approved by Chaitanya / banner by Jolly Togekiss ^-^ / Original OP by Tyke
Welcome to Monotype Community-Create-A-Team, a weekly Monotype Event where users come together to build fresh new teams, as a community.
During the process of a CCAT, the host guides the community through the process of building a team. Users involved will work together step-by-step to decide the team's build, pick teammates to support the core, and flesh out sets. Finished teams will be posted in this thread and gathered in the post below, alongside a brief description of the team-building process.
There will be 2 phases of selecting what the team shall be built around:
Anyone may comment in this thread a set, core, or archetype they would like to build around, including the generation the team is to be built in, and the type the set, core, or archetype will be on. This phase will run from as soon as the previous CCAT is posted, to Thursday midnight / Friday. The submissions will then be grouped together for the next phase. (all times GMT)
Users will comment which of the options they like the most, and the winner will be what the next CCAT is based around. This phase will run from Thursday midnight / Friday, to be ended & tallied ready for the CCAT to start on Saturdays at 00:00pm GMT. (all times GMT)
The hosts of the CCAT will not necessarily be the same each week; Mateeus , Jolly Togekiss, Firnen, and I run the project however anybody the four of us deem trustworthy may host. Do not use this thread to ask to become a host. We will decide the hosts ourselves.
Here are some general guidelines regarding CCATs:
- Every CCAT will centre team-building around a specific idea––a core, a set, or an archetype––which has already been selected in this thread. Do not argue or appeal this idea during discussion. You may use this thread as a place to suggest cores or ideas for an upcoming CCAT.
- Suggestions for the team should be thoughtful. Remember that the purpose of the CCAT project is to build teams that are viable in the metagame. Creative and unconventional ideas are welcome and should be discussed.
- When discussing a Pokemon, consider it both individually and in the larger context of the team. What role does it fill? How does it support the team? What support does it itself need?
- Be prepared to make many revisions to the team over the course of the CCAT. Adjustments to movesets, EVs, or entire teamslots will be common at each stage of team-building.
- Remember, discussion should, first and foremost, be civil and respectful. Flaming, shitposting, and hostility will not be tolerated.