Project SS RU Teambuilding Competition (Round 7: Swords Dance Spam Submissions!)

Round #4 - Fighting-type Spam!

This week will be something different! Instead of building around a certain Pokemon, you will have to now build a team with TWO Fighting-type Pokemon. (You'll get an extra point if you win and your team has THREE Fighting-types)
P.S. Due to the expectation of Inteleon and Slurpuff being banned by Sunday, please do not include either of these Pokemon in your builds.
Deadline for Submissions is Tuesday, May 19th at 11:59 P.M. GMT-4
Good luck and have fun :)​

Last edited:

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
:turtonator::virizion::scrafty::drednaw::vanilluxe::silvally-ghost:

The main idea with this team was to use cm Virizion + dd Scrafty to weaken each others checks. Virizion also serves as a check for Rotom-Mow, Inteleon and grounds, while an lo leaf storm always ohkoes physdef Sableye. Scrafty serves as a psychic immunity which allows it to check Indeedee in combination with Ghostvally. Silvally-Ghost punish Passimian that click cc to revenge Scrafty in order to sweep, although Ghostvally is interchangeable with a lot of other mons like Salazzle or Turtonator. Drednaw is the rocker as well as a Salazzle check, while Vanilluxe is the veil setter. Ninetales is a weakness as it blocks veil however, it is set-up bait for Turtonator although it is able to put it on a timer thanks to toxic. Turtonator carries earthquake in order to potentially remove any fire types without having to lower it's special attack.

Last edited:

DYA

not a weeb
is a Community Contributor
:gallade: :galvantula: :vanilluxe: :virizion: :bewear: :silvally:
Gallade (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Energy Ball
- Bug Buzz
- Sticky Web
- Thunder

Vanilluxe @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Taunt
- Freeze-Dry

Virizion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Focus Blast
- Leaf Storm
- Stone Edge

Bewear @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Drain Punch
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Defog
- Parting Shot
- Flamethrower
Averardo helped with the description since I had no idea what to say
This team is built around SD Gallade who I saw it was very fun to use in ladder. I wanted to pair it with webs since it is pretty good with them. Then I added a veil setter in Vanilluxe as I think it is good. After that I added a Virizion to complement the Fighting-spam core, I use Stone Edge over Giga Drain as Charizard can be annoying to deal with this team. I'm a big fan of Bewear so I also wanted to include it, since it's a webs team I decided to use a Banded set to exploit its wallbreaking potential. Silvally is a non-passive Psychic resist and helps to grab some momentum with Parting Shot.

Last edited:
:bewear: :passimian: :jellicent: :charizard: :steelix: :Drampa:
I chose Bewear and Passimian as my fighting duo because my idea was that Bewear could break teams early game and bring some mons in range of Passimian to clean up with Close Combat. Jellicent is the Fire and Fighting answer and general glue we all know what it does. Charizard covers the hazard control, secondary fight answer, Ninetales check, and can switch into most grasses. Steelix is the rocks setter, covers most electric types, and is a psychic switch-in. Drampa finishes the team as it there to answer ghosts and Rotom-Mow. Drampa also appreciates the pressure that is being put on Aromatisse by the fighting types to remove one of its better checks.
https://pokepast.es/14cc258255daa908

I didn't even plan for this team to be the one to submit haha, just happened to have 2 fighters on it. Anyway, I've been wanting to mess with Liechi Unburden Reversal Lee for a while now, so I decided to build around it. Premise was, what beats it? Priority, so I added Indeedee to the team, with its Psychic Terrain neutering priority. Now it also doubled as a specs wallbreaker. Now I know the terrain doesn't last forever, but the thought is there, and if Indeedee is still around it definitely helps Lee in the back. Malamar is actually scarf, helps with speed control, and another late snowballer with Superpower making it ridiculously hard to revenge kill if it gets going (ty @UmbraSoul for introducing it to me). Malamar also provides a dark typing so opposing Indeedee's can't spam Psychic all willy nilly, and has to watch out for it. Last move is Dbond, to try to get a fast surprise trade off if the case calls for it - overall Scarf Malamar is good. Now I added Spdef Jelly just to be able to sponge some special hits, and I haven't used it in a while bc of Vap around, so I decided it was time to try it out, and it's always a solid choice. Ghost typing helps a lot so opposing fighters can't spam their CC's without having to thing that Jelli might switch into it. Colbur can be used here, and I will always go back and forth between lefties and it, but the current build has lefties. Team then needed a set up threat, and since I already had a physical fighting type, added CM Viriz, and tbh I like it better than SD in the current meta as it can break through it's checks a lot easier with it's 3 moves (+ players always scout for SD first anyway, so free Air Slash chip on something is always nice). Lastly needed a rocker, and I just put Steelix there since it's also a mon I don't typically use. Steelix's do what it's always done, and it appreciates Jelli there to take on fighting and fires. I made this into a mini RMT lol.

Liechi Lee import

Round #4 - Voting Phase *click on the Team to the find the description/importable of the team* (sorry for the delay)

Team #1 - :turtonator::virizion::scrafty::drednaw::vanilluxe::silvally-ghost: by Mac3
Team #2 - :gallade: :galvantula: :vanilluxe: :virizion: :bewear: :silvally: by DYA
Team #3 -:bewear: :passimian: :jellicent: :charizard: :steelix: :Drampa: by The Amuse
Team #4 -:hitmonlee: :indeedee: :malamar: :jellicent: :virizion: :steelix: by Gatorboy

Deadline for Voting is Tuesday, May 26th at 11:59 PM GMT-4
*Remember that you may NOT vote for yourself if you have a submission*
*Also remember to vote for your top TWO favorite submissions*
GOOD LUCK :)​

The votes are in! (There was a tie for 1st and a tie for 3rd, I chose Mac3's team for 1st and Gatorboy's team for 3rd!)

Mac3 - 5
The Amuse - 4
Gatorboy - 4 (one vote is mine, The Amuse had 4 votes outside of mine so he gets second)
DYA - 3

Congratulations to Mac3 for coming in 1st, The Amuse for coming in 2nd, and Gatorboy for coming in 3rd!

Round 5 will be posted shortly!​

Last edited:

(click for paste)

:toxicroak:

Due to Toxicroak being the mon of the round, Toxicroak was my starting point in the builder.

:toxicroak:+:vaporeon:

Toxicroak partners amazingly with Vaporeon thanks to it providing wish support and a fire resist giving Toxicroak a more comfortable matchup vs Salazzle and Ninetales. Vaporeon is also able to dispatch bulky-ground types for Toxicroak like Rhydon and mudsdale. In return Toxicroak can take care of Pokemon like Vileplume, opposing Vaporeon, Jellicent, and Virizion for Vaporeon.

:toxicroak:+:vaporeon:+:rotom-mow:

Rotom-Mow provides the team with a scarfer and a secondary way to beat bulky-waters. Rotom also provides a ground immunity which helps Toxicroak out greatly. Rotom-Mow also helps pivot in Toxicroak easier against things that would usually switch in on it such as opposing Rotom-Mow, Virizion, and Snorlax.

:toxicroak:+:vaporeon:+:rotom-mow:+:rhydon:

I added Rhydon as another Salazzle answer and my Stealth Rocker. Rhydon is also able to break past bulkier mons with Swords Dance such as Snorlax which would be very overwhelming to play against without it. The given spread is capable of stomaching +2 Multi Attacks from Silvally forms that hit neutrally, the special defense investment prevents Salazzle from 2HKOing you at +2 with Fire Blast and turns it into a 3HKO after rocks, the attack is a jump point, and the speed outpaces Copperajahs with 164 EVs in speed.

:toxicroak:+:vaporeon:+:rotom-mow:+:rhydon:+:charizard:

Charizard provides the team with hazard removal and a fighting resist which is very valuable considering Snorlax and Rhydon are weak to fighting. Charizard also answers grass-types for Rhydon and Vaporeon which allows Rhydon to break much easier late game.

:toxicroak:+:vaporeon:+:rotom-mow:+:rhydon:+:charizard:+:snorlax:

Lastly I decided to use Snorlax thanks to it being a Solid Indeedee switch-in which would be an extremely painful matchup without it. Snorlax also answers fire-types which helps out Rotom-Mow and Toxicroak.​

Katy

Banned deucer.
Toxicroak Bulky Offense

:toxicroak: :snorlax: :steelix: :xatu: :raichu-alola: :rillaboom:

pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/782a94811fa866ca

explanation: this team is built around swords dance + 3 attacks toxicroak where toxicroak and raichu-alola perform as the main breakers.
toxicroak will find a lot of support and set-up oppurtunities with the help of xatu and rillaboom, which will bring it in safely with teleport / u-turn; same mention goes to raichu-alola. snorlax checks fire-types such as salazzle, ninetales and charizard and is very tough to remove as soon as it has a set-up via curse. since this team struggles against virizion and other fighting-type pokémon such as passimian and bewear xatu acts like a check to them and with the item rocky helmetit is annoying to face, especially for choice scarf-passimian and the physical variant of virizion, since they dont appreciate loosing health during the battle. steelix sets up stealth rock and is able to toxic bulkier pokémon and due to its steel-typing it doesnt get affected by a possible bounced back toxic due to magic bounce by opposing xatus. steelix is also the indeedee-m check and it also checks other psychic-types due to its good typing and gives a volt switch resist as well. rillaboom is the choice scarf-user and gives some speed-control for this team with a hard hitting wood hammer and good coverage-options in earthquake, knock off and u-turn. in overall this team has plenty of support for the 2 set-up pokémon toxicroak and raichu-alola and has also a third option in snorlax to break through opposing teams.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
:aromatisse::copperajah::dhelmise::quagsire::silvally-dragon::toxicroak:

This is a newer version of a team I've used in both of my seasonal series, winning both of the games I brought it to. The original thought process behind this team was that I wanted to use scarf Toxicroak's amazing revenge-killing ability to allow for a pretty fat build. I then decided to add Silvally-Dragon as I think its a really cool 'mon in this meta as it can put a lot of pressure on standard vapolix balances. In order to both trap steels, give me hazard control, and also a mowtom check I added Dhelmise. As its swords dance, if you're able to trap a toxic/iron defense Steelix, or a non-growth Vileplume, you can set up until you get to +6 atk and +6 spe, and most likely sweep the opponent's team. This was what happened in both of my seasonal games, moving on I wanted a solid fighting check, so I added Aromatisse, as that also gives wish support for Dragvally, while being able to cure team of status, like scald burns, toxics, or sleep from Dhelmise. I then needed a more solid way of beating Salazzle and Snorlax, so I added clear smog Quagsire to do both, while giving me another wincon with curse, it also makes the team safer against sd Bewear, which could otherwise pose serious issues. The spdef evs on Quagsire is so that it doesn't get 3hkoed by fire blast from Salazzle if the lefties have been knocked. During Inteleon meta, I had a Gastrodon here, so clear smog Gastrodon can also work in this slot. Lastly I added Copperajah in order to give me rocks, as well as an ice- and psychic-type resist.

Round #5 - Voting Phase *click on the team to find the description/importable of the team*

Team #1 - :toxicroak:+:vaporeon:+:rotom-mow:+:rhydon:+:charizard:+:snorlax: by Loom
Team #2 - :toxicroak: :snorlax: :steelix: :xatu: :raichu-alola: :rillaboom: by Katy
Team #3 - :aromatisse::copperajah::dhelmise::quagsire::silvally-dragon::toxicroak: by Mac3

Deadline for Voting is Monday, June 8th at 11:59 PM GMT-4
*Remember that you may NOT vote for yourself if you have a submission*
*Also remember to vote for ONE submission this time*
GOOD LUCK :)​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)