SS Ubers Sticky Web + Dracozolt

This is my first Uber team and i decided to try make an Uber Monotype SS team. Dracozolt running bolt beak would pair perfectly with a suicide lead Galvantula to slowdown foes along with a electric terrain from Pincurchin to further boost the damage output from Bolt Beak. Toxtricity is used as a wall breaker and Zekrom is used as a secondary sweeper after Dracozolt. This duo both works well with the Pincurchin set ups wearing down swap ins. Rotom-wash is a dedicated defogger and special tank who is my swap in for any ground based attacks which my team is mostly weak to. I'm not to keen on how Uber works but was wondering if this team comp would be viable. Thanks in advance for anyone who takes time to criticize my team.

Zekrom @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bolt Strike
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute

Zekrom is the teams physical wallbreaker and with the aid of dragon dance it can take down physical walls with easy, substitute is best used against walls who dont have enough damage to break the substitute after one hit. Substitute allows for a safeguard for any swap ins wh might be a threat for zekrom. If zekrom has dd set up and a substitute in most cases will sweep. Bolt Strike is his strongest stab move and deals massive damage, Dragon claw OHKOS most threats to the team such as groudon especially after a ddance setup. Life orb to increase damage output.

Toxtricity @ Choice Specs
Ability: Punk Rock
Gigantamax: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overdrive
- Boomburst
- Sludge Wave
- Volt Switch

Toxtricity is the teams special wallbreaker. Overdrive and boomburst are both sound based move which can deal a lot of damage thanks to punk rock. Sludge wave is stab used against fairy and grass pokemon. Volt switch allows toxtricity to act as a pivot to swap out against a predicted swap in who poses a threat to toxtricity. 252 speed with a timid nature with the help of sticky web allow it to outspeed the majority of pokemon. Choice specs increases the damage output. Gigamantax toxtricity can decrease the speed of all opponents (max strike) and makes sure that dracovolt can sweep.

Pincurchin @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Discharge
- Recover

Pincurchin is a support for the team as it sets up electric terrain when it comes in. I run toxic spikes and spikes to be able to wear down the other team allowing team mates to kill opponents with ease. Discharge is a stab move that has a chance to paralyze the opponent. Pincurchin is running recovery to increase survivability. Terrain extender is to enhance electric surge, and i run a bold nature with 252 hp and 252 def because the team lacks a physical defence but i still try to avoid losing pincurchin early due to the ability and the whole team benefitting from it.

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- String Shot

Galvantula is the suicide lead of the team, after i get a sticky web in, I damage the opponent as much as possible, or if i see that the enemy pokemon is setting up, i use string shot to make sure that it is slower then my next swap in, usually dracozolt to force a swap out or maybe get a kill. Timid, 252 speed evs and focus sash are to make sure galvantula does its job the best it can. Thunder can OHKO a charizard and is in general a very strong stab move for galvantula to run, bug buzz is used for pokemon who can tank thunder, also the 10% to reduce sp def is nice aswell.

Dracozolt @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Dragon Claw
- Earth Quake
- Fire Fang

Dracozolt is the teams physical sweeper. Scarfed Dracozolt is faster then most unboosted pokemon if sticky webs are present and is able to do massive damage using bolt beak, especially if electric terrain is present. Dragon claw is used to hit pokemon who are resistant/immune to bolt beak such as seismitoad. Earthquake is to deal with pokemon steel pokemon like aegislash. Fire fang is to kill ferrothorn. A jolly nature and 252 speed is to make sure that dracozolt moves first with bolt beak.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain-Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-wash was a fill pokemon for my team as it lacked good ground coverage and good special defence. Levitate makes it immune to ground attacks. Hydropump is to be able to deal with ground. Volt switch allows rotom to be able to slow pivot and safely bring in a teammate.
Will-o-wisp is used against pokemon that rotom struggles against. Pain split is a way to regain hp and keep rotom alive longer. I found that i prefer to run pain split over defog because i have never needed to use it as i barely came across any hazard setters who posed a threat to me.

---

This team excels against teams who cant handle the sticky web debuff or cant get rid of it. Trick room users are a major treat to this team as most of the key pokemon are speed based especially when sticky web is present. Toxic/burn stats effects are major threats to my team especially to my Rotom and Pincurchin who i rely on to safely swap into. If Dracozolt gets hit by knock off it loses a lot of its use as it is then slower then most pokemon i need it to kill. If i fail to set up sticky web at the start i have a hard match especially if lose Galvantula early without setting up sticky web. Zacian is a very fast pokemon that i cant kill very easily without setting up and considering that his typing fairy/steel i cant sludge wave to kill or my Toxtricity dies i have to rely on my dragon types who are 2x weak to fairy to kill it. Without sticky web support Zacian beats both Zekrom and Dracozolt fairly easily.

Last edited by a moderator:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

edit: unlocked

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Introduction
Unfortunately, Monotype Ubers is not nearly as popular as the last-gen. This means it is less developed, primarily due to a lack of viable Uber Pokemon for Monotype. However, in the last generation, I had a decent experience building and playing Monotype Ubers and avidly playing Monotype's current generation. I have a few ways to improve your team. I kept the main idea of momentum with Webs into a sweep. However, I changed precisely how that is done for the better. Sticky Webs are not as great as the last generation but seemed to be what you wanted to build with, so I kept them. Now let's get into the rate!

Major Changes
Alolan Raichu > Toxtricity
:raichu-alola:>:toxtricity:
Alolan Raichu is one of the three Pokemon with Dynamax potential. I know I took Rotom-W away because I think it genuinely sucks this generation. Instead, to help remedy the Ground weakness, I did give the team Surf Alolan Raichu. This can pretty nicely take care of Ground teams after Seismitoad, Quagsire, or Gastrodon are out of the picture. It also provides a speedy revenge killer for the team since the team is based on momentum. This is the reasoning for a ton of my changes, abusing the central idea of Sticky Webs.

Rotom-Heat > Rotom-Wash
:rotom-heat:>:rotom-wash:
Rotom-Wash sucks, and Rotom-H is vastly the far superior form for Electric teams, a potential Dynamax abuser, and helps break down Steel teams. I also gave Rotom-H the ability to Defog or use Substitute, depending on which you prefer. Generally, Substitute will be more useful. However, Defog can be used in clinch situations. Steel teams are also going to be way more common in Ubers due to the fact they have access to Zacian-C, Zazamenta-C, Magearna, and Melmetal.

Zeraora > Dracozolt
:zeraora:>:dracozolt:
I changed Dracozolt into Zeraora for a few reasons. I felt like they could target the same matchups. Zeraora is stronger overall and can set up. Zeraora can take on Dragons with Play Rough and Close Combat. At the same time, Heavy-Duty Boots allows it to dodge other hazards such as Sticky Webs and Toxic Spikes.

Minor Changes
Zekrom
:zekrom:
Zekrom became a Dragon Dance sweeper. It is a new feature in SS. This allows it to become a devastating sweeper, especially with Sticky Webs support. Substitute will enable it to dodge random status conditions and take advantage of poor attacks from support Pokemon. A Lum Berry serves as a backup for when Substitute fails but can also preserve Zekroms sweep after an Outrage confusion. Zekrom should best be set up when all its checks and weakened or gone. When Zekrom forces a switch or can easily set up a Substitute, preferably after the Dynamax on the opposing side has been used.

Galvantula
:galvantula:
The main change on Galvantula was to give it Energy Ball over Sticky Web. This allows it to target Water/Ground-type Pokemon, giving Alolan Raichu a more comfortable time winning the Ground matchup. This also will enable Galvantula to pressure Water even as a lead heavily. However, Water teams should not be too difficult to beat, given the natural type advantage and Sticky Webs.

Pincurchin
:pincurchin:
The only thing I did here was removed recovery from Pincurchin as its not bulky, so there is no use for that. Instead, I just suited Pincurchin to support the hyper offensive team better.

Conclusion
:ss/zekrom::ss/zeraora::ss/pincurchin::ss/galvantula::ss/rotom-heat::ss/raichu-alola:
{team can be found by clicking on the sprites above}

The team is essentially now the best version of any Sticky Web team, which is poorer thanks to Heavy-Duty Boots, being setup spam. Anyway, good luck with the team, and I hope you enjoy playing with my version of the team. If you have any questions, let me know. I'm maroon on PS! and maroon#1999 on discord and wouldn't mind answering any potential questions, comments, or concerns!

Hi! Thanks for the advice! I can totally understand these changes and will have to agree that it does look like a better team as a whole. I especially liked the a-raichu change, fits in very nicely with the team on electric terrain and i will feel more comfortable dealing with ground types with surf. I was hoping to be able to keep Dracozolt though i will have to completely agree with Zeraora being the better option. I will be definitely be trying your team and i will dm you my thoughts and experiences about it on discord.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)