Stall and Ragequit

I'm not very good with intros. This is a heavy stall team. It uses stally things like hazards and status to play defensively and win games. That's the end of the intro.

Trayvon (Sableye) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SAtk
- Foul Play
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Sableye does a lot of work. He's an amazing spinblocker, beating out most spinners 1 on 1: Mega Blastoise(as long as he switches in on the rapid spin), Donphan, Tentacruel(except for that one guy who ran acid spray seriously dude), and Fortress. His Foul Play does <60% on M Absol, and OHKOs if he SDs. It's also the team's best answer to Alakazam; Sableye survives a Dazzing Gleam at full health and retaliates with Foul Play for ~70%. He can also Foul Play on a predicted Victini Switch, which happens a lot because of its WoW immunity. Truly a MVP.

Excellent! (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Scald
- Grass Knot
- Slack Off

Slowbro is amazing. He checks Victini, as long as it doesn't carry a Banded Bolt Strike. It also counters Infernape and Arcanine, while rarely needing to heal up after absorbing an attack. Grass Knot is for Bulky Waters that Slowbro often ends up against, although I'm considering switching it for Fire Blast. I run Toxic as the status move because of the nature of stall: I don't really care about outspeeding via t-wave; it just means I can't burn or Toxic and stall it out with a healer.

Devil Egg (Ferroseed) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Thunder Wave

Yes, specially defensive Ferroseed. He's my Spiker, and Leech Seed really comes in handy later on. Initially, I bring him in on something that can't touch him, like other grass types, water types, or special attackers that don't carry Focus Miss. He then initially uses these turns to set up spikes, then switch out. Or, if he's low on health, Leech seed. He can usually get off two turns of Leech seed with protect as well. Thunder wave is a new experiment; 1 on 1 it can lead to free turns, which Ferroseed really appreciates. I'm just trying it out though; I might switch it back to Gyro Ball later on.

Pink Mario (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Serious Nature
- Wish
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled

Ah, Pink Mario. Whenever there's a special attacker Ferroseed can't handle, Blissey comes in to take the fire. For the most part she completely walls any special attacker, which leads to pretty much instant victory if the only pokemon I have yet to kill are Special Attackers. Wish is because I wasn't using Aromatherapy very much, and it provides better support to my team.

RightRoundBaby (Hitmontop) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Mach Punch

Originally added as a Lucario counter. Bring him in on a SD, he survives an E-speed, and OHKOs with Close Combat. He can also check Victini to some extent with Sucker Punch, which does 50%. He also rapid spins, although he can't beat most spinblockers by himself, although Sucker Punch does come in handy for some of them. Mach Punch is for finishing off Alakazam, and other wounded pokemon late game if I need to go offensive.

L'Queedah (Hippowdon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roar

I usually lead with L'Queedah. Stealth Rocks for Rock purposes, and everything else for stalling and walling. I'm thinking about switching out Roar for Toxic, or Stone Edge. A good counter for all the physical fire types that run rampant that Sableye can't stop.

THREAT LIST:
Heracross
He can break through pretty much all of my walls. I'm always hesitant to WoW, because I've seen sets with Lefties + Guts. Hitmontop checks it a little, and can finish it off with Mach Punch, but other than that I can only hope people don't run it.

Nasty Plot Mixed Infernape
This set carries grass knot for Slowbro and Hippowdon, is immune to WoW, and destroys everything I carry. My only hope is a critical Fire Blast miss on Hitmontop, who retaliates with CC. Rare, but scary as all get out.

Jellicent
Really really hard to kill, and can taunt everything that can take a scald except sableye.

Xatu
Really? People really run this? At any rate, Magic Bounce + Status is freaking annoying, and I had to resort to Seismic Tossing him to death. Luckily my opponent forgot he had him and never switched in on a predicted status move, otherwise I would've lost. Seriously though.

Last edited:
Nasty plot mix ape can have a field day with your team as it's one of the best stall breakers in the tier right now the set they run is
Nasty plot
Fire blast
Close combat
Grass knot

Naive nature
252 special attack/ 252 speed / 4 attack

I suggest replace ferroseed with florges to help counter it.

Nasty plot mix ape can have a field day with your team as it's one of the best stall breakers in the tier right now the set they run is
Nasty plot
Fire blast
Close combat
Grass knot

Naive nature
252 special attack/ 252 speed / 4 attack

I suggest replace ferroseed with florges to help counter it.
I did not know Florges countered that, thanks. But if anything I'm replacing Blissey, because I need a spiker. Unless any of it's counters run spikes?

I did not know Florges countered that, thanks. But if anything I'm replacing Blissey, because I need a spiker. Unless any of it's counters run spikes?[/quote
Yea replace blissey with florges to better stop nasty plot infernape and I believe the only other spikes in the tier that get spikes is chesnaught and roserade but both get destroyed by ape. Tentacruel is a good check to nasty plot ape as well and gets toxic spikes and rapid spin which is pretty good

Switched Florges for Blissey. Florges is much nicer. Not as much bulk, but better resistances, so it walls more things. Thanks for the suggestion. I just peaked at 1468, so new record!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)