Project SS NU Team Building Competition (Quagsire)

Katy

Banned deucer.
:runerigus: :silvally: (steel) :drampa: :clawitzer: :ribombee: :sawk:

dual-specs & triple momentum offense

Runerigus @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Wandering Spirit
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Poltergeist
- Earthquake

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Flamethrower
- Parting Shot
- Defog

Drampa @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Flamethrower
- Roost

Clawitzer @ Choice Specs
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Flip Turn

Ribombee @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic
- U-turn

Sawk (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

teams built around runerigus which is the entry-hazard setter on this team with will-o-wisp to cripple dangerous physical attackers like sneasel as it can withstand a knock off due to its colbur berry. its dual-stab combination is poltergeist and earthquake, where earthqauke is for rhydon, steelvally, fire-vally, and the newly dropped ninetales in case the user thinks it can setup infront of runerigus. steelvally is the defogger and sneasel-check on this team and it can use parting shot to cripple the opposing set-up pkmn whereas multi-attack is its strong stab and flamethrower is for ferroseed and other steelvally. drampa is the strong ninetales check with max hp and max spatt modest nature and draco meteor, hyper voice and flamethrower as its designated coverage, roost is for longevity. drampa also serves as a ghost check. clawitzer has specs and hits incredible hard with scald, aura sphere and dark pulse; aura sphere and dark pulse are mega launcher-boosted and flip turn gives momentum. ribombee has specs as well and is a dragon type check with moonblast, bug buzz, psychic as coverage for poison pkmn like garbodor, u-turn is its move to maintain the momentum, last but not least scarf sawk, which adds a little bit speed to the team and has a rather strong knock off. close combat and earthqauke is a strong choice of moves and ice punch is for rotom-fan, which tries to check sawk.

Last edited:

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Choice Specs - Gastrodon
:Gastrodon::Miltank::Aromatisse::Vikavolt::Sableye::Silvally:steel [import]
You've read that right - Choice Specs-Gastrodon. Absolut heat. What if offers over Basculine and Wishiwashi?...not being weak to electric and having a water immunity. Well actually its defensive typing is in combination with its ability really good and offers a lot for the team. I chose Recovery > Scald for the last move since im not running Sticky Hold and after being knocked off you can still be a defensive answer. Sap Sipper Miltank gives a needed grass immunity + a rocker for the team. My favorite defensive duo Aromatisse + Silvally-Steel. Sableye is my answer against set up sweeper + an answer against fighting types. Vikavolt and Silvally-Steel are answers against grass types too with the benefit of being also pivots to bring Gastrodon in.
In the end it is a meme/heat team, nothing I would recommend someone using in a tournament but still utalizes one of the new grounds.

NINJASK
:runerigus: :gallade: :ninjask: :silvally: (steel) :whimsicott: :ninetales:
the team is based on winning with ninjask, but you can also win with ninetales or gallade / whimsicott
silvally and runerigus as defensive mons
in silvally you can change toxic for u-turn if you want to have momentum
gallade scarf to surprise some players (you can put rock slide over knock off if u want)
ninetales np with
Scorching Sands for other fire types, you can change it to psyshock if you want
ninjask acrobatics can be very strong, we have 2 defog users in the team so I don't think we have a problem with hazzards

Last edited:
:rhydon: :rotom-fan: :Mr. Mime: :Silvally-Steel: :Appletun: :Sneasel:
Rotom-Fan @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 112 Def / 52 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Heat Crash

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Mystical Fire

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Flame Charge

Appletun @ Choice Specs
Ability: Thick Fat
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Apple Acid
- Earthquake
- Dragon Pulse

Sneasel @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Inner Focus
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Rhydon was one of the drops I missed the most. The EV spread I have on Rhydon ensures it always 2HKO's Silvally-Dragon with Earthquake and survives 2 +2 Multi-Attacks after Stealth Rock. I originally made this team before the recent bans and had Drampa over Appletun. Appletun's Role is to check Ninetales which is one of the biggest threats IMO. I wanted to support Rhydon with a defogger because it's better usually to get off an attack than set up Stealth Rock, which makes it better to play a hazard-less game if possible. I think Rotom-Fan is still one of the most reliable Defoggers in the tier and has great synergy with Rhydon. I added Mr. Mime as my Drampa check, but it's kind of a relic now but scarf Healing Wish is still really fun to use. There aren't really any sound-based moves anymore so I switched Soundproof to Filter. I'm not the biggest fan of SD Silvally-Steel, but it's really cool to chip down early game checks to it with U-turn and then Healing Wish it up in the end game. Sneasel with Heavy Duty Boots is such an awesome late game cleaner and the team appreciates Knock Off. Ice Shard is nice priority for those pesky Ninjasks on the ladder. Confide used the Drampa version of this team in Slam and won, check it out. Enjoy smashing some Silvallys with Rhydon!

Katy

Banned deucer.
i like all these teams, sadly a lot are outdated because of the recent bans in nu. i think everyone did a great job at building, and it would be tough to decide which teams the best as all of them have their own merrits to go for, with that being said, my vote goes for:

corthius
but i like all these teams and everyone did a great job, glad to see so much creativity! :blobthumbsup:

GW

I may be warrior
is a Tiering Contributor
I'm sure that you guys have missed the teambuilding competition and are eager to get in your team ideas for this exciting new meta! Here's the voting tally from last round:
Quziel: 1
Rabia: 1
Corthius: 4
Davon: 3

Congratulations to Corthius for narrowly edging out Davon for the win! You will be added to the hall of fame soon.

The pokemon for this round is.... Magmortar!
:magmortar: :magmortar: :magmortar:
This new drop has a huge buff with Heavy Duty Boots this gen and with access to 125 special attack and a great movepool with Sorching Sands this gen and a movepool to get past pokemon that currently wall Ninetales, Magmortar seems like the likely premier special attacker in this current metagame. I can't wait to see the incredible teams built around it :)!

The Deadline For Submissions is Sunday, November 8th at 11:59 PM GMT -5.
Gl everyone!!

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Teleport-Magmortar + Choice Band Trevenant
:ss/Magmortar::ss/Trevenant::ss/Gastrodon::ss/Stunfisk-Galar::ss/Crobat::ss/Silvally-Fairy:
https://pokepast.es/8442a75d01738d70

The main theme I build this team around was the idea of Magmortar luring water types like Gastrodon and Vaporeon and teleporting out into Trevenant which then can abuse these to throw off its powerful STABs.
I chose Rock Slide on Magmortar because Centiskorch is a huge threat for every balanced team right now and the team would get a lot weaker to it + it still deals with every fire type. If you prefer Scorching Sands, that's fine too, but then I'd change Silvally-Fairy from Surf to Rock Slide to ease the MU. The rest of the team is fairly "standard" balance (even tho there is no standard atm). Pay Back Galarian Stunfisk helps checking Haunter and Rotom, two huge threats in the current metagame (also allows it to not lose against SubDisble Haunter). Another thing I like to use is Ice Beam on Gastrodon because it doesn't allow in Alolan Exeggutor for free, which always haa the chance to win a 50/50 with its STABs since my steel type doesn't resist grass. Crobat helps against these grass type attacks or at least discourages their use.
The team prob loses to a well played Tauros but like, every team does if you're not running Sableye/Spiritomb.

replays of me playing bad against low ladder:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1216230852-3kp582qtein6w8msr3dj7vy2r38psgypw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1216234671-29mk5l16qdgeuhvhiwwncl2baii3aa1pw

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
4 Attacks Magmortar Offense

:magmortar: :drampa: :rhydon: :silvally: (fairy) :cradily: :rotom-frost:

Import:
Magmortar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Scorching Sands
- Focus Blast

Drampa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Parting Shot

Cradily @ Life Orb
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Swords Dance
- Rock Blast
- Recover

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Description:
This team is built 'round 4 Attacks Magmortar, which has Fire Blast, Thunderbolt (for waters like Jellicent and Cramorant), Scorching Sands for opposing Fire-types and Focus Blast for Drampa to have a way to hit it with a super effective attack. Its teampartner is Drampa to help with Water-types like Clawitzer and to dish out heavy damage itself with Specs-boosted STAB and coverage like Fire Blast for Steel-types and Energy Ball to hit Ground-types super effective such as Rhydon and Gastrodon. Rhydon is the Stealth Rocks-setter and has its superb EdgeQuake-Combination, since Tangela dropped down into NU I gave it Megahorn as last slot to lure Tangela in. Fairyvally is the Defogger on that team with having Parting Shot as a help for Magmortar, Drampa and especially Cradily to help them getting in more safely and simultaniously dropping the foes Att and SpAtt by 1 stage. Cradily is a Setup-Pokemon, which can deal with opposing waters really well, especially choice-locked variants of Clawitzer and the newly dropped Vaporeon. It has Swords Dance + the new Move in Power Whip and also Rock Blast to hit incoming Flying-types like Cramorant, the last Slot is reserved for longevity, so I gave it Recover so Cradily is able to serve better in the long term. Last but not least, Rotom-Frost, since this team lacks Ice-switchins and misses a Pokemon, which can't get hit by Ground-type moves, I put Frosttom on this team. It has Thunderbolt, Blizzard, Volt Switch (for Momentum) and Trick. Also Rotom-Frost likes the influx of Ice-types recently, and can spam its own Blizzard much better.​

Last edited:

AllTerrainVen0moth

Banned deucer.
FWG + SFD BO
:aggron: :exeggutor-alola: :magmortar: :jellicent: :silvally: (fairy) :tauros:

Import:
Aggron @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Taunt

Exeggutor-Alola @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower

Magmortar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Vital Spirit
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Scorching Sands

Jellicent @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Taunt
- Toxic

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Work Up
- Multi-Attack
- Flamethrower
- Psychic Fangs

Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam
- Close Combat
- Throat Chop
- Earthquake

I built this team around a modified version of my FWG core I posted in the NU Archetype Cores thread. I decided to turn it into a BO team by adding Aggron as a rocker. Aggron is pretty darn bulky with 180 base defense and a good defensive typing. Rock Head Head Smash basically makes this thing the brother of Tyrantrum. Silvally-Fairy is there because we haven't seen this thing since NU Alpha, and its good to have it back. The team felt good, so I added the broken tauros. (might upd8te later)​

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
:magmortar: :lanturn: :trevenant: :aggron: :crobat: :gurdurr:
My first teambuilding submission, lets get it!

Starting off with Magmortar, I've been working on a lot of sets like Choice Specs, 4 Attacks, Teleport, and even Belly Drum, but after thinking a while and processing, I've decided to go with a Stallbreaker set. Rock Slide I feel is pretty much of a glue because Centiskorch was introduced with the Crown Tundra shifts and Rapidash and Ninetales don't have Rock-coverage sadly. Toxic came to mind to toxic Water-types this cannot touch, which can be used over Rock Slide to compress checking Centiskorch and other defensive Pokemon like Gastrodon or Porygon2 but I chose to let the rest of the team cover that weakness. Instead of Toxic + Taunt, I went with Focus Blast + Taunt to hit Drampa and Guzzlord. Magmortar is pretty much holding a huge sign that says "hit me with a Draco Meteor" so I feel like that would help this team out considering there are no fairies. Vaporean was next up but thinking about Rotom-Fan and Rotom-base potentially using that as setup fodder wasn't really pleasing as I had to run something like Roar Aggron instead of Rest just prevent them from spamming. Lanturn is a nice Electric- and Water-type move sponge and can pivot teammates in with Volt Switch. This does a decent job with threatening Water-type Pokemon out bar Gastrodon (can be Toxic'd) that pressures Magmortar but both Pokemon are weak to Ground-type attacks, so I added Trevenant to form a FWG core. Originally I went for Gourgeist, but Gourgeist does not have the wallbreaking power or the ability to cure status ailments like Trevenant althought it has its merit in behind faster. Gallde seems pretty relevant to me still and having a Fighting-type immunity to prevent them from straight up spamming Fighting-type attacks is really nice. Magmortar does lack recovery and neither of the FWG core can switchin to Dragon- or Fairy-type attacks, so I added Aggron. I went for a specially defensive set to maximize the amount of times it can go inside of Ribombee's Moonblast along with creeping Piloswine, which has the same speed tier. I went for Sturdy because many Ground- and Fighting-type moves exists like Scorching Sands, Earthquake, Close combat inside of NU which means Stone Edge over Head Smash was mandatory. Rest Aggron pairs nicely with Heal Bell Lanturn and you might even trigger Sturdy again! Crobat is the probably the best speed control right now and pairs decently with the rest of the team (Aggron weak to Fighting/Ground -> Crobat resists both, Bat weak to Ice/Electric -> FWG core helps with this issue). Originally only creeping the bare minumum for Taurus, I suffered from underspeeding things like Swoobat and Cincinno(which isn't relevant but Speed is nice to have just in case). HDB to prevent rocks because its a Flying-type and since I'm using it as utility, Roost + Defog are mandatory. Of coure you want BB for Flying-type STAB and I went for U-turn to from a Volturn core with Lanturn. Finally, I added Gurdurr for extra support against Normal-type Pokemon like Porygon2 or Miltank and to help out with the 1 Stone Edge switchin(Aggron. Mag and Crobat are weak to work). I actually went for Payback over Knock Off because I naturally do not like Poltergeist Pokes + Knock Off Pokes on the same team but if you can manage your Trevenant well, then all means go for Knock Off. This is the generic set + payback tho. Enjoy the team, I will be posting this in the bazaar in a week or 2 after I build my collection!
Timid Nature
- Rock Slide
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 160 Def / 20 SpA / 180 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Trevenant @ Choice Band
Ability: Natural Cure
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Poltergeist
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake

Aggron @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Stone Edge
- Rest

Crobat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Payback / Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Last edited:

Danny

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ZU Circuit Champion
Hey guys wanted to bring some heat *pun intended* so I got a fire magmortar set for y’all. To give some context, I was looking around and wanted to know what beats magmortar. Honestly, a lot of things do,( the mon sucks)but I can’t do anything about its subpar speed or it’s terrible defenses, but what I can try and beat is it’s defensive checks. So without further ado I present to you:
:ss/magmortar: :ss/sneasel: :ss/garbodor: :ss/vaporeon: :ss/stunfisk-galar: :ss/rotom:
SUB TOXIC MAGMORTAR
https://pokepast.es/3253371c9aace9bf

Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Triple Axel
- Ice Shard

Garbodor @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 76 SpD / 180 Spe
Careful Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes

Vaporeon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Stunfisk-Galar @ Leftovers
Ability: Mimicry
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

The Magmortar set allows it to wall and cripple the typical ice beam porygon2, toxic vaporeon, jellicent, cramorant, gastro, not to mention regirock. Pretty useful set in balance/fat matchups, and it also has potential to spiral out of control if the opponent’s team is weak enough. Obviously it is difficult to get a substitute up, but but it has many slow fat Pokémon that it , but that is where vaporeon comes in.
Vape can wish pass to magmortar on weaker special attackers since mag actually has a decent spdef. It also provides the walls I have without recovery a way to stay in the game. Vape is also a good water immune, and blanket check for a lot of attackers in the tier.
I have been wanting to build a spikestack team for awhile now, and although they aren’t that good because we have crobat in the tier, I decided to pair SD Sneasel with double spikes Garbodor to further punish all of the HDB mons. SD Sneasel is a good wincon for the team, and just provides us with Knock off and Priority in Ice Shard.
The Garbodor set is enough speed to outspeed Centiskorch and nuke it with Gunk Shot(assuming I hit) and the rest in Spdef. It is also useful because I can outspeed Eggy A which is a threat to any balance team.
Needed a volt immune and an Aggron switch in, not to mention rocker, so I opted with defensive Stunfisk G. It’s an interesting pick, and it compresses a lot at the moment. Opted for Twave over yawn or foul play because the team is relatively slow.
Last slot is pretty straight forward, was debating using a rapid spinner, but then I looked at the list of them all and they all suck. Opted for no removal because my team has 3 HDB users and 2 mons only affected by spikestack. Needed speed control so slapped on a scarf rotom and called it a gg

The team functions well, struggles with Eggy and Centiskorch, but what team doesn’t. If you are really scared of Centi, change Tbolt to Rock Slide,tested with that a bit, but do be warned it only does about 70 to it, so you lose your boots in the trade. Oh yeah almost forgot, if you watch the replays you will see how nasty tauros is for this team. Twave helps if i can get it off, basically, the counterplay against it is basically click yellow button or play sack game. That or let it kill itself as it is apt to do. You have Sneasel and scarf rotom as well which can outspeed and kill with a little chip.
Magmortar is a niche pick at best in my opinion, but this set allows it to beat its common walls, allowing other teammates to take advantage of a weakened gastro or vape. Spikestack needs to be explored more in this meta, and hopefully once Fatbat leaves it will see more usage.

Last edited:

Danny

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ZU Circuit Champion
Hey guys wanted to bring some heat *pun intended* so I got a fire magmortar set for y’all. To give some context, I was looking around and wanted to know what beats magmortar. Honestly, a lot of things do,( the mon sucks)but I can’t do anything about its subpar speed or it’s terrible defenses, but what I can try and beat is it’s defensive checks. So without further ado I present to you:
SUB TOXIC MAGMORTAR
https://pokepast.es/3253371c9aace9bf

Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Triple Axel
- Ice Shard

Garbodor @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 76 SpD / 180 Spe
Careful Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes

Vaporeon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Stunfisk-Galar @ Leftovers
Ability: Mimicry
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

The Magmortar set allows it to wall and cripple the typical ice beam porygon2, toxic vaporeon, jellicent, cramorant, gastro, not to mention regirock. Pretty useful set in balance/fat matchups, and it also has potential to spiral out of control if the opponent’s team is weak enough. Obviously it is difficult to get a substitute up, but but it has many slow fat Pokémon that it , but that is where vaporeon comes in.
Vape can wish pass to magmortar on weaker special attackers since mag actually has a decent spdef. It also provides the walls I have without recovery a way to stay in the game. Vape is also a good water immune, and blanket check for a lot of attackers in the tier.
I have been wanting to build a spikestack team for awhile now, and although they aren’t that good because we have crobat in the tier, I decided to pair SD Sneasel with double spikes Garbodor to further punish all of the HDB mons. SD Sneasel is a good wincon for the team, and just provides us with Knock off and Priority in Ice Shard.
The Garbodor set is enough speed to outspeed Centiskorch and nuke it with Gunk Shot(assuming I hit) and the rest in Spdef. It is also useful because I can outspeed Eggy A which is a threat to any balance team.
Needed a volt immune and an Aggron switch in, not to mention rocker, so I opted with defensive Stunfisk G. It’s an interesting pick, and it compresses a lot at the moment. Opted for Twave over yawn or foul play because the team is relatively slow.
Last slot is pretty straight forward, was debating using a rapid spinner, but then I looked at the list of them all and they all suck. Opted for no removal because my team has 3 HDB users and 2 mons only affected by spikestack. Needed speed control so slapped on a scarf rotom and called it a gg

The team functions well, struggles with Eggy and Centiskorch, but what team doesn’t. If you are really scared of Centi, change Tbolt to Rock Slide,tested with that a bit, but do be warned it only does about 70 to it, so you lose your boots in the trade. Oh yeah almost forgot, if you watch the replays you will see how nasty tauros is for this team. Twave helps if i can get it off, basically, the counterplay against it is basically click yellow button or play sack game. That or let it kill itself as it is apt to do. You have Sneasel and scarf rotom as well which can outspeed and kill with a little chip.
Magmortar is a niche pick at best in my opinion, but this set allows it to beat its common walls, allowing other teammates to take advantage of a weakened gastro or vape. Spikestack needs to be explored more in this meta, and hopefully once Fatbat leaves it will see more usage.

PS: if anyone wants to edit it or teach me how to put all the fancy images, please do, gotta get better at this posting stuff or else my posts will look lame ash ty

GW

I may be warrior
is a Tiering Contributor
Thanks for the amazing amount of submissions this week! You are all awesome : D
The voting phase has begun!

Corthius: :Magmortar: :Trevenant: :Gastrodon: :Stunfisk-Galar::Crobat: :Silvally-Fairy:
Katy: :Magmortar: :Drampa: :Rhydon: :Silvally-Fairy: :Cradily: :Rotom-Frost:
AllTerrainVen0moth: :Aggron: :Exeggutor-Alola: :Magmortar: :Jellicent: :Silvally-Fairy: :Tauros:
Roxiee: :Magmortar: :Lanturn: :Trevenant: :Aggron: :Crobat: :Gurdurr:
your_bro: :Magmortar: :Sneasel: :Garbodor: :Vaporeon: :Stunfisk-Galar: :Rotom:

Submit your votes by Sunday, November 15th

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)