Project SS OU Teambuilding Competition - Not hosted anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
From now on, me and Gomi will be co-hosting this project! We would like to thank Ruft and lydian for hosting it for over a year. The voting phase for Volcarona is over - here are the votes.
D > E > B > A > C = F > G
E>F>D>B>A>G>C
B > E > D = C > A > F
b = d > e > a > c > g

After entering the votes here, the winner for this week is Clone! Congrats, your submission will be added to the archive.

Week 32: Bisharp

Bisharp has emerged as an extremely threatening wallbreaker and sweeper in OU recently, especially with the introduction of its Choice Band set.
I'm giving you until Monday to submit teams around Bisharp. Good luck!​

Katy

Banned deucer.
A Mothy Sight with Swords Dance Bisharp, Choice Specs Dragapult, and Stealth Rocks Clefable Offense.

:clefable: :landorus-therian: :bisharp: :dragapult: :rillaboom: :volcarona:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Grassy Glide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

this team is built with stealth rocks clefable which acts like a check to kyurem and dragapult, and with thunderbolt as coverage for toxapex, corviknight, and skarmory. landorus-t is the defogger here on this team and can spread status with toxic and is a check to zeraora and tapu koko. bisharp and dragapult are a strong core, due to their typing and how they can overwhelm opposing teams, with bisharp having the strong swords dance set and dragapult the strong choice specs set with flamethrower for steel-types such as magnezone, corviknight, and skarmory. rillaboom with the choice band set is a potent and dangerous wallbreaker, alongside volcarona, and they both build up a great partnership. rillaboom threatens tyranitar and other ground-types such as garchomp and is a check to urshifu-r, whereas volcarona can check kyurem and is able to check opposing rillaboom and also kartana.​

:bisharp: :slowking: :zapdos: :ferrothorn: :garchomp: :dragapult:
^ click above for importable ^

This team is built around the ever-so-popular FuturePort Slowking aiding CB Bisharp in breaking teams apart. I knew I wanted to make the most out of Bisharp so I decided to use my favourite Spikes-stacking hazard control core of Zapdos-Ferrothorn-Garchomp, which provides very valuable defensive utility. also, every one of these three have an ability that punished contact moves, which is always nice. spikes stacking sinergyzes well with assurance, a move that doubles its power if the opponent has already taken damage that turn and ofc entry hazards do count. this means that you have a spammable dark type attack even if you have already knocked off items on key switch-in. in fact, boosted assurance is FAR stronger than knock off. slowking alongside zap and ferro is my safety net for cb shifu (zap deters uturn, slowking eats one stab + fsight, zap then punishes cc while ferro punishes sstrikes); zap deals w grass offense, flying types like torn-t, g-zap and lucha, takes on zeraora even after losing boots with this hefty def investment and is the ground immunity. hurricane>heat wave if you want a stronger hit against ground types, it absolutely makes sense although you lose some against zera. ferro spdef hard counters koko, gives me counterplay against kyurem and lele, sponges a couple shadowballs from dragapult and of course is here for spikes. chomp is my rocker, sd dual stab mantains offensive presence and is also a win con late game, while leftovers allows it to check dangerous foes like zeraora and heatran more reliably. last is specs pult, very splashable mon ofc that offers invaluable speed control and rkills stuff like sd kart that threatens this team. no hex because i dont want to spread status, i want to spread hazard chip damage. flamethrower hits metal birds and rillaboom, opening up for both bisharp and sd chomp. pult also sinergyzes amazingly with cb sharp, bringing it in against clef and blissey, while also abusing futureport+cb sharp pressuring sturdy dark or steel types, making them unable to take on both pult and sharp​

Last edited:

This team is built around the ever-so-popular FuturePort Slowking aiding CB Bisharp in breaking teams apart. I knew I wanted to make the most out of Bisharp so I decided to use my favourite Spikes-stacking hazard control core of Zapdos-Ferrothorn-Garchomp, which provides very valuable defensive utility. also, every one of these three have an ability that punished contact moves, which is always nice. spikes stacking sinergyzes well with assurance, a move that doubles its power if the opponent has already taken damage that turn and ofc entry hazards do count. this means that you have a spammable dark type attack even if you have already knocked off items on key switch-in. in fact, boosted assurance is FAR stronger than knock off. slowking alongside zap and ferro is my safety net for cb shifu (zap deters uturn, slowking eats one stab + fsight, zap then punishes cc while ferro punishes sstrikes); zap deals w grass offense, flying types like torn-t, g-zap and lucha, takes on zeraora even after losing boots with this hefty def investment and is the ground immunity. hurricane>heat wave if you want a stronger hit against ground types, it absolutely makes sense although you lose some against zera. ferro spdef hard counters koko, gives me counterplay against kyurem and lele, sponges a couple shadowballs from dragapult and of course is here for spikes. chomp is my rocker, sd dual stab mantains offensive presence and is also a win con late game, while leftovers allows it to check dangerous foes like zeraora and heatran more reliably. last is specs pult, very splashable mon ofc that offers invaluable speed control and rkills stuff like sd kart that threatens this team. no hex because i dont want to spread status, i want to spread hazard chip damage. flamethrower hits metal birds and rillaboom, opening up for both bisharp and sd chomp. pult also sinergyzes amazingly with cb sharp, bringing it in against clef and blissey, while also abusing futureport+cb sharp pressuring sturdy dark or steel types, making them unable to take on both pult and sharp​
Small note, you put Iron Defense instead of Iron Head on Bish

tornt + bisharp voltturn
:tornadus-therian: :slowking-galar: :rotom-wash: :landorus-therian: :bisharp: :ferrothorn:
(click the sprites for the paste)
:psyglad:

for starters, this build ended up being incredibly formulaic because of how straightforward building with fs + breaker spikestacking is. utilized the core of cb bisharp + aoa offensive fogger torn-t to lure in and overlap eachothers checks and counters, which becomes extremely difficult to deal with defensively.
essentially spikes + fs support and sr which is of course mandatory, is the best way to begin building with bisharp so i decided to slap that in along with a powerful rotomw + lando-t pivoting core. defiant bish is incredible at deterring foggers such as zapdos, corviknight and tornt to get a free attack boost while going unpunished. on another note burning stuff + stacking spikes with spdef ferro invalidates rolls completely lowering the bar to 25% on switch-ins, excluding spikes immune mons (levitate, flyings).

(i)
dual haz ferro because i wanted to compress toxic knock lando, defensive sets are the best rn. i feel like torn offers adequate speed control with the only issues being dragapult, zeraora, weavile, tapu koko, and speed tying opposing torn.

(ii)
beat up bish only makes it more difficult to deal with so it can go unpunished, reaching 87 base power effectively.

(iii)
torn evs avoid the 2hko from ada cb rilla, rotomw evs try to be as physically bulky as possible to check urshr and weavile and outspeed crawdaunt (209 speed) but may be an unrealistic matchup otherwise

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
https://pokepast.es/561847299b0e7219
:kyurem::bisharp::slowking::corviknight::hippowdon::Dragapult:

Bisharp + Specs Kyurem are terrifying breakers that pair well together. Kyurem takes on pex, corv, zapdos, skarm, etc for bisharp, who takes on Bliss, clef, etc for kyurem. Paired them with fs from king because that makes the team better. Added corv + hippo round out the defensive core without losing to koko or zera in the long term since Lando has no recovery and gets chipped easily while hippo has more staying power at the expense of momentum. They also help against volcarona between bb on corv preventing set up opportunities and toxic from hippo. Lastly, this version of the team has mixed boots pult to spread paralysis to slow down things for kyurem and bish, while also being annoying for opponents in general and U-Turn to get kyurem/bish in safely. Chose darts > Draco to further help against volc because that thing is always a threat, while also hitting blissey for Kyurem. EVs outspeed koko

I have a version with CM tbolt clef > pult to act as a glue with a wincon vs fat but it's more passive, as well as a version with SD Bisharp which lets it be more of a cleaner and more reliable revenge killer thanks to not being locked into sucker punch. It's a fun team that's won me a few roomtours so feel free to steal/edit/do whatever with it :)

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Pult+Moistshifu + Band Bisharp Bulky Offense

https://pokepast.es/f62497f7cb6c7a1c
:swampert: :bisharp: :dragapult: :urshifu-rapid-strike: :landorus-therian: :zapdos:

Swampert is an excellent partner for banded bisharp, being able to set up rocks and safely pivot bisharp in to launch some powerful knock offs. Assurance is the bane of every stall team once hazards are up, easily 2hkoing an itemless corviknight that thinks it's safe to switch in.
Dragapult and Moistshifu are strong special and physical breakers that are able to pivot with u-turn, also enabling bisharp.
Zapdos is an answer to grass spam teams which would otherwise be very troublesome for the team, and finally Landorus is a very potent wincon on unsuspecting teams with it's double dance set, as well as being a emergency switchin/sack for physical breakers that zapdos can't deal with.

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Defiance ♥
:bisharp::zapdos-galar: :landorus-therian: :latios::regieleki: :weavile:
(clicky for the import thanks ily)

Intro:

This team began with the fun idea of how to bait in the opponent's ground type with very little effort. This brought me to Regieleki + Defiant users, Bisharp and Zapdos-Galar, to bait in the most popular mon in the tier, Landorus-Therian

The Game Plan:

Bait your ladder opponent who will immediately click their ground type on Regieleki, where you then double switch into either one of your defiant users if that ground is Landorus, or you go to Weavile for Garchomp or Dragapult.

Playing as aggressively as possible from this point is crucial as this team heavily relies on momentum to keep itself going. Chipping down the threats with aggressive play will allow one of your sweepers to clean up endgame. After the ground is gone, Regieleki is a serious threat that becomes a nuisance for the opponent to deal with once you gain the advantage from before.

The Other Guys:

Landorus is the staple lead but can be used for other landorus things if needed. Using it later and going boom on the biggest threats to the team helped out immensely when testing.
Latios because the set is fun and will help beat pex + pairs nicely with bisharp.

you are relying solely on your opponent immediately clicking a ground on regieleki because it has no moves and is really bad, making it absolutely irresistible to click that juicy ground type. if this doesn't work you will most likely hold the fattest L of your life. also scarf fini is gonna kill everyone quite swiftly unless you use goatleki. biggest threat is that this team is super bad for your points unless you play incredibly reckless for an unnecessary advantage. Lastly, if you change the zapdos-g nickname u will def lose every game.

ok thanks for reading my stupid idea pce

this is my first post please go easy on me thank you c:

Last edited:

voyage

Banned deucer.

Bisharp @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Tornadus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Scale Shot

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

Rillaboom @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Hawlucha @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

CB Bisharp can really be a threat, he has a very offensive double type especially for those who do not fit his punches well. It is true that I can wear SR in Chomp but it seems like an innovative idea.

I needed something that would cover the fight and ground weakness of the Bisharp base pokemon while keeping the idea of playing offensive. It came to mind TornadusT NP + Knock Off seems like fire to me since, like the previous one, it can put pressure in addition to disabling more passive targets. It is a useful support.

Well, the next name is Garchomp, which as I said I don't have SR because I find it more useful as the last Scale slot than its other stab. Left on LO because I think I need that recovery per turn instead of more power. It helps me cover Torna's electrical and rock weaknesses.

Tapu Koko as an offensive pivot supporting me with Defog and Roost for a longer stay. You can push things like Tapu Fini that are a problem for Garchomp among others.

Finally, I have added Rilla + Hawlucha because offensively it seems like a good combination helping to eliminate threats like Pert, Hippowdon, Ferro or Tangrowth that are a problem for Koko. Grassy Surge + Grassy Seed is a good way to take advantage of all the potential they offer you.

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
It's time to vote!

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, contact me.

Team A by Katy
A Mothy Sight with Swords Dance Bisharp, Choice Specs Dragapult, and Stealth Rocks Clefable Offense.

:clefable: :landorus-therian: :bisharp: :dragapult: :rillaboom: :volcarona:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt

Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Grassy Glide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

this team is built with stealth rocks clefable which acts like a check to kyurem and dragapult, and with thunderbolt as coverage for toxapex, corviknight, and skarmory. landorus-t is the defogger here on this team and can spread status with toxic and is a check to zeraora and tapu koko. bisharp and dragapult are a strong core, due to their typing and how they can overwhelm opposing teams, with bisharp having the strong swords dance set and dragapult the strong choice specs set with flamethrower for steel-types such as magnezone, corviknight, and skarmory. rillaboom with the choice band set is a potent and dangerous wallbreaker, alongside volcarona, and they both build up a great partnership. rillaboom threatens tyranitar and other ground-types such as garchomp and is a check to urshifu-r, whereas volcarona can check kyurem and is able to check opposing rillaboom and also kartana.​
Team B by SLDR

Team C by t045t3r

tornt + bisharp voltturn
:tornadus-therian: :slowking-galar: :rotom-wash: :landorus-therian: :bisharp: :ferrothorn:
(click the sprites for the paste)
:psyglad:

for starters, this build ended up being incredibly formulaic because of how straightforward building with fs + breaker spikestacking is. utilized the core of cb bisharp + aoa offensive fogger torn-t to lure in and overlap eachothers checks and counters, which becomes extremely difficult to deal with defensively.
essentially spikes + fs support and sr which is of course mandatory, is the best way to begin building with bisharp so i decided to slap that in along with a powerful rotomw + lando-t pivoting core. defiant bish is incredible at deterring foggers such as zapdos, corviknight and tornt to get a free attack boost while going unpunished. on another note burning stuff + stacking spikes with spdef ferro invalidates rolls completely lowering the bar to 25% on switch-ins, excluding spikes immune mons (levitate, flyings).

(i)
dual haz ferro because i wanted to compress toxic knock lando, defensive sets are the best rn. i feel like torn offers adequate speed control with the only issues being dragapult, zeraora, weavile, tapu koko, and speed tying opposing torn.

(ii)
beat up bish only makes it more difficult to deal with so it can go unpunished, reaching 87 base power effectively.

(iii)
torn evs avoid the 2hko from ada cb rilla, rotomw evs try to be as physically bulky as possible to check urshr and weavile and outspeed crawdaunt (209 speed) but may be an unrealistic matchup otherwise
Team D by Clone
https://pokepast.es/561847299b0e7219
:kyurem::bisharp::slowking::corviknight::hippowdon::Dragapult:

Bisharp + Specs Kyurem are terrifying breakers that pair well together. Kyurem takes on pex, corv, zapdos, skarm, etc for bisharp, who takes on Bliss, clef, etc for kyurem. Paired them with fs from king because that makes the team better. Added corv + hippo round out the defensive core without losing to koko or zera in the long term since Lando has no recovery and gets chipped easily while hippo has more staying power at the expense of momentum. They also help against volcarona between bb on corv preventing set up opportunities and toxic from hippo. Lastly, this version of the team has mixed boots pult to spread paralysis to slow down things for kyurem and bish, while also being annoying for opponents in general and U-Turn to get kyurem/bish in safely. Chose darts > Draco to further help against volc because that thing is always a threat, while also hitting blissey for Kyurem. EVs outspeed koko

I have a version with CM tbolt clef > pult to act as a glue with a wincon vs fat but it's more passive, as well as a version with SD Bisharp which lets it be more of a cleaner and more reliable revenge killer thanks to not being locked into sucker punch. It's a fun team that's won me a few roomtours so feel free to steal/edit/do whatever with it :)
Team E by M24
Pult+Moistshifu + Band Bisharp Bulky Offense

https://pokepast.es/f62497f7cb6c7a1c
:swampert: :bisharp: :dragapult: :urshifu-rapid-strike: :landorus-therian: :zapdos:

Swampert is an excellent partner for banded bisharp, being able to set up rocks and safely pivot bisharp in to launch some powerful knock offs. Assurance is the bane of every stall team once hazards are up, easily 2hkoing an itemless corviknight that thinks it's safe to switch in.
Dragapult and Moistshifu are strong special and physical breakers that are able to pivot with u-turn, also enabling bisharp.
Zapdos is an answer to grass spam teams which would otherwise be very troublesome for the team, and finally Landorus is a very potent wincon on unsuspecting teams with it's double dance set, as well as being a emergency switchin/sack for physical breakers that zapdos can't deal with.
Team F by seanah
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Defiance ♥
:bisharp::zapdos-galar: :landorus-therian: :latios::regieleki: :weavile:
(clicky for the import thanks ily)

Intro:

This team began with the fun idea of how to bait in the opponent's ground type with very little effort. This brought me to Regieleki + Defiant users, Bisharp and Zapdos-Galar, to bait in the most popular mon in the tier, Landorus-Therian

The Game Plan:

Bait your ladder opponent who will immediately click their ground type on Regieleki, where you then double switch into either one of your defiant users if that ground is Landorus, or you go to Weavile for Garchomp or Dragapult.

Playing as aggressively as possible from this point is crucial as this team heavily relies on momentum to keep itself going. Chipping down the threats with aggressive play will allow one of your sweepers to clean up endgame. After the ground is gone, Regieleki is a serious threat that becomes a nuisance for the opponent to deal with once you gain the advantage from before.

The Other Guys:

Landorus is the staple lead but can be used for other landorus things if needed. Using it later and going boom on the biggest threats to the team helped out immensely when testing.
Latios because the set is fun and will help beat pex + pairs nicely with bisharp.

you are relying solely on your opponent immediately clicking a ground on regieleki because it has no moves and is really bad, making it absolutely irresistible to click that juicy ground type. if this doesn't work you will most likely hold the fattest L of your life. also scarf fini is gonna kill everyone quite swiftly unless you use goatleki. biggest threat is that this team is super bad for your points unless you play incredibly reckless for an unnecessary advantage. Lastly, if you change the zapdos-g nickname u will def lose every game.

ok thanks for reading my stupid idea pce

this is my first post please go easy on me thank you c:
Team G by voyage

Bisharp @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Tornadus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Scale Shot

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

Rillaboom @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Hawlucha @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

CB Bisharp can really be a threat, he has a very offensive double type especially for those who do not fit his punches well. It is true that I can wear SR in Chomp but it seems like an innovative idea.

I needed something that would cover the fight and ground weakness of the Bisharp base pokemon while keeping the idea of playing offensive. It came to mind TornadusT NP + Knock Off seems like fire to me since, like the previous one, it can put pressure in addition to disabling more passive targets. It is a useful support.

Well, the next name is Garchomp, which as I said I don't have SR because I find it more useful as the last Scale slot than its other stab. Left on LO because I think I need that recovery per turn instead of more power. It helps me cover Torna's electrical and rock weaknesses.

Tapu Koko as an offensive pivot supporting me with Defog and Roost for a longer stay. You can push things like Tapu Fini that are a problem for Garchomp among others.

Finally, I have added Rilla + Hawlucha because offensively it seems like a good combination helping to eliminate threats like Pert, Hippowdon, Ferro or Tangrowth that are a problem for Koko. Grassy Surge + Grassy Seed is a good way to take advantage of all the potential they offer you.
You have 2 days to vote.

airfare

OUPL Champion
Bisharp's voting phase is over! Here are your votes:
D = B > G > F > A > E
F = A > C > D > B > E
C = F > A > D > B > G > E
C > B > A > D > E > G > F

After entering the votes here, the winner for this week is seanah! Congrats, your submission will be added to the archive.
Week 33: Hydreigon

Hydreigon is a great option on offensive and defensive teams alike, functioning as a potent wallbreaker while being one of the only reliable Heatran checks in the tier. You have until Monday to submit a team built around Hydreigon.​

Katy

Banned deucer.
Hydreigon Bulky Offense

:landorus-Therian: :corviknight: :slowking: :zeraora: :hydreigon: :dragapult:
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Dark Pulse
- Roost

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

this team is with offensive hydreigon and choice specs dragapult as the dual-dragon-core to pressure a lot of pokemon in the metagame. landorus-t and slowking are the core of choice, as they're both pretty good in the metagame with landorus-t knocking off pokemons items and slowking with creating momentum and forcing progress with future sight support. zeraora and corviknight work well together as a core, as corviknight handles rillaboom and kartana, and zeraora is a great electric immune alongside landorus-t. corviknight has brave bird, to dish out huge damage on volcarona, as this team has a weakness to it. but with dual knock off and brave bird-corviknight volcarona should be dealable with and with offensive pressure volcarona isnt able to get much opportunities. in overall this team is build with zeraora, hydreigon, and dragapult as breakers and with defensive support given by landorus-t, corviknight, and slowking.​

Nasty Plot Hydreigon + Urshifu Rapid Strike Bulky Offense

:urshifu: :corviknight: :zeraora: :landorus-therian: :hydreigon: :slowking-galar:

This team was built around nasty plot hydreigon since it’s a pretty good wall breaker in the ou meta and has the coverage to hit most of the Meta neutrally, roost was added for longevity and flash cannon was added to deal with clef and fairies and dark pulse is a great stab to hit everything else neutrally

I added urshifu rapid strike bc hydra struggles with blissey here and other special walls so I added it and urshifu rapid strike also benefits from hydra since hydra destroys slowtwins and grass types, urshifu also gives uturn momentum. These 2 overwhelmed a lot of things in the meta.

I added slowking galar because the team needed a koko counter and kyurem check and the given ev spread lives 3 shadow balls from specs timid dragapult. Earthquake is here to wall heatran also. It also gives future sight support that helps hydra and urshifu.

Corviknight was added here bc urshifu and hydra benefit from corvs uturn and they appreciate Defog support and the team struggles vs Rilla and kart so I added corv.

Team needed rocks and a ground type and needed a zeraora check so i added landot + also provides uturn and toxic to overwhelm things and provides a solid core with glowking and corviknight and benefits from urshifus uturn and hydras wallbreaking.

Zeraora was added here bc I needed some speed control and a knock off user while also offensively checking dragapult. Zeraora also provides voltturn and benefits a lot from hydra and urshifu since they both overwhelm its checks.
Have a great day!! :blobwizard:

Last edited:
WRATH OF DENNIS - A Hydreigon Offense Build
247EC4DD-79B5-459C-A3D7-2C6AC31988A2.jpeg

:hydreigon: :tapu_lele: :landorus_therian: :heatran: :scizor: :hawlucha:
Click above for the paste.

:bw/hydreigon:
Choice Specs Hydreigon doesn’t hit like a truck. It hits like 50 freight trains going at 1,000 miles per second. I chose a moveset of U-turn, Draco Meteor, Dark Pulse and Fire Blast to have good coverage and keep momentum on the team. The final move slot after U-turn and the STABs were difficult, but I used Fire Blast since I think this team handles Heatran very well and I needed the hit on Corviknight, who is immune to Earth Power, laughs at Flash Cannon and Draco Meteor, but doesn’t like Dark Pulse or Fire Blast. Fire Blast was a safe 50/50 for it staying in or switching to a partner like Clefable.
hail hydra.

:ss/tapu_lele:
After using Specs Hydreigon and not Scarf, I now needed a Dragapult check. Scarf Tapu Lele can’t switch into Shadow Ball, but it takes 0% from Draco Meteor and can OHKO with Moonblast. I used the standard moveset with Moonblast, Focus Blast, Psychic and Psyshock because it works out well.

:bw/landorus_therian:
The king of OU comes on this team as a Corviknight check, a secondary ground immunity and as the electric immunity. A set of Defog, U-turn, Knock Off and Earthquake makes for a great bulky Pokémon while the given spread maximizes Landorus’ HP, outruns utility Tapu Fini to escape Scald, and puts the rest into special defense to increase bulk on that side, since thanks to Intimidate, it has good physical bulk already.

:bw/heatran:
Heatran is the rocker for the team. It forms a beautiful defensive-offensive core with Lando, making stuff it might struggle with, like metal birds disappear. It also murders stall, and owns some mons on defense which may stop a rampage from any teammates. The standard set of Taunt, Magma Storm, Earth Power and Stealth Rock works very well here, as it is a bulky mon who can use the free turns it generates to set up rocks, taunt walls and temporarily trap something.

:bw/scizor:
I noticed this team struggled with Kyurem, so I picked up specially defensive Scizor who can also threaten Dragapult, keep momentum with u-turn, check the monke, have utility with Knock Off, and in general be a great tank with roost. Overall, this is a wonderful Pokémon who can take a hit and fire back.

:xy/hawlucha:
Hawlucha, while usually relegated to hyper-offense is a great fit for the team. It provides speed control in the form of Unburden, is a great endgame cleaner and is stopped by absolutely nothing when threats are gone.
The standard set of Swords Dance, Taunt, Acrobatics and Close Combat runs through weakened teams, and if Tapu Lele and/or Hydreigon is still alive, it also functions as a pretty good mid game wallbreaker.

Checks & Counters
Weavile may be something this team struggles with. In conjunction with its high speed, nothing wants to switch into Knock Off or Triple Axel. Corviknight also can switch into some Pokémon, however it can be overwhelmed. Dragapult may be an issue, as you have to pivot with Scizor and/or Heatran to get Tapu Lele in.

Overall, I hope you have fun with this team!

hail hydra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)