SPL XII - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santu

is a Tiering Contributoris the 9th Grand Slam Winneris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
View attachment 315660

The result of the game did not matter one bit. We traded you because you acted like a prick, no more no less
Spin all this as you want, I never act out in the open, I always spoke about the trade with punny but in case the trade would not have been possible after week 5,I would have quietly continued to play for scooters. And what about you? Do you have done this out in the open? You and your friend are RATS, NON VOGLIO SNITCH NEL....

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
#IoStoConSantu
btw the worst manager prize goes to Tricking. in fact he deliberately pmed me that he would buy me in the midseason, but 30 minutes before the end of the auction he forced me to play a bo5 against corckscrew. I didn't accept [I dont have to demonstrate anything (especially to Tricking) and I won't play against a friend just for Tricking's joy] and he started insulting me.
he's a sadistic piece of shit and he doesn't have any sportsmanship, in fact he was already tourbanned. imho he needs another ban because his unsportmanship is destroying this beautiful competition and I'm not the first person he tricked into believing getting into spl, but I'm the first who want to speak publicly against this tyrant, one of the worst italian person since mussolini. I hope the tds will investigate on this and proceed to ban him for at least an year.

nice way to condemn an Italian friend.
Wow bro don't play the emotional card. It was you who was the renegade. You being his fellow countrymen should have stayed loyal to him. Doesn't matter if you were cancer or not but even posing a desire to play for another team is so bs. I think you got what you deserved, you have set a good example for others to not unnecessarily disturb managers to trade. Kudos to Amaranth

Niko

is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Please Santu don't interpret Ninja's answer as an assault. He's just defending his position, which is really understandable considering that he doesn't know you as well as me.
And don't blame Punny as well, who just asked me a honest advice about what to do in a difficult situation. We are best friends and I think sometimes he cares too much about my opinion, even when it's a stupid one.
Also, no one of our amazing mates knew about the trade.
If you're looking for someone to blame it's me. I've been discussing about your trade with Punny multiple times and convincing him that this was a cool idea, and I've never thought to talk with you before. This was a big disrespect by me and an infamous play to a friend I've known for years.
I was arrogant, believing that I could establish your will without talking to you in the first place. I only realized what I really did after things were done.
I really believe that my Scooters are going to win this tournament, and I wish them the best luck in the following weeks.
But now I'm here because I feel really bad for what happened, and I want to fix things.

For these reasons, and many more, I beg HANTSUKI, Prinz, Punny and Amaranth to propose and accept the following trade:

SCOOTERS: +Santu, -Niko
RUINERS: +Niko, -Santu

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I understand managers can be stuck with underperforming players and it's bad, but the way I see it, trades exist for situations where it'd benefit both parties. If there's no consent, it already indicates that the trade is skewed or flawed in a way. I'm sure most trades will still have consent, because why wouldn't you want to play for another team if your relationship with your current team isn't the best and it wants to give you away? Unless they are aware their relashionship with the other team will be even worse, in wich case it shouldn't be happening anyway. I think it's important to protect players from sent-to-brazil situations.

Please prove me wrong about sports if I am wrong, because I thought that surely all parties sign contracts since there's money involved. And that they normally do sign it, for the reason above (or, of course, for the money).
I don't disagree with you, Rewer, but I think it should be noted: when you sign up for SPL, you're agreeing to play to the best of your ability for whichever team has you, full stop.

It sucks when managers make a decision without the input of the players. I've been in that scenario as a player (with a positive record no less) and it's awful -- it feels shitty, you're disappointed in whatever led to the situation, and it takes a while to get used to the new team. It hurts even more when you're shifted from a team you perceive as a contender to a team that likely won't be. But you suck it up and play, because that's what you agreed to when you originally signed up.

I've also been in a similar situation as a manager, and it's shitty from that side too -- if you have player(s) who've made it clear that they'll only put in their best efforts playing for a specific team, then (especially if they've been communicating with the teams they'd prefer to play for) you'll get lowballed every time you try and trade them away. It's a catch-22: you have someone on your team who doesn't want to be there, but you can't realistically trade them away to wherever they want to go, since recipient team's managers know you're in a bind.

Last edited:

WinstonRed

I COULD BE BANNED!
Hey guys, sorry for bringing up the Kenix topic again, but I'm still a bit confused about what that ruling means for us "plebs". I'm likely not ever gonna participate in sth like SPL, but I'd still like to be sure about what's fine and what isn't.

Did I understand it right that we're only allowed to play and/or prep for publically accessible teams? Aka ones that either have RMTs or are available through pulic replays if one wants to go through the process of watching every turn and calcing for spreads (as opposed to: replays that one could only access with the direct link)?

And if yes, how does that affect imports being passed around by people other than the "inventor" of the team? Say Teal builds a team, passes it to ABR, and ABR then passes it to me, is that fine?

Or am I completely off here and it's just about the fact that it got linked mid-battle instead of during the "preparation phase"?

Thanks a lot in advance for the clarification(s) :P

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Hey guys, sorry for bringing up the Kenix topic again, but I'm still a bit confused about what that ruling means for us "plebs". I'm likely not ever gonna participate in sth like SPL, but I'd still like to be sure about what's fine and what isn't.

Did I understand it right that we're only allowed to play and/or prep for publically accessible teams? Aka ones that either have RMTs or are available through pulic replays if one wants to go through the process of watching every turn and calcing for spreads (as opposed to: replays that one could only access with the direct link)?

And if yes, how does that affect imports being passed around by people other than the "inventor" of the team? Say Teal builds a team, passes it to ABR, and ABR then passes it to me, is that fine?

Or am I completely off here and it's just about the fact that it got linked mid-battle instead of during the "preparation phase"?

Thanks a lot in advance for the clarification(s) :P
Pre-battle: you may prep using anything as long as its not a leak. Preparation is usually based off public games from your opp so yes, you can check those out and which teams they used. A leak is knowing before the game what your opp will use bc someone gave you this info. You may check private replays if you manage to get some of those.
During battle: you shouldn't really get unrequested outside info, p sure only thing that's allowed are requested calcs and game mechanics. Boat gave me this useful list of things that are allowed as well:
Requesting that a teammate do a calculation for you to save time: Allowed
Doing a calculation that was requested by the player: Allowed.
Linking the player a RMT of the team they are facing: Allowed.
Linking the player a public replay where their opponent uses the same team they are facing: Allowed.
Pointing out that their timer is low: Allowed.
Asking about a mechanic: Allowed.
Answering an objective question about mechanics: Allowed.
So why was kenix punished? He directly pmed the team being used, which wasn't public.
edit: heres also what you cannot do during a game, thx again to boat:
Doing any calculation that was not requested by the player: Not Allowed.
Speculation of any kind, such as (this Landorus has to be scarf): Not Allowed.
Linking the player a private replay where their opponent uses the same team they are facing: Not Allowed.
Linking the player a private importable where their opponent uses the same team they are facing: Not Allowed.
Suggesting moves of any kind: Extremely Not Allowed.
Hope this clears your doubts :blobthumbsup:

Last edited:

WinstonRed

I COULD BE BANNED!
Pre-battle: you may prep using anything as long as its not a leak. Preparation is usually based off public games from your opp so yes, you can check those out and which teams they used. A leak is knowing before the game what your opp will use bc someone gave you this info. You may check private replays if you manage to get some of those.
During battle: you shouldn't really get unrequested outside info, p sure only thing that's allowed are requested calcs and game mechanics. Boat gave me this useful list of things that are allowed as well:
Requesting that a teammate do a calculation for you to save time: Allowed
Doing a calculation that was requested by the player: Allowed.
Linking the player a RMT of the team they are facing: Allowed.
Linking the player a public replay where their opponent uses the same team they are facing: Allowed.
Pointing out that their timer is low: Allowed.
Asking about a mechanic: Allowed.
Answering an objective question about mechanics: Allowed.
So why was kenix punished? He directly pmed the team being used, which wasn't public.
edit: heres also what you cannot do during a game, thx again to boat:
Doing any calculation that was not requested by the player: Not Allowed.
Speculation of any kind, such as (this Landorus has to be scarf): Not Allowed.
Linking the player a private replay where their opponent uses the same team they are facing: Not Allowed.
Linking the player a private importable where their opponent uses the same team they are facing: Not Allowed.
Suggesting moves of any kind: Extremely Not Allowed.
Hope this clears your doubts :blobthumbsup:
That was a massive help, thanks a ton! And thanks Boat ;D

Out of curiosity though, why is linking someone a public replay midgame allowed, but not a private one? Since you mentioned that before the game starts, both would be acceptable ressources

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)