SS Ubers [SS Ubers] Zekrom + Yveltal(Scarf) Balance

Meminger21

Lágrimas Ocultas
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Introduction:

Hello, this is my first RMT and this is the team that I used on Ubers Seasonal and had incredible results with. This is probably the best team that I've ever built, winning 5 out of 5 battles on Seasonal and getting me to round 6 (Top 24!), which isn't a lot but since it's my first Ubers Seasonal I'm really happy with the results.
A while ago, I decided to build a team with Scarf Yveltal because of its incredible matchup against Hyper Offense and ability to revenge kill so many offensive threats, such as Rayquaza, Darmanitan-G, Groudon and plenty of other mons that simply have no decent switch-ins. Yveltal with Scarf can also help against Calyrex-S by not giving it boots and being always locked in one attack. After building the defensive core I decided to add Zekrom because of its ability to sweep entire teams after one Dragon Dance and break other balances.

The team

:ss/Zekrom: :ss/necrozma-dusk-mane: :ss/xerneas: :ss/Yveltal: :ss/Blissey: :ss/Groudon:

:ss/Zekrom:
Zekrom @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bolt Strike
- Dragon Claw
- Roost​

Zekrom is one of the best wallbreakers in ubers, having few switch-ins like Groudon, Landorus-T, Ferrothorn, Haban Berry Eternatus, Xerneas full life and Defensive NDM with Earthquake. Defensive NDM is basically non-existent, Groudon, Landorus-T, Ferrothorn and Xerneas doesn't have a reliable recovery and can be worn down pretty easily and Eternatus Haban Berry isn't really common but you can scout and waste their berry on a switch-in. Zekrom can also be an incredible check against NDM with Twave and Iron Head/Sunsteel Strike.
Its movepool is pretty standard with DD/Bolt Strike/Dragon Claw being almost mandatory on offensive Zekrom. The addition of Roost allows Zekrom to switch more safety throughout the game to try to discover some sets and weaken its checks. I put Boots as the item so Zekrom can have safely switch-ins and also to have a better matchup against HO.

:ss/necrozma-dusk-mane:
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Knock Off
- Morning Sun​

Here starts my defensive core with NDM special defensive to check Eternatus, Xerneas, Calyrex-I and sometimes NDM. The spread is to outspeed Calyrex-I and some Eternatus, since after one DD it reaches 336. Using Dragon Dance allows Necrozma to have some offensive utility since this team is quite passive, and Knock Off is very important because Yveltal doesn't have it and this move is probably the best one this gen, it also can hit Lunala and Calyrex-S.

:ss/xerneas:
Xerneas @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Defog
- Sleep Talk
- Rest​

Xerneas works as a check to Yveltal, Groudon (soft check), Marshadow (without Poltergeist) and Zygarde. I prefer Xerneas instead of Buzzwole or Zarude because it checks all sets of Yveltal and Zygarde and Moonblast also hits stronger. This Xerneas has Defog and even being a bad defog user, since it loses to NDM, it's not that troublesome since only Yveltal and Blissey are weak to hazards. Having Boots as an item allows Xerneas to not take damage from hazards, this way it can check Zygarde in longer matches without worries, it can indeed lose its item due to Yveltal tho. I also put some EVs on speed so Yveltal won't be able to U-turn safely.

:ss/yveltal:

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing
- Roost
- U-turn​

Here's the Scarf Yveltal, the most underated set imo. It can 1HKO Darmanitan-G (actually 93.8% chance to OHKO), NDM (after one DD), offensive Groudon (after SD), Calyrex-S and revenge kill many others such as: Rayquaza, Marshadow and Zekrom, while being faster. Its spread allows it to outspeed base 95 (speed:317) pokemons and the rest is put mainly on SpD and a bit on HP so it can take hits from Calyrex-S in a better way. Oblivion Wing allows Yveltal to recover its life while hitting, it recovers about 15% HP from Eternatus staying at 90% if previously hit by Astral Barrage, it can also KO Buzzwole.

:ss/blissey:
Blissey (F) @ Utility Umbrella
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy
- Confide​

Blissey is here as a check to Special offensive mons, while NDM can handle most of them in a pretty decent way the team needed another Special wall, since it suffers against Kyogre and Eternatus. Blissey also provides a switch-in to Caly-S if needed. Blissey has Seismic Toss as a way to hit Xerneas and revenge kill it, since NDM is KOed by 2 Thunders with its investment in Speed. Aromatherapy is really important in this meta and it also wakes up Xerneas.

:ss/groudon:
Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave​

Groudon deals with Marshdow, NDM and Zekrom, while also freeing a move slot on Necrozma by having Stealth Rocks. It also is a great check to Eternatus, since nothing in the team can KO it. When I made this team I put Twave, but now I actually think Toxic is better in this team allowing it to poison Zygarde, Yveltal and Lunala making Groudon way more threatening. The EVs on Speed allows it to outspeed Caly-I.

Weaknesses:

:Ferrothorn: If its physical defensive it can wall Zekrom and NDM while recovering its life with Leech Seed. The best way to play against it is to weaken it with Groudon or stall its PP, which is quite hard since this team doesn't have any pokemon with Pressure.

:Groudon: Offensive Groudon with Bulk Up doesn't allow Yveltal to revenge kill it and can pretty much destroy the whole team if it's faster than Xerneas. Defensive Groudon with Rest can wall Zekrom and NDM and recover its life making it pretty hard to play against.

:Ho-Oh: It's quite hard to play against Ho-Oh mainly because Xerneas can't really touch it and Zekrom and Groudon don't apreciate getting burned or in Groudon's case taking 30%.

Stealth Rocks: Yveltal really dislikes taking damage from rocks and with Xerneas as defogger it can be very hard to play if the opponent puts it into the field.

Importable:

:Zekrom: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :Xerneas: :Yveltal: :Blissey: :groudon:

Replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ubers-578076 vs Lasen (G1) round 4
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1399852933-xnef261ahwfhotm4u4q2qwtbp590x33pw vs Ford Prefect (G2) round 1
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1399857185-s9d4kysuzcm9m09xvcjxmdo403kxk17pw vs Ford Prefect (G3) round 1
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1422090919-yotn2jln2dofv53j925iq52ixm8v3bspw vs Wamr (G1) round 5
file:///C:/Users/usuario/Downloads/Gen8Ubers-2021-09-05-robjr-meminger21.html vs robjr (G3) round 3

The rounds that I lost were the ones that I didn't use this team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)