Tournament Stellar Cup - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tico

Heart of the Mountain
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Welcome to the first edition of the Stellar Cup and, also, the first edition of the National Dex Monotype Circuit!
This will be the best place to make your debut on the scene or write a new story with the new year just around the corner.​

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Standard National Dex Monotype.
  • Best-of-three, double elimination.
  • Battles should take place on the Smogtours server or the main PS! server if not.
  • SV cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.
Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Same Type Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Terastal Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle, only being turned off in the case of a player disconnecting, and in that case will only be turned off for 5 minutes. The timer may not be turned off in any other circumstance.

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches in such cases are not allowed.
General recommendations:
  • Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
  • When scheduling, offer as wide a swathe of time when you are available to play. 1 hour of activity on one or two weeknights is unlikely to be considered acceptable.
  • Schedule specifically - do not schedule for "Friday afternoon" or "Sunday morning", pick a date, a time and note the timezone.
  • If I catch news of ghosting or some other sort of nefarious play, I reserve the right to investigate to the full limits of my ability in conjunction with the TD team provided there is adequate evidence to warrant it.
Lastly, the Stellar Cup will contribute towards the 2024 National Dex Monotype Circuit, where the winner will get a Custom Color Change. With that in mind, your performance in this tournament will be important even if you don't end up being the winner.

I'm looking forward to a great tournament, good luck everyone!

Winners Bracket

ToasterBoi420  vs  ARTYMASION
Fluore  vs  DragonPhoenix333
Miyoko  vs  Felines
Ashbala  vs  MarcosPr710
Dead by Daylight  vs  Vaictador
KniY  vs  Samm (13ms)
Trouser Snakes  vs  Dunes
AV Cosmoem  vs  Shinies Rockers
style.css  vs  JojenReed
Ethereal Sword  vs  Banbadoro
Mada  vs  Foufakirby
maroon  vs  Manan999
Bouki  vs  SpeedyBlu
roxie  vs  RiloBR
Sunnyboi0  vs  schwipper
Leafium Z  vs  CrossHeart

Replays ARE mandatory!
Deadline: Sunday, January 14th at 11:59 PM UTC.

Last edited:

Tico

Heart of the Mountain
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Loser's Bracket

KeshBa54  vs  Don Bork
adjustments  vs  NoahTheGreat64
Neko  vs  BloodAce
Bka Onon  vs  Drud
Mateeus  vs  Uta The Clown
The_Gh0st_Shadow  vs  czechbot
Athyestic  vs  Iggy96
Tico  vs  Snuffy lol
Snak  vs  Lightniong
FlamingoPokeman  vs  Keahi
JeoZ  vs  seroo
Concept Everything  vs  flyby76
Arcanine1929  vs  Mihowk
Giyu  vs  Arase
Illecent Excaliburn  vs  feen
Big Chungus irl  vs  Hyjinks

Replays ARE mandatory!
Deadline:
Sunday, January 14th at 11:59 PM UTC.

Last edited:

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
When are extensions due, the people im paired against scheduled for Sunday. This pairing is the same for last round so I’m assuming it’s an extension but being granted an entire week and force me to extend with no public scheduling attempts isn’t fair..this game should be a coin flip

Calling act. Opponent never responded to when I proposed my time, I showed up and gave them 15 mins and they never appeared.
1705173457302.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)