SS UU SS UU Bulky Balanced Trick Room

579.pngJellicent.png110-g.png431cdd90771ea1b9554d9accf1997ed8.pngf63e4ccedd3614e86b1f51b1ea654f5f.pngb72718f00f076710d7bce2298b9822ef.png
Little background, I haven't played competitive in the past year and a half, so I'm sure there'll be plenty of holes, I'm open to any suggestions as I have very little awareness of the meta.

579.png
Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

So when building I first looked at viability rankings, and Reuniclus seems like it's pretty good right now. This is a pretty standard set that can set Trick Room and be a defensive pivot. I've switched between max def, max sp atk and this set. But overall, Reuniclus' job is to do damage/take hits and set up trick room.
(Also have no idea why this PNG is so damn small)

Jellicent.png
Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Night Shade
- Recover

Again, pretty standard set to just set trick room and be a defensive backbone along with the remainder of my defensive core. Ice Beam>Will-O/Scald because I have two other Will-O users on this team and I'd like to be able to hit dragons (Noivern, Flygon, etc.) for damage. Also a decent bulky water in general, pairs nicely in a Fire-Grass-Water core with Incineroar and Tsareena.

110-g.png
Weezing-Galar @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Overheat
- Strange Steam

So with Reuniclus and Jellicent I desperately need a knock off switch-in, and also Weezing-Galar is the cream of the crop in terms of Def walls in UU (again pretty high in viability). Everything is standard, I like overheat>flamethrower, but I could go either way. Rocky>Black Sludge is very similar, but I like getting residual on fighting types especially.
431cdd90771ea1b9554d9accf1997ed8.png
Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Not much needed here. Doublade kills things and is slow. Things that like to kill Doublade (fire, ground, dark types) don't like Reuniclus and Weezing-Galar which makes this a perfect pairing with those two. 252+ Atk in Trick Room with a SD hurts things. Good late game sweeper in trick room, especially with the priority if trick room expires.
f63e4ccedd3614e86b1f51b1ea654f5f.png
Incineroar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Parting Shot

I felt like I needed another dark counter, fire stab was cool, intimidate is cool, and defensive pivots with volt/turn (ok parting shot, same difference) are even cooler to get into my trick room setters. Incineroar checks a lot of boxes, so this is the spread under the dex entry with the remaining speed reinvested into defense. I like Drain Punch to try to gain back HP because Incineroar often becomes a necessity for getting clean switches into my trick room setters.

b72718f00f076710d7bce2298b9822ef.png
Tsareena (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- U-turn

This team HATED bulky waters when I was using Frosmoth in this slot instead of Tsareena. This is here for a very similar purpose that Incineroar is here: slow U-Turns into Reuniclus and Jellicent and Knock Off all the things. STAB Grass typing with Power Whip to threaten Milotic, Vaporeon, etc. Taunt to stop recover/wish/toxic/nonsense.

Some things I don't love are my lack there of hazards and lack there of a true blue special attacker that can rip through people. But, I'm all ears to any suggestions. Glad to be back :)
Happy Quarantine y'all

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)