Project SS NU Teambuilding Lab v2.0 (CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
with goro being banned can I switch this to a simple cress team? I've been meaning to make low ladder cry use it recently.
eek I already started working on this, just a team built around cresselia? I can wait till after the suspect to start on it

Pokeslice

Thanks for the Dance
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
eek I already started working on this, just a team built around cresselia? I can wait till after the suspect to start on it
oops sorry for stopping you when you started I just realized that goro is most likely going in the next two days so that would be inconvenient. I can wait till after the suspect if that's easier for you, thanks. Or if you have one now I'll take that too. Whatever works :bloblul:

EDIT: What about making it Sirfetchd>Goro? That shouldn't change it too much

Hello, I'd like to request an offensive team built around choice specs Sylveon + dual screens Espeon. It was an idea that popped into my head but I have no clue how to build offense. If espeon doesn't work, perhaps another screen setter could work as well? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

roxie

is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
oops sorry for stopping you when you started I just realized that goro is most likely going in the next two days so that would be inconvenient. I can wait till after the suspect if that's easier for you, thanks. Or if you have one now I'll take that too. Whatever works :bloblul:

EDIT: What about making it Sirfetchd>Goro? That shouldn't change it too much
Team made by Luck O' the Irish
:ss/pangoro: :ss/copperajah: :ss/sylveon: :ss/articuno-galar: :ss/decidueye: :ss/gastrodon:
Pangoro @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Crunch
- Bullet Punch

Copperajah @ Leftovers
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 64 HP / 96 Atk / 252 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Heat Crash
- Power Whip

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Articuno-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Future Sight
- Recover
- U-turn
- Hurricane

Decidueye @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Long Reach
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackle
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Gastrodon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Def / 104 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
This was already made but Galarian Articuno pressures Pokemon with its Future Sight and because Pangoro can hit Steel- and Dark-types that resist Psychic-type attacks, they pair well together. Hope you enjoy the team~​

Pokeslice

Thanks for the Dance
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Team made by Luck O' the Irish
:ss/pangoro: :ss/copperajah: :ss/sylveon: :ss/articuno-galar: :ss/decidueye: :ss/gastrodon:
Pangoro @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Crunch
- Bullet Punch

Copperajah @ Leftovers
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 64 HP / 96 Atk / 252 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Heat Crash
- Power Whip

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Articuno-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Competitive
Timid Nature
- Future Sight
- Recover
- U-turn
- Hurricane

Decidueye @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Long Reach
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackle
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Gastrodon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Def / 104 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
This was already made but Galarian Articuno pressures Pokemon with its Future Sight and because Pangoro can hit Steel- and Dark-types that resist Psychic-type attacks, they pair well together. Hope you enjoy the team~​
awesome team thanks :D

roxie

Hello, I'd like to request an offensive team built around choice specs Sylveon + dual screens Espeon. It was an idea that popped into my head but I have no clue how to build offense. If espeon doesn't work, perhaps another screen setter could work as well? Thanks in advance!
reserving, spoke to you on ps! abt cm being an option

Hello, I would like to request a team which focuses on sweeping with focus energy inteleon. I would prefer a balanced team with a strong breaker maybe sirfetch'd? But I wouldn't mind anything else. Gl.

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys! I've been trying to get into NU for a while, and the Bewear + Pangoro suspect test is giving me a great opportunity to do so. Anyways, I would like to request a Sticky Web + Choice Band Tyrantrum team. There are a lot of interesting options for Sticky Web setters in NU, but I'm not sure what the best one is. Tyrantrum has a good enough Speed tier to take advantage of Webs and hits like a truck with Choice Band. It's also my favorite Fossil Pokemon and one of my favorite Shiny Pokemon lol. Thanks!
:ss/tyrantrum::ss/araquanid::ss/braviary::ss/celebi::ss/mienshao::ss/sylveon:
Pokepaste

Hey StarFalcon555, sorry for the near-month delay here, but we have your Banded Tyrantrum Webs team here that I built and tested with xerovis.

:tyrantrum: is the mon you wanted first and foremost and it's got a standard Band set for what you'd expect. STAB Head Smash and Dragon Claw with Crunch to hit Bronzong and EQ to hit annoying Steels like Copperajah. Your webs mon is :araquanid: and it has STAB Liquidation and Leech Life. We were also debating on Magic Coat or Toxic in the last slot but Toxic seemed better since MC could end up backfiring. Next mon is :braviary: and it serves as a Defog deterrent so that once webs are up, the opponent can be punished for attempting to Defog. We thought of including a spin blocker as well however rapid spin is less common since there are only a few users. Basic moveset for it with BB and CC to go with Roost and U-turn. :celebi: was used here for resistances to Rotom-Mow's volt and leaf storm, while also providing stealth rock. Copperajah could also be used in this slot and has a better match-up against Articuno-G, however it makes Sylveon the only special attacker on the team which may be problematic. Alternatively, Goodra could be used if you are willing to forgo rocks and focus on webs and offensive pressure. :mienshao:, as expected, is your scarfer and there isn't much to add on here since its the standard scarf set and it also helps with Steels that Tyrant doesn't like. Lastly, :sylveon: rounds out the team as a Wish passer and cleric.

I hope u enjoy it! Again, sorry for delay​

:ss/tyrantrum::ss/araquanid::ss/braviary::ss/celebi::ss/mienshao::ss/sylveon:
Pokepaste

Hey StarFalcon555, sorry for the near-month delay here, but we have your Banded Tyrantrum Webs team here that I built and tested with xerovis.

:tyrantrum: is the mon you wanted first and foremost and it's got a standard Band set for what you'd expect. STAB Head Smash and Dragon Claw with Crunch to hit Bronzong and EQ to hit annoying Steels like Copperajah. Your webs mon is :araquanid: and it has STAB Liquidation and Leech Life. We were also debating on Magic Coat or Toxic in the last slot but Toxic seemed better since MC could end up backfiring. Next mon is :braviary: and it serves as a Defog deterrent so that once webs are up, the opponent can be punished for attempting to Defog. We thought of including a spin blocker as well however rapid spin is less common since there are only a few users. Basic moveset for it with BB and CC to go with Roost and U-turn. :celebi: was used here for resistances to Rotom-Mow's volt and leaf storm, while also providing stealth rock. Copperajah could also be used in this slot and has a better match-up against Articuno-G, however it makes Sylveon the only special attacker on the team which may be problematic. Alternatively, Goodra could be used if you are willing to forgo rocks and focus on webs and offensive pressure. :mienshao:, as expected, is your scarfer and there isn't much to add on here since its the standard scarf set and it also helps with Steels that Tyrant doesn't like. Lastly, :sylveon: rounds out the team as a Wish passer and cleric.

I hope u enjoy it! Again, sorry for delay​
Thanks guys!

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Hello, I'd like a team built around an offensive Ribombee, (maybe QD, MB, Uturn, Psychic?). its speed tier seems really good rn. I do not want a Webs Ribombee... If you can't build around ribombee because it is unranked, could i have a team built around a Specs/LO Xatu?

Thanks!
Hey buddy, sorry for taking so long but here is the team:

:Xatu: :Roserade: :Mudsdale: :Mienshao: :Tyrantrum: :Mantine: (click the sprites for the import)

So the team is based around your requested mon which was specs xatu. The main idea is to try to stack as many hazards as posible so Xatu can put in the most amount of work possible. The moveset for this mon was kind of hard to pick since you want trick to make cresselia useless and roost is good for longevity once you trick the specs away. Psychic is the most accurate and powerful stab move xatu can use while Heat Wave is the most complementary move psychic has since it hits all the steel types for super effective damage and also does solid damage to most dark types. Roserade provides the spikes support while Mudsdale provides the stealth rock support while having an amazing synergy between them. Mantine provides a solid fighting check and solid form of hazard control if opposing hazards become an issue for you. Mienshao is a nice breaker for the team that is really good if you manage to get spikes up. Finally scarf Tyrantrum provides speed control for the team (although you always have to risk missing with Head Smash) and is a great late game cleaner.

Hope you enjoy the team! :]

thank you
Hey buddy, sorry for taking so long but here is the team:

:Xatu: :Roserade: :Mudsdale: :Mienshao: :Tyrantrum: :Mantine: (click the sprites for the import)

So the team is based around your requested mon which was specs xatu. The main idea is to try to stack as many hazards as posible so Xatu can put in the most amount of work possible. The moveset for this mon was kind of hard to pick since you want trick to make cresselia useless and roost is good for longevity once you trick the specs away. Psychic is the most accurate and powerful stab move xatu can use while Heat Wave is the most complementary move psychic has since it hits all the steel types for super effective damage and also does solid damage to most dark types. Roserade provides the spikes support while Mudsdale provides the stealth rock support while having an amazing synergy between them. Mantine provides a solid fighting check and solid form of hazard control if opposing hazards become an issue for you. Mienshao is a nice breaker for the team that is really good if you manage to get spikes up. Finally scarf Tyrantrum provides speed control for the team (although you always have to risk missing with Head Smash) and is a great late game cleaner.

Hope you enjoy the team! :]

Lucario

A side must always be chosen
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
With the rising popularity of screens and the difficulty to build with Normal-types right now, could I request a Balance (or offensive balance) team with Exploud? Maybe something like Exploud + Talonflame would be neat as it'll help with the Fighting-types, but if Talon is hard to put on with Exploud, then no big deal.

roxie

:ss/sylveon: :ss/espeon: :ss/tyrantrum: :ss/salazzle: :ss/celebi: :ss/kingdra:
Espeon @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Dazzling Gleam
- Yawn

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire
- Focus Energy

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Scale Shot
- Close Combat

Salazzle (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Wave
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball

Kingdra @ Razor Claw
Ability: Sniper
Modest Nature
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Agility
- Surf
Hey, I explored a fun idea around Focus Energy Sylveon. The idea is to use Focus Energy on the turn you're expecting Copperajah to come in which allows Mystic Fire to 2HKO after Stealth Rocks. Focus Energy also helps with other Calm Mind setters like Cresselia and Sylveon. Espeon is the standard dual screens with Yawn to give its teammates a chance to come in and make use of screens (with HP since it's more of a utility set). Tyrantrum appreciates the triple Fighting resists in Sylveon, Celebi, and Espeon and it clicks buttons while screens are up. Salazzle is another abuser of screens and it supports Sylveon notably with Steel-types with Copperajah and Escavalier with Flamethrower. Celebi is running a Stealth Rock set with Healing Wish to bring in another abuser. I feel like Itemless Celebi is optional as well if you wanna try it. Finally, GOAT KINGDRA wraps up the team with its Double Dance Crit set with Razor Claw. I was going to go with Blastoise....but those Waters don't like being critted every turn by a Draco Meteor. Hope you enjoy the team and as always feel free to message or tag me on Discord for questions. Sebastian.#7869 (for now ;w;)

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PKQ, regarding the most recent team you have that Rabia made is still good, just replace Pangoro with Sirfetch'd or Machamp. Both hit as hard, maybe harder!

:ss/sylveon: :ss/espeon: :ss/tyrantrum: :ss/salazzle: :ss/celebi: :ss/kingdra:
Espeon @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Dazzling Gleam
- Yawn

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire
- Focus Energy

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Scale Shot
- Close Combat

Salazzle (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Wave
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball

Kingdra @ Razor Claw
Ability: Sniper
Modest Nature
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Agility
- Surf
Hey, I explored a fun idea around Focus Energy Sylveon. The idea is to use Focus Energy on the turn you're expecting Copperajah to come in which allows Mystic Fire to 2HKO after Stealth Rocks. Focus Energy also helps with other Calm Mind setters like Cresselia and Sylveon. Espeon is the standard dual screens with Yawn to give its teammates a chance to come in and make use of screens (with HP since it's more of a utility set). Tyrantrum appreciates the triple Fighting resists in Sylveon, Celebi, and Espeon and it clicks buttons while screens are up. Salazzle is another abuser of screens and it supports Sylveon notably with Steel-types with Copperajah and Escavalier with Flamethrower. Celebi is running a Stealth Rock set with Healing Wish to bring in another abuser. I feel like Itemless Celebi is optional as well if you wanna try it. Finally, GOAT KINGDRA wraps up the team with its Double Dance Crit set with Razor Claw. I was going to go with Blastoise....but those Waters don't like being critted every turn by a Draco Meteor. Hope you enjoy the team and as always feel free to message or tag me on Discord for questions. Sebastian.#7869 (for now ;w;)
I didn't even know that syleon got focus energy, sick set. Thanks a lot, looking forward to using this

I want to request a offensive team with Flygon+Golisopod. i am not sure exactly what set I want them to be also because I'm not too familiar with nu. I do think that they can maybe like help support a dangerous attacker/sweeper (bring in with u-turn, defog , spikes, weakening/finishing with first impression).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)