ORAS UU Standard UU Team

~~Skin and Bones - A Standard UU Team~~
Teambuilding Process -

I wanted to make a team around Doublade, because of its sheer power and viability in the meta.

I needed a special defensive mon with already good physical defense. I decided to choose Reuniclus, as it is powerful and can take hits.

Now, I needed a mon to come in and attack! Mega Aerodactyl was my choice, as it is a great All Out Attacker.

At this point, my team is destroyed by Absol and Knock Off. I opted for a scarf Infernape, as it'll outspeed and generally outspeed and KO / U-Turn my opponent.

I needed a wallbreaker and something to deal with Mega-Aggron. Nidoking filled the part, as it offers Stealth Rocks and very powerful attacks.

I wanted a support mon and Florges was a great mon to use.

The Team -

Due Blade (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Gyro Ball
- Sacred Sword

Doublade is my main mon. Not only does this thing take hits, it dishes powerful ones as well. If I can predict correctly, I can set up a swords dance and KO some mons. Now, this is not a sweeper by any means, because of its low speed. Shadow Sneak offers priority to make up for its low speed. Gyro Ball is very powerful (STAB and Low Speed). Sacred Sword is for coverage.

Ryu Nick Luss (Reuniclus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

As I said, Reuniclus offers good defense and can dish out powerful attacks. After setting up a CM or two, I can pretty much KO a lot of mons in my path. Pyshock is STAB, but Psychic is still an option. Focus Blast offers coverage for dark types, including Absol. Recover is recovery (duh) and leftovers is for durability. . I am fairly walled by Doublade, but I can deal with that easily.

Air O Dack Til (Aerodactyl) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Aerial Ace

Aerodactyl is power. He can just wreck stuff. Roost if for HP recovery in case things get stiff. Stone Edge is STAB and can KO a lot of mons. Aqua Tail is coverage against ground types. Aerial Ace is STAB and can hit grass types. It also has that perfect accuracy that Aero needs. I run Jolly for the extra speed. This thing can also beat Mega Pidgeot with Stone Edge.

In Fern Ape (Infernape) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Infernape is generally my lead. I can use this as a false stealth rock lead. I'll usually U-Turn turn 1 to scout. Nape can check and counter Roserade. Flare Blitz is very powerful and is even boosted by STAB. CC is also powerful, and it hits rock types and other mons resistant to fire type attacks. U-Turn is to scout and is my lead move. EQ can hit electric types for super effective damage.

Need o King (Nidoking) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Nidoking is my wallbreaker. Every attack is powerful; hitting almost anything hard in the meta. I chose Nidoking over Nidoqueen for power and speed. It has great coverage that my team needs. Stealth Rocks are now on my team, as they can rid of Focus Sashes for my team. I mainly added Nidoking to beat Aggron with Earth Power. Doublade also suffers terribly against this monster.

Floor Jess (Florges) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

This is my specially defensive wall. I can wish up and pretty much stall out my opponents. Aromatherapy is for all the burns, toxics, and t waves that my team may recieve. Florges can also beat Mega Pidgeot; tanking Hurricane, wishing and moonblasting to victory! Now of course, toxic is an option over aromatherapy.
Threatlist -

Mega Blastoise - Mega Blastoise pretty much walls my team to death. He can rapid spin my rocks away, take hits and scald to win. I was thinking of running Toxic over Aromatherapy on Florges just for it.

Entei - This guy is powerful. A banded set can pretty much sweep me if Aerodactyl is KO'd. But yeah, Aero deals with it fairly well.

Cresseilia - Oh god. This defensive beast is too much to handle! It can wall my entire team almost. If I don't have Doublade to take it out, this thing becomes a serious threat to my team.

Importable -
Due Blade (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Gyro Ball
- Sacred Sword

Ryu Nick Luss (Reuniclus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Air O Dack Til (Aerodactyl) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Aerial Ace

In Fern Ape (Infernape) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Need o King (Nidoking) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Floor Jess (Florges) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

I am open to suggestions! Thanks for reading, frens. n_n

Last edited:

Pak

vortex
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
One thing that immediately jumps out at me is the lack of a water resist which allows Pokemon such as Feraligatr and Suicune to give this team trouble. Swords Dance Gatr with Aqua Jet, Crunch, and Waterfall does not have a great answer. If Infernape were locked into flare blitz or earthquake then Feraligatr could get up a quick SD and go to work. The other main threat looks to be Suicune with the moveset of scald, calm mind, roar, and rest. While Reuniclus is a solid answer to the traditional CroCune, roar is becoming more and more common in the current meta. A change that could help cover these threats would be to replace Florges with Whimsicott. It seems that Florges' main role on the team is to clear the rest of the team of status and pass wishes to Doublade, but this water weakness is too glaring to be left alone. Whimsicott with the moveset of Encore, Stun Spore, Moonblast, and U-Turn could stop set up sweepers in their tracks with prankster encore. While this change does open up a bit of a weakness to Hydreigon, Whimsicott can switch into Draco Meteor and Dark Pulse while Infernape can switch into a potential Flash Cannon or Fire Blast. Hope this helps!

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OK so going to suggest using Nidoqueen over Nidoking, as this allows you to have a bulkier Stealth Rock setter and for the most part Nidoqueen outclasses Nidoking anyhow.

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

EVs are interchangeable but the Speed on this allows you to creep non-positive Speed nature base 71s, such as Adamant Honchkrow and Adamant Tyrantrum.

Going to agree with Pakmasta with the Whimsicott > Florges suggestion, as I feel this team is really needing a Water-type resist. I'm going to suggest an offensive variant though, as I feel you need the Grass-STAB more than the Speed control, as it allows you to beat bulky Water-types easier while letting you OHKO Mega Swampert which can be threatening.

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Giga Drain
- Encore

Item is interchangeable with Leftovers

With the addition of Whimsicott, and the added fact you have Infernape and Sacred Sword Doublade, I'm going to suggest Shadow Ball > Focus Blast on Reuniclus, as this allows you to beat Cresselia most of the time, especially with SpD drops and you don't need to deal with Dark-types as much relying on Reuniclus.

there's not much i'm going to suggest that kreme didn't, but i disagree on getting rid of focus blast. you beat cresselia already with psyshock (if it's sub cm you just consistently wear it down and if it's moonlight you're gonna be able to stall it out of recovery), who isn't really threatening to your team if you keep reuni / doublade alive, and shitting on hydrei, shark, krook, etc. is way more beneficial than just hitting doublade, which isn't that much of a problem for your team if you play well. yeah whimsi / nape check those things already but let's be real it would suck for a boosted reuni to do pitiful damage to shit like lo dreigon + you want both of them as healthy as possible

i think replacing scarf nape for scarf hydrei will help you out as well, as this gives you a secondary water resist (assuming you change florges for whimsi), can check entei fairly well, although it hates getting burned, and it has really nice synergy with doublade, seeing as how it just crushes florges while hydrei can check chandy nicely and wear down other things getting in the way of a doublade sweep.

here's the set

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast / Dragon Pulse

finally, this is more of a nitpick than anything, but i think you'd be better off running iron head > gyro ball on doublade, if for the sole purpose of you not losing your pp as fast and doing more consistent damage to certain targets.

other than that, this is a pretty cool squad, hope i helped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)