ORAS LC Stalling with immunities

Hello, I made this team awhile ago and decided that I was going to do a rate my team about it. It was originally an X and Y LC team that I made to play stall. Stall is a style that is underrated by newer LC players think the metagame only supports Hyper Offense.​

Here is the team;

Munchlax @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
Level: 5
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Def / 236 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Pursuit
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Munchlax is my Abra/Gastly Counter as neither can damage it nor can they switch without taking a lot of damage from pursuit. Rest talk let's me abuse Munchlax's bulk to it's fullest. For moves Return, Rest, and Sleep Talk are standard when it's not running Berry Juice. I saw that Munch has a fighting weakness so I decided to use;

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish
Spritzee take out fighting types like they are breakfast, while also performing Wish + Cleric Support. Spritzee gives Munchlax and Chinchou free rest with Aromatherapy and fairly big Wishes to the rest of the team. Protect, Wish and Moonblast are standard, so are the EVs. Aromatherapy is more suited to a stall team then, the more common Calm Mind set. Then I noticed this team has almost no offensive presence and no way to get rid of hazards so;

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Acrobatics
- Defog
- Earthquake
Archen can help take out fighting types while keeping hazards off the field and when Berry Juice runs out Spritzee can always Wish pass. Archen also helps deal with Mienfoo, Fletchling and out big threats. Archen's Rock Slide, Acrobatics and, Defog are all standard but, Earthquake is to hit weaken Tirtougas and Pawniards.Then I noticed a water and electric weakness and that I had no hazards so;

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
Ferroseed is a defensive monster and can get up hazards and stall the entire game out with Leech and Protect who needs stable healing, right? Ferroseed also being immune to Spore and Poison. I decided that Knock Off is more proficient at it's job of dealing damage while maintaining support then, Bullet Seed. Leech Seed, Protect and Stealth Rock are all standard I then noticed I once again had a fighting weakness so to cover that;

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 52 HP / 108 Atk / 116 Def / 108 SpA / 116 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Drain Punch
- Vacuum Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
Croagunk gives another fighting check and also is fairly underused as a fighting type. Also the ability to destroy Pawniards with Vacuum Wave and to beat Pancham fairly reliable as, Gunk Shot and fighting stab is very strong. This is the standard Mixed Defensive Croagunk set. Then to round out the team I added;

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 68 SpA / 148 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
So Chinchou adds a much needed Second Fletchling counter and second ground weakness...as well as the second rest talker but, Chinchou makes and excellent pivot. Chinchou also can deal with other Chinchou and it can somewhat deal with Pawniard. This is the standard RestTalk physically bulky Chinchou set.

P.S. This team was made not to abuse Regenerator.

Munchlax @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Def / 236 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Pursuit
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish

Archen @ Berry Juice
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Acrobatics
- Defog
- Earthquake

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 68 SpA / 148 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 52 HP / 108 Atk / 116 Def / 108 SpA / 116 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Drain Punch
- Vacuum Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off

Last edited:
Hello! This is a really good team!
I'm going to be that annoying person that says it would be helpful if you added one or two more sentences describing what your pokemon does.

Besides that, I don't see any immediate flaws with the team. One thing I do see is that if your Archen gets worn down a little (like into Defiant range lets say), then opposing Croagunks and Foonguses can be pretty annoying. Because of this, I suggest replacing Archen for Vullaby instead. Vullaby has reliable recovery, so it can reliably come into croagunk's attacks and force Croagunk out. If Vullaby gets poisoned by Sludge Bomb, you can use Spritzee's aromatherapy

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 156 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird

Things Vullaby helps:
Vullaby helps at more reliably checking Croagunk and Foongus
Vullaby forms a nice core with your Croagunk
More Durability and Defenses

Things Vullaby keeps the same:
Defog Support
Fletchling Check, even if Fletchling runs HpRock for some reason
Removes Hazards

Advantages of Archen over Vullaby and how your team takes care of those problems
Fairy types beat Vullaby. However, your team has many Spritzee answers like Ferroseed and Croagunk.
-Weaker Against Chinchou as you can't hit EQ it. However, Knock Off can hinder BJ and Scarf Chinchous alot,as well as taking away the bulk of Eviolite Chinchous. You also can switch Chinchou into Chinchou's, Ferroseed, even Croagunk. Munchlax and Spritzee are also bulky enough to take a Chinchou's hit.

Reactions: RZL

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm glad you finally posted the team (even if it took you something like half a year)! It still looks quite solid, even with all the changes to the metagame, which should say a thing or two about how well it was built.

I'm not hugely fond of Vullaby over Archen, as Vullaby does not check Roost Fletchling very well, leaving the team vulnerable to Fletchdig. Between Munchlax and Ferroseed, Foongus shouldn't be a problem, and Archen does just fine at checking Croagunk. With that being said, Archen's lack of survivability on such a defensive team is certainly an issue; as such, I would recommend Eviolite Archen over Berry Juice Archen.
Archen @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Roost
This is the standard defensive Archen set; Earthquake is mostly for Pawniard switch-ins. A combination of Eviolite and Roost will allow Archen to stick around and Defog repeatedly.

You have two RestTalk users that are able to cover most status users (specifically Ponyta and Larvesta; paralysis doesn't hurt your team much because it's so slow to begin with), so I do not think Aromatherapy is necessary on Spritzee. Your team lacks a win condition, and your team is able to check Fire-types so well that I feel as if it's almost a waste not to run Calm Mind over Aromatherapy. The set can otherwise stay the same; CM Spritzee can still help support Ferroseed early and mid game, but will give you a sweep to play towards by the end.

That's all I have to say. Good work rzl

Reactions: RZL
Okay definitely going to go with the Eviolite Archen Levi suggested and I will try Vullaby over Archen after if I think Archen isn't doing a good job. Also yah Calm Mind over Aroma thank you Levi and SilentMango

Great job on this team, I feel that defensive playstyles are a bit underrated in this tier of offensive threats. Kudos for making a stall team. Besides being generally annoying, your team seems to have very few flaws, I looked at it for almost twenty minutes looking for things which you are really weak to, and honestly I haven’t found all that much. That being said, your team might benefit from thunder wave over knock off on ferro, especially if you run vullaby over archen as vullaby will have knck off anyways, and so it is a bit redundant overall. This does make you taunt bait, but it also helps you as far as annoying the heck out of the guy on the other side. If you want to deal damage go with bullet seed. Go with a bulky archen if you keep that, as was previously stated. Besides that, I have nothing.

Great team, good luck.

RZL2000 that is a really great team I have build one that is pretty close to what you build , so fantastic job

I Dont think changing vullaby for archen is a good idea, for personal preference as Chinchou can be trapped by digglet at some point(specially Life orb varriants)

You Have 2 sleepabsorbers, so i don't think your team mind to much about foongus, and about gunk, it always a problem for stall teams, but you can fix it using a Hippopotas over Chinchou, Hippopotas can give you a counter for gunk and a switch for Drilbur(your team have a problem switch on drilbur,it is still a threat but you dont need to switch ferroseed on it, Drilbur can use Poison jab what qualifier it as a major threat to your team.)that switch allows you to use Spikes on Ferroseed as well.

Have fun

Okay definitely going Hippopotas over Chinchou. I'm not entirely sold on Vullaby so, I'm keeping Archen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)