SM Ubers Sticky Situation (400th post RMT)

Sticky Situation

smeargle.png
groudon-primal.png
gengar-mega.png
yveltal.png
xerneas-active.png
arceus-ground.png

Introduction
Hello, this is going to be my 4th RMT and maybe the most successful build so far in Ubers I have made. I know webs is a huge trend going on in Ubers and everyone have their ways of building it, but still happy what this team has done. I made a similar RMT to this but wasnt happy with the build plus when I made that RMT I started Ubers. This team has hit top 10 in the regular Ubers ladder, got me reqs for Goth test and gave me some big wins in the last Uber ssnl.

proof
jj urlea.png

image.png

The Build

smeargle.png

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Whirlwind
- Sticky Web
- Rapid Spin/Toxic Thread
- Nuzzle

Let's start with Smeagle. This Pokemon you should lead with 95% of the only time you shouldn't is when you see Mega Gengar on the other because you'll lose the chance getting up webs since Mega Gengar almost always has taunt. Now with the set pretty much straight and forward lead with webs and die. rapid spin helps vs Deoxys-Speed leads unless it's Rocky Helmet which isn't used a lot. The other choice is Toxic Thread. Toxic Thread can help you keep webs up vs Arceus supports and most notable Arceus-Ground because it's immune to Nuzzle. Whirlwind is here to stop set up

groudon-primal.png

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Eruption
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock

The King of Ubers. Groudon set helps me against Ho-oh and anything that tries to come in and remove hazards. Eruption just slam everything that tries to switch in and even 2hko with rocks up like Giratina-Origin. Precipice Blades is just strong stab. Rock Tomb is for hitting Ho-oh and help not letting Mega Salamence set up. Stealth Rocks should always be on every team ever made in singles. Now with Spread I went with is for just try hit things hard and being fast. Groudon is just for punching holes and does a really good job at it.

gengar-mega.png

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Mega Gengar helps me remove Threats to the team and keep webs up with the combination of Taunt+Destiny Bond. Gengar takes skill to use because you can't just Destiny Bond and know they'll Attack. What I do if I know the skill level is just Taunt than Destiny Bond because shadow ball or Sludge wave doesnt have the power to 2HKO CM Arceus or E-Killer. Sludge Wave+Shadow Ball is just for Stab.

yveltal.png

Yveltal @ Metronome
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch/Knock Off
- Taunt

The MVP of the team. This Pokemon alone won me some big games because Metronome. I used that item because it has amazing spams moves Dark+Flying. Once it's boosted it just hits so damn strong. when I play against balance/Stall this Pokemon goes in. I use Taunt to help me keep Hazards up and also stop Geomancy Xerneas or Scarf Xerneas Defog. Sucker Punch is to pick off Pokemon but I been using knock more to knock off items on Pokemon like Magearna and Ho-oh which can help my own Xerneas to break though more easily.

xerneas-active.png

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Geomancy

Xerneas can be a breaker or cleaner matters on the match up but I went with spread because +1 speed 120 evs Xerneas can still out speed opposing Mega Gengar and the rest into HP and need to go 252 SpA Modest for it to sweep or break. Moonblast again strong stab. Thunder+Focus Blast lets me Hit Ho-oh, Dusk-Mane, and Magearna. Plus I need a dark check. Geomancy is for boosting up.

arceus-ground.png

Arceus-Ground @ Groundium Z
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Recover
- Swords Dance

The finisher of the team. Ground+Rock hits the whole meta and Arceus is a nice cleaner late game. I went with Groundium Z is because helps me pick off some serious threats to the team like Kyorge and Marshadow. Recover helps me have set up and longevity in the game. Under webs it doesnt have to be worried to get out speed by anything +120 base speed most notable Marshadow.

Replays
sorry replays are down at the moment and these two are the only ones I have in a file
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-767688232
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-756194681

Threat List

yveltal.png
+
arceus-ground.png

Scarf Yveltal can be really annoying because it can U-Turn out on smeargle into Arceus-Ground and I'll lose the opportunity keeping webs up. plus Scarf Yveltal alone can be really annoying. I try to work around this core by using Toxic Thread or find another opportunity getting webs up. Any CM Arceus can be annoying to play against if I play the Mega Gengar wrong.

arceus-ground.png

Double Kick lead Terrakion has happened to me. Was an ssnl game against Holy Break but you'll never see this Pokemon but still a threat.

xerneas-active.png

Geomancy Xerneas is great threat to the team only way to keep it in check is keep pressure on it and play Agro against it.

arceus-ground.png

E-Killer can be a huge problem gotta chip it or trap it with Mega Gengar

Fianl thoughts+S/O+Import

http://pokepast.es/b3268dccce9c4d18
This team is really fun and just play agro with it and you'll see good results. I hope to see people use it and have fun with it. nothing really much to say here but wanna give my S/O to the Goons in the Delta, Eyebrow, Durians, and Imperium chats you guys are the best and really happy to meet you all!

Attachments

Last edited:
I like your post and the team. Very well structured gj man :-)

Maybe i can contribute a little in the Threat area. Played alot of uber games and usually i prepare all my teams for such an opening.
Here is an overview what you can do against it. The percentage describes the chances you are ahead.

1) Meme:

Flinch: Fake Out Users (Kangaskhan/Lopunny/Pikachu etc.) 100%
Mew: Synchronize with either Magic Coat/Taunt/U-Turn 100 %
Hawlucha Limber/Taunt 100 %
Multi Attack Users: Pheromoza, Terrakion, Choice Banded Rock Blasts etc. 100 %

2) Sets:

Mega Gengar
(Taunt/Webs) 70%
(Taunt/Nuzzle) 0.5625 %
(Substitute/Nuzzle)-> Mega Evolution and a sub set up 66%
(Substitute/Webs) and Whirlwind Turn 2-> 50%

Yveltal + Fast Ground Type
(U-Turn/Nuzzle)
100%
(U-Turn/Webs) 50%
(Taunt/Webs) 75%
(Taunt/Nuzzle) 20%

Defensive Ho-oh with Defog 0.6375 %
(Toxic/Nuzzle) -> stay in and press Defog: 0.6375 %
(Toxic/Webs) -> stay in and press Defog 0.6375 %
(Sacred Fire/Nuzzle) -> 79,7%
44% chance to kill and the 0.6375 % -> 1-((1-0,44)*(1-0,6375))
(Sacred Fire/Webs) -> 58%

Shaymin Sky
Air Slash 57%

Deoxys Speed
Rocky Helmet (90%)
Focus Sash (0%)

Magic Coat
Sable Eye Mega (100%)
Mega Diancie (100%)
Arceus Ground

Missing Spore:
Defog + Espeed 90%
Arceus Ground/Rayquaza/Meme

Excadrill: 60%
(you have a spin blocker but he can not rly switch into it)

Cloyster 70%
Ice spear kills and you cannot let it smash

Best regards

L3mN

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)