SS OU SS Dynamax Mimikyu Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to competitive Pokemon and team-building in general, any help is appreciated! Trying to build a team based around Dynamax Mimikyu... I don't expect to get super far just yet, but I want to try it out!

Meema [Mimikyu] (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Claw

My strategy so far has been to Dynamax Mimikyu after getting a Swords Dance off and hitting hard with Max Starfall and Max Fantasm. Once Mimikyu takes enough hits/returns to normal, playing a Destiny Bone allows whatever it hasn't taken down yet to get knocked out and out of the way. Runs into problems when confronted with Steel-type moves from opposing Corviknights/Excadrills. Have had a good time with this one. Lonely Nature is temporary, I just grew attached to the Mimikyu I started using to test this out (lol). Leftovers covers some of the damage lost from busting her Disguise.

Ciarán [Corviknight] (M) @ Razor Claw
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Body Press
- Screech
- Protect
- Fly

A staller who can strike with Body Press (for super effective and decent chip damage) and Fly (for STAB damage), both of which can get a nice boost from Razor Claw, and withstand most anything. I really like the Jolly nature Corviknight but we'll see. I pair him with Mimikyu up front and try and get a Screech off alongside Mimikyu's Swords Dance. I would be interested in replacing Protect or Screech with Roost but we shall see. I haven't run into too many problems yet as this Corviknight is incredibly sturdy, but he doesn't do well with Electric types, so anyone playing a Thunderbolt Dragapult could be of issue.

Deirdre [Dragapult] (F) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dive
- U-turn
- Phantom Force

This one is fun! Dive is there for coverage and another two-turn move like Phantom Force has thrown a few people off guard. U-turn allows me to pull Sylveon or Corviknight back into battle depending on who is out, as they can both take some decent hits. She's really in danger from Ghost and Dragon-type moves, however. I try and pair her with Sylveon as my Sylveon's Misty Terrain halves damage from Dragon moves and her Cute Charm comes in clutch sometimes. Dragon Dance hasn't done much for me as she's pretty fragile and its risky to waste a turn with it, so I'd love a new move suggestion here in particular.

Saoirse [Sylveon] (F) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Spe / 252 Def
Quiet Nature
- Quick Attack
- Moonblast
- Dig
- Misty Terrain

This Sylveon has been fun - Moonblast gets a boost from Pixie Plate, Misty Terrain halves the risk of all the Dragon-types currently in play, Quick Attack has been great for picking off Pokemon that just can't quite get knocked out, and Dig is there for a bit of type coverage and cover with a two-turn move. Still working on this one, however, and I was considering replacing Dig with Mystical Fire but I'm a huge fan of two-turn moves and stalling.

Any and all advice, again, welcome! I've had a lot of fun battling people online over the past few days and I hope we cross paths!

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Hi, welcome to Smogon, mimikyu1994. Unfortunately, this is an incomplete team and we only rate teams, not build them. If you would like for me to unlock this thread you can add two more teammates, write up descriptions for them, and then open a conversation with me and I will be happy to unlock this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)