Gen 8 SS UBERS - BO: HERBA LIFE CORE

HERBA LIFE SS UBERS_1.png

1. INTRODUCTION

Hey guys! This is my first RTM and what motivated me to post it is the excellent performance of CORE that I will present below. The team has a very clear objective: to put pressure on the opposing Necrozma to attempt a sweep.

Equipped with powerful attackers and defensive resources for some of the main situations, this BO can be very versatile as it has different wins and forces progress against the opponent.

I hope you like it and LEAVE YOUR LIKE at the end of the post, please! :)

2. TEAM + DESCRIPTION

1697126181057.png
1697126193264.png
1697126206941.png
1697126226228.png
1697126214663.png
1697126231194.png

================================================================================

XERNEAS:
1697126181057.png
1697126517913.png

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Aromatherapy

This is the ace of the team. Its main function is to win the game, but if this is not possible, it can still act as a wallbreaker and damage opposing Pokemon, especially the opposing Necrozma. Its set is standard, with maximized SpA and enough Speed to outspeed Adamant Necrozma with maximum investment. The rest of the EVs are aimed at increasing bulk. Regarding attacks, moonblast is the standard choice, especially after a geomancy, but it may be necessary to hit one or two thundes on the opponent's necrozma in order to cause more damage or even paralyze.

ETERNATUS:
1697126193264.png
1697126517913.png

Eternatus @ Power Herb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Meteor Beam
- Dynamax Cannon

Directly from the cosmos to Earth, Eternatus proves to be an excellent partner for Xerneas in this architecture, as it is capable of firing powerful attacks while maintaining good speed control. Although the most common sets are defensive ones, the choice for an offensive one with Meteor Beam is justified by the fact that Eternatus attracts Necrozma-DM to the field in the same way that a magnet attracts metal. In other words, in combination with Xerneas, Eternatus has the ability to overwhelm the opposing Necrozma-DM to enable a sweep later.

GIRATINA:
1697126206941.png
1697127922757.png

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poltergeist
- Stone Edge
- Shadow Sneak
- Defog

At first, it seems like the most questionable Pokemon on the entire team, but it has its role. Giratina is partly responsible for mitigating the damage that the opposing Kyogre does to the team, since the absence of a defensive Eternatus generates this structural weakness. Additionally, it is able to provide offensive utility with his powerful Poltergeist and his guaranteed priority on Shadow Sneak. Beyond that point, you can still use Defog, freeing up a slot on the following pokemon.

YVELTAL:
1697126226228.png
1697128482306.png

Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch
- Roost

Here is the one responsible for launching a revolution against the government of the all-powerful Calyrex Shadow Rider. Everyone knows how Yveltal works, especially in the sword and shield metagame, but the reason for choosing the defensive set is due to this Pokémon's great ability to pivot, which generates momentum for the team's powerful attackers. Plus, he's one of the few trenches we have against marshadow on this team.

NECROZMA-DM:
1697126214663.png
1697128955019.png

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonlight
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

There's not much to say here, as it's one of the most stapples in the tier. The physically defensive set was chosen to deal with Zekrom while still generating some response against the opposing Xerneas. Like Held Item, Rocky Helmet plays an excellent role in breaking focus sash and making HO account matches much easier and the investment in speed is what is suggested in the standard smogon set, but I believe that a total investment in defense is also good.

KYOGRE:
1697126231194.png
1697129261964.png

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Also known as waterspout.com, this is the late game cleaner and the team's latest wincon. Its speed reaches interesting levels with Choice Scarf and Damage Output is always surprising. An interesting move to make is to bring Kyogre onto the field in order to attract the opposing Eternatus and double switch to the best attacker at that moment. Another point to consider is that Drizzle reduces the regenerative effect of Necrozma-DM's Moonlight, which creates even more pressure on them.

3. THE IMPORTABLE:
https://pokepast.es/7e7fc8bcd6a626be

4. THREAT LIST:

1697129759484.png
1697129783418.png
1697129829048.png

Physical attackers with setup capabilities are a problem for a team like this, which has fewer defensive resources than usual. Therefore, against these matchups, it is necessary to play cautiously and try to achieve victory before your opponent does.

5. THANKS!
Thanks for following along this far! I ask you to click on the LIKE button below and follow my profile! I intend to do more RTM like this, so it would be really cool to receive this incentive.

If you have any questions or opinions, don't hesitate to comment or write on my profile! Thank you and see you next time. :)

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Hey! Overall, the team is fine I know you mentioned that :giratina-origin: is there to check Kyogre, and that you have issues with both :groudon:/:zekrom:. I also see that opposing :yveltal: can be annoying with these offensive builds. As such, I'd suggest trying :ferrothorn: over Giratina-Origin here.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Power Whip

Hey! Overall, the team is fine I know you mentioned that :giratina-origin: is there to check Kyogre, and that you have issues with both :groudon:/:zekrom:. I also see that opposing :yveltal: can be annoying with these offensive builds. As such, I'd suggest trying :ferrothorn: over Giratina-Origin here.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
I dont think you can afford no defog on this kind of team, i prefer giratina over ferro here just cause you beat don, its alright as an in to ogre, and pretty decent into HO. Overall though this team is kinda weird, i dont think physdef ndm is any good, and beyond that you just have a hard time being a reliable bulky offense because you cant switch xenrneas, kyogre and etern into attacks. I'd probably go for a bulkier kyogre spread, change ndm to sp.def or dd, and maybe go groudon > giratina with defog > u-turn on yveltal. In my experience, power herb xern + etern works alot better on HO, or teams with magnzone where they can reliably break past ndm, but trying to make them work on a bulky offense can be cool, its just really tough to make ss ubers bulky offense with pokemon that provide very little defensive utility so i think you should look into fitting recover on etern at least (probably over poison move).

I dont think you can afford no defog on this kind of team, i prefer giratina over ferro here just cause you beat don, its alright as an in to ogre, and pretty decent into HO. Overall though this team is kinda weird, i dont think physdef ndm is any good, and beyond that you just have a hard time being a reliable bulky offense because you cant switch xenrneas, kyogre and etern into attacks. I'd probably go for a bulkier kyogre spread, change ndm to sp.def or dd, and maybe go groudon > giratina with defog > u-turn on yveltal. In my experience, power herb xern + etern works alot better on HO, or teams with magnzone where they can reliably break past ndm, but trying to make them work on a bulky offense can be cool, its just really tough to make ss ubers bulky offense with pokemon that provide very little defensive utility so i think you should look into fitting recover on etern at least (probably over poison move).
Very interesting. I am happy with your collaboration. Could you post a paste here with what you think are the best options for the team?

Very interesting. I am happy with your collaboration. Could you post a paste here with what you think are the best options for the team?
Might come back to this if I have some more time but this is kind of what I was thinking: https://pokepast.es/7852737f3877a407. I tried to keep true to the original team by keeping eternatus power herb, since it is an alright breaker. I realise I mentioned groudon and now have a landorus but I think Lando is nice for offensive groudon, ndm is photon geyser to try and bait kyogre which is a bit of a rough mu, which is also why ogre is thunder but you can probably change that. As i said this is kind of just what I had in mind and im probably missing out on a fair bit of stuff so I'll try and come back once I've tried this team out and made a more definite version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)