Project SS DOU Teambuilding Competition - Week 15: New Kids on the Block

Status
Not open for further replies.
:Togedemaru::chandelure::torkoal::spritzee::melmetal::venusaur:
Here you have a modification of the team I am using to reach high ladder after a period of stagnation. It wasn't really a sacrifice, as even though I usually use goth instead of spritzee but the team's core is so absurdly powerful that any bulky tr setter can occupy it's place.

This is team has a destructive lead of Togedemaru and Chandelure into Torkoal which starts by togedemaru faking out an opponent and allowing Chandelure to set up Trick room, who handily is immune to enemy fake out. Fake out could theoreticly kill togedemaru if paired with another attack, however the prospect of having sun boosted eruption+heat wave next turn tends to scare even bulky resists. If the enemy chooses not to feal a heat comparable to that of the sun's core,lvl 1 togedemaru will be able to endeavor an enemy down to 1HP and heal through shell bell in the process, and being picked off by chandelure or torkoal later on. At some point chandelure will probably die, at which point torkoal will make an appearance, the only thing of note is that it's lvl 99, so as to underspeed the otherwise problematic opposing torkoal and KO after endeavor. I'd go on, but after Trick room it is very unlikely your opponent has more than 3 pokemon while you have 5, 4 at worst, at which point it is very self-explanatory how to end the game if the opponent hasn't forfeited already. Spritzee is a backup tr user, as melmetal is a jack of all trades tr abuser. In case you don't feel using tr again there is also venusaur.

Last edited:
make the chandelure a litwick for lower speed in TR and I’m sold
The chandelure is meant to be a relentless attacker on top of a tr setter, making it a litwick would defeat that purpose and slow down the team. Maybe that idea has some merit, but not for this team, as any slowdown would put me at a disadvantage. And shadow tag is kind of redundant anyway on my normal team as usually there aren't many pokemon remaining.

sawamura

Banned deucer.
:Ferrothorn::Pelipper::Indeedee-f::incineroar::Rhydon::togetic:
This is a team designed to use togepic as a Meme, but to do it in a more serious way. Well, take this rhidón because I like the pressure of the body on this objective and I see that it is a slow but sure way to win with the set of ferrothorn covered by the aggressive rain of Pelliper and a very different Indedee than the ones I have used, which He helps with his psychic Surge to kill a Incineroar with fake out highly spammed that helps you cover your Bulky Carry

I need help with my English Pls

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Lots of cool teams this week! Voting ends Monday.

GenOne
Mizuhime
Memoric
SMB
miltankmilk
KyleCole
YoBuddy
talkingtree
Commander Beta
zikam

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Calling it here, Memoric wins!

I'm also going to start giving out a new small award for a team which didn't win but I feel was heat nonetheless. The first "Congratulations, you need Jesus" Award goes to: Mizuhime! Congrats, you need Jesus.

Week 13 will be up next week ft: No Glove, All Love!

tennisace

Week 13: No Glove, All Love!

Everyone knows Protect is a vital part of Doubles... but as time has gone on, more and more Pokemon forego the use of it to reclaim a 4th moveslot, or to take advantage of items such as Assault Vest or Choice Specs. So what kind of team arises when none of your Pokemon can protect?

You may not use the following moves on any Pokemon:

-Protect
-Detect
-Wide Guard
-Quick Guard
-King's Shield
-Obstruct
-Spiky Shield
-Baneful Bunker
-Crafty Shield
-Any move I forgot that has a protection-type effect

Building ends Friday, voting ends next Sunday. Have fun!

And remember kids: wrap it before you tap it.

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
1589416416726.png
1589416444586.png
1589416464006.png
1589416486029.png
1589416503572.png
1589416518059.png

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Muddy Water
- Aura Sphere
- Focus Blast

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Body Press
- Roost

Zeraora @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Fake Out

Incineroar @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 24 Def / 144 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Flare Blitz
- Parting Shot

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Tailwind
- Taunt

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Clear Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast

I had a team like this sitting in my builder and it already had a low amount of protects so I just it worked out pretty good. Specs Keldeo can do some cool stuff like 252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Melmetal: 404-476 (98 - 115.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO. It has no accurate water move, but if you play good you will always hit. Corviknight feels better without protect than Melmetal and having something ground immune is always nice. Zeraora and Incineroar are just good mons that you can put on any team because Fake Out is always useful. Dragapult is Specs because Life Orb is weak and you might as well go Specs if you cannot run protect anyway. Whimsicott provides speed control and is useful to with the firepower on the team with Specs Keldeo and Specs Dragapult.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
:kyurem: :corviknight: :incineroar: :tsareena: :terrakion: :mew:
Kyurem @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 120 HP / 60 SpA / 76 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Glaciate
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Calm Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Taunt
- Roost

Incineroar @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 32 Def / 120 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot

Tsareena (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 72 Def / 20 SpD / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Mew @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Tailwind
- Pollen Puff
- Toxic Spikes
This prompt seemed like the perfect time to try building around Iron Defense + Taunt Corviknight, and I noticed that it paired quite well with AV Kyurem. Kyurem takes out problematic foes like Rotom-W and slows things down enough for Corviknight to have more chances to set up, while Corviknight crushes Sand teams that give Kyurem issues. Incineroar further offers free turns and an answer to sun, one of the worst matchups for Corviknight. Tsareena blocking opposing Fake Out makes sure Corviknight can get off a Roost, but I mainly picked it because none of its teammates can have any sort of Protect to block it. Terrakion is the only member of this team that has a move change I wouldn't normally pick -- Protect is definitely superior to Swords Dance here, but if that's not allowed then Swords Dance makes it a pretty dangerous cleaner with the support offered by the rest of the team. Mew is generally good, but Toxic Spikes support is great in particular for a team centered around such a slow bulky wincon, and I love having Pollen Puff support with two AV users.

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
:pincurchin: :zeraora: :dragapult: :incineroar: :gyarados: :melmetal:
Pincurchin @ Choice Band
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Zing Zap
- Sucker Punch
- Toxic Spikes
- Self-Destruct

Zeraora @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Hex

Melmetal @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Stomping Tantrum
- Thunder Punch
- Self-Destruct

Incineroar @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 56 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Overheat
- Parting Shot

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 56 SpD / 68 Spe
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
So I originally made this squad in Church discord, but I ended up bringing it to Seasonals instead. Gyara was the only Protect anyways, so this felt like a natural fit to post here. Banded Pincurchin is the star of the show, it provides Terrain to block sleep and boost Zera, but it hits like an absolute truck in its own right. Pincurchin mainly uses Zing Zap, but can snipe stuff with Sucker or Self-Destruct next to Zera or our own Pult. It can set Tspikes + Terrain early in a match or when Intimidated, too.

Zera's the other Terrain payoff, it hits hard and can pivot really well. Specs Hex Pult fits well with Tspikes, but it's happy to click its other moves. Banded Melm is just more offensive pressure, and it's a second Self-Destruct user for the heck of it. Incin and Gyara add some much needed bulk and double Intimidate, which makes a really great pivoting core. Overall, I'm really happy with how this turned out and the team is a blast to play.

Pincurchin taking souls: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1112317165-y9phcaxn8953g12ptptdq8dfkunn2dmpw

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)