Sprites n' such! (open for some* requests)

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Heyo, ur shameless plug led me here. It'd be sick if you could do bw Clerk next to a heatran!
Didn't know which one specifically since there are apparently 2 (according to bulbapedia), so
clerk 1.png
clerk 2.png

Please make the Misty on top of the Lugia a Cynthia, while please keeping the animation. Please make Lugia Black and Red instead of White and Blue.
WIP

My guy, never got to formally thank you anywhere for making my custom avatar that I use on PS right now. Sorry for bugging you about it constantly every day almost, but I'm so happy that you were able to make it exactly as I wanted it to be. Keep up the good work man! Can't wait to see more of your sprite content :]

deetah

Delicate as silk
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Hey Max! Great work as always. I have a request for you that's mostly for fun. I'd sprite it myself but I'm a bit too busy with other things.

Can you sprite me a hockey player in a Buffalo Sabres jersey / color-theme? If possible with the number 9 and the letter C somewhere on the jersey. Here's a few pictures for you to reference.

In the second picture I want the sprite to be standing like that, like he's skating and such. I know it might be a complicated request but I'd much appreciate if you would attempt this. Many thanks in advance!

Hello! Just wondering if I could request a sprite with bw2 elesa w/glasses and standing with a mega ampharos by her side. Thanks

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
PS Admin
Hey Max! Great work as always. I have a request for you that's mostly for fun. I'd sprite it myself but I'm a bit too busy with other things.

Can you sprite me a hockey player in a Buffalo Sabres jersey / color-theme? If possible with the number 9 and the letter C somewhere on the jersey. Here's a few pictures for you to reference.
coming soon to a thread near you (still WIP sry, complex and i only got my comp back today :x)
Hello! Just wondering if I could request a sprite with bw2 elesa w/glasses and standing with a mega ampharos by her side. Thanks

r/therewasanattempt

I'm training to be a fusion spriter, but I'm struggling in the area of X/Y sprites (specifically Steelix x Aegislash).
My problem: I know what I want, but it's very difficult to pinpoint the most updated sprites, and I made a lot of progress on one only to realize that a lot of it was done with an outdated sprite. At minimum, I need to find the best of the following sprites, and make fusions for each:
A (Aegislash): This one was made 100% custom in the Pokémon B/W sprite project for X/Y, and I spliced the wrong sprites.
  1. Shield front
  2. Shield back
  3. Blade front
  4. Blade back
B (Steelix): The difference between male and female is in the jaw; Females got their wisdom teeth removed.
  1. Male front
  2. Female front
  3. Male back
  4. Female back
  5. Mega front
  6. Mega back
C (fusion; to be made from the above): With imagery for the look I'm going for.
  1. Male shield front - A long-spiked, golden chain wrapped around a steel, shield-face like a string on a yo-yo, locked in place with a sword like a pin securing a ball of yarn.
  2. Male shield back
  3. Male blade front - Aforementioned chain unravels, revealing a long sword at one end and flag-like arms extending from the shield-face, forming something akin to Arbok's hood, Heliolisk's frills, Zygarde's panels, Giratina's claws, or Hydreigon's 'wings.'
  4. Male blade back
  5. Female shield front - Same as male shield, minus half of any jagged patterns on the shield-face
  6. Female shield back
  7. Female blade front - Same as male blade, minus half of any jagged patterns on the shield-face
  8. Female blade back
  9. Mega shield front - Same as basic female shield, but the arms of basic male blade extend from the spikes, reaching out like Cofagrigus' arms, and the spikes are crystalline prisms. A asteroid belt of shrapnel forms a ring around the shield-face, like the Uranus' vertical ring. Remove all jagged patterns on the shield-face, and emphasize any other patterns. Change eye color to blue.
  10. Mega shield back
  11. Mega blade front - Same as basic male blade, but the chain links are separated (connected via a glowing magnetic field), the sword becomes a blunt handle (surrounded by shrapnel), and the head becomes a spike-ball, like a medieval mace-on-chain. +1 to any jagged patterns on the shield-face, and spikes become crystalline. Change eye color to blue.
  12. Mega blade back
+Shinies (which I can probably manage myself).
I do not need them animated. I do not need them anytime soon.
At least could you please help me pinpoint exactly the right posts containing the best version of each basic sprite?
And at the very minimum, give me some tips?

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
PS Admin
let's see here..
At least could you please help me pinpoint exactly the right posts containing the best version of each basic sprite?
pinpoint the most updated sprites
best place for sprites in general is http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/ - digging through the various sprite threads is often more trouble than it's worth - if it's on PS, it's usually pretty good in my experience.
And at the very minimum, give me some tips?
these are more, like, in general spriting tips, but still.
- copy/paste is your friend, use it wisely and use it often
- cut tool is also great
- some useful tools for fusions, i've found, which i also just use in general, are piskelapp.com and pixlr.com - free and with good tools
- less is more (less complex the better)
- more than 20 colors gets weird
- where applicable, it's useful to look thru other sprites to find shapes you need, then cut / paste
alright that's all i have time for, unfortunately, since my flight leaves at 5:30 am tomorrow and i'd like to have more than 6 hrs of sleep.
feel free to hmu on PS or disc (miapi#6831) if you need to ask anything more :]

best place for sprites in general is http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/ - digging through the various sprite threads is often more trouble than it's worth - if it's on PS, it's usually pretty good in my experience.
- some useful tools for fusions, i've found, which i also just use in general, are piskelapp.com and pixlr.com - free and with good tools
- more than 20 colors gets weird
- where applicable, it's useful to look thru other sprites to find shapes you need, then cut / paste
alright that's all i have time for, unfortunately, since my flight leaves at 5:30 am tomorrow and i'd like to have more than 6 hrs of sleep.
feel free to hmu on PS or disc (miapi#6831) if you need to ask anything more :]
The problem I have with the PS! catalogue of sprites is that some of them, especially shinies, are inconsistent.
For example:

Oftentimes, there are also a few stray pixels of colors that failed to get corrected because the spriter wasn't using piskelapp's recolor-all feature.
Yeah! I have been using Piskelapp.com. It's extremely useful. I grew up on MS Paint (not MS Windows Live Paint) and needed a replacement when I switched over to all Mac products, and it has done more than I could have asked for!
- less is more (less complex the better)
I'll keep that note well in my mind.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
PS Admin
The problem I have with the PS! catalogue of sprites is that some of them, especially shinies, are inconsistent
main thing to do in cases like this is pick the sprite you like better, then use the palette of the other to recolor it.

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Hey I know this might be a bit of s hefty request but could you do Kurapika from HxH with his scarlet eyes and chains? Preferably the clothing he used against Uvogin, but anything is fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)