the match is a timeout.​

Result: BLOOD TOTEM wins via timeout.

jake

underdog of the year
RE: atomicllamas vs Mael

I'm not fully done with the decision yet, but it is more complex than you would assume at first glance and I am dedicated to making sure that it is 100% correct before pushing it through. Because Mael did not send a team, there will be no recreation; one side will be awarded the win for the game. Thanks for your patience with regards to this decision.

jake

underdog of the year
RE: atomicllamas vs Mael

!lavoscalc atomicllamas vs mael

Situation: Mael disconnected from their Week 9 RU game on turn 25. atomicllamas sent his team, but Mael did not.
Closest precedent is to refer back to this decision from SPL 5 with regards to lack of team submission. Mael can claim the win if he has a 100% win scenario, but it is atomicllamas's win via D/C + lack of team submission if he does not have a 100% win scenario. It is important to note that Mael MUST have a 100% path to victory to claim the win. It will not do to accept lower (even 99.999999999999%), as Shady Players can use such a decision in the future to disconnect intentionally and avoid risking the whatever% chance. Arguments such as "he's not gonna get that many predicts correct in a row" will be disregarded.

You are welcome to ask me questions about this specific situation (especially if I fucked up somewhere and it disproves the whole thing) but since it is more or less irrelevant now I'd like the opportunity to not give a shit about this for at least a day.

We utilized the help of PS! staff to take the challenge log of the game and confirm the teams sent. This is a technology we were made first aware of less than a month ago, and it is incredibly important to clarify its usage in regards to D/Cs. As of now, the TD team does NOT have a feasible means to use it frequently. It does NOT and will NOT replace the safeguard of sending in your teams, and it WILL NOT be used to pull a team to recreate a game. We used it in this specific scenario to confirm or deny the existence of a 100% win condition at the time of D/C, as it was used when it was introduced.

DO NOT ASSUME WE CAN PULL YOUR UNSENT TEAM TO RECREATE A GAME. DO NOT ASSUME ANYTHING AS A RESULT OF THIS DECISION. If we had consistent access to something like this you can bet your butt we'd use it instead of the hassle that is filling my inbox with thank-you notes and secret confessions of love and also teams, but we don't so we can't. Do not be an idiot and assume you can point to this decision as a means to counteract the fact that you (or your teammate) forgot to send a team to protect from D/Cs.

To return to the decision: it can be considered a 100% win if Mael has counterplay to all of atomicllamas's options that directly prevents llamas from achieving his win method / that achieves Mael's.

Assumptions: llamas gets all possible luck, including flinching, minimum rolls, dodging any non-100% accurate moves, critting, and never missing. To emulate llamas getting every prediction correct, I worked under the assumption that llamas makes a play after knowing what Mael's play is (and Mael cannot change it, naturally).

atomicllamas's win scenario: Remove Flygon, sweep with Medicham's Zen Headbutt flinching through Alomomola.
Mael's win scenario: Kill Medicham with either Venusaur or Emboar alive (Emboar is optimal, as Durant cannot revenge if lastmon). If Durant is still alive, needs one more Pokemon to stall a burn turn. Alternatively, weaken Tangrowth into Flygon kill range (or kill Tangrowth) and preserve Flygon.​
Mael team: Alomomola (436/501 HP, 87%) / Emboar (168/361 HP, 46.5%) / Venusaur (234/301 HP, 77.7%) / Mawile (68/304 HP, 22.4%, BRN) / Flygon (283/301 HP, 94%)

atomicllamas team: Durant (92/257 HP, 35.7% HP, BRN) / Tangrowth (235/395 HP pre-Regen, 59.5%, TOX) / Medicham (229/261 HP, 87.75%)

252 Atk Flygon U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Medicham: 81-96 (31 - 36.7%) -- 72.5% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Flygon Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Medicham: 208-246 (79.6 - 94.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Flygon Outrage vs. 216 HP / 44+ Def Tangrowth: 118-141 (29.8 - 35.6%) -- 31.7% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Flygon U-turn vs. 216 HP / 44+ Def Tangrowth: 92-110 (23.2 - 27.8%) -- 77.1% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Reckless Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 216 HP / 44+ Def Tangrowth: 330-390 (83.5 - 98.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Reckless Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Medicham: 288-339 (110.3 - 129.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Emboar Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Medicham: 107-126 (40.9 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Alomomola Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Medicham: 54-64 (20.6 - 24.5%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
0 SpA Alomomola Scald vs. 216 HP / 0 SpD Tangrowth: 37-44 (9.3 - 11.1%) -- possible 9HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 216 HP / 0 SpD Tangrowth: 554-655 (140.2 - 165.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

232 SpA Life Orb Tangrowth Ancient Power vs. 120 HP / 252+ SpD Alomomola on a critical hit: 129-152 (25.7 - 30.3%) -- 0.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Turn 25: Mael Scalds, llamas switches into Tangrowth.

Mael's best play on turn 25 is to Scald because Alomomola will easily live a burned crit Superpower (does 40.9% on a max roll). Scald will kill Durant, will push Medicham into "can only tank one U-turn before it dies to another" range, and whittles Tangrowth. Alomomola's health is not relevant because it's going to get flinched to death regardless of HP remaining, and it cannot pass a Wish because llamas will crit the recipient to death with ZHB (it only matters with Flygon).

After knowing that Mael will Scald, llamas will switch into Tangrowth for the same reasons explained above.

atomicllamas can sacrifice Durant on Turn 25 instead of going to Tangrowth. This is a poor play because it removes Durant as a U-turn/Flare Blitz switch-in for 9% of Tangrowth's health, and directly leads to a loss. After Durant dies, llamas will go Medicham (going to Tangrowth would completely invalidate sacrificing Durant, and: see Turn 27 for the aftermath of killing Alomomola with Tangrowth but pretend that Durant isn't there anymore) and use ZHB to flinch Alomomola to death. Mael will go to Flygon and U-turn, sacrificing Mawile if Medicham stays in or going to Venusaur on a Tangrowth switch (and confirming win). If Medicham then stays in, Mael only needs to U-turn once more, sacrificing Venusaur, before confirming the win between Emboar and Flygon.

atomicllamas can go to Medicham on Turn 25 instead of going to Tangrowth. This is a poor play because he loses 20% of its valuable HP, meaning that once Alomomola is dead from ZHB flinches, Flygon can U-turn. If Medicham stays in, it takes too much damage to be able to tank an Emboar Sucker Punch; if llamas switches to Durant, it dies and the situation is reset with a Mawile sacrifice; if llamas switches to Tangrowth, see Turn 27.
HP: Alomomola gets Leftovers (now at 467/501 HP, 93.2%). Tangrowth gets Regen (to 366/395 HP, 92.7%) then takes SR (to 317/395 HP, 80.3%) then takes TOX t1 damage (to 293/395 HP, 74.2%) then takes minimum roll Scald (to 256/395 HP, 64.8%).

Turn 26: Mael Scalds again, llamas kills with magic 100% accurate Leaf Storm.

Mael wants to force the Tangrowth to get a kill in order to pressure it with Emboar. As in the above, llamas cannot risk switching anything else into Scald. Even if llamas's Tangrowth had Giga Drain (it does not), this is the correct play because Tangrowth will fall into Flare Blitz death range due to LO + TOX t2 damage even from full. Alomomola is faster, so Tangrowth takes another Scald prior to KOing.

atomicllamas's Tangrowth carries Ancientpower. It has the option of using Ancientpower and claiming the boost (remember, assuming all luck). Ancientpower crit does 30% maximum to Alomomola, and Tangrowth takes another Scald (~9%), LO damage (10%), and TOX t2 damage (12.5%), leaving it at about 33%. In this instance, Mael will Protect to stall for another turn of Toxic damage (leaving it at about 14.25%), then sacrifice Mawile while Tangrowth dies to TOX + LO. Flygon wins in that scenario.

If atomicllamas switches out on the Protect turn, Tangrowth is in range of being 2HKOed by Flygon Outrage, meaning that Mael only has to force a Durant KO with Emboar to seal the game in the same manner as listed below. If atomicllamas switches out on the Mawile turn, Mawile will have one turn in before dying to burn, so Mael can play accordingly to the Pokemon that is out after the Mawile sack.
HP (Leaf Storm): Alomomola KOed. Tangrowth takes minimum roll Scald (to 219/395 HP, 55.4%), then takes LO damage (to 180/395 HP, 45.6%), then takes TOX t2 damage (to 131/395 HP, 33.1%).

HP (Giga Drain): Alomomola KOed. Tangrowth recovers to full off of Giga Drain (to 395/395 HP, 100%), then takes LO damage (to 356/395 HP, 90.1%), then takes TOX t2 damage (to 307/395 HP, 77.7%). It is still clearly in KO range of Emboar Flare Blitz, and Emboar will not die to recoil after SR if it Flare Blitzes Tangrowth at this HP range. This is a hypothetical scenario anyway, but proves that staying in to Scald is still Mael's best play even when Giga Drain is an unknown.

Turn 27: Mael sends in Emboar and clicks Flare Blitz. llamas will sacrifice Durant to FB.

Mael forces Tangrowth to get a kill, and can therefore force atomicllamas to sacrifice Durant. atomicllamas cannot stay in and die to the Flare Blitz because Outrage from Flygon will outspeed and KO Medicham (it can U-turn -> sack Mawile to ensure that it is in Outrage range after SR) and Durant. atomicllamas cannot sacrifice Medicham because recoil will not KO Emboar, and subsequent turns lead to a simple victory for Mael (FB if Tang comes in, Sucker if Durant does). Sacrificing Durant is the only play that does not instantly confirm a loss to either Emboar or Flygon.

HP: Tangrowth will have Regenerator when it comes in next. Durant takes SR on switch-in (to 60/257 HP, 23.3%). Emboar takes SR on switch-in (to 123/361 HP, 34%), then takes 33% recoil damage from Flare Blitz (to 103/361 HP, 28.5%), then gets Leftovers (to 125/361 HP, 34.6%).

Turn 28: atomicllamas sends in Medicham. Mael clicks Sucker Punch, and atomicllamas clicks Zen Headbutt.

atomicllamas must go Medicham, because Emboar can simply Flare Blitz again if Tangrowth comes back in. If atomicllamas tries to go to Tangrowth on the Sucker Punch, Mael will click Flare Blitz the next turn and get a kill (confirming a win with either Flygon or Venusaur). If atomicllamas selects Trick on this turn, Mael's Emboar gets to re-select a new move (Flare Blitz) and now outspeeds Medicham, again confirming a win via Flygon or Venusaur.

HP: Medicham takes SR damage (to 197/261 HP, 75.4%) and minimum roll Sucker Punch damage (to 90/261 HP, 34.4%). Emboar KOed.

Turn 29: Mael sends in Flygon and clicks Outrage.

atomicllamas is out of options because min roll Outrage will 2HKO Tangrowth after rocks + TOX damage. Outrage will also OHKO Medicham, and Venusaur can clean up Tangrowth. If atomicllamas switches in Tangrowth and goes back out to sacrifice Medicham to attempt to play for confusion damage, Venusaur will clean. Game over.

HP: If Tangrowth comes in, Regenerator brings it up to 262/395 HP, 66.3%. It takes SR damage on the switch-in (to 213/395 HP, 53.9%), then takes the minimum roll Outrage (to 95/395 HP, 24%). It will die to the next minimum roll Outrage.

Result: Mael has a 100% win scenario and receives the win via precedent. In the future, we will rework D/C rules such that I don't have to spend 5 hours proving this shit.​

jake

underdog of the year
RE: idiotfrommars vs Aeroblacktyl

Situation: idiotfrommars disconnected from his Semi-Finals GSC OU game on turn 129, with the timer showing 30 seconds -> 20 -> 10 on that turn (and a low timer several turns prior).

While quite unfortunate that it happened to be the deciding game for the series as a whole, the same D/C rules apply as they have throughout the season.

A true D/C could not be determined as a result of the timer being too low. The ruling of the match is a timeout.​

Result: Aeroblacktyl wins via timeout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)