Project SS RU Teambuilding Lab V1 (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheGaurdian05 and NotACheeseWaifu this request works for both of you

:rotom-mow::inteleon::slowbro::coalossal::umbreon::silvally-fairy:

I decided to pair Rotom-Mow and Inteleon with Slowbro-Galar as its able to come in on all our grass types, which either wall Rotom, or threaten Inteleon. Rotom-Mow is trick nasty plot as Inteleon is fine speed control, but having a scarf in certain matchups is useful, either to trick away or to revenge 'mons. I then wanted a Scrafty check so I added Silvally-Fairy, this also adds to the volt-turn core of the team which is pretty interesting. Next I added Coalossal for a fire, and secondary fairy resist, it also gives me stealth rocks and hazard removal. The last 'mon I added was Umbreon in order to pass wishes, give cleric support, and a spdef wall for Inteleon and dragons. Hope y'all enjoy the team!
Thanks for the team pal, have a great day!

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
:dragalge::umbreon::bronzong::mantine::quagsire::tangela:
Aquarius Ghost ❤

As Dragalge is a great Rotom-Mow counter by itself I decided off the bat I could go for stuff other than Eldegoss/Steelix. This meant I decided to go for heatproof trick Bronzong in order to get a very good Gardevoir counter, as well as a counter to opposing Dragalge or dragons in general. I decided to go rest on both Dragalge and Bronzong as the only hazard control I have is Mantine, this also meant I went for HDB Umbreon and Quagsire. Haze Mantine is amazing for bulky cm'ers like Slowbro and Drampa. The last two 'mons, Quagsire and Tangela, I added for fighting counters, as Tangela beats cb Bewear while Quagsire beats the rest of the fightings, especially paired with Mantine. Tangela also gives a counter to Poltergeist 'mons like Golurk, which have been used as a way to beat stall on a lot of teams in my experience. Hope you like the team!

I decided to pair Rotom-Mow and Inteleon with Slowbro-Galar as its able to come in on all our grass types, which either wall Rotom, or threaten Inteleon. Rotom-Mow is trick nasty plot as Inteleon is fine speed control, but having a scarf in certain matchups is useful, either to trick away or to revenge 'mons. I then wanted a Scrafty check so I added Silvally-Fairy, this also adds to the volt-turn core of the team which is pretty interesting. Next I added Coalossal for a fire, and secondary fairy resist, it also gives me stealth rocks and hazard removal. The last 'mon I added was Umbreon in order to pass wishes, give cleric support, and a spdef wall for Inteleon and dragons. Hope y'all enjoy the team!
Thanks Mac3!

Aquarius Ghost ❤

Banned deucer.
:dragalge::umbreon::bronzong::mantine::quagsire::tangela:
Aquarius Ghost ❤

As Dragalge is a great Rotom-Mow counter by itself I decided off the bat I could go for stuff other than Eldegoss/Steelix. This meant I decided to go for heatproof trick Bronzong in order to get a very good Gardevoir counter, as well as a counter to opposing Dragalge or dragons in general. I decided to go rest on both Dragalge and Bronzong as the only hazard control I have is Mantine, this also meant I went for HDB Umbreon and Quagsire. Haze Mantine is amazing for bulky cm'ers like Slowbro and Drampa. The last two 'mons, Quagsire and Tangela, I added for fighting counters, as Tangela beats cb Bewear while Quagsire beats the rest of the fightings, especially paired with Mantine. Tangela also gives a counter to Poltergeist 'mons like Golurk, which have been used as a way to beat stall on a lot of teams in my experience. Hope you like the team!
thex mac3

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i'd like to request a team with specs virizion
or

First team is full bait in steel or spdef walls for gallade or virizion to break through stuff. Second one team functions more like a standard-ish team with dragalge and viriz paving way for a sneasel cleanup. Couldnt decide which one so have them both and see which one you prefer.
I would like to request a Trick Room team built around Bronzong, Rhyperior and Galarian Slowbro.

Too many restrictions by already forcing 3 mons so I did what I could here. Scarfer cause you need speed outside of trick room. Rest is pretty self explanatory Id say. Going itemless on the galarbro is an option.
i'd like to request a aurora veil team that uses vaniluxe as the setter

Love me some cheese. Vanilluxe + Druddigon for your grass check plus mold breaker to fuck over xatu + 4 pretty efficient setup sweepers. Doesnt get more straightforward than that. Go throw some peeps for a ride.

Hope everyone enjoy!

I'd like to request a team with Sighiliphy

(click on the team for the importable)

This team revolves around sweeping with Calm Mind + Flame Orb/Psycho Shift Sigilyph. I first paired Sigilyph with Virizion as it can break through Dark-types and Rock-types that Sigilyph struggles with. To finish off the offensive core, I decided to go with Inteleon for not only speed control and momentun but also as an additional breaker to help Sigilyph. For the defensive backbone, I wanted to use Steelix + Mantine as its a fantastic core that supports both Stealth Rock as well as hazard removal. For the last 'mon, I decided to go with Umbreon as it gives the team an additional check to Pokemon like Dragalge and it also provides the team with cleric support as it's pretty weak to status and residual damage. The team is solid overall but it's fairly weak to the same Virizion set and Toxicroak thus why Mantine is sporting Hurricane.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to request a HO team with Hitmonlee + Indeedee psych terrain, I think it could be pretty strong rn but would need something to check Mantine and Runerigus, not sure if Rune is used a whole lot since I havent played any RU since pre-dlc, but thanks in advance!
52Gambit Here you go: https://pokepast.es/cf7a23f62f5e8675
Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 7.16.22 PM.png

This is more of a regular offense than a hyper offense, but hopefully it works for you.

:indeedee-f: :hitmonlee: I started with Indeedee-F + Hitmonlee, because that just makes sense. 180 Speed EVs on Hitmonlee lets you outspeed up to Scarf Modest Inteleon (you need to go Jolly to beat Timid Scarf Inteleon, which is not worth it); this range includes every other relevant scarfer. Stone Edge on Hitmonlee lets you take out Mantine, Knock lets you hit Slowbro-Galar and misc. other mons like Runerigus/Golurk, and CC is obvious. This set of coverage (no EQ) means you can struggle to take on a Dragalge from full, but ...
:rotom-mow: Rotom-Mow does an excellent job of baiting it out and making it take enough chip damage. It's also just a great pivot in general, giving you plenty of opportunities to bring Indeedee on the field to set terrain or get Lazzle in to wear down their defensive backbone. NP is extremely tough to switch into, used Wisp as 4th move bc we are Spike stacking and dont need defog. You can also go Pain Split or Thunderbolt in the fourth slot.
:Seismitoad: was added to give the team a Rocker and check Salazzle + Inteleon/Barraskewda, which can be a pain in the ass for offensive teams to switch into. It's pretty offensive (SR + 3Atks); Ice Punch isnt OHKOing Virizion or Rotom-Mow, but it chips them enough that you only give them 1 chance to come in, which is nice. The speed lets you outspeed max speed Timid Dragalge and max Adamant Golurk, while the Attack is enough to always 2HKO max hp / max+ def Slowbro-Galar and OHKO max HP Dragalge after SR. The remaining EVs go to HP to help its bulk.
:Klefki: Klefki was added to help chip defensive teams with Spikes and to switch into Dragon and Fairy-type attacks from wallbreakers like Gardevoir, Goodra, and Dragalge. Since Klefki is your only Garde / Dragon switch-in (as is the case for offense sometimes), I made this Occa Berry so they cant KO you with Mystical Fire / Fire Blast after one easy prediction.
:Salazzle: finally, Salazzle was slapped on in order to 1) wear down opposing walls with Toxic and 2) give this team a fighting check; it just applies good pressure while offensively checking potentially troublesome mons like Virizion and Silvally-Fairy.

Enjoy!!

Last edited:

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi! I'm starting to learn RU, and one of my favorite mons this gen happens to be RU atm. According to the RU room, it's viable so here it is:

Any viable standard set works for me, I'm not nitpicky with the set. I would prefer some sort of B/O but balance I guess works as well. Thanks in advance!
Hey there Sickist, here is your Tauros team that you wanted!

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/bbbcb5a1fd9bfcb0

Tauros icon
is the mon you wanted a team built around and I went with what I believe the be the standard set for it. Body Slam for STAB, Throat Chop does get the Sheer Force + LO boost fwiw and helps with stuff like Bronzong and ghosts of course. Zen Headbutt and Close Combat being there for pretty much perfect coverage.
Klefki icon
is here mainly for Spikes. It wasn't going to be my idea but MrAldo insisted lol. This should also be your switch in for mons like Dragalge and Goodra (not on Fire Blast ofc). TWave and Toxic are there for support when you need it to be.
Dhelmise icon
is your hazard control (spinner) as well as fighting check. Standard STABs in Poltergeist and Power Whip while Rapid Spin is there for hazards and Synthesis is there for longevity. Occa Berry is not exactly the optimal choice for an item here but it lets it live 1 Fire Blast from Ninetales or Salazzle and then hit right back with Poltergeist for massive damage (possibly OHKOs).
Seismitoad icon
is your rocker and physical wall of sorts. Standard set on this toad boi as well with dual STABs and Toxic for support on stuff like Mowtom.
Sigilyph icon
is here mainly as a fighting check as well as a Plume check too. It can technically check Sableye too with Gleam. Obviously, you don't want to manually switch this thing in at all due to its frailty, so use it with caution. Lastly,
Passimian icon
is your scarfer since the team needed some speed control. It also helps take on the many Steels we have and make Tauros' job easier so it doesn't have to use CC instead of Body Slam. Also be aware that this is your only pivot on the team and will need to make some good doubles when it comes to certain matchups.

I hope you like the team! :blobthumbsup:

Hey there Sickist, here is your Tauros team that you wanted!

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/bbbcb5a1fd9bfcb0

Tauros icon
is the mon you wanted a team built around and I went with what I believe the be the standard set for it. Body Slam for STAB, Throat Chop does get the Sheer Force + LO boost fwiw and helps with stuff like Bronzong and ghosts of course. Zen Headbutt and Close Combat being there for pretty much perfect coverage.
Klefki icon
is here mainly for Spikes. It wasn't going to be my idea but MrAldo insisted lol. This should also be your switch in for mons like Dragalge and Goodra (not on Fire Blast ofc). TWave and Toxic are there for support when you need it to be.
Dhelmise icon
is your hazard control (spinner) as well as fighting check. Standard STABs in Poltergeist and Power Whip while Rapid Spin is there for hazards and Synthesis is there for longevity. Occa Berry is not exactly the optimal choice for an item here but it lets it live 1 Fire Blast from Ninetales or Salazzle and then hit right back with Poltergeist for massive damage (possibly OHKOs).
Seismitoad icon
is your rocker and physical wall of sorts. Standard set on this toad boi as well with dual STABs and Toxic for support on stuff like Mowtom.
Sigilyph icon
is here mainly as a fighting check as well as a Plume check too. It can technically check Sableye too with Gleam. Obviously, you don't want to manually switch this thing in at all due to its frailty, so use it with caution. Lastly,
Passimian icon
is your scarfer since the team needed some speed control. It also helps take on the many Steels we have and make Tauros' job easier so it doesn't have to use CC instead of Body Slam. Also be aware that this is your only pivot on the team and will need to make some good doubles when it comes to certain matchups.

I hope you like the team! :blobthumbsup:
Thanks a bunch man! I appreciate it!

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
Hey all! I'd like to request a team built around these two;

:centiskorch:

Centiskorch @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Lash
- Leech Life
- Knock Off
- Power Whip

:virizion:

Any Virizion build is fine, whatever makes the most sense within the team comp.

Thank you!

Hello. I dont know anything about RU so could i have a team with np galarian slowbro with regenerator.
If they don't have bad synergy ( if they do never mind ill do without him ) could i have klefky in the team too plz because its a mon that i like playing in uu7g ?
Thanks in advance

Now that Mow is banned, any good replacement you can think of?

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Now that Mow is banned, any good replacement you can think of?
Downright replacing it is tricky cause rotom-mow was very unique in terms of what it did for a team. Mons that could replace it right away would be like heliolisk but you lose the ground immunity, vikavolt but then you lose on the speed control, and other type of rotom (rotom-frost for example) is the most direct one but sadly the other ones are weak to rocks so thats somewhat annoying. Think you can survive by putting scarf rotom-frost in there (even though blizzard is to die of heart attack) but it can work on that build. Losing the water resist blows but still workable.

Double Speedy Lizard Offense (Heliolisk + Inteleon) is a concept that can definitely work but requires a makeover, let us know if you would be interested on that. For now adjust, you can vikavolt then like scarf gardevoir over the silvally-fairy to somewhat similar results, but again a makeover would be better all around

Tl;dr: replacing rotom-cut is tough, man.

MrAldo

Hey
Hey all! I'd like to request a team built around these two;

:centiskorch:

Jolly Nature
- Fire Lash
- Leech Life
- Knock Off
- Power Whip

:virizion:

Any Virizion build is fine, whatever makes the most sense within the team comp.

Thank you!

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Lash
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
- Overheat

Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Air Slash
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Body Press
- Head Smash

Drapion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail

Inteleon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Air Slash
- Psycho Shift
- Roost

Paired Centiskorch with like Calm Mind Viriz since it has the better odds to overpower non AV Galarbro so thats cool. Overheat on the centi is for bewear. Steelix is an excellent rocker and can trade versus a good amount of things. SD Drapion pairs really well for the initial core as a breaker, tspikes absorber, poltergeist resist and ground type lure. Scarf Inteleon... not the most conventional scarfer but it definitely gets the job done, outspeeds the whole meta, extremely strong and torrent boosted stabs can be really nice at cleaning. Calm Mind Psycho Shift cause it is broken, beats almost all of its counters etc etc. Any issues let me know. Enjoy!

Hello. I dont know anything about RU so could i have a team with np galarian slowbro with regenerator.
If they don't have bad synergy ( if they do never mind ill do without him ) could i have klefky in the team too plz because its a mon that i like playing in uu7g ?
Thanks in advance

Slowbro-Galar @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 16 SpA / 96 SpD / 32 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Scald
- Slack Off

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam

Lycanroc @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Accelerock
- Crunch

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 224 HP / 172 Atk / 8 Def / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Liquidation
- Earthquake
- Power Whip

Xatu
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Roost

Gourgeist-Small @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Frisk
Adamant Nature
- Poltergeist
- Power Whip
- Explosion
- Trick

Sludge Bomb + Scald is the best all around combination for 2 attacks slowbro so we went with that. Klefki makes for a really good partner so nice. Lycanroc is an excellent wincon that takes advantage of spikes, seismitoad is a great rocker with amazing synergy with klefki and possess great coverage moves. Water/Ground/Grass hits pretty much the whole tier. Xatu is the pivot of choice and helps vs golurk and to bring lycanroc safely and last it should have been a rotom-cut cause you could slap that shit on anything but thats not the reality we face today so we went for something pretty unorthodox which is scarf gourgeist. Small cause it can run adamant while outspeeding scarf indeedee and possibly scarf croak while being stronger than the regular one.

Have fun!

Cheers!

Jolly Nature
- Fire Lash
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
- Overheat

Virizion @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Air Slash
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast

Steelix @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Body Press
- Head Smash

Drapion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail

Inteleon @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Air Slash
- Psycho Shift
- Roost

Paired Centiskorch with like Calm Mind Viriz since it has the better odds to overpower non AV Galarbro so thats cool. Overheat on the centi is for bewear. Steelix is an excellent rocker and can trade versus a good amount of things. SD Drapion pairs really well for the initial core as a breaker, tspikes absorber, poltergeist resist and ground type lure. Scarf Inteleon... not the most conventional scarfer but it definitely gets the job done, outspeeds the whole meta, extremely strong and torrent boosted stabs can be really nice at cleaning. Calm Mind Psycho Shift cause it is broken, beats almost all of its counters etc etc. Any issues let me know. Enjoy!

Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Scald
- Slack Off

Klefki @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam

Lycanroc @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Accelerock
- Crunch

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Liquidation
- Earthquake
- Power Whip

Xatu
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Roost

Adamant Nature
- Poltergeist
- Power Whip
- Explosion
- Trick

Sludge Bomb + Scald is the best all around combination for 2 attacks slowbro so we went with that. Klefki makes for a really good partner so nice. Lycanroc is an excellent wincon that takes advantage of spikes, seismitoad is a great rocker with amazing synergy with klefki and possess great coverage moves. Water/Ground/Grass hits pretty much the whole tier. Xatu is the pivot of choice and helps vs golurk and to bring lycanroc safely and last it should have been a rotom-cut cause you could slap that shit on anything but thats not the reality we face today so we went for something pretty unorthodox which is scarf gourgeist. Small cause it can run adamant while outspeeding scarf indeedee and possibly scarf croak while being stronger than the regular one.

Have fun!

Cheers!
Thanks a lot : )

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion

Jolly Nature
- Fire Lash
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
- Overheat

Virizion @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Air Slash
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast

Steelix @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Body Press
- Head Smash

Drapion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail

Inteleon @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Air Slash
- Psycho Shift
- Roost

Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Scald
- Slack Off

Klefki @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam

Lycanroc @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Accelerock
- Crunch

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Liquidation
- Earthquake
- Power Whip

Xatu
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Roost

Adamant Nature
- Poltergeist
- Power Whip
- Explosion
- Trick

Have fun!

Cheers!
Thanks for the team!

Do Mantine and sub toxic Salazzle have any synergy? If so, could one of yall build me a balance/semi stall/stall team with the 2 of them? I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the tier and those 2 seem very potent to me and I like them!

I'd like to request a team based on toxicroak, i've tried to use it but i'm not satisfied with the teams i made. Also the fact that it just got banned from nu makes me want to try it again.

Goodra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt

I've been wanting to try out RU so may I get a team around Goodra. I'm not sure what the best set is but Choice Specs seems solid. Ideally, I would like a BO team.

If possible can it be paired with Silvally-Ground? I have no clue what it would use outside of Multi Attack and U-turn, but it sounds like a good partner on paper that pressures/pivots into the Steel-types for Goodra and brings it in safely vs Grass- and Water-types. If this core is better on paper than in practice then you can forgo this second request. Thank you in advance

LpZ

capy
is a Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
I'd like to request a team built around CB Rhyperior

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
Ability: Solid Rock
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Megahorn

ty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)