SPL XII - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!
I’m Moose And Goose and I am here to say a few words so that the managers can have context on me so that they understand what a valuable asset I would be on their SPL team! I’ve been a member on this forum for about [make sure to look this up later] years now, but I’ve mostly just played BSS minus the month of lurking in RU. In playing BSS I've even been carried to the coveted BSPL 4 championship! Other noteworthy achievements I have obtained are: almost being drafted in DPL because I have a cool name, running the BSS secret santa 2 years ago, and making over 100 BSS teams with a win rate of 40%!

In my signup post I have listed that I play current gen OU, but as mentioned in the signup post, I am willing to be flexible in the tier I would play! If anyone could reply to this telling me which gen of OU has the least competition so I can edit my signup I would appreciate it, as I need to look better in this crowd of random, and I figure that pretending to play many tiers as possible will make me look better to managers.
(managers please disregard the last sentence there thank you)

I’m not all talk though! I am currently ranked 1291 on the OU ladder under the alt “bolf222” (12-1 currently) and I have battled over 17 times in OU across all gens! I am also at a Glicko-1 rating of 1706±42 in gen 8 randbats, not that I know what Glicko-1 means. This proves that I am a very noteworthy trainer in the scope of OU.
In conclusion, if any manager is looking for a reliable random who will realistically go 2-4, I assure you I’m the best around!

As a minor side note DOU luckily is not in SPL anymore so nobody needs to bother noting that I’ve lost Round 1 or 2 in every DOU tournament I have signed up for.

Any questions can be sent to me or my personal manager The Squash , who you should not message because he won’t answer you probably!

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I for one think the TD's made a great decision, of course Averardo and I, as two people who have ever played a lower tier, are unqualified to captain a team for a tournament with the OU tier in it (ignore the fact that Avedo literally won an all OU team tournament in the past 7 months). Avedo's familiarity with the 4 slots involving SS and SM is clearly less valuable than two people who know how to play ADV (being generous here). And while you may think it makes sense to pick someone to captain the team who has a previous association with the team, given that the community clearly values the dynasty aspect of SPL, the TD team has obviously come to the conclusion that someone who is has a history of cancering on a specific team would have a better legacy for said team than someone who has ass-manned for said team twice. And obviously commitment is important as well, which is why someone who has doxxed and harassed prior teammates to play a game for a team he was managing is the perfect choice to manage a tournament like SPL. I applaud the TD team for their great decision making skills, can't wait for SPL to start!
You did it!

Hello!
I’m DR caetano93 and I am here to say a few words so that the managers can have context on me so that they understand what a valuable asset I would be on their SPL team! I’ve been a member on this forum for about [make sure to look this up later] years now, but I’ve mostly just played BW minus the month of lurking in RBY. In playing BW I've even been carried to the coveted SPL XI championship! Other noteworthy achievements I have obtained are: being drafted in DPL because I'm a Mannat goon, running the RBYPL 2 months ago, and making over 100 BW teams memes with a win rate of 40%!

In my signup post I have listed that I play BW OU, but as mentioned in the signup post, I am willing to be flexible in the tier I would play! If anyone could reply to this telling me which gen of OU has the least competition so I can edit my signup I would appreciate it, as I need to look better in this crowd of random, and I figure that pretending to play many tiers as possible will make me look better to managers.
(managers please disregard the last sentence there thank you)

I’m not all talk though! I am currently ranked 346 on the BW OU ladder under the alt “DR Caetano93” (159-51 currently) and I have battled over [insert a random number here] times in OU across all gens! I am also at a Glicko-1 rating of 1811±81 in gen 5 ou, not that I know what Glicko-1 means. This proves that I am a very noteworthy trainer in the scope of BW OU.
In conclusion, if any manager is looking for a reliable random who will realistically go 2-4, I assure you I’m the best around!

As a minor side note DOU luckily is not in SPL anymore so nobody needs to bother noting that I’ve lost Round 1 or 2 in every DOU tournament I have signed up for.

Any questions can be sent to me or my personal manager Mannat , who you should not message because he won’t answer you probably!

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
“- For an off-site tournament, hunting down a player's phone number and making a very intrusive phone call to ensure they would play their match”

This is an anecdote that callous tells from a team tournament that was what? 5 years ago? Note that the player never complained and it was never an issue. I’ve gotten texts from managers before concerning my matches. Is that somehow a permanently disqualifying act?

“- Conducting a one-hour interview for the explicit purpose of platforming a user permabanned from Smogon for hate speech, who then proceeded to double-down on their positions in said interview”

Seriously? “Platforming a user”? He conducted an interview with a banned user about Pokémon who was looking to make a comeback to Pokémon. Not like he was asking about his thoughts on which race is superior.

It is extremely clear that the reasons provided are an absolute stretch asspull to appease the serial whiners. And the people who went into closed channels to whine about this decision? Shame on you for being so pathetic. Take a step back and look at your life.

Last edited:
Eo Ut Mortus said:
- For an off-site tournament, hunting down a player's phone number and making a very intrusive phone call to ensure they would play their match
- Conducting a one-hour interview for the explicit purpose of platforming a user permabanned from Smogon for hate speech, who then proceeded to double-down on their positions in said interview
This is some bullshit. I don't know who exactly made this decision, and I don't mean to direct hate to the TD team, but y'all fucked this one up. I'm pretty sure the raunchiest thing that Lavos says in that interview is that he's got some hard feelings towards certain smogon folks, and while that may not be justified or kind I don't really think that that warrants official punishment towards the person conducting the interview. If you're really upset about that shit you're going to have to kick BKC too for having permabanned users as mods on his Discord server. Don't do that, it's obviously ridiculous. About the other point: Callous's guy cancers, Callous finds a way to contact him, Callous's guy plays. Probably fair to say he went a bit extreme here (many years ago), and again probably a stupid reason for this guy to take official punishment.
Callous does more to keep old gens alive and active than any other Smogon user with the possible exception of BKC. If you don't think the existence of Pokemon Perfect has significantly contributed to the advancement of all the classic gens (I'm speaking from experience of ADV here, but I know they hold tours for all the others too) then you are batshit insane. Callous hosts twice as many tournaments for ADV there as are hosted on all of Smogon all year, and that's the main reason we are seeing such incredible growth in our old-ass tier.
I normally don't buy the arguments of 'corrupt smogon politics' or whatever. I think that's mostly bullshit. But it's clear to everybody that some people wined to the TD's about Callous and Jabba getting picked to manage, and this is the result of that. Y'all knew everything that you put in that Administrative Decisions thread before picking these guys and if it were disqualifying then it would have disqualified him.

The fact of the matter is this Sprinkles, regardless of if you like Callous or not doxxing and hate speech do not belong on Smogon or any community for that matter.

It would be a disservice not only to the players and managers, but the site and past players as well. There is no statute of limitations on borderline predatory behavior and our community is better off without him. Good riddance.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
Nah this manager decision is not okay by me

Callous single-handedly does more for ADV than Smogon ever has.

If this bullshit is pulled on callous I'm not interested in participating in the tournament.

If Callous gets removed from his team I will not be playing.
I suggest fellow ADVers to also not put up with this
i won't be playing either bro, stand in solidarity :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)