Project SS NU Team Building Competition (Quagsire)

Arctovish @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Fishious Rend
- Psychic Fangs
- Substitute
- Icicle Crash

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Heat Crash

Drampa @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Defog

Cofagrigus @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Shadow Ball

Bronzor @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Toxic
- Steel Beam

Duosion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Endeavor
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Arctovish is a funny mon that I really don't think fits anywhere seriously in the NU meta. It relies on either outspeeding or forcing switches to trigger its Fishious Rend boost, which under normal circumstances isn't too likely. This set at least offers more opportunity in the form of TR support, and with HDB will avoid any Choice-lock of the other sets. That's beneficial as threats like Toxicroak and Gourgiest-Small can't revenge as they'll fear Psychic Fangs or Icicle Crash. Substitute is also great for scouting in these situations and can give protection after TR runs out.

Drampa with HDB and Defog is a necessity I found out as otherwise hazards would deck this team. It's still very strong and finds multiple windows to remove hazards. Rhydon is the last sweeper, and with its dual STAB, SD, and great bulk it can sweep teams even when TR ends. Bronzor is a cool setter that is very hard to 1HKO, and you can use that bulk to get it in Steel Beam range for momentum. Cofagrigus is the main set that everyone's using and works as a good as ever here. Sash Endeavor Duosion is a good anti-sweeper measure that is totally needed otherwise the team falls victim to some of the setup threats.
Rhydon is in RU now

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Round 4: Drifblim

Of all the drops from the April shift, I think Drifblim has the most creative applications. It condenses roles into one in a way that isn't always appealing, but it can work really well in certain situations. I'm interested in seeing if the community can find these situations.
Deadline for submissions is (4 / 10 / 20)
Have fun everyone :toast:!​

:Indeedee-F::Drifblim::Crustle::Toxicroak::Alcremie::Perrserker:

Offensive team based on drifblim+indeedee core.Indeedee beats drifblim's checks (piloswine,cm alcremie,eldegoss,pawniard).56 Evs in def allow drifblim to always survive a togedemaru's zing zap at full hp.
Crustle give hazards and knock off support,allowing drifblim to have an easier time to sweep.
Scarf toxicroak catch fasters threats (especially darkvally,rotoms and jolteon)of guard
Alcremie is the 2nd wincon.Fighting check who can win a lot of games from preview.
Perrserker is the klinklang check(an huge threat for offensive teams.He also take advantage of hazard stacking

I've hated building in this gen since it started. I have never been a good builder. I can pilot a team and do great, but I cannot build well.

But throughout this entire time, one method has always done me right and provided results that speak for themselves:

Looking at Brawlfest's gen6 teams and crying about how that gen was so better then trying to fit that archetype [in this case spikestack] into our current
environment

Truly a revolutionary builder who's unconventional teams I have always loved and felt like "Wow if I could build, I'd probably whip up some hot shit like this."

Sandaconda @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Atk / 56 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rest
- Glare
- Earthquake

Rapidash-Galar @ Life Orb
Ability: Pastel Veil
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Mystical Fire
- Dazzling Gleam

Drednaw @ Lum Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Liquidation
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Grapploct @ Assault Vest
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Circle Throw
- Liquidation
- Sucker Punch

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb

Drifblim @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond

Sandaconda is our most reliable rock setter and you'll find it on most teams nowdays, this one is no different. Helmet+Rest is dope. Special Galardash is a set I've been using since I started playing this gen because I hate ZHB&Play Rough not being 100% accurate. Mystical Fire puts in serious work. I've nailed plenty of Ferroseeds, Dubs and small Gourg's with it. RD Drednaw is once again another sweeper I've liked for a while, it feels similar in vein to Ludicolo but much more usable this gen. You can go Head Smash over SE if you're real but obv between LO and it's recoil you're susceptible to priority picking you off (not that there's a ton of it.) Grappleoct has been the mon I've changed the most and I'll go into possible changes at the end. I was f'ing w/ some mons and for all the team variations I used my stats say his was the best performing. We're looking to primarily Circle Throw and stack up some spike damage, if you do find an opportunity to click other moves that's nice too. You could always trade out PUP for Stomping Tantrum as Sucker Punching on an enemy switch does double it's damage and it's nailed me a kill on some Garbs & Qwilfish's who otherwise annoy you. Garbodor is Garbodor. Double Rocky Helmet is fun and fits in w/ the whole chip damage then sweep thing. Seed Bomb has a miniscule chance of a 2hko on Quag before any hazard damage, which otherwise walls this team. Drifblim is clean up crew, upon consuming the berry you've got high speed and a strong stab that breaks down teams that have already taken a beating.

Possible mon switchups
Work Up Normvally w/ Ice Beam, Tbolt, Hyper Voice and LO over Galardash
Banded Dusknoir w/ sneak over Grapple
Same build Throh over Grapple

Last edited:

Lucario

A side must always be chosen
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:drifblim: :perrserker: :lanturn: :clefairy: :silvally-ground:(ground) :roselia:
so im not good with smogon formatting, the top thing is the import, bottom is description.
I also had help from Instruct (PS) Salamanders (Smogon)
If it is in
red then it was Instruct, black was my contributions.

Drifblim @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Strength Sap

Perrserker @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Heal Bell

Clefairy @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Wish

Silvally-Ground @ Ground Memory
Ability: RKS System
Adamant Nature
- Fire Fang
- Rock Slide
- Multi-Attack
- Parting Shot

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb

Drifblim is running the usual Hex set because it's good. It can burn a physical threat such as Arctozolt, Perrserker, and Sandaconda that also check Drifblim. Strength Sap also helps suppress those foes.

Perrserker works great with Drifblim as it eliminates many walls that Drif's burn won't do much to such as Clefairy and Silvally (whichever type) as well as other threats to the rest of the team such as Fighting types.

Lanturn is a cleric, it helps get rid of any status on the Drifblim/anything else. Volt Absorb is a wonder as it eliminates the Electric typed Pokemon that are huge counters to Drifblim and can dish out damage to the rest of the team.

Clefairy can set up rocks while being able to heal its team on a safe switch and taking a Toxic or two from whatever still gets it this Gen. It also acts as a special wall.

Silvally-Ground also helps get rid of Electric types such as Jolteon, Arctozolt, and Lanturn while running Rock Slide for Rotom forms. It plays a role in keeping Drifblim alive longer if Lanturn goes down. Fire Fang is to help with Ferroseed and a few others including Eldegoss.

Roselia is last and, well, sleep is a beautiful thing in the world of Pokemon. Sleeping a foe that has setup a Swords Dance or any other status move of the sort can allow a somewhat safe switch-in to Drifblim to Burn it then Strength Sap it or Hex it.

This team does well against most (if not, all) of the current A+ Pokemon and heavily counters Cofagrigus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
:ss/Drifblim::ss/Sandaconda::ss/Lanturn::ss/Rotom-Fan::ss/Skuntank::ss/Silvally-Fighting:
Drifblim @ Flame Orb
Ability: Flare Boost
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Strength Sap
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Sandaconda @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Glare
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast

Rotom-Fan @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Defog

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 216 HP / 228 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Taunt

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 120 Def / 188 SpD / 160 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Protect
- Scald

Silvally-Fighting @ Fighting Memory
EVs: 152 Atk / 104 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Toxic
- Psychic Fangs
- Swords Dance

I love to use signature abilities and stuff. So it was a given to use Flare Boost-Drifblim. The item is obvious. Drifblim also acts as a semi status absorber, just be careful that you get burned or are already burned since your ability works strictly with burn. The rest of the team is supposed to support Drifblim via taking hits and mainly to spread status. A Flare Boost boosted Hex against an enemy thats statused has a BP of 195 (65 * 2 * 1,5 = 195). That attack, comming from a base 90 SpA deals some respectable damage (almost like Fishous Rend from AVish) and has great breaking potential. Like i said the rest of the team is based on status spam and the first that came into mind was Sandaconda for having an electric-immunity and paralyzing faster threats with Glare. Its also the Steal Rock-setter for the team. Lanturn came right after with Toxic to cripple walls and Volt Switch to gain some momentum. It also provides an ice- and water-resist (not Freeze-Dry). Rotom-Fan is my defogger of choice and acts for a fighting-check with Will-O-Wisp to burn physical threats. Skuntank Is my Indeedee-F answer of the team and on top of that a dark-resist. Taunt helps to break through Clefairy-cores that rely on Wish-support from Clefairy. Toxic for mentioned reasons. Lastly I added Silvally-Fighting to not get 6-0ed by Silvally-Dark.

:ss/Indeedee-F: :ss/Drampa: :ss/Drifblim: :ss/clefairy: :ss/Silvally:(Fire) :ss/Wishiwashi-school:

Indeedee-F (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Mystical Fire

Drampa @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Glare
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball

Drifblim @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Strength Sap
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Defog

Clefairy @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Silvally-Fire @ Fire Memory
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Multi-Attack
- Double-Edge
- Swords Dance

Wishiwashi-School @ Leftovers
Ability: Schooling
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Scald

This team is meant to basically be special-geared bulky offense, with silvally fire to provide a physical check to opposing clefairies and alcremies, and Drifblim compressing the role of defogger with shutting down opposing physical attackers. Together Drampa and Indeedee cause a lot of pressure with their high powered special stabs. Two changes I made as I was testing was to swap Sil-poison for sil fire as the team struggled a bit with opposing Rime's. I then decided to swap teleport out for aromatherapy and wish for softboiled as because of the nature of the team passing wishes didn't seem to be as effective as keeping clefairy alive and able to eat special moves all day.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1092558345
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1092591095
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1092603849
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1092607009-addf0yj5iz6y8unjod9flsjojbxgijapw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1092613900

:ss/Drifblim: :ss/Pincurchin: :ss/Garbodor: :ss/Hitmonchan: :ss/Golurk: :ss/Raichu:

Basically this team was built around electric seed driftblim. With electric terrain up, it can set up pretty nicely. Not only do you get an unburden boost you also get a defense boost and can keep spamming sub calm mind until you want to start throwing shadow balls. Spikes and toxic spikes on pinc and garb cripple everything and if someone wants to rapid spin golurk can just come in. Raichu for electric terrain electric boost and hitmonchan because it packs a punch and can spin away rocks for drift.

Drifblim @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Strength Sap
- Shadow Ball

Pincurchin @ Leftovers
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Discharge
- Toxic Spikes
- Memento

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb

Hitmonchan (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch

Raichu @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt

first post so hopefully all the sprites and dropdowns work. if they dont i'll try to fix them please dont flame me haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)