SS OU Stall-wart Defenders

Hi welcome to my stall team stall-wart defenders. It started out with the idea of a skarmbliss core and went from there to make a functional stall team. Without furtheradue the team.

Skarmory @

Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Body Press

A premier wall since it's generation debute, skarmory may hjave lost some shine on those metalic feathers since the introduction of more and mor epowerful threats as well as a certain new bird, but nether the less skarmory occupies an important niche in the metagame that cannot be overlooked. Unlike said aformentioned bird - corviknight, skarmory has acess to the precious hazards in spikes as well as a rediously buff body press thanks to it's gigantic base 140 defence. Skarmory finds it's self on stall as a premier spike setter that can wear down physical threats with ease thanks to it's acess to spikes, whilwind and ability to use rocky helment to further wear down threats with impunity. The eves are simple, we give all of them to aid in skarmory's physical bulk, with max investment in hp in defence to tank physical hits with ease and make bodypress hurt alot with said massive defence, the rest of the eves go into special defence than not be used and finaly an impish nature is used to keep defence at maximium with skarmory not giving a damn about it's special attack anyways. The moveset is pretty simple - spikes are great for skarmory as one of the few abusers of them and aid in wracking up the damage, roost is reliable recovery and is even more important as skarmory forgoes leftovers recovery for chip damage in rocky helmet, whirlwind forces foes to switch out and is great for getting the momentum of wearing the opponets team down going, and finaly body press is redicilously strong on even skarmory thanks to it's large base defence buffing it and fighting coverage is very nice.

Blissey @

Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Teleport
- Toxic

The second half of the skarmbliss core, blissey has given chansey the boot this generation as premier special wall, and this is literally due to the boot, the heavy-duty boots that is. with heavy-duty boots blissey is no longer vurnerable to hazards to which this team cannot get rid of them anyways so blissey being a marginaly weaker chansey forgoes this slight buff in defences for the ability to switch in with utter impunity soak up some damage and teleport out to another mon to counter a switch or poison/toss to wear them down. The eves are standard 200 hp gives blissey 701 hp which is huge enough to soak up some damage while sparing 56 to make special defence a bit more bulk and a bold nature with max investment in defence is to make up for blissey's abyssmal defence which is not too bad properly invested with 701 hp overall and skarmory helps soaking up the physical damage while blissey tanks the special. The move choice is simple - seismic toss is for reliable damage output, soft-boiled is reliable recover to which like skarmory is even more important without leftovers recovery, teleport allows blissey to act as pivot, it has -6 priority making sure that any hits chansey will take over what switches in to deal with the presented threat, and finaly we have toxic to wear down threats.

Toxapex @

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Knock Off

The apex, pun intended of all over used walls. toxapex is passive as shit but thanks to a great typing, an amazing ability, a greatmovepool and finaly a massive mixed defensive stab it's ready to take anything thats thrown at it, helping blissey and to a lesser degree skarmory take some physical punishment from fighting type moves in particular that destroy blissey and might wear down skarmory. The eves allow like skarmory to take a physical hit as much as possible with max hp eves and defence eves with a bold nature not to weaken scald but still buff his defences. The move choice is straightforward- Scald causes burns and prevents topapex being tauntbait to have a move, recover is great for stalling out pokemon that are poisoned ect, haze gets rid of stats that the opponet is trying to stack up on the passive topapex, and knock off rids the opponet of items which is handy in a meta with heavy-duty boots going around.

Hippowdon @

Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

So whats great at setting up some residual damage and can tank a hit for a bulky team? why it's hippowdon of course. By virtue of it's ground typing we deal more with a weakness to electric thats built up from skarmory and topapex, with it's ability sandstorm we get a bit of chip, with it's acess to stealth rock we get a pokemon that frees the others from using this move and can very reliably set it up it's self so a ncie bulky pokemon with benifitial typing to the team. the eves are standard with max hp and 248 defence 8 attack to allow for koing certain threats with earthquake and keeping the defence at a maximium to tank hits as much as possible on the physical side with a n impish nature to max it out further. the move choice is pretty standard -Earthquake is reliable ground stab, slack off like my healing team mates before is more vital than ever to allow chip damage with rocky helmet and make up for the lack of leftovers recovery, stealth rock is standard hazard to wear down enemy teams and topxic is to wear down opposing threats.

Hatterene @

Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire

Hatterene is an intresting new pokemon, it's got a great fairy/psychic typing and it's been blessed with the coveted ability magic bounce the main reason it's on the team for a little hazard prevention control as well as being a win condition for the team. To make up for it's great stats ingeneral and typing it's utterly slow as shit but this is stall team so thats not a big deal. For eves we have 60 in speed to outpace some slower threats at 108 speed and bellow, ma xhp eves to spread the bulk around with the rest in physical dence to a tank a hit on the defence it won't be boosting and a bold nature to further this. The move set is again simple - calm mind allows hatterene to set and up proceeed to destroy teams, psyshock effectively allows you to have a psudeo mixed set, draining kiss is fairy stab and an additional way to heal and may start weak but is strongh enough under a calm mind boost to make up for this, and mystical fire at the end gives hatterene a way to hit steel types.

Ditto @

Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 0 Spe
- Transform

Ditto joins the team as a way of dealing with set up sweepers and alike. It's ability to copy stats is pretty invaluable for the team incase this arises and alot of pokemon carry a move that can effectively hit it's self super effective which is handy for ditto. There isn't much to say here the only really important thing on the set is 252 HP eves as all of the rest of dittos stats are copied so always max it. It's a revenge killer for a team that wnats to stop being sweeped by set up sweepers and thats about it.

Pissog

ولكل سؤال كانت فلسطين هي الجواب
is a Top Artist
seems good but how do you manage this shit?
:toxtricity:
Toxtricity mix lo (Toxtricity) @ Life Orb
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 144 Atk / 180 SpA / 8 SpD / 176 Spe
Rash Nature
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Drain Punch
- Shift Gear

few calcs for ditto
  • 180+ SpA Punk Rock Toxtricity (Ditto) Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 8- SpD Punk Rock Toxtricity: 138-163 (47.4 - 56%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO
  • 180+ SpA Life Orb Punk Rock Toxtricity Boomburst vs. 36 HP / 8- SpD Punk Rock Toxtricity (Ditto): 180-212 (60 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

unfortunately i can't really handle it is the honest answer if it sets up it could sweep unless say my mons are at full health ko it first like hippowdon.

unfortunately i can't really handle it is the honest answer if it sets up it could sweep unless say my mons are at full health ko it first like hippowdon.
You can always bring the heat with big boy Palossand if you specifically need a good counter to Toxtricity, as it's literally immune to the shift gear set and resists Poison. It's still great against Zeraora.

the movepool definitely isn't poor my man, it learns rocks and toxic for team support, scorching sands and shadow ball are great stab attacks, shore up is for recovery. maybe it doesn't exactly fit the team because you need all you can to stop urshifu and hippo is better. defensive ghost isn't that great either when aegislash, gengar and pult are more common, but i think it's a very decent pokèmon

the movepool definitely isn't poor my man, it learns rocks and toxic for team support, scorching sands and shadow ball are great stab attacks, shore up is for recovery. maybe it doesn't exactly fit the team because you need all you can to stop urshifu and hippo is better. defensive ghost isn't that great either when aegislash, gengar and pult are more common, but i think it's a very decent pokèmon
I gotta know bc this bothering me. Are you trolling or is this actually genuine? Because if so it would make sense as Palossand is garbage

You can always bring the heat with big boy Palossand if you specifically need a good counter to Toxtricity, as it's literally immune to the shift gear set and resists Poison. It's still great against Zeraora.
Unfortunately Palossand wouldn't be able to do anything other than counter toxtricity

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
I gotta know bc this bothering me. Are you trolling or is this actually genuine? Because if so it would make sense as Palossand is garbage
Palossand is definitely very niche, and i do think it might be outclassed by a few mons, but it's still possible to find a use for it. It has a fair amount of defensive utility and Water Compaction is very nice in a meta where slowbro and pex are so popular. That being said, i feel like a much better counter to toxtricity specifically would be Gastrodon, it's hella bulky and kinda niche but still manages to pull weight in stall teams. Along with that, it has good utility in storm drain and rocks

Palossand is definitely very niche, and i do think it might be outclassed by a few mons, but it's still possible to find a use for it. It has a fair amount of defensive utility and Water Compaction is very nice in a meta where slowbro and pex are so popular. That being said, i feel like a much better counter to toxtricity specifically would be Gastrodon, it's hella bulky and kinda niche but still manages to pull weight in stall teams. Along with that, it has good utility in storm drain and rocks
Gastrodon doesn't learn Stealth Rock.

In all honesty, I think this team is better off with Hippowdon. I would rather be weak to the more-niche Toxtricity than threats like Urshifu-S and physical Zeraora.

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
Oh, my bad lol, i was under the impression that it did :psyglad:. And yea i do agree that the team works well as is with hippowdon, i was just talking about a toxtricity counter specifically

Mate, of course Palossand is bad in OU. I just don't think it's a bad Pokémon in general, because it has good moves and decent stats. The typing is ok. Palossand just doesn't work well in OU for a number of reasons, but those reasons are neither stats nor movepool. You can't tell it's garbage, after all it's UU for God's sake. Plus, the only reason I even brought it up in the first place was because it's literally the hardest counter to Toxtricity on Earth and if you bring these mons in OU you automatically deserve respect. It's heat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)