SPL XIII - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
just so i am clear: a dude was banned from the forums and thus ineligible to play SPL, and as a result of his ban, left a discord server of a tournament he's banned from playing in and failed to meet other activity requirements (because he was banned) and is therefore penalized by not being allowed to play next year in addition to being removed from the tournament (which, as a reminder, was done when he was banned)

this website continues to amaze me

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
hey guys I heard the TDs did yet another dumb what's new here

realistically i dont really give a fuck whos banned or not or about your post but your point here of trying to make banning people for not pokemon related things is pretty odd. do you think people like john w zamrock or cynara should be allowed on smogon? or people who are openly homophobic/racist/bigoted? just because you know someone as a nice user doesnt mean theyre going to remain a nice user everywhere else. just as you said things happen behind the curtain, so im not sure why that suddenly doesnt apply to people whove been banned. calling out whatever corruption or shit is happening with the tds (yawn) is cool and all but that point otherwise can be misconstrued

devins spl ban for not contributing is stupid obviously but lets not jump the gun on bans altogether here
bruh I got permabanned from the discord for greeting a long-time user in the exact same way I've been doing it for a fucking decade with zero issue because it's almost a bad word, let's not overstate the problem of bigotry around here

hey guys I heard the TDs did yet another dumb what's new here

bruh I got permabanned from the discord for greeting a long-time user in the exact same way I've been doing it for a fucking decade with zero issue because it's almost a bad word, let's not overstate the problem of bigotry around here
patrick.jpg

i asked a (basically) rhetorical about if bigots should be allowed on the site, how far up your ass did you reach to pull out that i was overstating the issue of bigotry? you must be talented

CTI

black

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
I just finished catching up on replays and felt like making something similar to the midseason power rankings shake did in the past, as someone who's been in spl like 6(?) times, has no intel on any team and only going through el sheet/replays for knowledge. I always thought they were an entertainingread when i was participating and i got nothing to do tonight so here goes the personal rankings noone asked for

dont quote this shit if it ends up wrong af alright bitch its all entertainment, also beware of in/on mistakes

1. Cryos

Cryos are my pick for the team that will win from what it looks post mids. By purchasing koalacance and endill, almost every slot seems pretty nice to me. Idk who the koala is but he got the rby ribbon which should be more than enough to compete for rby. I mean my dog could compete in rby with enough freezes/tauros crits(unless u play troller) but he actually also plays it a lot so he'll probably be fine. Endill had a bad last season iirc but he actually seemed to evolve a lot as a player from what i remember last year. In callous cup he found this line in an endgame with jolteon that i didnt even see(granted im admittedly awful at adv), so i think he's got some really nice potential backed up by triangs/oj, who are insane support. This would free up ojama to bw, which is quite clearly their most lackluster slot. After that every slot seems pretty nice, krystil seems to understand how to farm in dpp with bullshit like swagger jirachi/paraspam(the twave sub gyara was rly cool tbh) and then alternating with clef fat, conflict's bringing some fresh squads and spl4shs having an insane tour somehow, props to him. Only big mistake imo was storm for so much, i think he may end negative but they also have jyt chilling in the back to give the slot a try. Maybe they wont even do babo bw bc i have no intel on anything but even then, i think they should at least make the playoffs and give a team a good run for their money. Also they have both splashes which is hilarious wtf

Key points:
- Ojama seems to not be having an amazing tour(although not a bad one by any means, that early game vs star was insane), but he's gonna have to probably be better to carry the team's weight, especially when the obvious tiebreaks start happening because this tournament somehow always has them
- If the ss slots could do a little better itd be huge in general, as the baron mence and storm are all doing about average, so if they pulled through more it'd make the oldgens really annoying to get past, and they honestly all have the potential to do so

2. Tyrants

Rey got a nice squad going as usual. Btw can we talk about how abr's plot armor seems stronger than ever, i mean jesus christ what the fuck whatever... Anyway yeah the lineup just looks super strong to me, i mean whats the weak slot eeveeto? Even then you can just slap wof in for playoffs or whatever. Dude seems to be too pussy to ever get out the bench but he surely knows how to play more than fine for ss slot3. Squad also gets more powerful once you swap the dald to bw and marcop to adv once abrs luck runs out and marcop gets out of fucking bw for no reason, but i guess its not even necessary+abr advs strong af. I predict this team to easily make playoffs, reach finals, then rey loses as he's infinetly cursed to do so for the past decade of this tour.

Key points:
- does my man actually continue to win his games if magic doesnt occur
- i guess ss is lacking but leo's having the tour of his life and hsa is good to pull back, so i guess those things ending good are pretty important

3. Scooters

Yeah you thought i was just gonna be boring and pick the people already at the top of the sheet... think again. This is my personal hot take that may very well backfire. I just like the scoots a lot. The dangerous random is quietly having the strongest performance of the season imo, picking up 3 strong w's vs john, es, and talah. This could prove to be huge later on for possible tiebreaks as i think he'd beat anyone in the pool. Hes also playing leo who's the other 4-0 ss player so if he wins thatd be hella nice. They also put farghl to bw which to me seemed really smart, he had that one bw cup where he beat everybody and he's more than capable to compete there i think, and the other slots just seem pretty strong. The one question mark is fear kind of, hes even rn but def gonna need to do way more given his price(also idk why the marowak didn't sd and just win in the bp game? but maybe i missed something) for the team to actually pull back. They could just continue to sink and i guess theyre almost out of contention already, but fuck it we will see

4. One of Sharks/Tigers/Wolfpack

Sharks

This is your classic jerk team+the weebs to fill in the gaps(+choolio). A pretty hit or miss strat in the industry of team tournaments one could say, actually lets be real it never ends up fucking working but the lineup looks saucy and the team chat's the most fun one of the season so whatever. Lineup just genuinely looks really good though except pheo but it looks like he is a hidden demigod so its fine frr, mind gaming is also good af and slept on. I only have a bit of doubt with this team because jerk teams are cursed and i feel like theyre gonna flop last weeks and barely miss out but still its a good lineup

Key points:
- Does pheo actually continue to win
- Cbb needs to pull back hard because my man went for 30k fsr wtf LOL, same for well as a retain

Tigers

I remember watching callous' live auction vid and thinking he did a really nice job. I really like separation as a player, and jon seemed really good from the bit i watched of tour. The other slots are also pretty solid, but special shoutouts to carl who seems to be on fire this tour in particular. Main issue rn seems to be gsc, which is admittedly a huge issue since zoks actually just playing pretty subpar from what ive seen(no offense, just the garay game got pretty ugly) and they have zero backup there. If that wasnt happening id say i like all the other slots tbh. Shoutouts teclis, my man is finally having a season not getting haxed to shit. But yeah if gsc wasnt looking like autoloss every week theyd be better

Key points:
- If zok can come back stronger and get a nice record as hes consistently done so in this tour(from what i remember), itd obv impact things a lot
- Maybe if bea didnt lose to ox the fox 12 times a month he could help himself from looking like a payaso

Wolfpack

Wolfpack look pretty weird this time around. It feels like no slots really weak but theres also just not enough star players(get it..... because they have star... lol). It looks like trosk was supposed to be one of them by going for some weird crazy amount but he's not really being that, though obv hes good. I guess gary is washing everybody(and saving this team from being like dead last like every week lol) so maybe he could continue on his killer streak. Stars also doing fine(3-1 pretty much bc oj lucked), but he will probably need to do even better for this team to actually pull something this time. Still its an alright team and i feel like its hard for nails to actually end negative which means a lot of dubs coming for the latter part of the season. Feels like they barely make playoffs and just lose to someone semis but maybe just miss altogether, but personally dont see them winning. Also whos crihon... LOL

Key points:
- At this point it looks like it's on gary and star carry the team so they need to win a lot
- talahs a retain and had a phenomenal last season, but they seem to not be doing as hot this time. that will probably need to change soon for a chance at poffs
- Nails and trosko also prob need to win more given their price obviously lol

-------------------------------

gonna get more lazy with writing from here on out since its the teams im predicting to not make it

Ruiners

Look this team looks fucking crazy LOL idk what to make of it. It kinda just looks bad and weird like rozes' scl team too which i also thought was bad and then they actually performed so i dont know what to think. I genuinely just lack a lot of knowledge for slots like xavier get backer, skypenguin, and chuva de perereca(bom nome) but it looks like they are second so i guess rozes is just gonna make poffs again with ease, who knows. Looks like dices doing good which is pretty big bc imo hes the kind of player that either hits bottom of the barrel or rises to the top depending on the tour

Raiders

Why does every team have like the same color.. w/e ill use this..
Honestly the lineup actually looks strong with 100p in ss bc that dude never seemed to lose, but idk, only win bigs seems kinda sus, the fire ass buger going in though

Bigs

Nooo the bigs tppoat rice amog us lax wins every game from here on out

Classiest

Admittedly i forgot to write about this team earlier but its pretty interesting tbh. Feels like theyre following same line of spl11 with barely sneaking in last spot of playoffs... But eh..... idkkkkk

Iguana

formerly mc56556
I just finished catching up on replays and felt like making something similar to the midseason power rankings shake did in the past, as someone who's been in spl like 6(?) times, has no intel on any team and only going through el sheet/replays for knowledge. I always thought they were an entertainingread when i was participating and i got nothing to do tonight so here goes the personal rankings noone asked for
Wish you had played this SPL, man. :blobsad:

Thanks for the fun write-up, though.

dont quote this shit if it ends up wrong af alright bitch its all entertainment, also beware of in/on mistakes

1. Cryos

Cryos are my pick for the team that will win from what it looks post mids. By purchasing koalacance and endill, almost every slot seems pretty nice to me. Idk who the koala is but he got the rby ribbon which should be more than enough to compete for rby. I mean my dog could compete in rby with enough freezes/tauros crits(unless u play troller) but he actually also plays it a lot so he'll probably be fine. Endill had a bad last season iirc but he actually seemed to evolve a lot as a player from what i remember last year. In callous cup he found this line in an endgame with jolteon that i didnt even see(granted im admittedly awful at adv), so i think he's got some really nice potential backed up by triangs/oj, who are insane support. This would free up ojama to bw, which is quite clearly their most lackluster slot. After that every slot seems pretty nice, krystil seems to understand how to farm in dpp with bullshit like swagger jirachi/paraspam(the twave sub gyara was rly cool tbh) and then alternating with clef fat, conflict's bringing some fresh squads and spl4shs having an insane tour somehow, props to him. Only big mistake imo was storm for so much, i think he may end negative but they also have jyt chilling in the back to give the slot a try. Maybe they wont even do babo bw bc i have no intel on anything but even then, i think they should at least make the playoffs and give a team a good run for their money. Also they have both splashes which is hilarious wtf

Key points:
- Ojama seems to not be having an amazing tour(although not a bad one by any means, that early game vs star was insane), but he's gonna have to probably be better to carry the team's weight, especially when the obvious tiebreaks start happening because this tournament somehow always has them
- If the ss slots could do a little better itd be huge in general, as the baron mence and storm are all doing about average, so if they pulled through more it'd make the oldgens really annoying to get past, and they honestly all have the potential to do so

2. Tyrants

Rey got a nice squad going as usual. Btw can we talk about how abr's plot armor seems stronger than ever, i mean jesus christ what the fuck whatever... Anyway yeah the lineup just looks super strong to me, i mean whats the weak slot eeveeto? Even then you can just slap wof in for playoffs or whatever. Dude seems to be too pussy to ever get out the bench but he surely knows how to play more than fine for ss slot3. Squad also gets more powerful once you swap the dald to bw and marcop to adv once abrs luck runs out and marcop gets out of fucking bw for no reason, but i guess its not even necessary+abr advs strong af. I predict this team to easily make playoffs, reach finals, then rey loses as he's infinetly cursed to do so for the past decade of this tour.

Key points:
- does my man actually continue to win his games if magic doesnt occur
- i guess ss is lacking but leo's having the tour of his life and hsa is good to pull back, so i guess those things ending good are pretty important

3. Scooters

Yeah you thought i was just gonna be boring and pick the people already at the top of the sheet... think again. This is my personal hot take that may very well backfire. I just like the scoots a lot. The dangerous random is quietly having the strongest performance of the season imo, picking up 3 strong w's vs john, es, and talah. This could prove to be huge later on for possible tiebreaks as i think he'd beat anyone in the pool. Hes also playing leo who's the other 4-0 ss player so if he wins thatd be hella nice. They also put farghl to bw which to me seemed really smart, he had that one bw cup where he beat everybody and he's more than capable to compete there i think, and the other slots just seem pretty strong. The one question mark is fear kind of, hes even rn but def gonna need to do way more given his price(also idk why the marowak didn't sd and just win in the bp game? but maybe i missed something) for the team to actually pull back. They could just continue to sink and i guess theyre almost out of contention already, but fuck it we will see

4. One of Sharks/Tigers/Wolfpack

Sharks

This is your classic jerk team+the weebs to fill in the gaps(+choolio). A pretty hit or miss strat in the industry of team tournaments one could say, actually lets be real it never ends up fucking working but the lineup looks saucy and the team chat's the most fun one of the season so whatever. Lineup just genuinely looks really good though except pheo but it looks like he is a hidden demigod so its fine frr, mind gaming is also good af and slept on. I only have a bit of doubt with this team because jerk teams are cursed and i feel like theyre gonna flop last weeks and barely miss out but still its a good lineup

Key points:
- Does pheo actually continue to win
- Cbb needs to pull back hard because my man went for 30k fsr wtf LOL, same for well as a retain

Tigers

I remember watching callous' live auction vid and thinking he did a really nice job. I really like separation as a player, and jon seemed really good from the bit i watched of tour. The other slots are also pretty solid, but special shoutouts to carl who seems to be on fire this tour in particular. Main issue rn seems to be gsc, which is admittedly a huge issue since zoks actually just playing pretty subpar from what ive seen(no offense, just the garay game got pretty ugly) and they have zero backup there. If that wasnt happening id say i like all the other slots tbh. Shoutouts teclis, my man is finally having a season not getting haxed to shit. But yeah if gsc wasnt looking like autoloss every week theyd be better

Key points:
- If zok can come back stronger and get a nice record as hes consistently done so in this tour(from what i remember), itd obv impact things a lot
- Maybe if bea didnt lose to ox the fox 12 times a month he could help himself from looking like a payaso

Wolfpack

Wolfpack look pretty weird this time around. It feels like no slots really weak but theres also just not enough star players(get it..... because they have star... lol). It looks like trosk was supposed to be one of them by going for some weird crazy amount but he's not really being that, though obv hes good. I guess gary is washing everybody(and saving this team from being like dead last like every week lol) so maybe he could continue on his killer streak. Stars also doing fine(3-1 pretty much bc oj lucked), but he will probably need to do even better for this team to actually pull something this time. Still its an alright team and i feel like its hard for nails to actually end negative which means a lot of dubs coming for the latter part of the season. Feels like they barely make playoffs and just lose to someone semis but maybe just miss altogether, but personally dont see them winning. Also whos crihon... LOL

Key points:
- At this point it looks like it's on gary and star carry the team so they need to win a lot
- talahs a retain and had a phenomenal last season, but they seem to not be doing as hot this time. that will probably need to change soon for a chance at poffs
- Nails and trosko also prob need to win more given their price obviously lol

-------------------------------

gonna get more lazy with writing from here on out since its the teams im predicting to not make it

Ruiners

Look this team looks fucking crazy LOL idk what to make of it. It kinda just looks bad and weird like rozes' scl team too which i also thought was bad and then they actually performed so i dont know what to think. I genuinely just lack a lot of knowledge for slots like xavier get backer, skypenguin, and chuva de perereca(bom nome) but it looks like they are second so i guess rozes is just gonna make poffs again with ease, who knows. Looks like dices doing good which is pretty big bc imo hes the kind of player that either hits bottom of the barrel or rises to the top depending on the tour

Raiders

Why does every team have like the same color.. w/e ill use this..
Honestly the lineup actually looks strong with 100p in ss bc that dude never seemed to lose, but idk, only win bigs seems kinda sus, the fire ass buger going in though

Bigs

Nooo the bigs tppoat rice amog us lax wins every game from here on out

Classiest

Admittedly i forgot to write about this team earlier but its pretty interesting tbh. Feels like theyre following same line of spl11 with barely sneaking in last spot of playoffs... But eh..... idkkkkk
WELCOMEEEEEE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)