StereoType

Approved by TEG
Stats are the defining characteristic of Pokémon, the things that make every breed of Pokémon different from the other.
We're going to take that individuality away like the evil people we are.

Introducing StereoType!
In this meta, every Pokémon will have the same stats as every other Pokémon of the same type. These stats are determined by the statistical averages of each type.
Dragons are now all offensively skewed, pure steel types can never go above 55 base speed, and normal types really don't have much going for them.
Checks are now unchecked, powerful Pokémon are worthless because of their typings, and somehow I managed to screw over bug types even worse.

This metagame is probably going to play like a mix of Averagemons and Mediocremons with a little bit of its own twist, so be prepared!

The base averages are all pulled directly from Bulbapedia and rounded to the nearest whole number.

Here is a link to an excel spreadsheet for the stats of every type currently being used.

Banned Pokémon/Items:
- Huge Power
- Pure Power
- Light Ball
- Deepseatooth
- Deepseascale
- Thick Club
- Eviolite

This meta also features standard OU clauses.

Things to be aware of:
  • Dual typed Pokémon will average their stats between their two types. For example, Dragonite will have the average stats of a Dragon type and a Flying type.
  • Pokémon with Protean will have the stats of their original typing. Eg. Greninja will have Water/Dark stats always, and Kecleon will always have Normal stats.
  • Arceus and Kecleon with Color Change will always have normal type stats.
  • Pokémon that change types when they Mega Evolve will change their stats according to their new type, except for their HP stat, which will stay the same.
  • Priority is a huge thing in this meta, considering how relatively close all the speeds are.
  • Abilities, typing, and movesets are absolutely key to the usability of a Pokémon, moreso than ever.

Farfetch'd @ Stick
Defiant/Inner Focus
Adamant/Modest/Timid/Jolly Nature
Brave Bird/Air Slash/Air Cutter
Return/Double Edge/Slash/Swift/Uproar/Trump Card/Sword's Dance
Knock Off/Leaf Blade/Poison Jab/Heat Wave/Sword's Dance
Poison Jab/Leaf Blade/Knock Off/Ominous Wind/Sword's Dance
--
Klang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def
Nature: Adamant
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge
- (Filler)
--
Murkrow @ Black Glasses / Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Sucker Punch
- Brave Bird / Drill Peck
- Thunder Wave / Taunt
--
Barbaracle @ White Herb / Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe / 4 SpA or 4 HP
Naughty / Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash / Rock Polish
- Razor Shell
- Infestation / X-Scissor
- Poison Jab / Dragon Claw

Also, if anyone wants to code this and put it on a server, that'd be cool. I haven't the knowledge or the time for that at the moment.

Last edited:
What about mega-evolutions that change the pokemon's type and, therefore, the pokemon's HP?

I think that Huge/Pure Power and Eviolite should be banned because they give pokemon higher stats than anyone could get.

What about mega-evolutions that change the pokemon's type and, therefore, the pokemon's HP?
That's a good point that I didn't think of entirely.
I edited the OP. I suppose all of their stats except HP could change. If anyone else has a better solution, let me know.

Just some more random statistics:
Highest Base HP is 82
Highest Base Attack is 104
Highest Base Defense is 111
Highest Base Special Attack is 89
Highest Base Special Defense is 83
Highest Base Speed is 82

No stats can surpass these. They are the absolute top of the top.
Also, dragon is obviously very powerful. There are 11 pure dragon types.
Flying type Pokes will be under high demand, because having a flying subtype increases speed pretty greatly. This might cause a heavy use of Stealth Rocks.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Set up is godly, no matter what type the one setting up is.
One agility is almost guaranteed to outspeed the entire meta.

Set up is godly, no matter what type the one setting up is.
One agility is almost guaranteed to outspeed the entire meta.
Going off of this, I personally think Eviolite (and also Huge/Pure Power) should be banned for reasons like this:

Klang @ Eviolite
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge
- (Filler)

That's a base 111 Defense with eviolite. After one shift gear, it also outspeeds the entire meta.

If anyone agrees or disagrees, let me know. But I feel that at least Eviolite should be banned because NFE's can have the same base stats as fully evolved mons. Huge Power should probably be banned as well.

Going off of this, I personally think Eviolite (and also Huge/Pure Power) should be banned for reasons like this:

Klang @ Eviolite
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge
- (Filler)

That's a base 111 Defense with eviolite.
If anyone agrees or disagrees, let me know. But I feel that at least Eviolite should be banned because NFE's can have the same base stats as fully evolved mons. Huge Power should probably be banned as well.
The H/P Power bans need to happen(as well as Light Ball, Deepseatooth, and possibly Deepseascale and Thick Club). However there shouldn't be an Eviolite ban and instead we should ban individual NFE's because a lot of NFE's lack the movepool to be viable and quite a few pokemon would rather have an offensive item instead.

Edit: just realized I was going to post this set here

Farfetch'd @ Stick
Defiant/Inner Focus

74/74/63/64/67/75 Stats are pretty decent compared to the rest of the metagame and with critting 1/2 or all the time you do a quite a bit of damage
+2 252+ Atk Farfetch'd Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel on a critical hit: 161-190 (48.2 - 56.8%) -- 41% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Farfetch'd Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel on a critical hit: 148-175 (44.3 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Farfetch'd Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel on a critical hit: 178-210 (53.2 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
It can 2HKO one of the specially bulkiest mon in the game and has a good chance to 2HKO the physically bulkiest one at +2.

Last edited:
The H/P Power bans need to happen(as well as Light Ball, Deepseatooth, and possibly Deepseascale and Thick Club). However there shouldn't be an Eviolite ban and instead we should ban individual NFE's because a lot of NFE's lack the movepool to be viable and quite a few pokemon would rather have an offensive boosting item instead.
The current banlist is now:
- Huge Power
- Pure Power
- Light Ball
- Deepseatooth
- Deepseascale
- Thick Club

I'm still for banning eviolite, but if it doesn't appear to be as big of a problem as I think it is, I'll keep it off the banlist. I don't want the meta to be run by me, I want it to be run by the community.

My problem with Eviolite is that there are so many Pokémon that can take advantage of it now. But we'll just have to see how it goes for the time being, and see what other people have to say about it as well.

Farfetch'd @ Stick
Defiant/Inner Focus

74/74/63/64/67/75 Stats are pretty decent compared to the rest of the metagame and with critting 1/2 or all the time you do a quite a bit of damage
+2 252+ Atk Farfetch'd Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel on a critical hit: 161-190 (48.2 - 56.8%) -- 41% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Farfetch'd Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel on a critical hit: 148-175 (44.3 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Farfetch'd Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel on a critical hit: 178-210 (53.2 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
It can 2HKO one of the specially bulkiest mon in the game and has a good chance to 2HKO the physically bulkiest one at +2.
Did you do those calcs against a Registeel with the new stats?
Either way, that's pretty impressive.

I think we should start unbanning ubers picked for stats.
I'd love to try Mewtwo out in a meta where it's movepool will trump most things it's type, but it won't be op due to having the same stats as them.

I think we should start unbanning ubers picked for stats.
I'd love to try Mewtwo out in a meta where it's movepool will trump most things it's type, but it won't be op due to having the same stats as them.
As for right now, there are no banned Pokémon. While it has OU clauses, there aren't any banned Pokémon as of now, as I don't see a reason for there to be banned Pokémon, like you said. Although, Smeargle may warrant a ban.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Murkrow stron please?

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Sucker Punch
- Brave Bird
- Thunder Wave / Taunt

Dark / Flying gets 69/83/66/71/67/78, which is not bad at all considering everything's new stats. It was either this or Mandibuzz (Knock Off is worth using it), but I decided to post about this thing instead because its cuter. Sucker Punch and Brave Bird are your STABs, Roost is priority recovery, and the last moveslot depends on if you want to do better vs Offense (T-Wave) or Stall (Taunt). Murkrow is cute and pretty decent in this imo.

Some other thing to look at is the NFE Dragons - they have some silly stats with Eviolite.

Another idea for Eviolite would be to use statistical averages of all fully evo. mons for fully evolved mons and what Bulbapedia calls "Overall averages" or NFE.
For example :
Snorunt and Glalie are both pure Ice-types, and they currently have 74/75/71/79/80/70 stats.
=> Glalie is fully evolved, so it would become 82/83/83/90/93/79.
=> Snorunt is a NFE, so it would stay 74/75/71/79/80/70.

It would buff FE mons slightly...

Another idea for Eviolite would be to use statistical averages of all fully evo. mons for fully evolved mons and what Bulbapedia calls "Overall averages" or NFE.
For example :
Snorunt and Glalie are both pure Ice-types, and they currently have 74/75/71/79/80/70 stats.
=> Glalie is fully evolved, so it would become 82/83/83/90/93/79.
=> Snorunt is a NFE, so it would stay 74/75/71/79/80/70.

It would buff FE mons slightly...
I was thinking about that when I was actually coming up with the idea, but decided against it, as having multiple stat spreads per type in my opinion defeats the purpose.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Dragonair StereoType Ubers 2014
Highest attack in the game, eviolite and marvel scale. Access to: extremespeed, dragon dance, agility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)