Post-Home Fire Offense

https://pokepast.es/34c9d697c3cbf1fe

1588228113297.png
1588228127089.png
1588228150610.png
1588228161946.png
1588228172430.png
1588228183188.png

I built this team around Rotom-H, since it is one of the, if not, the only viable Pokemon on Fire-type teams that can beat common Water-types such as Pelipper, Gyarados, and Toxapex. I decided to add a Chandelure to the team because my Rotom-H appreciates a Pokemon that can hit Seismitoad and Gastrodon, two Pokemon that Rotom-H’s STAB couldn’t hit. I chose Chandelure due to its access to Energy Ball, which can hit both aforementioned Water-types super effectively. I decided to add a hazard removal core of Torkoal and Cinderace because my Chandelure will have a hard time switching in due to its lack of Heavy-Duty Boots. Torkoal also sets sun on my team and my go-to lead, while Cinderace is a good utility Pokemon that can pivot into its teammates with U-turn. It also forms a great VoltTurn core with Rotom-H. I chose Charizard as my 5th Pokemon because I needed a sun sweeper. Charizard was the first Pokemon that popped into my mind because of Solar Power. Charizard has absolute good synergy with Torkoal. Charizard appreciates Torkoal removing hazards, as well as setting up sun and rocks for it to sweep easier. Finally for my last spot, I gave it to Darmanitan. Originally, Arcanine occupied this last spot, but then I scouted the Smogon Forums, and I soon learned that Darmanitan was a better choice than Arcanine due to it being so good in the sun, and that Sheer Force was overpowered, that it almost OHKOed everything.

I have enjoyed using this team very much, and I hope you do too!

Kev

Part of the journey is the end
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The ice sample is pre-home, so submitting a new one

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Encore

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 52 HP / 204 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Fusion Bolt

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower

Avalugg @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Avalanche
- Body Press
- Recover

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Ice Shard

Cloyster @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

Alolan Ninetales with Aurora Veil makes the team's setup sweepers, Kyurem-Black and Cloyster, even more potent threats as it is much easier for them to set up. It's great Speed and Moonblast allow it to take out Fighting-types that can be threatening to the team. Also, it makes the Water-type match up easier as Freeze Dry threatens the entire team. Kyurem-Black is a threatening Pokemon that can solo teams if it manages to get a sufficient amount of Dragon Dances. It's HP investment makes it so that Corsola-Galar's Night Shade can not break the substitute with one attack. This makes setting up easier, thus facilitating the sweep. Darmanitan-Galar is a great Choice Scarf user because it can effectively revenge kill, and break Pokemon. It's access to Fire Punch allows it to tear through Steel-type teams, which is a difficult matchup for this type. It can also use Superpower on Tyranitar which would otherwise threaten the team. Avalugg is the best defensive wall, and can remove hazards which would slowly break down the team with residual damage. Piloswine sets up Stealth Rock for the team, which helps the sweepers by wracking up residual damage on the opposing team. Also, it's high Special Defense can help it handle dangerous Choice Scarf users like Charizard and Dragapult. Priority helps it take out some weakened threats. Cloyster is another great sweeper that can automatically win many matchups if the opposing team is weakened and it manages to get a Shell Smash.

There's a few more things that seem outdated in the samples, but nothing to major. Might address them another time, not sure

Last edited:

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
The ice sample is pre-home, so submitting a new one

Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Encore

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 52 HP / 204 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Fusion Bolt

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower

Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Avalanche
- Body Press
- Recover

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Ice Shard

Cloyster @ King's Rock
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

Alolan Ninetales with Aurora Veil makes the team's setup sweepers, Kyurem-Black and Cloyster, even more potent threats as it is much easier for them to set up. It's great Speed and Moonblast allow it to take out Fighting-types that can be threatening to the team. Also, it makes the Water-type match up easier as Freeze Dry threatens the entire team. Kyurem-Black is a threatening Pokemon that can solo teams if it manages to get a sufficient amount of Dragon Dances. It's HP investment makes it so that Corsola-Galar's Night Shade can not break the substitute with one attack. This makes setting up easier, thus facilitating the sweep. Darmanitan-Galar is a great Choice Scarf user because it can effectively revenge kill, and break Pokemon. It's access to Fire Punch allows it to tear through Steel-type teams, which is a difficult matchup for this type. It can also use Superpower on Tyranitar which would otherwise threaten the team. Avalugg is the best defensive wall, and can remove hazards which would slowly break down the team with residual damage. Piloswine sets up Stealth Rock for the team, which helps the sweepers by wracking up residual damage on the opposing team. Also, it's high Special Defense can help it handle dangerous Choice Scarf users like Charizard and Dragapult. Priority helps it take out some weakened threats. Cloyster is another great sweeper that can automatically win many matchups if the opposing team is weakened and it manages to get a Shell Smash.

There's a few more things that seem outdated in the samples, but nothing to major. Might address them another time, not sure
Gonna respond to this one in particular since Kyurem-B suspect is up, I feel like having an updated Ice sample up ASAP is something that's good for people that want to gauge the Pokemon in question being suspected. Overall the team is good, I would just do Flare Blitz > Fire Punch on Galarian Darmanitan for the power, OHKOing Pokemon like Corviknight and Aegislash is really nice. Additionally Toxic on Piloswine over Ice Shard and Choice Scarf Weavile over Cloyster seems ideal here. Toxic helps put pressure on Defoggers like Mandibuzz and on opposing walls, and Choice Scarf Weavile is particularly good right now for outspeeding things like Choice Scarf Jirachi, Choice Scarf Charizard, and Choice Scarf Terrakion. Icicle Crash / Knock Off / Foul Play / Low Kick works. Let me know on Discord if you have any questions.

I'll respond to the rest of these later; sorry for the wait.

I did a team Sun with a monotype grass:

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Knock Off

Venusaur @ Heat Rock
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Wish

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- U-turn

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Sunny Day
- Moonblast
- Toxic
- Memento

I did a team Sun with a monotype grass:

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Knock Off

Venusaur @ Heat Rock
Modest Nature
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Wish

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- U-turn

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Sunny Day
- Moonblast
- Toxic
- Memento
why does your venusaur have a heat rock and no sunny day? whimsicott is a better holder of heat rock, and i'd consider shiftry > leafeon to abuse sun a bit more.

I have been experimenting with my own grass type Sun team. Weatherball on venusaur provides cover for ice and steel, and Virizion uses stonedge and close combat/sacred sword to cover dark, and fire type. Whimsicott can deal with some dragons, but its still a little iffy on that front.

Whimsicott (F) @ Heat Rock
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Toxic
- Moonblast
- Encore

Venusaur (F) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Giga Drain

Appletun @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recycle
- Leech Seed
- Apple Acid
- Protect

Shiftry @ Black Glasses
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Roserade @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm
- Shadow Ball
- Extrasensory

Virizion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Sacred Sword
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This is a slightly more aggressive version of the available sample team. Poison still kinda sucks in the current meta. That's why I've found this team to be quite successful because it doesn't depends too much on stalling (stalling is still your strongest win condition though). I love poison type but I'm not a fan of stalling, so this team is great if you like pivoting and predicting. Poison does not suck in the current metagame, if anything, Poison is being used way more according to Post-Kyurem-Black ban. "it doesn't depends too much on stalling " Poison is literally statusing and chipping damage with Toxic Spikes, Toxic, Scald and gaining health. If the team is quite useful, you should provide some replays on why/how the team is great. Its not what you like, its what is better for the type overall and Poison is not a offensive type.

@ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Haze
- Flamethrower
- Taunt

I switched to the pure poison form of Weezing because even though the dragon immunity is nice, the additional weakness to steel hurts its overall bulk a lot. SubToxic Salazzle helps with Steel, the Fire STAB (flamethrower) hits incredible hard because there is not Steel-type Fire-immunity. Vileplume is a defensive Pokemon that provides a switchin for Excadrill and is the main Pokemon that checks Mold Breaker Excadrill. And gods poison has so many problems against steel already. It doesn't, Toxapex, Salazzle, and Vileplume does great in the Poison matchup if played correctly. It does lose access to defog but Skuntank is a better defogger anyway.Both Skutank and Galarian Weezing are arguable great defoggers. This set also shut down any attempt to set up from common steel threat like Aegislash or Cobalion. Cobalion is not used on steel, how does this better the Dragon matchup.

@ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Dazzling Gleam

Your traditional scarf spike Roserade, nothing special. Dazzling gleam is to surprise & revenge kill a chipped Dracovish. Toxapex is a check for Dracovish with Baneful Bunker + Recover. Missing 4 Evs, If your running scarf, Leaf Storm is way better. Dracovish is not a huge threat as compared to Excadrill, and Vileplume does a better job checking it

@ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic/ Haze / Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Baneful Bunker
- Recover

Ah, your main win condition here, pretty standard. You can replace toxic with knock off to cripple your opponent. But tbh, its job to to stall and win, not to cripple. This checks Dracovish with Baneful Bunker. Double Scarfers is not really needed on Poison

@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave

Another MVP. Corrosion toxic is extremely valuable against steel or poison target so don't use it recklessly. It also smacks things like G-Darmanitan real hard since most people would just assume that it has a substitute set. I don't think you really need two Fire moves. I can work with this set , you have to be cautious on Salazzle not gaining health back with Black Sludge but again you don't need to scarfers. You can slash Dragon Pulse on Flamethrower or replace.

@ Air Balloon
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Encore
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave

Until Crobat is released, this is your one time ground immunity so use it carefully. Encore to force them stay in ground move. This set also laughs at Excadrill predicting a spin block and try to EQ you. Once Air Balloon is popped, its popped! its not reliable and toxapex + Vileplume are great ways to help inflict damage on ground types. None of these moves effectively hits ground, Life Orb might do better with Energy Ball. Encore isn't that great

@ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Foul Play
- Substitute
- Defog

Your psychic immunity and hazzard remover/blocker. Sub/foul play is to deal with physical set up once Weezing is down, if foul play doesn't KO then Aftermath will. Sitrus over Black Sludge because its job is not to stall, so a one time big heal is preferable.What is the 24 speed evs for ? Poison Jab hits hatterne.

comments/
comments
Overall I think if you wanna play offensively with Poison, Toxtricity may give you better results(its like C ranked), I think they will update more samples during MPL(around when DLC comes out). But the current sample teams are generally still more applicable for the current metagame
NotAnimeIris ping

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
With Kyurem-B being banned, me and Decem have removed the current Ice and Dragon samples. We are going to be replacing them with these teams below for the types.

:ss/ninetales-alola::ss/weavile::ss/cloyster::ss/darmanitan-galar::ss/piloswine::ss/avalugg:
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry
- Encore

Weavile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Foul Play
- Low Kick
Cloyster @ King's Rock
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
Ninetales is the standard set it has always been. Aurora Veil here mainly supports Cloyster allowing it to setup easier. Encore allows it to lock Pokemon into a move such as Mew's Nasty Plot, Moonblast is STAB that can hit Fighting-type Pokemon such as Kommo-o and Terrakion, and Freeze Dry targets Water-type Pokemon for super effective damage. Weavile runs a Choice Scarf which provides Speed control for the team while being able to check threats such as Choice Scarf Jirachi for the team. Foul Play allows it to check setup sweepers such as Shell Smash Cloyster after a boost, and Low Kick hits Steel-type Pokemon. Cloyster can more easily set up a Shell Smash under Aurora Veil, then proceed to beat down teams with Skill Link + Icicle Spear + Rock Blast. King's Rock alongside these two attacks give Cloyster a good chance to flinch slower foes allowing it to take on Pokemon such as Keldeo or Choice Specs Aegislash which it would otherwise lose to. Ice Shard is there for priority. Galarian Darmanitan does what it always does, come in and collect a kill. It has Earthquake so it isnt hopelessly walled by Toxapex, Flare Blitz hits Steel-type Pokemon specifically Corviknight, and U-turn picks up momentum for the team. Piloswine and Avalugg form the hazard setting and removal core of the team. Piloswine can setup Stealth Rock allowing Cloyster, Weavile, and Galarian Darmitan to break through the opposing team easier. Earthquake + Rock Slide is useful in the Fire-type matchup especially as the latter allows it to take on threats such as Charizard for Ice teams. Toxic can cripple other hazard setters, prevent Defog/Rapid Spin users from freely removing hazards, and to cripple general threats. Avalugg runs Iron Defense + Body Press to slightly make the Steel-type matchup easier, which was previously carried by Kyurem-B. Rapid Spin is essential for all Ice teams and Recover allows Avalugg to stick around through the match.

:ss/noivern::ss/dragapult::ss/hydreigon::ss/dracovish::ss/duraludon::ss/haxorus:
Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Defog

Dragapult @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Clear Body
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Outrage
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch

Duraludon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Light Metal
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Haxorus @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- First Impression
- Outrage
Noivern is the main hazard control for any Dragon team in SS Monotype, so it was a staple pick for the team. Hurricane prevents Noivern from becoming too passive and can hit targets such as Cloyster for good damage. Taunt is then used to prevent hazards from being set after they have been cleared. heavy-duty boots allows it to switch in easier, thanks to it ignoring Stealth Rock chip also making its job as a defog user easier. Dragapult is the revenge killer on the team and the fastest Pokemon in the metagame being able to outspeed Jolly Excadrill in the sand, as well as being able to pick off weakened threats with Draco Meteor. Shadow Ball is useful in the Ghost and Psychic matchups, while Fire Blast is used so it isn't hopelessly walled by Steel-type Pokemon such as Ferrothorn. U-turn on both Dragapult and Noivern can help pick up momentum for the team. Hydreigon can help also in the Psychic and Ghost matchup as well as being able to beat Steel-type Pokemon such as Corviknight, which can otherwise easily threaten the rest of the team. Substitute and Nasty Plot help it execute its attacks better, Nasty Plot increases its power, while Substitute allows it to dodge status as well as being able to check Choice Specs Aegislash by forcing it into Blade form. Choice Band Dracovish just destroys everything it touches, Fishous Rend is its most spammable move and is either OHKO or 2HKOing everything slower than it. Outrage allows it to hit Dragon- and Water-type Pokemon such as Seismitoad. Crunch allows it to target Pokemon such as Celebi, while Psychic Fangs allows it to hit Poison-type Pokemon such as Toxapex. Duraludon is the team's second Choice Scarf user and is also kind of a support slot. Bringing utility in with Thunder Wave can cripple threats such as Choice Scarf Gardevoir as well as set Stealth Rock. Flash Cannon allows it to hit Fairy- and Ice-type Pokemon for Dragon super effectively, while Draco Meteor is just a powerful STAB attack. Haxorus finally is the last pick as it can become a decent revenge killer with Choice Band First Impression being able to take on threats such as boosted Cloyster and Venusaur in the sun. Outrage is a hard-hitting STAB attack while Earthquake and Close Combat allow it to target Steel-type Pokemon and Mimikyu for the team.

We will be looking at other suggestions for sample teams later, we just wanted to get these out there so we had samples for Ice and Dragon.

Last edited:

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Sample submissions are now open, we’ll be making changes towards the old samples to fit the new metagame. We’ve deleted the teams that we thought needed too many changes to replace with completely newer samples. Here are the list of teams we need samples for:

- Volcarona + Scizor Bug
- Klefki + Azumarill Fairy
- Chansey + Porygon2 Normal
- Hyper Offensive Steel
- Scolipede + Amoonguss Poison
- Urshifu-Rapid Strike Style + Kingdra rain Water
- Slowking Balance Water

Feel free to submit teams for the above samples and PM maroon or I if you think there is another archetype that is worth showcasing a sample for. We’ll be submitting teams for these too to keep the process fast. The thread is now unlocked, happy posting!

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chansey + Porygon2 Normal:

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Ice Beam
- Discharge
- Recover

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled

Braviary (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Defog
- U-turn

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Quick Attack

Indeedee (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Expanding Force
- Mystical Fire
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

This is a Balance normal type team centered around the defensive core of porygon2 and Chansey providing team support to the team. Porygon2 with eviolite checks physical attackers with move like Foul Play and has a wondeful coverage of Discharge and Ice Beam to hit majority of Pokemon for decent damage combined with its ability download which may give it a boost. Next we have chansey to cover special attackers for the team like Alakazam and Indeedee, it also provides Stealth Rock support to the team. Ditto is there to make sure team does not lose to offensive setup sweepers while also acting as a speed control, next we have braviary with scarf to check Keldeo and to provide Defog support without which the defensive core is prone to toxic spikes and webs. Indeedee and Diggersby form a wallbreaking core, breaking apart teams like Poison and Steel..

Klefki + Azumarill Fairy:
[

Klefki @ Light Clay
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Spikes
- Foul Play

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Darkest Lariat

Hatterene (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Mystical Fire

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball

This is a Klefki Dual screen team with all the offensive powerhouses that Fairy has to offer, first and foremost we have Azumarill that can be a great win condition against tough matchups like Fire and Steel. Hatterene is sporting a Offensive trick room set to disrupt fast paced offensive teams like Rain Water and Electric-type teams. Mimikyu is a must on every offensive team for Fairy since its ability disguise helps to be a emergency check to set up sweepers or threats like Volcarona. Grimmsnarl is using a bulk + 3 attacks set which puts in work against matchups like Steel and Psychic with teammates like Azumarill and Mimikyu respectively. Choice Scarf Gardevoir is lastly speed control and the offensive healing wish user for the team to take care of weather sweepers through trace ability.

Keldeo + Sharpedo Water:

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Pelipper @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Defog

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Stealth Rock

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Naive Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Rain Offense team with Choice Specs Pelipper which is a great wallbreaker against types like Poison where it can break apart defensive cores, it also deals with Ferrothorn and can 2hko it out, next we have seismitoad as the first swift swim user and wallbreaker in rain with Life Orb boosted Hydro Pump. It has Focus Blast to deal with Pokemon like Ferrothorn and Kyurem which can stomach other moves from it. Toxapex on the core is to provide defensive pivot, its ev spread let it take stuff like Specs Pelipper, Aegislash and fair well vs scarf Dragapult and Volcarona. Cloyster on the core is there to take care of Dragon, Flying, and Ice teams with its shell smash set. Lastly we have Sharpedo act as a cleaner for the team and do well in Psychic and Ghost match ups. Choice Scarf Keldeo is there to deal with problematic Pokemon for the type like Heliolisk, Gardevoir, and to do well against Ice-type teams.

Kingdra + Specs Keldeo v1:

Pelipper @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
- Stealth Rock

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast / Secret Sword

On this team, Defensive Pelipper is a must since it allows to have rain turns for longer duration which is very important since the team has Pokemon like Kingdra and Seismitoad which rely on rain to put in work. Kingdra on the core is sporting a specs set with Dragon Pulse as a safe move against Dragon type teams. Seismitoad provides Stealth Rock support and is the other Rain sweeper that can also wallbreak using Rain boosted Hydro Pump to break Pokemon like Corviknight. Sharpedo is on the team to make sure the team does not fall apart to Psychic-type teams and can win against Psychic and Ghost teams late game, acting as a cleaner. Keldeo helps the team with a stall breaker set to break defensive cores even further with things like Toxic Spikes, Taunt allows it to shut down its usual checks like Toxapex, defensive Azumarill and Mantine and letting it break past such Pokemon using Calm Mind. Focus Blast hits Ferrothorn very hard however Secret Sword can be used as an alternative though it needs to be boosted by Calm Mind to damage Ferrothorn greatly. Lastly Toxapex rounds off the team with defensive pivot and utillity support, evs help against stuff like Specs Pelipper and Aegislash which otherwise break open unprepared water teams.

Volcarona Fire:

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Yawn
- Lava Plume

Incineroar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Taunt

Charizard @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Solar Power
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn / Court Change

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat

This is an offensive Fire with the premiere Drought user in Torkoal that provides essential utility support to Fire-type teams like Rapid Spin, Stealth Rock and defensive pivot in one. Incineroar is to handle special threats like Dragapult, Gengar and Indeedee for the team. Charizard is the speed control for the team with a Scarf set which also doubles as a wallbreaker in Sun due to its ability Solar Power. Volcarona is the set up sweeper for easing match ups like Psychic Dark and Dragon. Heavy duty boots is used to ensure the team wont fall prey to stealth rock or any other hazard which fire teams are usually prone to. Next Cinderace with Libero is there to provide team with coverage needed for match up like Dark and Normal with High Jump kick and Sucker Punch for Ghost types like Gengar and Dragapult. Lastly Sub Nasty Plot Rotom-H is used to ensure the team can break the defensive core of Poison which can be hard to deal otherwise.

Krookodile + Urshifu Dark:

Krookodile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Urshifu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- U-turn

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Lead Krookodile offensive team here, its above average speed is decent to stop opposing leads like Skarmory by using Taunt, Stealth Rock and Knock off utility helps its offensive teammates immensely. Tyranitar is sporting a Dragon Dance set with Lum Berry so it can setup against common status user like Toxapex. Stone Edge and Earthquake coverage is used to hit a majority of threats. Ice Punch is to hit Kommo-o hard. Urshifu here takes the role of a speed control for the team, letting it being a menace for offensive teams like Electric that cannot deal with its Wicked Blow move. Wallbreaker Hydreigon is there to threaten Balance core such as that of Steel and Water with its strong stab boost to break open stuff for its other teammates to take advantage. Bisharp is another setup sweeper that deters sticky Web users from setting it up as it can result in a free sword dance boost upon switching in. Apart from this it deals with slower Fairy types like Hatterene and Clefable while also weakening defensive core of Poison teams. Lastly, Mandibuzz is used as a defensive pivot for the team to fall back on, it has foul play to punish set up sweepers and uturn to generate momentum.

Sandslash Ice Veil:

Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Encore

Sandslash-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake

Weavile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Avalanche
- Body Press
- Recover

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Ice Shard

This is a balance Ice team with centered around Alolan Sandlash in Hail. Th team has Alolan Ninetales whose function is to provide the team with a essential Aurora Veil support and Hail. Its above average speed also helps with fighting type Pokemon such as Keldeo, and Non Choice Scarf Variants of Urshifu. Next we have eviolite Piloswine to provide the team with a specially defensive pivot to check threats such as Charizard and Volcarona for the team with Rock Slide. Avalugg is the physically defensive pivot which also provides a very important support in hazard removal in the form of rapid spin. Choice Band Alolan Darmanitan is a great wallbreaker which benefits teammates like Alolan Sandslash and Scarf Weavile in cleaning more effectively as they all weaken shared checks and counters like corviknight and toxapex for the team. Choice Scarf Weavile is the teams speed control outside of hail and is used to check threats like Choice Scarf Jirachi to the team.

Xatu Psy Spam:

Xatu @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
-Teleport
- Thunder Wave

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Stealth Rock

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball
- Healing Wish

Indeedee (M) @ Terrain Extender
Timid Nature
- Expanding Force
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Psych Up
- Shadow Ball
- Counter

Mew @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Expanding Force
- Fire Blast
- Volt Switch

This is Hyper offense team with Xatu which provides dual screen support in Light Screen and Reflect along with being able to prevent hazards thanks to its ability Magic Bounce. The team revolves around Psychic Terrain as it makes the team immune to priority attacks from the likes of Bisharp and Aegislash but also powers up psychic type moves especially Expanding Force. Indeedee provides the team with Psychic Terrain as well being immune to ghost type attacks for the team. It is using terrain extender to increase the number of turns terrain stays on the field. We have Choice Scarf Jirachi which is good against Fairy and Ice type teams, it is also the teams stealth Rock user and trick to cripple walls like Snorlax and Corviknight. Next we have Gardevoir to help the team against weather sweepers like Seismitoad, Kingdra in rain and Excadrill in sand. It also checks Dark types like Hydreigon and Band Variants of Urshifu for the team. Mew with Colbur berry and Nasty Plot takes a more wallbreaking approach, with Colbur berry letting it take care of dark types like Sharpedo and Weavile. It also helps the team immensely to break Steel type teams thanks to Nasty Plot and Fire Blast. Lastly Focus sash alakazam rounds off the team as an emergency check to any setup sweeper that may go out of hand with counter, it has psych up to deal with Volcarona for the team in conjunction with Psyshock.

Slowbro Balance Psychic:

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Teleport
- Slack Off

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 168 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Indeedee (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Expanding Force
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire
- Shadow Ball

Hatterene (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Draining Kiss
- Trick Room

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic

This is a Balanced Psychic team with the defensive core of Slowbro and Celebi, providing the team with a lot of utility support and being able to switch into Physical and special threats to the team like Excadrill and Kingdra. Slowbro has teleport to keep up the momentum going when the team is forced to pivot into it while Celebi provides Stealth Rock support to wear down teams. Hatterene acts as the teams hazard control thanks to its ability Magic Bounce and also works great in match ups like Dragon and Dark with its defensive calm mind set. With Trick room it is also able to flip matchups against fast offensive teams like Electric and Water. Choice Scarf Gardevoir and Jirachi form the speed control core of the team who also manage to cover a variety of match ups like weather sweepers and fairy and ice-type teams together. Lastly Indeedee provides the team with a ghost-type immunity which is very important against threats like Dragapult, Gengar and Mimikyu. Its psychic terrain support also protects the team from Bisharp. Choice Specs set is used to wallbreak and make it easier for scarf users to win late-game.

Klefki Steel Offense:

Klefki @ Light Clay
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Mirror Armor
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick
- Knock Off

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Moonblast

Klefki provides the team with a very essential Dual screens support in Reflect and Light screen making it easier for setup sweepers on the team to wreck havoc. Klefki also has spikes to rack up damage quickly and Thunder wave to cripple threats like Keldeo, Kingdra and Salazzle. Corviknight provides the team with a much needed immunity from Ground-type moves and uses a Bulk Up set with Taunt that lets it shut down Pokemon like Toxapex, Amoongus and Ferrothorn. It works great late-game when its checks like Salazzle, Keldeo are taken out or weakened. Excadrill is the speed control of the team taking care of Electric-type Pokemon like Zeraora and Rotom-H which otherwise can be hard to deal with. Bisharp with its Swords Dance set is used to threaten types like Poison and Ghost, allowing it to beat defensive cores after a single sword dance boost. Aegislash is sporting a Swords dance set with weakness policy to threaten offensive teams like Rain water and Electric even further. It also forms a great priority spam core with Bisharp, letting them revenge kill various Pokemon like Charizard and Volcarona for the team. Aegislash also provides the team with immunity from fighting-type moves letting it check Pokemon such as Terrakion, and Bewear. Lastly Jirachi is used with a Calm Mind set to threaten Water- and Flying-type teams with Psychic and Thunderbolt. Moonblast is used for Hydreigon which can break the team easily otherwise.

Magnezone + Rising Voltage Raichu-Alola:

Pincurchin @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Rising Voltage
- Toxic Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- String Shot

Zeraora @ Choice Band
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Play Rough
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
Modest Nature
- Rising Voltage
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Def / 60 Spe
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

Pincurchin provides the team with essential Electric Terrain support to support teammates like Zeraora, Alolan Raichu to hit a lot harder. It also has access to hazard which makes matchups like Normal, Poison, and Dragon more bearable for the team. Alolan Raichu is the speed main form of Speed control in Electric Terrain, hitting ridiculously hard with rising voltage in terrain. Grass Knot let it beat Ground-types like Gastrodon, Seismitoad and Mamoswine that may come in its way. Zeraora is the physical wallbreaker of the team which improves the teams matchup against types like Normal and Dark between Plasma Fists and Close Combat. Play Rough is important against Dragon-type teams. Galvantula provides the team with Sticky Web support and it has string shot to lower the speed of Pokemon like Excadrill so a teammate can threaten it better. With Iron defense and Bodypress Magnezone with Air Balloon as an item beats Pokemon like Ferrothorn, and Choice locked Excadrill which are otherwise very annoying for the team to deal with. Rotom-H on the team is there to improve matchup against Poison type teams with its Nasty Plot set. Defog is used as an emergency hazard control against types that rely on toxic spikes like poison or water.

Swords Dance Rillaboom Grass:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Appletun @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Apple Acid
- Recover
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Rillaboom @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Celebi @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leech Seed
- Moonblast
- Substitute
- Protect

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

This is a balance Grass-type team with the defensive core of Ferrothorn and Appletun to check various threats like Ninetales, and Hydreigon for the team. Ferrothorn provides the team with Stealth Rock support and is used to check ice type Pokemon like Weavile and Ninetales for the team. Appletun with its ability Thick Fat can check Fire-type Pokemon for the team like Torkoal. and Rotom-H. Protect is used on both of them to scout and to gain an extra turn of recovery. Rillaboom on the team is sporting a life orb and swords dance set with Grassy Glide which becomes a prioirty move in Grassy Terrain letting it revenge kill Pokemon like Alolan Raichu and Kingdra. Supowerpower is used to break through Pokemon like Corviknight and Ferrothorn after a Swords Dance boost. Knock off is there to cripple defensive Pokemon like Amoongus and Toxapex. Celebi is using a Nasty Plot set to improve the teams matchup against Poison and Fighting-type teams thanks to Psychic and Earthpower. Whimsicott allows to threaten Dragon- and Dark-type threats with Moonblast and it can annoy defensive cores like that of Normal with substitute and leech seed, weakening it for the team. Lastly Rotom-Mow is the teams speed control and is used to check Pokemon like Scarf heracross and bulk up corviknight. it can also cripple win condition like snorlax with trick.

Kingdra + Keldeo w/ SD Crawdaunt v2:

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse

Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
- Stealth Rock

Crawdaunt @ Lum Berry
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

This is an offensive Rain team with Specs Kingdra and defensive Pelipper to sustain rain turns for late-game and the other swift swim user in Seismiotad. Pelipper is running a defensive set with Heavy Duty boosts and with utility moves like U-turn and defog to help the team. Next Specs Kingdra is a wallbreaker and sweeper in rain, being able to take advantage of rain boosted attacks against types like Bug and Electric. Dragon Pulse is used to take care of Dragon-type teams where it gets to use a reliable move against them. Hydro Pump and Draco Meteor act as a nuke to deal with Pokemon like Toxapex and Amoongus. Seismitoad provides the team with Stealth Rock support and electric-type immunity, it has grass knot to beat defensive Ground-types like Seismitoad, Gastrodon. Crawdaunt on the team with a swords dance and lum berry performs a very important role, it helps to break apart the defensive core of Poison-type teams where it can setup against Pokemon like Toxapex due it having Lum berry. Apart from this it also helps a lot vs Psychic-type teams where its presence allows the team to not get shredded apart by Psychic-spam in Terrain. Choice Scarf Keldeo is the speed control of the team dealing with Pokemon like Choice Scarf Gardevoir, and Heliolisk which are otherwise threats to the team. Lastly, Toxapex helps the team take on various Pokemon like Bisharp, Pelipper, Duraludon for the team.

Scolipede + Amoongus Poison:

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Synthesis
- Foul Play

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Strange Steam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Baneful Bunker
- Haze
- Recover

Salazzle (F) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Dragon Pulse
- Toxic

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Careful Nature
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Defog
- Protect

Bulky defensive Poison team here. Amoongus provides the team with a reliable way to check ground-type threats like Choice Scarf Excadrill. With Foul Play, it can also punish setup sweepers like Mimikyu and Bisharp if they setup against it or put them to sleep with spore. Toxapex on the other hand is a glue to Poison teams since it provides so much support like Haze to stop Volcarona and Toxic to cripple Pokemon like Dragapult, Kingdra for the team. It also forms a regenerator core with Amoongus which is hard to take down. Skuntank on the team provides a very important immunity from Psychic-type attacks and acts as a check to Pokemon like Gardevoir, Mew and Indeedee. Defog lets it prevent the team from being worn out by hazards and also removes Terrain against types like Psychic and Electric. Galarian Weezing on the core helps the team a lot to deal with Dragon-type threats so they cannot freely use Dragon-type moves to break the team apart. It is also the Toxic Spikes setter for the team. Scolipede takes up a cleaner role here once the defensive core of this team wears down opposing teams. It also improves the teams matchup a lot against types like Psychic which can be otherwise hard for poison. Lastly, Salazzle with a Choice Scarf does an important job of beating Steel-type teams and can reliably beat threats like Choice Scarf Excadrill.

Last edited:

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Offensive Sticky Webs Fairy

Klefki @ Light Clay
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Spikes
- Foul Play
Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough

Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Bug Buzz
- Stun Spore / Skill Swap / U-Turn
- Moonblast

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Babiri Berry / Leftovers
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Darkest Lariat
Hatterene (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
An offensive Fairy-type team that utilizes Sticky Web and other support such as Spikes that inflict damage on switch-in and Screens (Light Screen + Reflect) to set up with a variety of moves such as Calm Mind, Swords Dance, and Belly Drum.
Ribombee is a suicide lead that has access to Sticky Web, and pairing Ribombee with Focus Sash guarantees you get them up. Stun Spore is useful for crippling fast threats like Scarf Jirachi or Scarf Gengar; Magic Bounce Pokemon, notably, Hatterne exists, so Skill Swap is an option to also get Sticky Web up, and U-turn can keep Ribombee alive later in the match to get webs up again.
Klefki plays a supporting role in helping Mimikyu, Grimmsnarl, Hatterne, and Azumarill set up and surviving behind screens. Foul Play is a counter to Scizor, and maximum defenses allow it to take a hit from Scizor or Jirachi. Klefki also provides Spikes chip damage on switch-in.
Grimmsnarl is an amazing check for the Steel matchup and pairing it with Baibiri Berry allows it to take Steel-type attacks more freely. Darkest Lariat is a nice check for Corviknight, Drain Punch restores health, and Sucker Punch revenge kills Scarfers like Jirachi or Excadrill. 76 Speed EVs outspeed Jolly Bisharp after Sticky Webs are up.
Azumarill is the Belly Drum sweeper that is useful in the Fire, Ground, Poison, and Rock matchups thanks to Aqua Jet. +6 Attack OHKOs many defensive Pokemon such as Toxapex(after 1 Spike), Corviknight, and Porygon2(after 1 Spike).
Mimikyu sets up a free Swords Dance because of Disguise and has access to priority (Shadow Sneak), which is nice for revenge killing Dragapult or Gengar. Making Mimikyu Jolly allows it to speed tie with opposing Mimikyu's and make use of Sticky Web.
Hatterne is a Trick Room sweeper that has access to Magic Bounce. Without Hatterne, the team is extremely week to entry hazards such as Toxic Spikes or Spikes because there is no removal. Hatterne has amazing bulk and utilizing Klefki's Screens allows it to set up more Calm Minds and sweep.
Scolipede Balance Poison

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play/Synthesis/Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis/Sludge Bomb
- Spore

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Baneful Bunker/Toxic Spikes/Toxic

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Poison Jab

Salazzle (F) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic

Bold Nature
- Strange Steam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Pain Split / Clear Smog / Flamethrower

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance / Protect
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
Toxapex is amazing for spreading status with either Scald, Toxic, or Toxic Spikes and preventing sweepers such as Hawlucha, Cloyster, Kommo-o to setup. Baneful Bunker on allows you to scout and get rid of Choiced-Wallbreakers such as Dracovish and Gardevoir, while Recover allows Toxapex to stay alive and spread more status throughout the match.
Amoonguss is the 2nd half of the Regenerator core that provides Ground-type neutrality, allowing it to switch-in to physical attacks, notably, Excadrill's Earthquake. Amoonguss can spread status with Spore or Stun Spore, and Foul Play setup sweepers such as Bisharp and Excadrill. Its Grass-typing allows it to resist Electric-type attacks that Toxapex is weak to, so that gives another reason to run this core. 96 SpD invest on Amoongus allows it to survive a Psychic from Alolan Raichu at all.
Drapion provides crucial Psychic-type immunity and support with Defog. Skuntank is the other Psychic-type Immunity has access to Sucker Punch and can revenge kill Pokemon like Alolan Raichu or Dragapult. Giving Drapion Max SpD, and Max HP allows it to switch-in to Special Pokemon that learns Psychic-type moves such as Gardevoir or Indeedee. Knock off is crucial for getting rid of items from Chansey or Porygon2
Salazzle plays a crucial role in spreading Toxic onto Steel- and Poison-type Pokemon in which the entire team appreciates and stalling out the Toxic damage with Protect and Substitute. Salazzle's Fire-type STAB allows it to effectively hit Pokemon like Ferrothorn and Scizor. 248 HP gives Salazzle 339 HP, allowing it to switch-in to Stealth Rock more.
Galarian Weezing provides Dragon- and Ground-type immunity because of Levitate and its Fairy typing. G-Weezing status's physical attackers with Will-O-Wisp and gains recovery back with Pain Split. Flamethrower on Weezing can help more in the Steel-type matchup and Clear Smog helps with sweepers like Azumarill.
Scolipede provides Speed control and is amazing against offensive teams. Swords Dance allows it to wallbreak more easily with its 3 attacks.
Gengar Balance Poison

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Foul Play/Synthesis/Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis/Sludge Bomb
- Spore
Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Baneful Bunker/Toxic Spikes/Toxic

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab
- Protect / Taunt / Foul Play
- Defog

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Salazzle (F) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic

Bold Nature
- Strange Steam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower / Clear Smog
- Pain Split
This Poison team utilizes a Regenerator core (Toxapex + Amoonguss) supported by a Psychic-type immunity (Skuntank) , Ground- and Dragon-type immunity (Galarian-Weezing), a fast status spreader (Salazzle), and Speed Control to finish it off (Gengar).
Toxapex is amazing for spreading status with either Scald, Toxic, or Toxic Spikes and preventing sweepers such as Hawlucha, Cloyster, Kommo-o to setup. Baneful Bunker on allows you to scout and get rid of Choiced-Wallbreakers such as Dracovish and Gardevoir, while Recover allows Toxapex to stay alive and spread more status throughout the match.
Amoonguss is the 2nd half of the Regenerator core that provides Ground-type neutrality, allowing it to switch-in to physical attacks, notably, Excadrill's Earthquake. Amoonguss can spread status with Spore or Stun Spore, and Foul Play setup sweepers such as Bisharp and Excadrill. Its Grass-typing allows it to resist Electric-type attacks that Toxapex is weak to, so that gives another reason to run this core.
Skuntank provides crucial Psychic-type immunity and support with Defog. Drapion is the other Psychic-type immunity on Poison, but Skuntank has access to Sucker Punch and can revenge kill Pokemon like Alolan Raichu or Dragapult. Giving Skuntank Max SpD, and Max HP allows it to switch-in to Special Pokemon that learns Psychic-type moves such as Gardevoir or Indeedee. 24 Speed on it allows it to outspeed Adamant Crawdaunt and get rid of hazards or attack.
Salazzle plays a crucial role in spreading Toxic onto Steel- and Poison-type Pokemon in which the entire team appreciates and stalling out the Toxic damage with Protect and Substitute. Salazzle's Fire-type STAB allows it to effectively hit Pokemon like Ferrothorn and Scizor. 248 HP gives Salazzle 338 HP, allowing it to switch-in to Stealth Rock more.
Galarian Weezing provides Dragon- and Ground-type immunity because of Levitate and its Fairy typing. G-Weezing status's physical attackers with Will-O-Wisp and gains recovery back with Pain Split. Flamethrower on Weezing can help more in the Steel-type matchup and Clear Smog helps with sweepers like Azumarill.
Gengar provides Speed control and can cripple defensive Pokemon like Corviknight, Toxapex, and Chansey with Trick along with revenge killing other Pokemon with Shadow Ball, Sludge Wave, and Focus Blast.
edit: i put 2 poison samples, I'm assuming the original poison sample is just gonna keep/replace vile~​

Last edited:
Hazard support Rock
lycanroc-dusk.gif
coalossal.gif
tyranitar.gif
terrakion.gif
shuckle.gif
barbaracle.gif

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Stone Edge
- Psychic Fangs
- Close Combat

Coalossal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Fire Blast
- Scorching Sands
- Rapid Spin

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Encore
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock

Barbaracle @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Liquidation
- Grass Knot
- Earthquake / Cross Chop

Shuckle in combination with Coalossal gives the team hazard support which the offensive pokemons from the team appreciate.
Coalossal also serves as your hazard removal.
Lycanroc-Dusk after webs handles most of fighting on its own, excluding priority such as Bullet Punch Lucario, Mach Punch Conkeldurr or Aqua Jet/Sucker Punch Urshifu
If you want some heat, you can also run Lycanroc-Day form to check Hawlucha as well since it's not affected by Webs, meaning Dusk form doesnt outspeed, but day form does with sand rush in sand.
I didnt change Barbaracle and Terrakion because they're already pretty good at what they're doing
I put 248 hp instead of 252 on Tyranitar just in case you need to do one more substitute that could clutch a game.

ᴵᵐ ᵃˢˢ ᵃᵗ ᵈᵉˢᶜʳᶦᵖᵗᶦᵒⁿ ᵖˡᵉᶻ ᶠᵒʳᵍᶦᵛᵉ

Last edited:
Volcarona-Scizor Bug

shuckle.gif
volcarona.gif
scizor.gif
heracross.gif
araquanid.gif
galvantula.gif

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Knock Off
- Encore

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance / Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Psychic

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off / Earthquake / Spikes

Araquanid @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Toxic
- Mirror Coat

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Sticky Web / Volt Switch

This team is built around the tried and tested core of Volcarona, Scizor and Heracross.

Shuckle is the primary entry hazard setter for Bug teams, with its access to Stealth Rock and Sticky Web. Encore is used as a check against setup. Knock Off is used to cripple Pokemon by removing their item. Mental Herb is used to bypass common Taunt users.

Volcarona functions as the primary win condition vs steel, while also doing well in other match-ups like Electric. Heavy-Duty Boots are the item of choice by which Volcarona is now able to guarantee being at full health and unstatused before beginning to set up. Fire Blast and Fiery Dance are interchangeable depending on whether you want extra power or a safe move that can stack Special Attack. While Psychic makes Volcarona significantly more dangerous against Poison, Water, and Fighting.

Scizor acts as bug's revenge killer with the ability to apply massive pressure to types like Fairy, Ice, Normal, and Dark. Bullet Punch in tandem with technician is able to do well vs types like Ice, Rock. U-turn is chosen for the ability to pivot, Superpower is additional coverage vs steel and normal

Heracross returns as bug's Scarf user that takes amazing advantage of Bug's Sticky Web support, being able to steamroll types like Psychic and Dark with enough Moxie boosts built up. Close Combat and Megahorn are stab, Stone Edge helps vs Fire and Flying types.

Araquanid 's signature ability Water Bubble offers tremendous offensive and defensive utility to Bug, halving the damage taken from Fire-type attacks, and making Araquanid immune to burns. Araquanid's high Special Defense and resistance to Fire and Water moves allow it to function as a specially defensive tank on Bug, allowing it to check special threats like opposing Volcarona, Charizard. Liquidation is the desired stab of choice along with leech life, Toxic is used to put walls on a timer and mirror coat is to deal with special threats to bug.
Wacan Berry is chosen to serve as a check to common electric types that threaten bug such as Raichu-Alola, Nasty Plot Rotom-H.

Vs Raichu-A
252+ SpA Life Orb Raichu-Alola Rising Voltage (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Wacan Berry Araquanid in Electric Terrain: 203-239 (59.8 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
8 Atk Water Bubble Araquanid Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Raichu-Alola: 238-282 (91.1 - 108%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Vs Rotom-H
+2 252 SpA Rotom-Heat Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Wacan Berry Araquanid: 151-178 (44.5 - 52.5%) -- 19.9% chance to 2HKO
8 Atk Water Bubble Araquanid Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Heat: 260-308 (107.8 - 127.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Galvantula acts as the secondary web setter , Its secondary Electric typing allows it to improve some of Bug's tougher match-ups such as Flying and Water, Thunder and Bug Buzz are the desired stab in tandem with Compound eyes, Energy Ball lets galv hit mons such as Seismitoad , Hippowdown which are immune to thunder.

Last edited:
Kingdra + Urshifu Rain:
1593781481732.png1593781481772.png1593781481809.png
1593781481847.png1593781481884.png

Bold Nature
IVs: 22 Spe
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Ice Beam

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Liquidation
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet

I’m currently experimenting with this set over Sharpeedo, but I think Sharpeedo is more common should be the archetype representative.

Cloyster @ King's Rock
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

This offensive rain team focuses on smashing the opponent with some of the fastest threats in the tier (SS Kingdra, SBoost Sharpeedo)

Pelipper is a mandatory include on any offensive rain team, providing the all-important rain. 22 speed IVs allow you to underspeed neutral Tyranitar by 1, ensuring that rain is set up when both Pokémon are lead. Peliper’s offensive stats are quite lackluster, and it cannot deal significant damage to any Pokémon you’re under-speeding due to the decreased speed tier. The chosen set maximizes Pelipper’s physical bulk, with HBD and Roost to provide longevity and Scald and Defog so that the Pokémon does a non-zero amount of work while in play.

Kingdra is arguably the single best reason to play rain currently. In addition to its fabulous attacking types of water/dragon, blistering speed tier with Swift Swim, and solid attacking stats Kingdra gained access to Hurricane this generation, giving it perfect neutral coverage with 120+ BP / 100 Acc attacks in the rain. The final slot can be flash cannon, ice beam, or even clear smog depending on the rest of the team’s needs. A Timid Nature can be fun to outspeed Scarf Dragapult in the rain.

Seismitoad is provides a necessary electric immunity and useful access to Stealth Rock, putting it on the shortlist for any water team. Here we’ve opted for a bulkier set, allowing it to support the team’s sweepers by spreading statuses and absorbing attacks. Despite it’s bulk, Seismitoad functions as a backup rain sweeper and is able to output serious damage when necessary. The chosen EVs allow Seismitoad to outlawed and OHKO unboosted Hawlucha, Cinderace, Alakazam, and Scoliopede in the rain, while simultaneously taking five Night Shades to kill.

Sharpeedo provides a powerful and speedy physical attacker to compliment Kingdra. Sharpeedo provides advantages over Barreskewda in the form of a dual typing that is both offensively and defensively useful, as well as not being dependent upon rain. As Damp Rock is banned, it can sometimes be difficult to maintain weather control for both Kingdra and Barreskewda. While initially slower than Barreskewda, Speed Boost gives Sharpeedo the ability to run away with the game once it gets going. Running or Earthquake Psychic Fangs over Ice Fang can help break bulky poison types like Toxapex.

Toxapex is an all-purpose wall that often requires dedicated Pokémon to break. Regenerator allows it to switch in and out frequently, providing extra flexibility when switching to improve type match-ups. Toxic is preferred over Toxic Spikes as this team prefers a clean battlefield to one littered with hazards. The current EV set maximizes total bulk due to the lack of a special wall, though I’m unsure if that’s considered optimal.

Crawdaunt is a powerful physical attacker whose access to Adaptability allows it to dish out massive amounts of damage. It’s most used attack is Aqua Jet, a priority move that hits as hard as Extreme Speed and provides important speed control outside of rain. Crawdaunt’s access to Knock Off allows it to cripple predicted switches and its dark typing allows it to cover Toxapex’s psychic weakness.

Last edited:
Was waiting to post this team; figured Urshifu would get banned sooner or later so decided to wait for the final decision before posting.
Slowking Balance Water

:ss/Slowking: :ss/Toxapex: :ss/Seismitoad: :ss/Pelipper: :ss/Crawdaunt::ss/Keldeo-Resolute:

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty-Boots
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Slack Off
- Teleport

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast/Grass Knot/Sludge Wave

Pelipper @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Defog
- Surf

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Slowking: The primary special wall of the team. HDB lets Slowking avoid damage and status from spikes stacking, and allows it to be a much better pivot with teleport+future sight. Future Sight is an excellent move when paired with keldeo and teleport; very little of the metagame can actually be a switch-in to both moves, and teleport ensures that keldeo arrives on the field safely. Teleport also allows Slowking to get in CB Crawdaunt safely as well.

Toxapex: The primary physical wall of the team and a great partner for Slowking. Toxapex's toolkit and defensive typing and stats pair with Slowking really well, with haze and Tspikes being able to support slowking really well. Max Physical Defense allows toxapex to take hits from powerful physical attackers that Slowking may struggle with, and slowking can tank the special moves that toxapex can not take as well.

Seismitoad: Seismitoad is a really great pokemon on any rain water team, packing an electric immunity, swift swim, and stealth rocks all in one spot is great for role compression, so it usually finds itself on almost every rain water team. Seis runs dual stabs alongside another coverage move and stealth rock. Grass Knot can be the 4th move to hit other seismitoads and gastrodon, Sludge wave can hit fairy types and grass types as well, but I consider focus blast the best choice, being able to smack ferrothorn and hydreigon is really good for water.

Pelipper: Peli has always been the best rain setter since gen 7, and this gen is no different. Choice Specs gives pelipper that little oomph that it needs, notably having a 98% chance to 2hko Defensive Toxapex after sludge recovery. Defog is nice to clear things like spikes that can be harmful to the team, and peli is another great pivot with u-turn being able to bring in pokemon like seismitoad and crawdaunt in safely after setting rain.

Crawdaunt: Crawdaunt is one of the best physical wallbreakers water has access to(running daunt over vish thanks to knock off being really good for this team and being able to hit psychics like slowbro and celebi well). Slowking's teleport is able to get in daunt safely to click that juicy cb adaptability rain boosted crabhammer as many times as Possible. aqua jet is a really good priority move as well, preventing set-up sweepers from completely running through this team.

Keldeo: Taunt CM Keldeo is a great stall breaker that immensely improves mus like steel and dark, being able to use pokemon like ferrothorn o mandibuzz as setup fodder to completely run through their teams. Keldeo is also really great for breaking through defensive cores this team struggles with, such as chansey-p2 on normal and skarm-ferro on steel.

Edit: Updated some sets

Last edited:
Hazard Support Rock ft. Lunatone
1594071247630.png
1594071263486.png
1594071274559.png
1594071291813.png
1594071306579.png
1594071231688.png

Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Stone Edge
- Psychic Fangs
- Close Combat

Coalossal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Fire Blast
- Scorching Sands
- Rapid Spin

Tyranitar @ Choice Specs
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Encore
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock

Lunatone @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Rock Polish
- Meteor Beam
- Psychic / Moonblast
- Grass Knot

Shuckle in combination with Coalossal gives the team hazard support which the offensive pokemons from the team appreciate.
Coalossal also serves as your hazard removal.
Lycanroc-Dusk after webs handles most of fighting on its own, excluding priority such as Bullet Punch Lucario, Mach Punch Conkeldurr or Aqua Jet/Sucker Punch Urshifu
Power Herb Lunatone with Psychic or Moonblast, depending on what you want it to do, checks fighting pretty well. Grass Knot is for heavy pokemons such as Hippowdon, Rhyperior, etc.
The Tyranitar EVs are made to outspeed Corviknight and Jolly Scizor after Webs while still being able to live a band adamant Bullet Punch from Scizor, if the Scizor happens to be band

ᴵᵐ ᵃˢˢ ᵃᵗ ᵈᵉˢᶜʳᶦᵖᵗᶦᵒⁿ ᵖˡᵉᶻ ᶠᵒʳᵍᶦᵛᵉ

Last edited:

Namranan

:)))))))))))
HO rock:

:sm/terrakion: :sm/Tyranitar: :sm/lycanroc-dusk: :sm/shuckle: :sm/rhyperior: :sm/lunatone:

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Iron Head / Megahorn

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Accelerock
- Close Combat
- Psychic Fangs

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Impish Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Knock Off / Final Gambit

Rhyperior @ Passho Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
Impish Nature
- Earthquake / High Horsepower
- Stone Edge
- Counter
- Fire Punch

Lunatone @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Psychic
- Earth Power / Moonblast
- Power Gem

:terrakion: - Terrakion is a great revenge killer and will excel as your speed control and late-game cleanup thanks to its great speed, good attack stat, and hard-hitting STAB moves. It runs the standard moves it normally runs to help it excel at its role with eq and iron head/megahorn to help increase its coverage. Iron head should be used to help with mainly fairy-types while megahorn can be used for psychic-types.

:tyranitar: - A bulky Dragon dancer that can act as a very threatening wallbreaker during the mid-game. Sand Stream supports the team defensively against special attackers and also chips down opposing Pokemon to make them easier to revenge kill. Stone Edge, Crunch, and Earthquake are used to maximize its coverage and sweeping options.

:lycanroc-dusk: - A dangerous user of the Choice Band that can clean opposing Pokemon in the late-game and can sweep weakened teams thanks to Tough Claws Accelerock. This along with access to moves like Close Combat and Psychic Fangs makes this a dangerous abuser of Sticky Web. Stone Edge, while not boosted, helps give it a powerful STAB move that can punch through things like unboosted Corviknight.

:shuckle: - Support Pokemon that sets Sticky Webs and Stealth Rocks to support its team, and then create an opening with Encore or Final Gambit to get its teammates in. Knock off can also be used to help get rid of useful items like Choice Scarf, Leftovers, etc.

:rhyperior: - Your main check to Pokemon like Azumarill, Scizor, and Dracovish. Solid Rock allows you to tank a hit from these Pokemon and use either Counter or another strong move to pick them off. Passho Berry is used to help with the Water-types like Azumarill and Dracovish. High Horsepower is an option if you want to ignore Grassy Terrain debuffs on your STAB, otherwise, Earthquake is the preferred choice. Stone Edge is used to complete STAB coverage and Fire Punch is used for Steel-types like Scizor and Ferrothorn. Full defense and bulk EV's allow you to take super-effective hits better.

:lunatone: - Your main answer to Corviknight because Rhyperior isn't running Smack Down or Swords Dance to deal with it. +1 Meteor Beam does a good amount of damage and subsequent Power Gems will net the KO. Psychic can be used as a way to deal with Poison-types along with Earth Power. Moonblast can be used over this though to deal with Dark- and Fighting-types.

Sun Grass
:appletun: :whimsicott: :celebi: :ferrothorn: :rillaboom: :venusaur:
Appletun @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Apple Acid
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Whimsicott @ Heat Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Memento

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Earth Power
This Grass team attempts to have a balance in offense and defense.

Appletun: Standard Appletun set to take special Fire moves from things like Dragapult, Hydreigon, Chandelure, Mystical Fire users, etc. The combination of Recover + Leech Seed gives it fantastic sustain. Pairing well with Ferrothorn to form a nice core to protect the team.

Whimsicott: Sun setter set that can give momentum with U-Turn and Memento. Whimsicott is paired with Venusaur to make use of its Chloropyll to double its Speed and Weather Ball. It also can soak up Dragon moves for Appletun and Fighting moves for Ferrothorn.

Celebi: Standard setup sweeper set that has sustain in Leftovers and Giga Drain along with dual STAB and Earth Power for coverage. Can also soak up status ailments thanks to Natural Cure. Celebi also gives Grass a great way to beat Poison and Fighting types that threaten the team. Life Orb can also be taken over Leftovers for more damage.

Ferrothorn: One of the most famous and prominent walls in the meta. It's great typing, sustain, and scouting with Protect makes it a irreplaceable member of any Grass team. Gyro Ball let's it do some great damage to fast mons, Stealth Rock for hazards, Leech + Protect for sustain. Physical def to take on heavy hitters like Dracovish and Darmanitan-Galar.

Rillaboom: Opted for Choice Band on Rillaboom due to Grassy Glide giving priority in Grassy Terrain which makes it a busted fantastic spammable move. U-Turn for pivoting, Drain Punch for sustain (although Superpower can be used in its place), Knock Off for coverage and to remove items.

Venusaur: The partner in crime to Whimsicott's Sunny Day. Chlorophyll gives Venusaur double the Speed to be a massive threat. Weather Ball along with its newly acquired Earth Power threatens Steel teams that aren't running Heatproof Bronzong. Life Orb gives it great damage potential, dual STAB along with Weather Ball + Earth Power for nice coverage.

Scizor Steel Balance
:ss/scizor: :ss/corviknight: :ss/excadrill: :ss/magnezone: :ss/aegislash: :ss/duraludon:
Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Mirror Armor
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Def / 60 Spe
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat

Duraludon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Light Metal
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock
Choice Band Scizor has good coverage options that make it good against Psychic, Dark, and Normal teams, it also has Technician boosted Bullet Punch STAB which lets it kill off faster foes and 2HKO threats like Azumarill. Corviknight provides a Ground-immunity for the team while being a solid win-con with Bulk Up. Excadrill is a crucial revenge killer on Steel teams, thanks to its Ground typing which allow it to deal with notably Fire-types such as Torkoal and Cinderace. Air Balloon Magnezone can lure in Ground-types and dent them with a boosted Body Press, it can also trap and remove opposing Steel-types for the team along with a good typing that handles Water teams. Aegislash can take most hits from super effective damage thanks to its good bulk, which allow it to function as a decent wallbreaker. Duraludon is the Stealth Rocker that has a good matchup versus Dragon and Water thanks to Thunderbolt.

Last edited:
Reactions: AA
y'all really gonna make me submit a third one smh

BALANCE GRASS v3.0

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Appletun @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Apple Acid
- Recover

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Encore
- Moonblast

Decidueye @ Spell Tag
Ability: Long Reach
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Spirit Shackle
- Shadow Sneak
- Roost

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

This is the third iteration of the balance Grass team I've been using throughout Gen 8. I believe that Grass should have a sample for both a balance team and a sun team, and this is the best version of a balance team I've made so far.

Rillaboom - This thing is an absolute monster with Grassy Glide now. It's so strong against so many types, it's really hard to not run it. It practically 6-0s Water, Ground, and Rock, and is a huge threat to Ice, Psychic, Fairy, Electric, Dark, Fighting, and many more. It even pulls its weight to a certain degree in matchups like Dragon. Adamant Choice Band hits things REALLY hard, and it makes it much easier to clean up in the endgame by spamming Grassy Glide with the extra power. The spread here is to hit 241 speed, which is enough for the likes of maxed base 60s like Aegislash or Magnezone. 252 in Attack is obvious enough, and the rest is dumped into HP to better eat hits. I got the idea for the spread from juleocesar who was using a similar spread with his SD Rillaboom. Knock Off is great utility and a good neutral move, U-turn provides good momentum and decent damage, and Wood Hammer is a nuke for slower things that may survive a Grassy Glide like Hatterene.

Appletun - The standard set with a slight twist: enough speed for Toxapex because I once lost by being slower. This is a great Special wall and Fire resist for the team, and reliable recovery with Leech Seed, Protect, and Recover make it very sustainable. Many teams have trouble breaking through a Ferrothorn-Appletun defensive core. Apple Acid is a great STAB move that lowers the opponent's Special Defense, which can be very nice. It's great to be able to protect scout with Protect, but you do have to watch out for things like Gengar or Hydreigon who resist Apple Acid and can Substitute/Nasty Plot.

Ferrothorn - Maximum HP and Defense to better take on things like Dracovish and Darmanitan-G. I prefer Spikes because most things that don't liek hazards are running Heavy-Duty Boots these days, and I'd rather get better chip on thing like Urshifu or opposing Ferrothorns. For the sake of this sample, Spikes, Protect, and Stealth Rocks can all be interchangeable. Leech Seed + Protect provides Ferrothorn's recovery, and Gyro Ball hits speedy threats hard and prevents Ferrothorn from becoming set up fodder. Body Press is an intriguing option, but I've found more reliability with Gyro Ball.

Whimsicott - This Pokemon is essential for any Grass team no matter the playstyle in my opinion. I run a Substitute + Leech Seed set to stall out and annoy opponents, along with Prankster Encores to shut down any set up attempts or lock them into a move which isn't threatening. If I did the math correctly, the HP invest should be enough to provide an extra Substitute opportunity if you are bagging for a move to miss, like Hurricane or Icicle Crash. The speed invest is enough to hit 352 and thus still outspeed base 110s like Gengar and Raichu-A. The rest is dumped into Special Attack to make sure Moonblast does enough damage to things it should, like Dragon, Dark, and Fighting types.

Decidueye - The savior of Gen 7 Grass makes his triumphant return (until the release of Zarude we'll see). This is the same spread I ran in Gen 7, which Acey - Danse Macabre gave to me. The speed is to hit 220 and thus outspeed things like Jolly Azumarill, Modest Primarina/Magnezone, and Modest/Adamant Aegislash. Maximum Attack with an Adamant nature allows it to hit as hard as possible. The rest is dumped into HP for a slightly better bulkiness and create more set up opportunities. Because we no longer have a Z Crystal, I gave it Spell Tag to boost its Ghost STABS, Spirit Shackle (which traps opposing Pokemon) and the priority Shadow Sneak. Swords Dance boosts its attack further, and Roost provides more set up opportunities and longevity. The role is still to trap problematic Pokemon and eliminate them, set up and clean late game, or set up and break midgame. Decidueye makes the Steel matchup much more winnable, and is overall a good piece in every matchup except Dark and Normal. Leaf Blade is an option over Roost if you find yourself struggling against Normal or Dark too much, but make sure adjust the spread to outspeed Tyranitar if you run Leaf Blade. I prefer Spirit Shackle's trapping mechanic more than the raw power of Poltergeist because it can ensure Pokemon that are problematic to the team will be eliminated.

Rotom-Mow - Choice Specs Rotom-Mow rounds out the squad. Choice Scarf is also a viable option, but I prefer Choice Specs because of the immediate damage which is very nice against things like Corviknight or Mandibuzz (and because Rillaboom's Grassy Glide and Decidueye's Shadow Sneak combine for decently good speed control). In addition, it eliminates the need to predict versus Water because Leaf Storm will OHKO Pelipper with Specs. Volt Switch is great for momentum, Thunderbolt and Leaf Storm are great STABS, and the spread is simple enough. Trick is to cripple things like opposing Ferrothorn, Chansey, Toxapex, Corviknight and anything that may try to set up like a Cosmic Power Clefable. Rotom is all around a solid Pokemon that helps the team in virtually every matchup.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)