SS OU SSOU Blissey Offense

Markensen

formerly Shogeki
RMT #1 : Zone + Blissey HW

Hello everyone, and welcome to my first "real" smogon post ! So this is also my first RMT, on a Blissey Offense that I built yesterday. I hope you will like it !

To start, here is the past of the team:

:magnezone: :dragonite: :weavile: :blissey: :landorus-therian: :kartana:

https://pokepast.es/ba1f93957f1f2139

----------

Here are now the sets / explanations of the choice and the sets of the different pokémons:

:magnezone:

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

I really like building offense with magnezone, I find the offensive cores that take advantage of it really reliable atm, and that is exactly the goal of this team.

Why the specs set and not the ID Body Press set?

In addition to being able to trap the steels and to make a lot of defensive cores inefficient, magnezone is a powerful wallbreaker, which will be able to surprise pokémons who think they can in easy. Here are some calcs:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 128+ SpD Heatran: 186-220 (48.1 - 56.9%) -- 41% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon: 282-333 (67.1 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tangrowth: 370-436 (91.5 - 107.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 264-312 (68.9 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 470-554 (119.2 - 140.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

In addition, the set body press allows to take the advantage on other walls like blissey / heatran / the other magnezone, which are not, you will see, not huge dangers for this team.

Due to its lack of moovepool, I would not explain the chosen moves, because they are more or less the only ones available on this set.

----------

:dragonite:

Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Atk / 52 Def / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dual Wingbeat
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Here is the first pokemon that takes advantage of the fact that magnezone will be able to trap corvi / skarm / steela or other annoying steels: Dragonite.

Here I have chosen a fairly bulky spread, to be able to handle kartana, rillaboom and Volcarona suitably, which can destroy fairly offensive teams if they are poorly prepared. The speed is used to outspeed ti@s at +1.

Why these moves in particular?

Dual Wingbeat is +/- mandatory on all DD sets of Dragonite, which allows him to check volcarona as well as possible. Fire punch is there to touch ferrothorn, which magnezone has trouble touching. I also chose to put EQ and not heal bell to be able to touch heatran that magnezone cannot trap. I could have chosen heal bell, but you will see later that this slot would not have been optimal.

----------

:weavile:

Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

I think weavile is really broken atm: good offensive typing, excellent speed tier (only the fact of not outspeed koko is annoying), access to Sword dance which makes him a good late game sweeper, knock off abuser, which is the most spammable and spammy attack.

I chose this pokemon because in addition to enjoying magnezone, magnezone will also benefit from it. Indeed, weavile is a pokemon which will attract corvi and skarm and which will be able to kill potential shed shell and facilitate work in magnezone. On the other hand, without corvi and skarm, the pokemon has almost no switch in after a sword dance, apart from heatran, which is totally canceled by dragonite, and urshifu water, which is checked by dragonite as well.

The boots are here to be able to in many times and spam koff without fear of the hazards.

If you don't want to take Iron barbs / rough skin / the rocky helmet, you can put the icicle crash over triple axel, although I think it's a lot worse, due to the great damage loss if you hit 3 hits.

Low kick is here to take advantage of bisharp, and to have a decent switch in. Moreover, low kick can break trought heatran.

----------

:blissey:

Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Healing Wish

As you can see, Blissey's set is quite special, but I'll explain everything to you.

To start with, the team was so far, although weavile have ice shard, quite weak at Dragapult, as well as tapu lele, that blissey will be able to soft check fairly well, in combination with weavile.

I chose to put the stealth rocks on it to be able to have access to a slot that does not require stealth rocks afterwards, which leaves more freedom of build.

Seismic toss and soft boiled are mandatory on all Blissey sets.

As you saw previously, dragonite will check volcarona, and weavile a triple axel, without protective pads. Dragonite will therefore sometimes be burned by volcarona, weavile will take recoil on ferro, will be static by zapdos, be burned by volcarona also, ect ... So I chose here healing wish, which will allow to maintain a constant pressure offense and that the more defensive-oriented builds will not let breathe.

I chose to put healing wish at the expense of teleport, which for me was the least important move here, as magnezone is already pivoting, and the next pokemon on this team is a great pivot.

----------

:landorus-therian:

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

To continue, landorus, who will act here as a defogger and a good electric immunity, as well as a good pivot which will allow us to keep the momentum to the maximum. Toxic is here mainly for the other landorus, which will open the path to dragonite. The speed is here to outspeed bisharp full speed adamant.
The downside of this set is that it doesn't hit corvi, but that's okay because we have magnezone.

I preferred the rocky helmet to the lefto because here landorus is not made to live indefinitely, it is there to poison other landorus, to bring momentum, and potentially defog.

----------

:kartana:

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

Finally, kartana scarf, which will allow us to have good speed control, to have an abuser koff in addition, and which will also benefit from magnezone.

Just like weavile, kartana will attract corvi and skarm and koff the potential shed shell.

The set is extremely classic here, the simple goal being endgame snowball once all the steels are removes.

----------

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1356493220

Here is a test game, around 1600

----------

Here, I hope that you'll enjoy this first RMT !

The team has undoubtedly faults, do not hesitate to give your opinion!

Last edited:
Non-Ideal Sets/Mons
:blissey: is not something you want on a team like this.
If we remove blissey , we need a check to kyurem. :scizor: is a good choice. It can softcheck pult. It also provides a check to weavile (and a few others), which is a pretty big threat.

Now, the updated team isn't immediately weak to rocks at all (3 boots, 2 resistances , 1 neutral) but scizor CAN run defog if you are continuously finding hazards hurting your team. But I think SD is a far better choice.
U-Turn can be exchanged for knock off to take zapdos and heatran's items. Making it easier to overpower them. Knock off also puts pult in bullet punch range.

Threat List (Off of the top of my head)

:Dragapult:-
Of course, the removal of blissey makes the pult MU worse, at the trade off of giving you a tapu lele , kyurem, and weavile switch in.
but, the pult mu isn't an instalose. Whenever pult is in, you're gonna have to predict around it with the combination of scizor and dragonite, mainly. Be sure to scout for flamethrower. Try to keep it out as much as you can, threatening the enemy with pokemon it can't safely switch in on or safely rkill, (boosted weave, dnite, knock locked kartana) is integral.

:Melmetal:-

Your team was already weak to this threat. :Landorus-therian: + :magnezone: can play around band. :Landorus-therian: + :Scizor: can deal with non-choiced sets.

Reply with any big ones I may have missed.

Markensen

formerly Shogeki
Non-Ideal Sets/Mons
:blissey: is not something you want on a team like this.
If we remove blissey , we need a check to kyurem. :scizor: is a good choice. It can softcheck pult. It also provides a check to weavile (and a few others), which is a pretty big threat.

Now, the updated team isn't immediately weak to rocks at all (3 boots, 2 resistances , 1 neutral) but scizor CAN run defog if you are continuously finding hazards hurting your team. But I think SD is a far better choice.
U-Turn can be exchanged for knock off to take zapdos and heatran's items. Making it easier to overpower them. Knock off also puts pult in bullet punch range.

Threat List (Off of the top of my head)

:Dragapult:-
Of course, the removal of blissey makes the pult MU worse, at the trade off of giving you a tapu lele , kyurem, and weavile switch in.
but, the pult mu isn't an instalose. Whenever pult is in, you're gonna have to predict around it with the combination of scizor and dragonite, mainly. Be sure to scout for flamethrower. Try to keep it out as much as you can, threatening the enemy with pokemon it can't safely switch in on or safely rkill, (boosted weave, dnite, knock locked kartana) is integral.

:Melmetal:-
Your team was already weak to this threat. :Landorus-therian: + :magnezone: can play around band. :Landorus-therian: + :Scizor: can deal with non-choiced sets.

Reply with any big ones I may have missed.
I generally agree with the changes you are making, especially with playing zone bp, which allows you to remove fire punch on dnite and better check urshi. But as you said the MU pult is quite complicated, but Scizor is a good addition here because weavile put a lot of pressure on the team. In this version, I would tend to play kartana protective pads to be able to koff zapdos and volcarona without fear.
Thanks for the suggestions!

Hey there Shogeki I like the idea of pairing Dragonite with Choice Specs Magnezone being able to remove or greatly weaken most of it's switch-ins as the old Drag+Mag Core setting up for Dragonite or Weavile to be able to be amazing winconditions for them. While this team seems well it does have it's flaws such as it struggles with :bisharp: and :weavile:, and the lack of recovery on Roost on Dragonite and overlying on it lets it get overwhelmed by things it wants to check notably :urshifu-rapid-strike:, :volcarona: and :heatran:.

Major Changes

First change would recommend replacing Blissey since it provides a lot of things for this team in one slot, such as speed control, ability to cripple Weavile and Dragonite's switch-ins with Trick, can switch into Weavile, Urshifu-R, Volcarona, and Heatran easing some pressure from Dragonite, and being able to soft check Dragapult. Trick lets Tapu Fini be able to remove its choice scarf when it speed is no longer needing while also being able to give Choice Scarf to mons that don't enjoy it like Toxapex, Ferrothorn, and Blissey. Running an ev spread with max HP evs give it the bulk needed for it to switch into Dragapult, Weavile, and Urshifu-R and max Speed with a timid nature lets it be faster than the like of Zeraora and Dragapult with Choice Scarf. I decided that Tapu Fini should run Defog on this team which makes Landorus-T have to run Stealth Rock now, and since Tapu Fini is now the speed control for this team that means the next change will be.

Now that Tapu Fini act's as the team form of speed control we are able to replace Kartana with something being able to handle Kyurem and Tapu Lele which is why Scizor will be replacing Kartana. Similarly to Kartana, Scizor enjoys Magnezone ability to remove most of it's switchins and decided to make it U-Turn instead of Knock Off, being able to form a pivoting core with Magnezone and is able to switch into Magnezone as well in trapping Corviknight and Skarmory and removing them. The ev spread for Scizor will be 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD with an Impish nature the evs on Special Defense lets Scizor take on the ice moves from Choice Specs Kyurem while the Defense and boosting nature avoid getting 2HKO from Choice Band Kartana's Sacred Sword. With 30 IVS on Speed this allows Scizor to be slower against opposing Scizor making you U-Turn out last.

Minor Changes

Since Tapu Fini now removes hazard we can make Landorus-T run Stealth Rock for this team as well tweaking on its set. Leftovers is really important for Landorus-T giving it a form of longevity since it gets wear down rather easily by chip damage, and decided to take 40 evs from Defense into Special Defense in order to better Dazzling Gleams from Tapu Koko that pressures this team greatly once Landorus-T is heavily weakened keeping it under control.

Now for some rapid changes Body Press on Magnezone this lets Magnezone be able to hit Ferrothorn and Bisharp since the Bisharp matchup with the team is still quite troubling and the team already does a great amount of pressure that Toxic catches off. Dragonite really wants Roost here since it covers a good amount of threats in one slot and the lack of recovery especially without heal bell makes it get worn down rather easily when conditioned. and Lastly to round up this team Ice Shard over Low Kick since its a crucial move on Weavile with priority being able to pick off weakened as well threatening Rillaboom and Dragapult.

Importable
(click sprites for importable)

Hopefully these changes are some to consider and try out since it helps improve against certain matchups you struggled with especially overlying on Dragonite to cover a lot of things relieving some pressure for it. Even with these changes the like of :bisharp:, :tapu lele:, and :tapu koko: are still quite problematic for this teams so you have to play around it though they are in control but must still be on the lookout especially if the your switch-in to them gets weakened or is removed. That's all I have to say for this team so let me know your experience with these changes, especially since you get a lot more momentum with the team to bring Weavile and Tapu Fini in safely with Magnezone, Landorus-T, and Scizor.

Markensen

formerly Shogeki
Hey there Shogeki I like the idea of pairing Dragonite with Choice Specs Magnezone being able to remove or greatly weaken most of it's switch-ins as the old Drag+Mag Core setting up for Dragonite or Weavile to be able to be amazing winconditions for them. While this team seems well it does have it's flaws such as it struggles with :bisharp: and :weavile:, and the lack of recovery on Roost on Dragonite and overlying on it lets it get overwhelmed by things it wants to check notably :urshifu-rapid-strike:, :volcarona: and :heatran:.

Major Changes

First change would recommend replacing Blissey since it provides a lot of things for this team in one slot, such as speed control, ability to cripple Weavile and Dragonite's switch-ins with Trick, can switch into Weavile, Urshifu-R, Volcarona, and Heatran easing some pressure from Dragonite, and being able to soft check Dragapult. Trick lets Tapu Fini be able to remove its choice scarf when it speed is no longer needing while also being able to give Choice Scarf to mons that don't enjoy it like Toxapex, Ferrothorn, and Blissey. Running an ev spread with max HP evs give it the bulk needed for it to switch into Dragapult, Weavile, and Urshifu-R and max Speed with a timid nature lets it be faster than the like of Zeraora and Dragapult with Choice Scarf. I decided that Tapu Fini should run Defog on this team which makes Landorus-T have to run Stealth Rock now, and since Tapu Fini is now the speed control for this team that means the next change will be.

Now that Tapu Fini act's as the team form of speed control we are able to replace Kartana with something being able to handle Kyurem and Tapu Lele which is why Scizor will be replacing Kartana. Similarly to Kartana, Scizor enjoys Magnezone ability to remove most of it's switchins and decided to make it U-Turn instead of Knock Off, being able to form a pivoting core with Magnezone and is able to switch into Magnezone as well in trapping Corviknight and Skarmory and removing them. The ev spread for Scizor will be 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD with an Impish nature the evs on Special Defense lets Scizor take on the ice moves from Choice Specs Kyurem while the Defense and boosting nature avoid getting 2HKO from Choice Band Kartana's Sacred Sword. With 30 IVS on Speed this allows Scizor to be slower against opposing Scizor making you U-Turn out last.

Minor Changes

Since Tapu Fini now removes hazard we can make Landorus-T run Stealth Rock for this team as well tweaking on its set. Leftovers is really important for Landorus-T giving it a form of longevity since it gets wear down rather easily by chip damage, and decided to take 40 evs from Defense into Special Defense in order to better Dazzling Gleams from Tapu Koko that pressures this team greatly once Landorus-T is heavily weakened keeping it under control.

Now for some rapid changes Body Press on Magnezone this lets Magnezone be able to hit Ferrothorn and Bisharp since the Bisharp matchup with the team is still quite troubling and the team already does a great amount of pressure that Toxic catches off. Dragonite really wants Roost here since it covers a good amount of threats in one slot and the lack of recovery especially without heal bell makes it get worn down rather easily when conditioned. and Lastly to round up this team Ice Shard over Low Kick since its a crucial move on Weavile with priority being able to pick off weakened as well threatening Rillaboom and Dragapult.

Importable

Hopefully these changes are some to consider and try out since it helps improve against certain matchups you struggled with especially overlying on Dragonite to cover a lot of things relieving some pressure for it. Even with these changes the like of :bisharp:, :tapu lele:, and :tapu koko: are still quite problematic for this teams so you have to play around it though they are in control but must still be on the lookout especially if the your switch-in to them gets weakened or is removed. That's all I have to say for this team so let me know your experience with these changes, especially since you get a lot more momentum with the team to bring Weavile and Tapu Fini in safely with Magnezone, Landorus-T, and Scizor.
Thanks for the suggestions! They look really good, in fact I'm too used to BO builds, and I never build offense, it's one of my first. I just didn't consider having solid switch ins with big threats enough, I tried too hard to handle everything offensively. Your version looks really cool, I'll try it, ty !
(Sorry for my bad english btw lmao)

Major Changes

Minor Changes

Importable

I really like the fini change. It seems like a definite improvement upon kartana. Alleviates a lot of pressure defensively. I'm kinda angry that I didn't think of it lmao.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)