Gen 4 Stall is boring,offense is fun :P

Hey guys,i'm garchomp11111 and i started competitive battling this gen.I think i'm fairly decent at competitive battling(mainly ou cause i've battled it lots and lots of times).The ou tier had been a bit boring recently so i decided to wander around the other metagames and well,i found DPP Ou to be interesting.I haven't played a good DPP ou match yet so well,i suck at this metagame.I couldn't even beat a team with luxray,mr.mime and other stuff!So well,i ended up posting a RMT here.This team is not good enough for me and is needing you guys' advices.(probably it's me who sucks but nvm)

Teambuilding

Suicuine is generally the MVP of the team.After a calm mind,it can sweep late game easily with it's execellent coverage and nice bulk when sweeping late game.Crocune despite being the better late game cleaner is avoided in the team because i wanna be as offensive as i can.

Jirach is here for several reasons.Suicuine prefers u-turn support to come in at good health when late game,dangerous threats like DD t-tar and dragonite needs to be revenge killed and blissey needs to be screwed.Choice scarf jirachi with ice punch,iron head,u-turn and trick fix the problem easily.

The back up late game cleaner and blissey lure.Gengar also threatens stall as with blissey defeated,it is really hard to wall his power.

Choice Band tyranitar comes to the team next as it defeats blissey reliably with stone edge and also provides sandstorm for gengar to abuse.It lures fighting,ground,water and steel type for suicuine and gengar to switch in allowing them to have an easier time sweeping.It also breaks walls to sweep more effectively.

I'm not really sure about this spot,gliscor was chosen because it's ability to threaten common leads that threatens jirachi and it's ability to set up stealth rock.I decided to make it as offensive as i can as otherwise it will make me lose momentrum.

I'm awful at looking my teams' weakness so i decided to use mixed dragonite for the last slot.It breaks walls so maybe it might aid suicuine's sweep.Dragonite hadn't been a bad pokemon so far but feel free to suggest anything in this slot.

THE TEAM

The Cleaner

Suicune @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Ice Beam

Offensive suicuine with CM is chosen to use because of it's ability to sweep late game and the execellent coverage it provides unlike the crocune set.For the set,hydro pump is your main water STAB and will OHKO many mons after a calm mind boost as it packs power.HP Electric+Ice beam not only allows to take on dragonite,gyarados,vaporeon and starmie but also grants suicuine the execellent bolt beam coverage.Life orb for power while the EV spread aims to be as fast and as powerful as suicuine can when sweeping.
The lead and the revenger

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Trick
- U-turn
- Ice Punch

The lead,the momentrum key,the revenge killer and the outrage sponger and is generally an annoying poke.Iron Head allows to flinch suicuide leads before they get a chance to move granting it a solid 60%chance to outright kill azelf without allowing it to set up stealth rock.Trick means that blissey is easily fucked by this guy.Ice Punch is the end for dragonite who otherwise is a big threat to the team.
The Back Up cleaner and troll

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Pain Split
- Substitute

Sub Spilt gar is quite difficult to use but is really effective if i got it right.Thanks to life orb recoil,sandstorm damage,sub damage and other residual damage,gengar gets easily worn down.However,to the opponent's surprise,gar keeps himself alive with a pain spilt which also means that blissey is beaten by it.Sub aids protection against t-tar and scizor while shadow ball+focus blast has perfect coverage-the latter means that heatran and t-tar can't switch in.

The beast

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Aqua Tail
- Pursuit

Choice Band T-tar is absolutely the meaning of a monster.It is capable of destroying most of the metagame with it's sheer power.Stone Edge is monstrously powerful and i believe it 2HKO skarmory and forry after stealth rocks.Crunch is an accurative and powerful dark STAB coming handy often.Pursuit trapping is simple-it will put the opponents like rotom-a and starmie on a checkmate position.Aqua Tail is chosen as hippo and scor is quite troublesome to beat.I believe this is the CB t-tar's EV spread,it might be wrong so feel free to correct me.

The Passing Scorpion

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 196 SpD / 60 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Baton Pass
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish

Provides stealth rock,earthquake,valuable resistances and passes baton pass to dragonite and suicuine.Stealth Rock is used cause i lack a SR setter in the team while baton pass allows scor to make use of rock polish.Earthquake is destructive and will seriously hurt metagross and heatran if not KO.Leftovers for additional recovery at times
The one who fucks walls

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

The Wall breaker of the team.Draco Meteor's power is unbelievable,it crushes so many many pokes.Roost allows to heal stealth rock damage and other residual damage which is important especially because this team lacks a spinner and dragonite is weak to SR.Fire Blast crushes skarmory and forry who will comfortably switch into a predicted draco meteor.Superpower is used over quake as heatran and t-tar are generally more important than heatran for my team.
Conclusion
So this is my DPP OU team.I'm on the fence about replacing gliscor as it often is dead weight for my team and i'm not sure to use what to use instead of the scorpion.Anyway,thanks for rating the team(if u rate)!

Last edited:

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.

Suicuine is generally the MVP of the team.After a calm mind,it can sweep late game easily with it's execellent coverage and nice bulk when sweeping late game.Crocune despite being the better late game cleaner is avoided in the team because i wanna be as offensive as i can.
then why are you leading with it ?_?

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
oh shit, didnt see that. anyways, add an importable and/or put rachi first in the list at least. it makes much more sense then.

You could try leftovers on your suicune as it dies fast in sand and it's your only gyarados check.

Opposing suicune and water types in general are a problem, so you may want to use a rotom form over gengar.

lefties on cune. fire punch on jirachi over trick or u-turn. dd nite > mix nite. if you do that, keep lo on cune i guess.

drunk quick halfwitted nitpicks. gl

The shit that MixNite typically breaks through usually benefits physical attackers. Seems to me like you just threw it on there just because it is a wallbreaker. I think you can drop it, add a Lead Gross to add a SR resist (so a spinner wont be needed), powerful attacker (Explosion is crazy powerful and this can also go in the category of wallbreaking), SR set up, and bulky pokemon. This way you can drop SR on Gliscor for Roost, so it can stay around for longer to BP. Also, Jirachi can better serve as a revenge killer, since your opponent won't know you have one if its not leading. In lead it kind of just U-Turns.

Also, I don't recall the EV spread but fix the T-Tar EV's. It needs bulk when its banded, because it is so slow. EV it to outrun 4 Spe Skarmory so it can't roost on you.

That Gliscor set is horrific, it's trying to do way too many things at once and without Taunt it will never pass jack shit against phazers outside of those that don't switch into it because of the EQ weakness like Heatran. Just use Taunt/Roost over BP/RP and max speed/HP.

LO Cune is rarely worth it and this team is no exception, you will find Leftovers better almost always.

Bulky SD Scizor kind of kicks your face in, you might want to try Fire Punch on Jirachi. Alternatively you can run a Rotom forme over Gengar like geo said, if it's like Expert Belt with HP Fire that helps out as well although Specs could probably get the job done as well.

Yeah, Gliscor should choose between SR and RP/BP. It needs Taunt for the passing to work. If it runs SR, then expect it to be very busy using that (it's reliable at doing it multiple times when facing teams with Rapid Spin).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)