Resource SS UU Team Bazaar

Status
Not open for further replies.
:ss/zarude-dada: ____________________ :ss/golisopod:
:ss/aegislash: G-Articuno Double Scarf Hazard Stack BO (pokepast.es) :ss/kommo-o:
:ss/nihilego: _____________________ :ss/articuno-galar:
Yo, I decided that it was time for me to retire this particular squad that has brought me many great memories. This team has served me well for awhile now, definitely being one of the most fun teams I have made in this generation. The primary defensive core of this team consists of sub/tox Aegis and defensive Kommo. Given the offensive nature of the team, the combination of these two is able to provide enough of a defensive backbone to where you can play the long game easier than most offensive builds and they cover each other's weakness rather well. Sub Aegis is rather self-explanatory though you will notice shadow claw here. Under any other circumstance, I would use shadow ball, but claw was a necessary here in that the team can struggle against some of the calm mind users in the tier, so claw essentially is there to maintain pressure and prevent free set up against the cm users and even sub bulletproof kommo as well. Kommo is rocking full power body press, the strongest bp in this gen, and the damage output from full power makes it worthwhile. I'm using d-tail on this set to abuse the hazards and to prevent free set up. Protect is there to scout choice users, help keep itself healthy, can be used in combo with Aegis' toxic through a double protect + toxic dynamic here, and gives a check to bounce gyarados. The secondary pivots here are Nihi and Goli. These two form a solid hazard stack core while having excellent synergy being able to create good progress against most hazard removers. These two provide crucial resistances that the team needed. Nihi is running knock off to help make opposing aegis more manageable and it helps cripple opposing steels and even chansey so that Articuno has an easier time for the late game clean. Goli also acts as the teams main knock absorber considering that the items on Aegis and Kommo can go a long way for this build if preserved for as long as possible. Goli provides an edge against Mew spikes builds and emergency exit is truly the next best thing to teleport that allows this team to easily maintain control of the field dynamic in most match ups. Zarude and Articuno are the team's main offensive presences rocking the double scarf while sharing great offensive synergy. The double scarf provides good speed control while serving as a great means of maintaining offensive pressure while your hazards are up. Zarude can act as a secondary knock absorber in some matchups where its scarf isn't as crucial.

Optional Changes
Zarude can also run boots on this team, though I just prefer using it as a scarfer. Aegis can run a more spdef set successfully here too. I never tested a more offensive Kommo here, but I do think it could work. Kommo can run a different coverage move over d-tail like poison jab, toxic, earthquake as well.

Threats
Primarina can be a huge threat to this build. Rest/talk has the potential to outlive this team, and a well played sub cm set can do the same.
BD Azumarill is shaky since the main counterplay is revenging +6 with zarude, though in the case that zarude goes down, the combination of Goli first impression and Kommo's bp can sometimes be enough to take care of it once azu is weakened.
DD Mence is tough for this team in that you usually have to sack Aegis to get a toxic on it, or just try not to give it free set up so like if you face like a dd lum berry mence you simply got c-teamed :/.
I never faced this matchup luckily, but I know that dual wingbeat Scizor on webs can just easily shred this team.
Conk and Goon can be tough to switch into, but the speed on Aegis can let you do shield/sub shenanigans to weaken conk attack and allow you to switch into it easier and Goon is simply brutal if its is bulk up variant.
The team lacks hazard removal, so the build up from opposing hazard stack damage can potentially pile up.

I've had good times with this squad and hope that it can offer the same to others if they choose to use it. Thanks for reading!

I get bored of teams quickly, so I wanted to try and make my own team which despite having a pretty basic team has some interesting movesets and synergy that was worked really well for me.

Krookodile (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Krookodile with Scarf can be used to set rocks obviously but this team does not rely heavily on hazards at all. It is mostly used for a scarf Knock Off/Earthquake on Jirachi which also hits hard on any switch-ins.

Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Defog
- Roost

Salamence is used for defogging because rocks do not do well for this team. Fire Blast is good for unsuspecting Celesteena. The one issue Salamence has is against Noivern because with no fairy on the team nobody can eat a Draco Meteor.

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Grassy Terrain

Amoonguss is a pretty normal set but instead of running foul play, I chose Grassy Terrain for Zerude. I'm thinking about switching rocky helmet for black sludge / HDB because if there are rocks up then he just takes too much damage to make regenerator as effective as possible.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Earthquake
- Haze
- Scald
- Recover

God. Do I need to say any more?

Zarude @ Choice Band
Ability: Leaf Guard
Adament Nature
- U-turn
- Grassy Glide
- Drain Punch
- Jungle Healing

Zarude hits like a truck. Banded grassy glide in terrain destroys a lot of prominent mons in the tier:

-252+ Atk Choice Band Zarude Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Krookodile in Grassy Terrain: 558-656 (168.5 - 198.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-252+ Atk Choice Band Zarude Grassy Glide vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Nihilego in Grassy Terrain: 420-495 (110.8 - 130.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-252+ Atk Choice Band Zarude Grassy Glide vs. 252 HP / 152 Def Tentacruel in Grassy Terrain: 268-316 (73.6 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery
-252+ Atk Choice Band Zarude Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Nidoking in Grassy Terrain: 288-339 (95 - 111.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
-252+ Atk Choice Band Zarude Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr in Grassy Terrain: 241-285 (68.6 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery and burn damage
-252+ Atk Choice Band Zarude Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Azelf in Grassy Terrain: 310-366 (106.5 - 125.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Jungle Healing allows you to not only heal when you switch in and then switch back out, but it counters Celesteela's toxic stall pretty well.

Rotom-Heat @ Eject Pack
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split

This is definitely the most interesting mon on the team. Rotom has a lot of roles on the team. Originally I had Moltres-Galar in this spot but with the amount of Celesteelas, Amoonguss, and Tangrowths that came up I realized I needed a fire type. Rotom does not get flamethrower however so I use overheat with eject pack to hit hard with overheat and the -2 SpA drop switches me out. I can then pivot back in and hit a full overheat again or just pivot around with a volt switch. I then ran into the problem that Krookadile would switch in on him, intimidate would set off eject pack but I found this useful because I could bring it Quagsire/Amoonguss before rocks even got up forcing him to switch and getting a spore//scald burn.

Let me know what you think of this team and how I might be able to improve it thanks!

Reactions: Rae

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I get bored of teams quickly, so I wanted to try and make my own team which despite having a pretty basic team has some interesting movesets and synergy that was worked really well for me.

Krookodile (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Krookodile with Scarf can be used to set rocks obviously but this team does not rely heavily on hazards at all. It is mostly used for a scarf Knock Off/Earthquake on Jirachi which also hits hard on any switch-ins.

Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Defog
- Roost

Salamence is used for defogging because rocks do not do well for this team. Fire Blast is good for unsuspecting Celesteena. The one issue Salamence has is against Noivern because with no fairy on the team nobody can eat a Draco Meteor.

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Grassy Terrain

Amoonguss is a pretty normal set but instead of running foul play, I chose Grassy Terrain for Zerude. I'm thinking about switching rocky helmet for black sludge / HDB because if there are rocks up then he just takes too much damage to make regenerator as effective as possible.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Earthquake
- Haze
- Scald
- Recover

God. Do I need to say any more?

Zarude @ Choice Band
Ability: Leaf Guard
Adament Nature
- U-turn
- Grassy Glide
- Drain Punch
- Jungle Healing

Zarude hits like a truck. Banded grassy glide in terrain destroys a lot of prominent mons in the tier:

-252+ Atk Choice Band Zarude Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Krookodile in Grassy Terrain: 558-656 (168.5 - 198.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-252+ Atk Choice Band Zarude Grassy Glide vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Nihilego in Grassy Terrain: 420-495 (110.8 - 130.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-252+ Atk Choice Band Zarude Grassy Glide vs. 252 HP / 152 Def Tentacruel in Grassy Terrain: 268-316 (73.6 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery
-252+ Atk Choice Band Zarude Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Nidoking in Grassy Terrain: 288-339 (95 - 111.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
-252+ Atk Choice Band Zarude Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr in Grassy Terrain: 241-285 (68.6 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery and burn damage
-252+ Atk Choice Band Zarude Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Azelf in Grassy Terrain: 310-366 (106.5 - 125.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Jungle Healing allows you to not only heal when you switch in and then switch back out, but it counters Celesteela's toxic stall pretty well.

Rotom-Heat @ Eject Pack
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split

This is definitely the most interesting mon on the team. Rotom has a lot of roles on the team. Originally I had Moltres-Galar in this spot but with the amount of Celesteelas, Amoonguss, and Tangrowths that came up I realized I needed a fire type. Rotom does not get flamethrower however so I use overheat with eject pack to hit hard with overheat and the -2 SpA drop switches me out. I can then pivot back in and hit a full overheat again or just pivot around with a volt switch. I then ran into the problem that Krookadile would switch in on him, intimidate would set off eject pack but I found this useful because I could bring it Quagsire/Amoonguss before rocks even got up forcing him to switch and getting a spore//scald burn.

Let me know what you think of this team and how I might be able to improve it thanks!
Hello! If you're looking to have your team rated, the RMT Forum is the place to send this. The Team Bazaar serves as a way to show teams that wouldn't get approved/didn't get approved as samples or just teams people have built and want to share in general. This thread is not meant for team rating if that is what you're looking for, sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)