SS OU SS OU Hyper Offence

Hey, guys so I've been playing showdown for a while now but this is my first time posting a team I've personally made. Other than some inspiration taken from posts here it's completely original. This post isn't going to be very pretty because I haven't used the forums to create a post before but I'd greatly appreciate any input without losing the identity of the team.

As with most of the teams I build I started off with what I think is a super underrated mon, Lycanroc. His potential as a suicide lead is immense if you can predict the moves of your opponent.

Good Boi (Lycanroc-Dusk) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Taunt
- Counter
- Stealth Rock

For my team, it's more about denying hazard setup or early game sweeper setups than getting my own hazards up since I don't have a defogger on my team. Lando is so popular in the OU scene a taunt and then counter play sets you up for an easy win right off the bat.

Now comes the offense of the team I've been really liking the value that's available for Kyuerem I messed around with a life orb variant but landed on a choice specs it ties you down a bit and takes away your coverage ability but the spam power of specs Ice Beam is just hard to pass.

Blue Eyes White (Kyurem) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam

Next up is the speed/coverage/sweeping ability for the team in Kartana. If you're able to clear the few threats he can touch (Zeroara, Volcorona, etc. ) it can be gg. Swords dance is to be able to hit tankier targets like corviknight, toxapex, and melmetal.

Paper Cut (Kartana) @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword

Now I need an answer for dragapult because neither of these guys can try to touch him without taking serious damage or being KO. That answer comes from choice-banded Aegislash with shadow sneak he needs a clean swap in but he's a great clean-up for the end game to take out anything beat down by the wall breakers of this team.

Clarent (Aegislash) @ Choice Band
Ability: Stance Change
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Head Smash

Now it's time for sweeper number two Azumarill a belly drum Aqua Jet will K.O. or cripple just about anything it can be tricky to get it worked into matches sometimes so it can be also be used to clean up kills leftover by Kartana or Kyuerem.

Pika Pika (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

The last spot is where I'm open to the most change currently I have Galarian Slowbro on the team for coverage, bulk, and his priority gimmick which surprisingly gets me kills against bigger threats pretty consistently.

Slowbro-Galar @ Quick Claw
Ability: Quick Draw
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Sludge Bomb
- Surf
- Flamethrower

the thing is that i think kartana should have smart strike and not swords dance. because again, stab is great plus swords dance isnt really needed as beast boost already helps it.

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hey KaleM23, I’m here to rate your team and suggest some changes.

As there are a lot of demand for rates and making a complete and detailed answer takes too much time, I will try to do a short rate and won’t detail everything, so feel free to ask questions about what I said.

It’s true that Lycanroc-Dusk :lycanroc-dusk: can have an interesting niche as a lead for an Hyper Offense kind of team. However, I don’t like some of your other choices. Banded Aegislash :aegislash: is not that great and Azumarill :azumarill: and Galarian Slowbro :slowbro galar: really need some Screens support to be efficient. I think you can remove one breaker and use a Screen setter instead. You can thus replace the Choice users by some other setup sweeper that will benefit from both the Screens and the Stealth Rocks set by Lycanroc.

Major Changes:

:kartana: -> :tapu koko:: Tapu Koko is the best Screens setter right now, having a great Speed, Taunt and a pivoting move in U-turn. Here is the Screens setter set:

tapukoko.gif

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- U-turn

:kyurem: -> :dragapult:: With Screens, setup sweepers are way more efficient than strong breakers and thus you can try to use a Weakness Policy Dragon Dance Dragapult :dragapult: instead of Kyurem. This set can be extremely threatening as, with Screens support, you can survive a lot of resisted hits. Here is the set:

dragapult.gif

Dragapult @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body / Infiltrator
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Steel Wing / Flamethrower

:aegislash: -> :bisharp:: Aegislash would be more efficient with a Swords Dance set, but I think that a Pokemon like Bisharp :bisharp: would be even more threatening, mainly because Defiant prevents the opponent to mindlessly Defog away your Rocks and Screens. Here is the classic Swords Dance set:

bisharp.gif

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Minor Changes:

:lycanroc-dusk:: The set is fine and I think that you should just use Endeavor instead of Counter, as your main purpose is to set Stealth Rock and you rather not clsick Counter on something pivoting into a faster Pokemon and thus preventing you from setting Rocks.

:slowbro-galar:: I would just shift 44 HP EVs into Speed to outspeed Toxapex :toxapex: and use Nasty Plot over Surf in order to be able to threaten most of the tier after a boost. I also feel like Shell Side Arm over Sludge Bomb or Psyshock over Psychic could help against Special walls like Blissey :blissey:.

And that’s all for the changes, here is the new version of the team:

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Accelerock
- Endeavor
- Taunt

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- U-turn

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Slowbro-Galar @ Quick Claw
Ability: Quick Draw
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shell Side Arm
- Psychic
- Flamethrower

Dragapult @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Steel Wing

I made another version of the team with the same Lycanroc lead and without Screens. I drop this here as it is pretty different from the original team but could still be interesting.

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword

- Smart Strike

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Hawlucha @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 132 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Hope this was helpful, feel free to ask questions and have a nice day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)