Project SS RU Next Best Thing - On break

Aquarius Ghost ❤

Banned deucer.
Thanks to everyone who voted!!
Congratulations to Gatorboy for winning this week
Your set will be added to the Hall of Fame!
Anyway lets move on to week 3

This week is Zarude! In many peoples eyes Zarude is one of the most splashable pivots in RU.
Many people had thought it was broken. However, they dont know what else this amazing poke can do. SO LETS FIND SOME HEAT SETS!!!
Zarude @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Jungle Healing
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- U-turn

Zarude @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Submissons end next Friday at 2pm GMT -8!

Suicide Lead (aka Taunt) Zarude

Zarude @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Power Whip
- Taunt

Here we have a Zarude lead with Focus Sash due to the bad defensive typing and the secondary effect of Close Combat.
Close Combat + Power Whip is the dual STAB combination, whereas U-turn is here to keep the momentum.
Taunt is useful towards a plethora of pokemons reliant on status moves to annoy your team.

Last edited:

Aquarius Ghost ❤

Banned deucer.
Choice Scarf Zarude

Zarude @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- Close Combat
- U-turn
Sry man but scarf is a banned set, tbf it was my fault, I fogot to make it a banned set. Lol right when i made it a banned set u posted scarf. Im sorry for that! However, you still have a plethora of sets to chose from :D.

Last edited:

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
:ss/zarude:
Zarude @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- Jungle Healing

Bulk Up Zarude is a very interesting wincon due to its bulk, set up opportunities, and great power even after one bulk up. Zarude already forces a lot of switches, so it has ample opportunities to set up and get going. With Jungle Healing (and leftovers if you want to go that route) it has consistent recovery and can absolutely manhandle bulkier builds if you can force damage onto their Fairy-type.

You could also probably do this with a Specially Defensive Spread but I like the immediate power personally.

Gloves comin’ off for this shit
1611959741252.png
Zarude @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- Iron Tail
- Close Combat / U-turn

Banded Zarude is great against people who think it’s just a U-turn machine. Togekiss, probably the most confident switch-in, gets clapped by banded Iron Tail, which also catches stray Galarian Weezings. You could still U-turn but Close Combat’s the real stuff, straight OHKOs Cobalion with some luck and lets you lay out Steels and Incineroar for free.

252 Atk Choice Band Zarude Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 120+ Def Togekiss: 260-306 (69.5 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Zarude Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing-Galar: 196-232 (58.6 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Zarude Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 298-352 (92.2 - 108.9%) -- 50%(68.8% with Stealth Rock) chance to OHKO

-1 252 Atk Choice Band Zarude Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Incineroar: 214-254 (54.3 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Zarude Darkest Lariat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Noivern: 237-280 (76.2 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Zarude Darkest Lariat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Toxtricity: 264-312 (90.7 - 107.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Aquarius Ghost ❤

Banned deucer.
Zarude @ Psychic Seed
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Bulk Up
- Power Whip
- Jungle Healing

This set is mainly comprised of a terrain team. Tbf you can also use Grassy Seed Over Psychic Seed depending on your team. The reason I have Acrobatics on this set is because it is actually a boosted move when you dont have an item. Jungle Healing just provides recovery and to stay in the match longer. This set doesnt have darkiest lariat because this set basically can hit every other psyhcic in RU. Bulk up just boosts atk and defense p basic. Arco also targets opposing Zarudes.
+1 252 Atk Zarude Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 120+ Def Togekiss: 143-169 (38.2 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Togekiss Air Slash vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Zarude: 134-158 (38.1 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Sry man but scarf is a banned set, tbf it was my fault, I fogot to make it a banned set. Lol right when i made it a banned set u posted scarf. Im sorry for that! However, you still have a plethora of sets to chose from :D.
Jmash took the Choice Band set after I reserved it :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
but this time I feel generous and I decide to pick another one, ok?

Proof:
CB.png

Last edited:
Nasty Plot Zarude

1611990679869.png

Zarude @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Leftovers / Big Root
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Giga Drain / Energy Ball
- Mud Shot / Hyper Voice

Now its not know for its special offensive capabilities (because it doesn't really have any), but Zarude does get access to Nasty Plot - an immediate +2 boost compared to Bulk Up's slower offensive set-up (not trying to say Plot is better, just faster to set-up offense). Gone with max speed & offense and both STAB moves, where you can choose between healing or power with the Grass move. The last move is (where Zarude kinda runs out of special coverage) a toss-up between the speed-lowering Mud Shot, which will hit the Steel- & Electric-types for super-effective damage, or the substitute-bypassing Hyper Voice which will pass a bit more damage to the Flying-types that like to swap into Zarude.

As a little bonus, I'm sure someone can figure out a way to cleverly disguise this as Zoroark, as Plot & Dark Pulse are moves that this set shares with Zoroark.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)