Project SS RU Teambuilding Lab V1 (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Could you guys build me a Trick Room :Stakataka: Stakataka team? Last gen RU was my only tier, and I remember TR to be really good. You could possibly fit in Alolan Marowak too. I'd like it to be more balanced team than straight up offence. Thanks in advance.

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
Requesting a Trick Room team with Stakataka + Alolan Marowak!
Hello. Could you guys build me a Trick Room :Stakataka: Stakataka team? Last gen RU was my only tier, and I remember TR to be really good. You could possibly fit in Alolan Marowak too. I'd like it to be more balanced team than straight up offence. Thanks in advance.
(damn science the voices, nice timing on your request)

hey, have 2 teams here for these requests. first one built by mac3, and the second one by me (or rather edited off of mac3's using his as a base)

Alola Form (mac3's team)
"My thought process when building trick room has always been to include as many offensive trick room (otr) mons as possible. This is why I started by including both Stakataka and Reuniclus. Then after reading something in RU chat seeing that Heracross was a big problem for trick room I added otr Aromatisse. After this I added trick room Porygon2 to give me a trick room setter that has some survivability as well, and as it has Teleport it can still provide momentum. I then added Machamp as a great trick room abuser, although sadly it doesn't get trick room itself. Lastly I needed a rocker and a electric check so Marowak-Alola was the perfect fit, although, you'll likely not even have to click rocks during the game."
~ mac3, 2020

Alola Form(my team)
will just explain the variations between this team and the other one, cuz its largely similar otherwise. changed discharge to ice beam on porygon2, this allows it to be able to more reliably handle thundurus, being able to 2hko with ice beam, as well as being able to chip steelix for the breakers on the team. made staka life orb for more damage and shuca was no longer as needed with the addition of mesprit. iron ball is also an option you can consider if you do not want to be taking life orb recoil w this, taking into account that most of the time you would be gyro balling bar in the situations when the opponent's steel is still up. adjusted marowak-alola to have substitute over stealth rock. personally felt like having rocks on one of the tr breakers seemed kinda suboptimal in some ways because it wont be making full use of trick room turns, and substitute is able to capitalise on the forced switches alolawak can create inside of tr, basically guaranteeing it an additional hit off once tr expires. speaking about mesprit, replaced reuniclus with it due to its access to stealth rock and healing wish. sr mainly so that i have a more natural way to get it up vs the opposition, and healing wish can be extremely useful to heal up one of the threatening breakers after you get up one more tr in the mid to late game. opted for u-turn for momentum and so you dont get walled by zarude. regidrago was added over machamp to ensure suicune does not just roll the team over, and additionally, with staka and alolawak exerting so much pressure vs the fairies, regidrago has potential in this team to just click and destroy the enemy's team, which is pretty cool. (oops my explanation went on quite long...)

hope you like the teams!

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
(damn science the voices, nice timing on your request)

hey, have 2 teams here for these requests. first one built by mac3, and the second one by me (or rather edited off of mac3's using his as a base)

Alola Form (mac3's team)
"My thought process when building trick room has always been to include as many offensive trick room (otr) mons as possible. This is why I started by including both Stakataka and Reuniclus. Then after reading something in RU chat seeing that Heracross was a big problem for trick room I added otr Aromatisse. After this I added trick room Porygon2 to give me a trick room setter that has some survivability as well, and as it has Teleport it can still provide momentum. I then added Machamp as a great trick room abuser, although sadly it doesn't get trick room itself. Lastly I needed a rocker and a electric check so Marowak-Alola was the perfect fit, although, you'll likely not even have to click rocks during the game."
~ mac3, 2020

Alola Form(my team)
will just explain the variations between this team and the other one, cuz its largely similar otherwise. changed discharge to ice beam on porygon2, this allows it to be able to more reliably handle thundurus, being able to 2hko with ice beam, as well as being able to chip steelix for the breakers on the team. made staka life orb for more damage and shuca was no longer as needed with the addition of mesprit. iron ball is also an option you can consider if you do not want to be taking life orb recoil w this, taking into account that most of the time you would be gyro balling bar in the situations when the opponent's steel is still up. adjusted marowak-alola to have substitute over stealth rock. personally felt like having rocks on one of the tr breakers seemed kinda suboptimal in some ways because it wont be making full use of trick room turns, and substitute is able to capitalise on the forced switches alolawak can create inside of tr, basically guaranteeing it an additional hit off once tr expires. speaking about mesprit, replaced reuniclus with it due to its access to stealth rock and healing wish. sr mainly so that i have a more natural way to get it up vs the opposition, and healing wish can be extremely useful to heal up one of the threatening breakers after you get up one more tr in the mid to late game. opted for u-turn for momentum and so you dont get walled by zarude. regidrago was added over machamp to ensure suicune does not just roll the team over, and additionally, with staka and alolawak exerting so much pressure vs the fairies, regidrago has potential in this team to just click and destroy the enemy's team, which is pretty cool. (oops my explanation went on quite long...)

hope you like the teams!
Thank you so much :D :psycry:
edit: i had this as a draft sry EEK

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:bw/magnezone:
Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Def / 64 SpA / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Magnet Rise

sup yall i been having trouble building around this set could yall help thx

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Specs Magnezone is a mon I'm having trouble building with fsr. I would love to see what you guys come up with!! (You guys are amazing for helping everyone out).
:bw/magnezone:
Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Def / 64 SpA / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Magnet Rise

sup yall i been having trouble building around this set could yall help thx
:magnezone::regidrago::zarude::thundurus::cobalion::noivern:

Hey, sorry for taking so long! I wanted to build something that took advantage of Magnezone's niche and not just a standard team with Magnezone as filler, which took a while. Specs Magnezone is sadly not very good right now in my opinion, Specs Analytic is a worse Toxtricity while Magnet Pull doesn't really trap anything that IronPress doesn't, however A floor Mat you can try Specs too with this team if you want. Seeing as the set Fusion Flare posted was perfect for trapping Steelix, Metagross, and Registeel, while it didn't trap Cobalion or Durant, I knew I wanted to pair it with something that took advantage of that, which led me to DD Regidrago. DD Regidrago is a very underrated sweeper that is able to break through the special set's most common counter, Togekiss, with extreme ease. After this I added Zarude to chip away at Cobalion and Togekiss for Regidrago, while also giving me great resistances and the start of a pivoting core. Following this, I added Thundurus as another way of taking advantage of Steelix being trapped by Magnezone, it also has amazing synergy with Zarude which was an added bonus. Now I needed rocks and a Zarude switch-in of my own, so Cobalion was a pretty obvious answer to these issues, while continuing the theme of volturn. Lastly, I wanted an additional Fire resist, another fighting resist and also an electric check, which really only left Noivern as an option, luckily, it would fit great here even if those resistances were unnecessary.

As this team doesn't have a volt immunity, you have to play aggressively against Xurkitree and Raikou. You could fix this by going Zygarde instead of Regidrago, but that leads me back to Magnezone becoming a filler, instead of an integral part of the team. :magnezone::ribombee::toxtricity::seismitoad::celebi::zygarde-10%: Here was another attempt at Magnezone, in tests, it's been an extremely fun team to play, but I don't think its as good as the other one, but there's no harm in posting it as well. Won't explain the team, follows similar structures as the prior one, if you have any questions about it, hmu on discord/ru chat.

A floor Mat

The Official Floor Mat of Rarley Used
:magnezone::regidrago::zarude::thundurus::cobalion::noivern:

Hey, sorry for taking so long! I wanted to build something that took advantage of Magnezone's niche and not just a standard team with Magnezone as filler, which took a while. Specs Magnezone is sadly not very good right now in my opinion, Specs Analytic is a worse Toxtricity while Magnet Pull doesn't really trap anything that IronPress doesn't, however A floor Mat you can try Specs too with this team if you want. Seeing as the set Fusion Flare posted was perfect for trapping Steelix, Metagross, and Registeel, while it didn't trap Cobalion or Durant, I knew I wanted to pair it with something that took advantage of that, which led me to DD Regidrago. DD Regidrago is a very underrated sweeper that is able to break through the special set's most common counter, Togekiss, with extreme ease. After this I added Zarude to chip away at Cobalion and Togekiss for Regidrago, while also giving me great resistances and the start of a pivoting core. Following this, I added Thundurus as another way of taking advantage of Steelix being trapped by Magnezone, it also has amazing synergy with Zarude which was an added bonus. Now I needed rocks and a Zarude switch-in of my own, so Cobalion was a pretty obvious answer to these issues, while continuing the theme of volturn. Lastly, I wanted an additional Fire resist, another fighting resist and also an electric check, which really only left Noivern as an option, luckily, it would fit great here even if those resistances were unnecessary.

As this team doesn't have a volt immunity, you have to play aggressively against Xurkitree and Raikou. You could fix this by going Zygarde instead of Regidrago, but that leads me back to Magnezone becoming a filler, instead of an integral part of the team. :magnezone::ribombee::toxtricity::seismitoad::celebi::zygarde-10%: Here was another attempt at Magnezone, in tests, it's been an extremely fun team to play, but I don't think its as good as the other one, but there's no harm in posting it as well. Won't explain the team, follows similar structures as the prior one, if you have any questions about it, hmu on discord/ru chat.
Thanks for the teams Mac3, these teams are very cool and clearly have a lot of thought put into them so dont worry about the time!!! I'm looking forward to body pressing the ladder!!!!!!

Mac3

I would like to request a shell smash cloyster team
Hey, sorry for taking a while, anyway;

:klefki::cloyster::slurpuff::thundurus::necrozma::flygon:
I knew with this request I wanted to build screens, both because I hadn't tried building screens in a while, and also because it's the playstyle Cloyster fits best on, in my opinion. So to start off I added Klefki, as it's the best screen setter, then I added Slurpuff and Necrozma, as they weaken steels together with Cloyster, so that eventually one of them will sweep the opposing team. After this I added Thundurus For some speed control and an extremely dangerous breaker, lastly I wanted an electric immunity so I added DD Flygon. Hope you like the team, again sorry for taking so long.

I knew with this request I wanted to build screens, both because I hadn't tried building screens in a while, and also because it's the playstyle Cloyster fits best on, in my opinion. So to start off I added Klefki, as it's the best screen setter, then I added Slurpuff and Necrozma, as they weaken steels together with Cloyster, so that eventually one of them will sweep the opposing team. After this I added Thundurus For some speed control and an extremely dangerous breaker, lastly I wanted an electric immunity so I added DD Flygon. Hope you like the team, again sorry for taking so long.
Thank you so much but one more little request for this, could I have the team as a pokepaste. If its too much work for you, that’s fine but if you could it would be greatly appreciated

Thank you so much, I made my friend so salty while testing it out for the first time

I'd like to request a team around using this Toxicroak set (its okay if you want to alter the set slightly to fit the team better)

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball

I know its a bit of a niche set, but i'd love to see a team focused around it's unique qualities!

Batzi

“I’m Cosmo Kramer, the Assman!”
is a Tiering Contributor

ObstaKiss BO for you yugon.exe!

This team wasn't too hard to build. You had a good idea for a core right off the bat with Togekiss and Obstagoon.
and
is your starting core and they'll do their job well, I'll guarantee that. Standard set for Togekiss with Serene Grace helping Air Slash to go with reliable Roost, Defog for hazard control, and Heal Bell. The speed allows it to creep Jolly/Timid base 55s. Obstagoon's set is also rather standard with Guts Flame Orb. STAB Facade and Knock to go with Close Combat for bulkier Steel types. I originally had Parting Shot here as the 4th, but thanks to Mac3 and MrAldo's ideas for Obstruct to scout potential choiced mons, that's what we/I decided on. Goon is also one of your best ways to beat Galarbro.
is your rocker as well as fairy resist (your only one at that). It is also your volt immunity and should be handled with care since stuff like Xurkitree and Mowtom can hit it with their respective Grass moves. Nonetheless, Lix will do its job.
is used mostly as your Fire resist (Darm, Entei, and Incineroar too). This needs to be handled with care as well since you have no other Fire resists. Standard set on this thing with Scald and Recover. Flip Turn is there too for slow pivoting if need be. Toxic is an option over Flip Turn if you feel an extra Toxic user is more warranted. Haze comes in handy too for those pesky would be setup sweepers.
serves as your scarfer and one of two ways to beat Suicune and Milotic. As with any scarfer, be careful with your move selection. Standard scarf moves with TBolt, EBall, Gleam, and Volt. Lastly,
gives you an extra defense against the electrics of the meta like Xurk and Raikou. Itemless, I feel, is the best way to go to avoid getting picked off by opposing Poltergeists. Decidueye also works as a Ground resist for stuff like Rhyperior and the like. Also an important note, Decidueye is another great way to beat Slowbro-G!

I hope you enjoy it!!​
Thanks! Sorry I only just saw this now, I had too many notifications and missed it.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
could someone build a team with swords dance lucario that is not hyper offense? I'm really having a hard time building a team with him. Thanks in advance

Pretty tough request ngl. Lucario is certainly a very niche pick that only really works with pretty heavy offenses, so there is an hybrid that can work as a Bulky Offense but still uses Hyper Offensive "gimmicks" to support Lucario. I have always liked tailwind and proper use of the move can turn the tide on a game very easily. Lucario is a real neat wallbreaker tbh, just really needy of support. Lucario makes good use of the tailwind early-game to just press close combat and meteor mash then late game is just cleanly with espeed. Incineroar is a neat pivot and necessary ghost alongside lucario to bring it safely versus something like a rhyperior. The speed takes into consideration tailwind since it outspeeds scarf heracross under tailwind, could come handy. Toxtricity is another slow unwallable breaker that with tailwind can just finish a team up. Straight forward set just with life orb over specs for added flexibility. Whimsicott and Noivern provide the tailwind support, and we using noivern cause the added speed tier is nice over something like tornadus, and whimsicott adds priority tailwind for the clutch and a soft zygarde check (could run some more bulk tbh if needed). Rhyperior just complements the team through added sturdiness and an excellent darm check

Hope you like it! Really tough so hopefully the efforts were worth it, now press some buttons

I'd like to request a team around using this Toxicroak set (its okay if you want to alter the set slightly to fit the team better)

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball

I know its a bit of a niche set, but i'd love to see a team focused around it's unique qualities!

I really think a set like that would need focus blast, but the team ended up well with the set so guess we can let it slide. NP Croak is weird tbh, think swords dance is way better overall but vacuum wave has interesting targets like Sharpedo so we supported a team mainly focused to overwhelm on the special side alongside Raikou and Chandelure. Choice Band Zarude cause a team like this would really appreciate the power behind it instead of boots which is a flygon 2.0, and we already have a flygon! Speaking of which, Scarf is good and helps glueing the team together, no much to explain on the set since it is pretty self explanatory. Raikou provides solid electric check and calm mind user, metagross is the rocker of choice for different flavor and still being pretty effective at the rocker job. Chandelure adds an important fire immunity so some stuff dont be going for free fire moves you feel me.

Hope you enjoy!

I would like to request a team with Bewear.
View attachment 307978

Moves: Double Edge, Swords Dance, Close Combat, Darkest Lariat
Item: Silk Scarf
Ability: Fluffy
EV's: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe

Really appreciate it!

Chople Berry is better for this meta, doesnt provide it as many freedoms as the NU metagame does. It needs this berry to stand out vs stuff like a cobalion which needs to be lured on this build or heracross and stuff. Hope you dont mind but the resist is by far the most optimal choice. Seismitoad is a no brainer as a rocker, fantastic partner to cover for the fire weakness and amazing rocker in general. Haunter is the most outlandish but it has the purpose of being a ghost able to outspeed stuff like togekiss and pressure/kill it, a way to make sure toxtricity doesnt spam boombursts freely and overall a pretty decent wallbreaker versus like glowbro builds so yeah. Protect is for scouting and general protection, redundancy aside, since it is pretty prone to get revenge killed by any scarfer. Noivern provides a great pivot and phenomenal speed tier to revenge kill stuff like a pseudo scarfer of sorts. Klefki gives spikes which the rest of the team appreciates and an important set of resistances and status spam for bewear to do its thing like thunder wave. Scarf Zarude rounds up the team for psychic immunity, additional pivot and solid speed control. Rock Slide over CC cause hitting noivern harder is essential for this build.

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers!

Pubo

bom dia
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Pretty tough request ngl. Lucario is certainly a very niche pick that only really works with pretty heavy offenses, so there is an hybrid that can work as a Bulky Offense but still uses Hyper Offensive "gimmicks" to support Lucario. I have always liked tailwind and proper use of the move can turn the tide on a game very easily. Lucario is a real neat wallbreaker tbh, just really needy of support. Lucario makes good use of the tailwind early-game to just press close combat and meteor mash then late game is just cleanly with espeed. Incineroar is a neat pivot and necessary ghost alongside lucario to bring it safely versus something like a rhyperior. The speed takes into consideration tailwind since it outspeeds scarf heracross under tailwind, could come handy. Toxtricity is another slow unwallable breaker that with tailwind can just finish a team up. Straight forward set just with life orb over specs for added flexibility. Whimsicott and Noivern provide the tailwind support, and we using noivern cause the added speed tier is nice over something like tornadus, and whimsicott adds priority tailwind for the clutch and a soft zygarde check (could run some more bulk tbh if needed). Rhyperior just complements the team through added sturdiness and an excellent darm check

Hope you like it! Really tough so hopefully the efforts were worth it, now press some buttons

I really think a set like that would need focus blast, but the team ended up well with the set so guess we can let it slide. NP Croak is weird tbh, think swords dance is way better overall but vacuum wave has interesting targets like Sharpedo so we supported a team mainly focused to overwhelm on the special side alongside Raikou and Chandelure. Choice Band Zarude cause a team like this would really appreciate the power behind it instead of boots which is a flygon 2.0, and we already have a flygon! Speaking of which, Scarf is good and helps glueing the team together, no much to explain on the set since it is pretty self explanatory. Raikou provides solid electric check and calm mind user, metagross is the rocker of choice for different flavor and still being pretty effective at the rocker job. Chandelure adds an important fire immunity so some stuff dont be going for free fire moves you feel me.

Hope you enjoy!

Chople Berry is better for this meta, doesnt provide it as many freedoms as the NU metagame does. It needs this berry to stand out vs stuff like a cobalion which needs to be lured on this build or heracross and stuff. Hope you dont mind but the resist is by far the most optimal choice. Seismitoad is a no brainer as a rocker, fantastic partner to cover for the fire weakness and amazing rocker in general. Haunter is the most outlandish but it has the purpose of being a ghost able to outspeed stuff like togekiss and pressure/kill it, a way to make sure toxtricity doesnt spam boombursts freely and overall a pretty decent wallbreaker versus like glowbro builds so yeah. Protect is for scouting and general protection, redundancy aside, since it is pretty prone to get revenge killed by any scarfer. Noivern provides a great pivot and phenomenal speed tier to revenge kill stuff like a pseudo scarfer of sorts. Klefki gives spikes which the rest of the team appreciates and an important set of resistances and status spam for bewear to do its thing like thunder wave. Scarf Zarude rounds up the team for psychic immunity, additional pivot and solid speed control. Rock Slide over CC cause hitting noivern harder is essential for this build.

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers!
thanks bro!

Hope you enjoy!

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers!
this is really cool, thanks! I'll experiment with using focus blast and vacuum wave to see which one works better (edit) you were right about focus blast, i really overestimated the speed of most of the pokemon in ru

Last edited:

Mac3

i would like to request a team with cm reuniclus
:reuniclus::cobalion::zygarde-10::milotic::noivern::roserade:
I decided to start by pairing Reuniclus with helmet Cobalion as that way you're able to chip Zarude and other 'mons that'll uturn on Reuniclus. I then added Zygarde as its a great glue 'mon as a check to electrics and fires. After this I decided to add Milotic as it's a sturdier fire resist and brings some solidity to the team, and also has a momentum grabbing move, unlike Gastrodon. I then added Roserade for spikes and a more solid electric and water check, and lastly added Noivern for some speed control and an additional fighting and Zarude check.

Hey guys, could you build me a stall/semistall built around snorlax. Idrk how good it is, but I think lax+spikes sounds really good. I’d be cool w curse lax or ww lax, just a lax would be dope, pls and ty.
:snorlax::dhelmise::togekiss::golisopod::salazzle::steelix:
Starting off with Snorlax I decided to go Golisopod as the spiker in order to get a Zygarde switchin as well as some speed control in the form of first impression. After this I knew I wanted a cleric and added Togekiss in order to get one, as it also gave me a wishpasser. The next additions were Steelix and Dhelmise as they give my team a way of beating electric types while also providing rocks and hazard control. Lastly, with thanks to Aldo, I added Salazzle for some speed control and a way of pressuring other fat teams.

Danny

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ZU Circuit Champion
:snorlax::dhelmise::togekiss::golisopod::salazzle::steelix:
Starting off with Snorlax I decided to go Golisopod as the spiker in order to get a Zygarde switchin as well as some speed control in the form of first impression. After this I knew I wanted a cleric and added Togekiss in order to get one, as it also gave me a wishpasser. The next additions were Steelix and Dhelmise as they give my team a way of beating electric types while also providing rocks and hazard control. Lastly, with thanks to Aldo, I added Salazzle for some speed control and a way of pressuring other fat teams.
Thanks brother been loving ru, will test this team out!

Hello, I would like to build a sword dance lucario ru team, I've been trying to go hyper offense but I don't know if I'm going wrong somewhere, lucario is my favourite ru pokemon for having a flexible movepool and cool design. I would very much appreciate your help please and thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)