Staying away from popularity: Pokemon that you like that others don't and hate that everyone likes

Which one, out of the six Pokemon chosen, is your favorite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I generally like Pokemon that everyone hates.

First, Meganium, it's my favourite starter of all gens, I love this thing, it's so cute and I like all the support stuff it can do : great bulkand great supporting movepool : Aromatherapy, dual screens, leech seed, etc.

Then, Garbodor, I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes its design. I mean, I don't mind at all object-based pokemon, they have existed since the beginning (Magnemite, Muk, etc), I don't get why people hate this so much. Just one thing I don't like about it, it doesn't learn Poison jab for some wierd reason and has to rely on the inaccurate Gunk Shot :/.

Talking about object pokemon, I really love the Aegislash family because I like swords and the design of a spirit haunting an old sword is a cool idea imo. Aegislash's ability is a also fun to use competitively :).

Others unpopular pokemon I like : Ledian and Pelliper. Ledian because I love its design even though it sucks competitively and Pelliper is a suprisingly good physical wall in NU.

Everyone likes Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion. Except for me. He.

I generally like Pokemon that everyone hates.

First, Meganium, it's my favourite starter of all gens, I love this thing, it's so cute and I like all the support stuff it can do : great bulkand great supporting movepool : Aromatherapy, dual screens, leech seed, etc.

Then, Garbodor, I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes its design. I mean, I don't mind at all object-based pokemon, they have existed since the beginning (Magnemite, Muk, etc), I don't get why people hate this so much. Just one thing I don't like about it, it doesn't learn Poison jab for some wierd reason and has to rely on the inaccurate Gunk Shot :/.

Talking about object pokemon, I really love the Aegislash family because I like swords and the design of a spirit haunting an old sword is a cool idea imo. Aegislash's ability is a also fun to use competitively :).

Others unpopular pokemon I like : Ledian and Pelliper. Ledian because I love its design even though it sucks competitively and Pelliper is a suprisingly good physical wall in NU.
I've always liked Meganium's desing, but its utility in-game is BS. Pelipper is cool on both aspects thought, dat Protect vs. Slaking.

The Woobat line is utterly adorable and one of my favorites. It's just so fuzzy and happy :D. Shame that Simple Swoobat isn't as viable as I would like it would be.

Also:

I mean... cmon, how can you hate on something that looks THAT silly. It was never TRYING to be a cool design ok?

Those are the main two that get a lot of hate that I happen to love.

At the top of my head, a few other unpopular mons that I love are: Dustox, Cryogonal, Trubbish

The Woobat line is utterly adorable and one of my favorites. It's just so fuzzy and happy :D

Also:

I mean... cmon, how can you hate on something that looks THAT silly. It was never TRYING to be a cool design ok?

Those are the main two that get a lot of hate that I happen to love.

At the top of my head, a few other unpopular mons that I love are: Dustox, Cryogonal, Trubbish
Woobat, Swoobat and Dustox I like them, Cryogonal is cool, Trubbish and Gardobor are OK, bu Stunkfish is fucking rubbish.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I've always liked Zangoose, even though it seems like no one pays attention to him. I remember using him in my first ruby playthrough because he looked cool, and he actually ended up being the star player of my team w/ Swords Dance, Slash, Brick Break, & Shadow Ball. He also was pretty decent as a competitive Pokemon back in the GBA era. Shame he isn't too great now even w/ Toxic Boost.

Seviper also gets an honorable mention for being an awesome bigass snake.

To stop Off-Topic-ing, I've always liked Ariados, Crobat, and their pre-evolutions, unlike many people. At least many people I've know. I also don't think Quilladin is too bad, it's actually kinda cool.

The only thing that keeps me from liking Seviper is its "iconic" pose. It looks so awkward all scrunched up like that.

Are there any real life snakes that frequently strike that pose? Because it looks unnaturally painful and impractical to me.

I've always liked Zangoose, even though it seems like no one pays attention to him. I remember using him in my first ruby playthrough because he looked cool, and he actually ended up being the star player of my team w/ Swords Dance, Slash, Brick Break, & Shadow Ball. He also was pretty decent as a competitive Pokemon back in the GBA era. Shame he isn't too great now even w/ Toxic Boost.

Sorry that I say it but Zangoose isn't exactly underrated. Zangoose barely gets any hate if people dislike it at all and there are quite a few people who like Zangoose.

I voted for meganium. It is really a beauty. I recall after first seeing it in GSC, that I was really drawn to it (I actually liked all three starters, but reserved chikorita as the only female of the bunch in my party). There isn't anything more serene than a meganium, however I really don't understand how, like togepi, they come through a 12.5% female gender ratio. Honestly, just by looking at it that it is more feminine as a species than it is masculine. The only sense I could think of was that, Game Freak just wants to say "well duh, it's a starter."

Competitive wise, it's very valuable as a supporter (aromatherapy just looks perfect on it, the way the effect is as similar to sweet scent; given that it DOES have a really huge flower on it's neck). But the more helpful setup is as a dual screen user, since its bulk shouldn't be overlooked. This is one cherished dinosaur-flower-plant that I would like to keep in my party, thank you very much. :3

Well, there are a lot of Pokemon that I happen to like, with some of the more notable ones being the bizarre species, such as Aegislash, Garbodor, and even Vanillite. The only competitively useful one is Aegislash (though Doublade should be used for in-game purposes), but Trubbish and Vanillite are adorable.

The worst thing ever is genuinely like Diggersby and not being one of those "Diggersby tho" scrubs.
Why can't this Pokémon get some good attention. I mean, he's a complete badass from every point of view, including competitive battling, something completely unheard for the normal type thing you get in Route 2, which in itself is a really interesting thing.

Speaking of early Route rodents I do like Zigzagoon/Linoone a bit. Though they are kind of weak, they are still usable in-game, and in competitive play they are pretty decent Belly Drum sweepers.

(Not exactly sure if this counts, but still)

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
I may give different sorts of cancer, but I love these pokemon:

love the pokes <3

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Sorry that I say it but Zangoose isn't exactly underrated. Zangoose barely gets any hate if people dislike it at all and there are quite a few people who like Zangoose.
Meh, Zangoose may not get hate, but I still feel like it's an often overlooked and unappreciated Pokemon.

Another, more fitting Pokemon I like is Klink and it's evolutions. A lot of guys bash it saying its design sucks and is lazy, but I actually disagree with that. Gears don't shapeshift, so it's only natural that evolution is done by the addition of more gears; not many people say a word about hating Magnemite (who is cool in his own right too) for doing the same thing upon evolution.

Klink may not be the best battler due to it's non-existent movepool, but Shift Gear + Gear Grind is still a fun little combo, one I enjoyed using in the Battle Subway in Gen 5.

Bouffalant.

Just had a random battle on Showdown with one and that thing does work.

I used to think it was just a Tauros clone, but it certainly has its place. Sap Sipper is too good, and Head Charge is a great STAB after a Sap Sipper boost and a Swords Dance. It's a little on the slow side, but is now among my favorite Pokemon.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

This thing is awesome, I don't know why everyone hates it. I think the design both cute and badass; I'm sure every detractor would be scared shitless if their vanilla soft serve starting breathing -50 degree Celsius air and threatened to impale them with a "waffle" cone of solid ice. I love using it but shame Ice types mostly suck between bad typing and lamely distributed stats. But sometimes, that Ice Beam animation is worth it.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

This thing is awesome, I don't know why everyone hates it. I think the design both cute and badass; I'm sure every detractor would be scared shitless if their vanilla soft serve starting breathing -50 degree Celsius air and threatened to impale them with a "waffle" cone of solid ice. I love using it but shame Ice types mostly suck between bad typing and lamely distributed stats. But sometimes, that Ice Beam animation is worth it.
It's funny because Vanilluxe has the highest non-legendary and non-Mega BST of any Ice-type...

Also I'm a pretty big fan of Tynamo, Musharna, and Wormadam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)