SM Ubers -Sticky Situation-

Hello everyone! I'm Jhonx from End Game Team and STAG Klan, featuring my best creation by far on USM Ubers Metagame. I decided to share it because I had a lot of tournament success with this team including a lot of easy wins. However, I feel like this struggles versus some matchups and hope to get some valuable feedback from RMTing it. This team is based on my favorite playstyle (Hyper Offense) and it's very fun to use.

Team Building Process

When I started building this team, all I had in mind was to build around the combination of of Sticky Web + Pure Offense. At first, I thought tried out different Sticky Web setters like Forretress, Smeargle, Slurpuff and Shuckle, but none of these pokemon suited my style since they are all pretty slow and gets easily Defog-ed on or Taunt-ed. In the end, I ended up going with Ribombee since it's fast enough to outspeed Yveltal and Defog-users like Arceus Support formes, as well as threaten Mega Salamence.

I chose this core because Arceus is a strong pokemon that can hurt opposing team seriously with Swords Dance and enough support, but it struggles agaisn't Gengar Mega, Lugia and physical walls in general. Taunt Yveltal makes a good partner as it's able to cover for Arceus and also prevent Defog users from removing Sticky Web for free. This also lets me sweep with Arceus on mid-game / late-game.

Finally, Primal Groudon is on the team primarily to set up Stealth Rock and pressure Defog users, while Xerneas and Lucario cover each others checks, like how Xerneas hates Steel types but Lucario Mega cover Xerneas from them, also Lucario Mega helps me with priority and breaks Stall without major issues once Stealth Rock is up.

Finally the team looks like this.

Team In Depth.

Ribombee @

Ability: Sweet Veil
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog / Toxic
- Moonblast
- Sticky Web
- U-turn / Toxic

Main role of Ribombee on this team is set up Sticky Web fast and U-Turn or die. After testing by playing a lot of games, I've found some more uses for it like crippling Support Arceus formes with Toxic. It also doesn't lose to opposing Sticky Web setters like Smeargle and can threaten Defog Mega Salamence with Moonblast, as well as outspeed Taunt users like Yveltal, letting me setup Sticky Web easily with Ribombee. I prefer this Pokemon over Smeargle because it loses Taunt Yveltal and Ribombee doesn't. I've tried out other Sticky Webs setters like Shuckle and Forretress, but they get defog-ed very easy, Ribombee learns defog in a emergency case if you ever want to remove entry hazards (rarely the case) and U-Turn is prefered because I've seen Block Xerneas a lot lately and no one wants get sweeped turn 1 lol. This prevents that. Forgot to mention Ribombee beats Sableye Mega with it's fairy stab, easily 2HKOing it and allowing you to set up Sticky Web.

Arceus @
/

Ability: Multitype
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Refresh / Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw

I wanted a setup sweeper that can take hits and stuff.Arceus Normalium Z seemed perfect for that, since it let me Swords Dance while sponging attacks. Normalium Z lets me nuke something opponent with Z-Extreme Speed or recover up with Z Refresh. It's like a built in Rest + Chesto and a Z Move in one item. The Speed EVs allow E-Killer to outspeed Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. Max attack for maximum damange output and the rest are dumped in HP to maximize bulk. Shadow Claw is coverage for Marshadow and Gengar-Mega. This set is works pretty well with Sticky Webs as it drops the speed from Marshadow and Gengar, leaving them dead agaisn't this Arceus. Substitute is a variant too. In case you use Substitute, I recommend running Mago Berry Arceus and this spread which I optimized for Substitute 92 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Def / 124 Spe. The HP EVs are so that Seismic Toss cannot break your Subsitute and give bulks too while you still outspeed Primals.

Groudon-Primal @

Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 92 Atk / 240 SpA / 176 Spe
Mild Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb
- Precipice Blades
- Eruption

Primal Groudon is needed on this team and it lets me set up Stealth Rock which is needed to improve my matchup vs stall and random Focus Sash users. With Rock Tomb I can prevent Ho-Oh from going for Defog and improve my matchup vs Mega Salamence. Eruption is a nuke from 100% HP and lets Primal Groudon often sweep with the Speed drop frpm Sticky Webs. Eruption also helps to bring down Arceus-Ground on the switch in, 2HKO Giratina-Origin, and KO Lugia after Stealth Rock damage. Precipice Blades for opposing Groudon and hits hard enough Blissey and Kyogre.

Lucario-Mega @

Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Adamant SD Mega Lucario is for cleaning late game when threats are weakened enough, but can also be used to sweep in early game too. Stone Edge is there for beating Ho-Oh and doing more to Lugia while an Adamant nature over Jolly nature on Sticky Webs makes the target slower than Lucario and you can nuke Arceus Formes back with Close Combat at +2, also Bullet Punch Adamant 2HKO Xerneas Standard (53% to 63%), you can run Meteor Mash instead of Stone Edge, but Stone Edge gives me better Match Up vs Ho-Oh as it can KO it, this set can KO Necrozma Dusk Mane standard with Close Combat + Bullet Punch combination. Lastly, priority BP is useful for beating a boosting Xerneas.

Xerneas @

Ability: Fairy Aura
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Thunder
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk

Xerneas is on the team to form a core with Lucario Mega, as Lucario Mega erases Steel Types that Xerneas struggles with and Xerneas erases Ground Types with powerful Specs hits which do tons of damage to practically anything. Xerneas also answers most Dark types, this set running a Timid Nature over Modest to speed tie Yveltal. Moonblast as it STAB move and its most powerful attack, Focus Blast hits Steel types like Ferrothorn or Heatran, Thunder lures Ho-Oh / Lugia, and Sleep Talk is for Spores from Smeargle. This set 2HKOs Offensive Primal Groudon variants after Stealth Rock most of the time and allows you to spam Moonblast to deal a lot of damage to other threats like Ekiller Arceus (Jolly Variant), opposing Xerneas with No HP investment, etc.

Yveltal @

Ability: Dark Aura
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Disable
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt

The GOAT LORD YVELTAL. I love this set and maybe you are wondering "WTF DOES IT DO!?" This set is used to break stall and beat mons such as support Arceus with Metronome boosted Oblivion Wing. Taunt prevents Defog or Calm Mind or any status move and then Disable disables the attacking move, forcing them into struggle and letting you just attack with Oblivion or Dark Pulse, Metronome boosting each consecutive attack you do. Disable also works vs some utility moves like set up moves, Recover or mono-attackers. This works against many mons like Blissey, Toxapex, stall mons in general, and can work vs some Hyper Offense too. This Yveltal also works as the Gengar and Marshadow check as well as the ground immunity on this team the Taunt user for beating Defog users. This set works very well with Normalium Arceus, as Yveltal beats Marshadow with Oblivion Wing and Taunt beats walls that stop Arceus from sweeping.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion of the team
This team is easy to use and fun to play, but it struggles vs some match ups like dual Defog, Diancie Mega and others, but you are usually able to outplay them. It's impossible cover all threats in the USM Metagame and the best way you can beat them is playing offensively and applying pressure to them and not letting them come in for free. Ribombee can sound memey but it works pretty well, specially due to its good speed and Fairy STAB that hits Sableye Mega and Yveltal hard, two main threats to webs.

Replays
Seasonal r4 winners bracket, Lost to a choke but shows the efectiveness vs Stall if played well.
This is a game from Pokespain Grand Slam where I won.
PTPL Week 5 where I broke a guy record lol.
vs a guy in a room tour finals...
vs Lednah for Pokespain tour
have many others but dont remember the alts u.u sorry.

Shoutouts to:
Smogon English Comunity
NicoReaper for this excellent banner, thnx friend for all the arts you do for me.
CKW thanks friend for check all the grammar, this rmt would been impossible for me if you didn't help, thanks for all the time you spent helping me n.n
The Dovahneer thnx for check my grammar too, this rmt is done now thanks to your help.
WreckDra for show me Ribombee in a test match, thanks bro, U gave me the light my head needed in that moment lol.
Jascha lmao my bro, I will beat u someday in UNO LOL
Omfuga FREE OMFUGA LOL, thnx for be a cool man, I always learn when I play you n.n

Spanish Comunity
-PkmTrainerBlue- por ser un excelente lider, maldito mmg gracias por todo el apoyo brindado, siempre estaré ahi ayudando en lo que pueda al clan!
ZDen gracias maldito mmg por ayudarme a testear en varias ocasiones y por aconsejarme igual, sin ti no habría mejorado en el juego.
Vileman "Ubers in 2018 lol..." te quiero man, grax por ser un buen amigo cuando lo necesitaba :]
EG Tamalin por nunca creer en mis builds y terminar ganando aun así JAJAJ.
SpectearEsLove gracias man por apoyarme y entrenarme en el juego, sin duda eres mi ultimo maestro en este juego y gracias a tí he mejorado ahora.
Will of Fire thnx bro for play always with me, I love train with you my mind and skills, never change pls <3.

Old Legends
Arii Stella gracias por haberme enseñado Ubers en ORAS y meterme a este grandioso clan que es EG, gracias a tí estoy donde estoy ahora y gracias a esas violaciones que me dabas ahora tengo las oportunidades que tengo, thnx for all, friends 4ever <3
Dominatio I miss u my friend, I need someone to train with as old times, if you come back to game someday ur welcome again in EG, our old house.

STAG Klan
The Trap God thnx for all the test games and opportunitys u give to me, hope this time we can see ourselves in UPL.
magsyy for play me in adv, I ve been playing much better thnx to u in adv.
Garay oak for help me test and give me nice matchs to play, its a pleasure play with you man.
There are lot of guys more, dont know all the accounts, but this is in general: thnx for be nice mans and help me when you all can, its a pleasure be part of STAG klan and hope I can help u all in everything u guys need.

Last edited:
At first, I thought tried out different Sticky Web setters like Forretress,
Wut

Anyways I liked your RMT and was looking forward to one since you implied the posting in Discord. In all honesty reading your RMT was promising decision and therefore I would like to leave some suggestions.

First of all Ribombee isn't the greatest web setter - I know other web setters have their drawbacks (random defog / taunt) but Ribombee fails to provide other crucial utilities as other web setters do. Defog is very counterproductive due to the fact that you are carrying a hazard removal move when you are trying to set an entry hazard yourself and most likely Ribombee won't be alive when they later send defog mmence. Good news is that most web teams end up pressing X against defog mmence because honestly fuck that mon. Unfortunately the only way to deal with the crippling weakness of your team is using smeargle over ribombee; yes, it pretty much tears down what you built around and Smeargle is worse than Ribombee vs taunt users and stuff but it an circumvent stuff like defog groundceus with toxic thread and birds with nuzzle. Also if they lead with stuff like subSD groundceus and if they sub turn 1 as you web you are pretty much done for it but that isn't the case if you use smeargle with whirlwind. If you still are gonna stick to ribombee at least get stun spore so you can fuck with scarf leads or support arc forms so they will be taunted by ybird.

Arceus doesn't fit in this team at all. Your team is built around webs and you have mega lucario which deals with geoxern so you don't crucially need priority. What I would suggest is running subSD groundceus if you really really wanna use a mon that destroys fast and frail threats like marsh and mgar. You can even use ghostceus because it is gonna be a valuable spinblocker for your team and it also blanket checks necrozma-dm (those who use 36 remainder EV on hp fails to outspeed ghostceus after web drop and rock polish).

188 Speed EV on Primal Groudon is an option if you want to outspeed Ultra Necrozma after it was slowed by Sticky Web.

Yveltal already bothers stall with Taunt so disable is just nigh unviable option here - I can see where you are coming from but taunt basically shuts down recovery option from walls and stuff like toxapex or chansey, what you are aiming to overcome with the set, already struggle to deal with taunt + owing. I would rather run something like U-turn or sucker bc the former takes advantage of yveltal's ability to force switches and the latter fulfills your intention of checking mgar.

So yeah, I hope actually any of these were constructive. I know you put a lot of effort into this RMT and I am kinda blowing my own trumpet here when the RMT is for mostly introducing a web team but this is the best I could do as a passerby ubers player. Even though I posted a whole bunch of criticisms I hope you understand because I spent time writing this because I respect your thought process and make even better teams in the future. I'm out of here, hopefully someone better (most likely team raters) will stop by and point out anything I have mistaken / missed.

At the end I enjoyed reading and good team man :smile:

Last edited:
Wut

Anyways I liked your RMT and was looking forward to one since you implied the posting in Discord. In all honesty reading your RMT was promising decision and therefore I would like to leave some suggestions.

First of all Ribombee isn't the greatest web setter - I know other web setters have their drawbacks (random defog / taunt) but Ribombee fails to provide other crucial utilities as other web setters do. Defog is very counterproductive due to the fact that you are carrying a hazard removal move when you are trying to set an entry hazard yourself and most likely Ribombee won't be alive when they later send defog mmence. Good news is that most web teams end up pressing X against defog mmence because honestly fuck that mon. Unfortunately the only way to deal with the crippling weakness of your team is using smeargle over ribombee; yes, it pretty much tears down what you built around and Smeargle is worse than Ribombee vs taunt users and stuff but it an circumvent stuff like defog groundceus with toxic thread and birds with nuzzle. Also if they lead with stuff like subSD groundceus and if they sub turn 1 as you web you are pretty much done for it but that isn't the case if you use smeargle with whirlwind. If you still are gonna stick to ribombee at least get stun spore so you can fuck with scarf leads or support arc forms so they will be taunted by ybird.

Arceus doesn't fit in this team at all. Your team is built around webs and you have mega lucario which deals with geoxern so you don't crucially need priority. What I would suggest is running subSD groundceus if you really really wanna use a mon that destroys fast and frail threats like marsh and mgar. You can even use ghostceus because it is gonna be a valuable spinblocker for your team and it also blanket checks necrozma-dm (those who use 36 remainder EV on hp fails to outspeed ghostceus after web drop and rock polish).

188 Speed EV on Primal Groudon is an option if you want to outspeed Ultra Necrozma after it was slowed by Sticky Web.

Yveltal already bothers stall with Taunt so disable is just nigh unviable option here - I can see where you are coming from but taunt basically shuts down recovery option from walls and stuff like toxapex or chansey, what you are aiming to overcome with the set, already struggle to deal with taunt + owing. I would rather run something like U-turn or sucker bc the former takes advantage of yveltal's ability to force switches and the latter fulfills your intention of checking mgar.

So yeah, I hope actually any of these were constructive. I know you put a lot of effort into this RMT and I am kinda blowing my own trumpet here when the RMT is for mostly introducing a web team but this is the best I could do as a passerby ubers player. Even though I posted a whole bunch of criticisms I hope you understand because I spent time writing this because I respect your thought process and make even better teams in the future. I'm out of here, hopefully someone better (most likely team raters) will stop by and point out anything I have mistaken / missed.

At the end I enjoyed reading and good team man :smile:
Thnx for the suggestions man! I will try them all :D

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This team is identical to Cynara's Sticky Web HO team except with the use of Ribo as a webs setter and a different SD Arc, which I would argue makes less sense than what Cynara opts for.

Big issues here are Mega Mence, RP P Don, and strong anti-hazard cores. I'm not going to go super in-depth with the metagaming of Ribo at the moment, but max Speed seems to make some sense as there probably isn't any worthwhile bulk benchmark you can hit and it creeps past mons like Naga and Gren. Being stuck a couple points behind Marsh is unfortunate. Defog is semi nonsensical considering this is a mon that pretty much only exists to set Webs and then die. I get that you've just slapped it on in the off chance you need some emergency anti-hazard, but my point is that if you follow the primary aim of the team, the move is in direct conflict with said aim. I'd imagine you'd just want to run Toxic or some other support move. It's also not completely Smeargle-proof, but it's not bad.

Mega Mence is scary by virtue of the fact you have no flying resists and can simultaneously threaten Defog. RP P Don is scary in that you cannot deny setup, have no resists to their coverage, and EKiller is your only opt to revenge. Strong Defog cores can find a way to get rid of webs. There's not really an easy way to improve this team structure outside of changing the Arc forme, or P Don / Xern sets. An Arc Ground or Ghost can be more effective at threatening defensive teams / Mega Mence / P Don, which would help improve all major problems at once. Geo Xern is a good mon (regardless of web support), and so is SD P Don.

That's just about all there is to say, good luck with the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)