Entei @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz/Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Here we have an offensive set, but without CB because HD-B allows Entei to switch in&out repeatedly throughout the match.
Toxic is also a good way to cripple bulky Water types that are not affected by burn.
I really like Flare Blitz over Sacred Fire because with HD-B we are immune to hazards and we have more hp to work with, not to mention the extra PP and better base power&accuracy. The loss of a 47,5% accuracy burn (taking in account the accuracy of Sacred Fire) is huge, but 90% Toxic is much more reliable.

Last edited:

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
Howl + 3 Attacks
:ss/entei:
Entei @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Howl
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

Howl is Entei's only decent physical setup move, and it can allow it to clean up in the late-game and take advantage of teams that rely on it being Choice-locked and pivoting around it. Heavy-Duty Boots are preferred to avoid hazard damage, but Life Orb is a usable option given you're unlikely to be switching in and out that much. The coverage is obvious given Entei's limited offensive movepool.

Last edited:

LBN

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UPL Champion
So i didnt get pinged for this clearly but thankfully there's ONE (1) set left that actually makes me smile to look at and know how bad it is, and that is how you KNOW this mon doesnt have a fun movepool. Where's my meme moves i love to use man entei sucks.

Honorable mention to endure leichi but apparently +1 espeed cant crack past 50% on a bloody noivern GOD THIS MON BLOWS

Entei @ Power Herb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Fire Spin
- Calm Mind

Milotic, Gastrodon, Vaporeon (assuming no flip turn ig) take your pick. Pick a mon with a bloody movepool next time man damn

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
:ss/entei:
Entei @ Salac Berry :salac-berry:
Adamant Nature
- Howl
- Endure
- Reversal
- Sacred Fire

The typical Endure Salac strategy with Reversal, there's not much more about it.

:ss/volcanion:
With a wide movepool and a typing unique to itself only, Volcanion is a Pokemon with a lot of different options that it can pull off. Let's see Volcanion's versatility put to use!
Volcanion @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Protect / Defog / Substitute
- Toxic
Submissions are open until Sunday! Cheers!

:ss/volcanion:
Timid Nature / Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Sunny Day

Whatever set Volcanion is running it should have a way to cripple or beat bulky Water-type Pokemon like Gastrodon or Milotic. The combination of Sunny Day and Solar Beam is more obvious than power herb, however its not one time use and it strengthens Volcanion's Fire-type attacks. It also lets Volcanion make use of Heavy-duty boots, as opposed to Power Herb

Last edited:

LBN

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UPL Champion
Now THIS is what i like to see

Rent Free Milotic @ Hard Stone
Adamant Nature
- Flame Charge
- Liquidation
- Stone Edge
- Fling

You ever see those Starmie + Noivern cores that stop volcanion? Not anymore LOL just nuke em both into the Mariana Trench.

Flame Charge Volcanion

Modest/Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Flame Charge
- Earth Power

General idea
The general idea is to use Flame Charge on a predicted switch-out of the opponent in order to grab a +1 Spe boost, thus limiting the number of faster revenge killers.
The choice between Modest and Timid nature is the choice between power and speed.
Earth Power is picked as a coverage move.

This set needs a way to deal properly with bulky Waters.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)