Project SS RU Teambuilding Competition - Round 8: Mimikyu

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
gonna vote for AKAmattherus bc it’s cool (also i cant vote for mine and there were 2 entries so this wasnt too hard a choice haha)

i like that he has more support vs Togekiss, which Durant can’t switch into - raikou + rhyp is more helpful for that task than my av reun + rhyp, since those can both get flinched. Spikes + knock + spin alongside durant also seems quite scary.

two suggestions i’d have are 1) a thousand arrows resist and 2) more speed control than fastest mon raikou/starmie.

overall, cool stuff!

i like the idea of the hone claws durant team more so my votes going for that but yeah definitely agree w what expulso said. team loses to zydog pretty badly but def has potential imo

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Apologies for the delay.

Expulso - 5
AKAmattherus - 3

Congratulations to Expulso for coming in 1st!

Round 4: Tornadus
:ss/tornadus:
With the recent banning of Thundurus, I would like the contestants to explore whether or not the other genie can pick up its mantle. Still having access to the famed knockturn combo, Tornadus also gets STAB flying type moves as well as access to Heat Wave. With the amount of Electric types that want their item, Tornadus might very well carve out a bigger niche in the current meta.

Voting starts Wednesday the 17th at 9pm GMT +1

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
Pivot Tornadus Balance

:ss/tornadus::ss/raikou::ss/golurk::ss/zarude::ss/registeel::ss/gastrodon:

Pivot Thundurus has left a gaping hole in many a builder, so I decided to try and fill that gap with pivot Torn. Of course, this does mean restructuring the team to check some things a bit better, most notably extra Togekiss insurance. That's where Raikou and Registeel come in. I didn't particularly want to use Registeel, but during the building process I realized I would need to use either Seismitoad or Gastrodon as my bulky water in order to properly check Raikou, which would make me very Cloyster weak, and the pure Steel-typing with Stealth Rock made it fit very easily, so Registeel made sense. Golurk takes advantage of pivot Torn and is a great nuke at the moment while giving some extra Toxtriticy buffer. CM+3a Raikou is the wincon, while Zarude acts as another pivot that Golurk can take advantage of. Gastrodon is there to consistently check Raikou and Darmanitan.

Last edited:

Mac3

:tornadus::cobalion::zarude::golurk::noivern::raikou:

This turned out very similar to Sputnik's, but its a bit more offensive. It's a pretty standard team all things considered though, Tornadus + Noivern form a really fun flying-spam core, placing insane pressure on the bulky steels/rocks. I also added the standard Cobalion + Zarude for good glue mons, giving my a Zarude counter and also a Zygarde-10% switch in, although it needs prediction. Then I added Raikou for a Togekiss answer, I decided on dual elec, aura sphere, and extrasensory as coverage as I wanted to limit Toxtricity's opportunities to come in, this is also why I opted to go for throat chop on Zarude. Lastly I added CB Golurk in order to take advantage of all the volturn shenanigans I had going on, I also wanted something to punish Reuniclus and Gbro, as I didn't want to fit a hazer like Milotic/Gastrodon.

Mac3

I apologize for the delay! Voting phase (click on teams for import)
Team #1 - :tornadus::raikou::golurk::zarude::registeel::gastrodon: - Sputnik
Team #2 - :tornadus::cobalion::zarude::golurk::noivern::raikou: - Mac3

Vote for 1 submission, and if you have a submission you may not vote for yourself. Voting ends Friday the 26th.

I vote for Sputnik's submission.

Mac3

Round 5: Polteageist

:ss/polteageist:

polteageist was one the primary abusers that led to the screens ban, being near impossible to beat when it had screens and misty terrain support. however, i'd like to see whether polteageist still works post-light clay, whether that be on screens, another form of hyper offense, or some other playstyle entirely.

Voting starts Tuesday 1st of June 9pm GMT+2.

Good pick Mace really brings the thread alive.
:ss/polteageist: :ss/Xurkitree: :ss/Zarude: :ss/Mimikyu: :ss/Weezing-galar: :ss/Seismitoad:
https://pokepast.es/31b3d9100d12cdd9

Not too much time this week so the team ain't great.

The premise of the team is Xurkitree and Poltegeist Polteageist can sometimes struggle to find set up opportunity. Xurkitree can pivot on just about everything to bring in Polteageist most of the pokemon that xurkitree can force Volt Switch on like Roserade, Celebi, and snorlax can be turned into set up oppurtunity by Polteageist. The team has a Swords Dance Mimikyu which can weaken Incineroar for Polteageist and be a generally good safety net. Stealth Rock Seismitoad is able to give Rocks and key defensive utility. Scarf Zarude can bring Xurkitree in and check opposing scarfers like Xurkitree. And to probably no ones suprise weezing-g is super potent with Poltegesist as in terrain it can more safely set up

Last edited:

Voyager

He didn't notice that the lights had changed
i decided to build webs. i am a very good person (i wanted to build hex paraspam but i couldnt be arsed)

:ribombee: :polteageist: :necrozma: :xurkitree: :lucario: and the heat :uxie:
https://pokepast.es/d08ab6d16c91f607

the idea was webs+polti+necro as neither polti or dd necro can ohko toge, so the combo could pressure it together. necro on webs is also excellent as it now beats both scarf zarude and scarf mienshao. xurk is the chosen electric cause its broken its great on webs, it also heavily pressures toge getting of a defog. lucario is a natural pick on webs and its typing helps a bunch with alot of stuff, such as dragon moves, zarude, golisopod and more. uxie is the heat pick as it sets rocks beats mienshao and also lets me get rocks vs even well played crobat structures, and checks cloyster, which the team is otherwise fucked by. also the team needed some flavour.

Last edited:

Mac3

:sharpedo::polteageist::roserade::seismitoad::togekiss::gardevoir:

i decided to pair teapot with shark in order to overwhelm zarude and take advantage of a possible incineroar with shark. after this i went roserade + seismitoad in order to give a good defensive core in addition to spikes and rocks to help shark and teapot sweep. the seismitoad is a bit more offensive in order to pressure noivern and the grasses, especially roserade as i don't have a great switch-in. after this i went togekiss in order to have a zarude counter and something to pressure bulky steels and fatter teams in general, lastly i went gardevoir as a scarfer in order to have healing wish and some speed control.

Again, I apologize for the delay, but here are the teams!

Team #1 - :polteageist::xurkitree::zarude::mimikyu::weezing-galar::seismitoad: - ywt
Team #2 - :ribombee::polteageist::necrozma::xurkitree::lucario::uxie: - Voyagar
Team #3 - :sharpedo::polteageist::roserade::seismitoad::togekiss::gardevoir: - mace

Vote for 1 submission, not your own, voting ends Saturday the 5th.

I vote for Voyagar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)