SS OU SS OU Team - Rate my attempt to use only gen8 pokemons

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been playing competitive since gen6 and now that I finished my pokedex I'm starting to breed my comp team on this new gen. Since we have all those new mons I'm trying to build a full team of gen8 ones. So far I'm thinking in something like this:

1. Dragapult Expert Belt
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 4 Sp. Def / 252 Speed
Timid Nature

Draco Meteor
Shadow Ball
Fire Blast
Thunderbolt

This is one of my favourites. Since I saw that the evolution has those two little ones in top of It's head I had clear I wanted this one on my team. Pretty self explanatory: an special offensive attacker. I wanted him as a pivot too (with U-turn) but my team really needs that Thunderbolt so I guess you can't always have everything right?

2. Corviknight Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 136 Sp. Def / 88 Speed
Careful Nature

Brave bird
Substitute
Bulk up
Roost

I fell in love with this bird since the very beggining. Thought It was going to be the new Skarmory but It ended up quite different. I really like him in this bulk up set, specially on this meta with Toxapex, Ferrothorn and Excadrill. It's a pretty decent teammate for Dragapult and the others. Excellent coverage and sometimes even a win con.

3. Hatterene Big root
Ability: Magic bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Speed
Bold Nature

Psychic
Draining Kiss
Mystical Fire
Calm Mind

Honestly I would replace this one for a Clefable... BUT I'm building a team with the new mons so... This will do. Actually It's pretty decent even without Dynamax or G-Max. This calm mind build is pretty solid and since I'm already using Leftovers on Corviknight, big root helps with that kiss recovery. Having access to mystical fire is awesome vs those omnipresent steel types.

4. Cinderace Heavy-duty boots
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Jolly Nature

Pyro Ball
High Jump Kick
Court Change
U-turn

Since I'm lacking a good pivot and also someone to deal with entry hazards I've just found out that this fella covers my needs pretty damn well. I really like it's speed, making it one of the fastest threats in OU (vs non-scarf). Also It gives me acces to a fighting type move which I'm lacking too.

5. Darmanitan-galar @Choice-scarf
Ability: Gorilla tactics
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Sp. Def / 252 Speed
Jolly Nature

Icicle crash
Earthquake
Flare Blitz
U-turn

When I saw this pokémon and his ability... Wow, just wow. I instantly thought about using it with choice scarf. And here I am, seeing it all over the internet wrecking teams. I had to put this one on mine too. It's just too powerful for not using it. Also It gives me some coverage which at this point I'm needing.

6. Seismitoad @Assault Vest
Ability: Water absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Sp. Def
Sassy Nature

Scald
Earthquake
Toxic
Stealth rock

And finally... the outsider. I've been looking for a good hazard setter and also something for my coverage needs. Couldn't find anything suitable and I have to rely on the good old toad. The immunity to water and electric It's something to be taken in account + It's access to Toxic (which I realized I was lacking all along). Having the option to even burn my opponent it's also a huge plus.

All-in-all seems pretty good on paper but I can see some flaws. It would be awesome If you guys can give me some advice on how to improve this attempt to use all those new pokémon. I've always used Ferrothorn, Toxapex and Excadrill (for example) on my teams but I just feel It's time to give an oportunity to the new guys.

It's always fun to experiment and try new things.

PokerusZina

Darmanitan has drawn the attention and will be moving to Uber Tier. You'll have to find something else if this is meant for showdown.

Hmmmm didn't know that. Any suggestions?
Well there's nothing quite like Scarf Darm. There is little defensive coverage against Ice and not many good Mons have the same speed level. Dracovish is another heavy Physical hitter but get's outsped easier. Also, Water Absorb has become a staple ability in the meta because of Dracovish.

Maybe Switching Dragapult to Physical and look for a Special Mon that leans more towards Darm's coverage.

Weevile is in UU but is actually a very fast Physical attacker as well. If you Band it can get close to Darm's damage and with Jolly not alot of Mon's will exceed it's speed.

I'm very inexperienced, thinking tactically about my team for a long time but only recently starting to put myself to the test in pvp environments like showdown, so someone else might have far better advice for you. Hope I've at least been of some help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)