SV OU Sticky Webs HO ft. Tera Normal Gliscor (peak 1710 elo, still climbing)

IMG_4145.jpeg

(He’s crying cause he’s using Facade)

INTRODUCTION

Come one, come all, to the absolute goofiest, most absurd team to ever grace the OU ladder! I’ve always been a lover of all things sticky webs, and this team has been my closest attempt yet at perfecting the archetype. A lot of this team is relatively standard, however there’s one particular pick that seems like something straight out of a YouTube thumbnail, so without further ado, let’s hop into the squad.

THE TEAM

IMG_4136.jpeg

Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stun Spore
- Moonblast
- Skill Swap
- Sticky Web

The main sticky enabler of the team, this bee lookin gremlin allows for the fast deployment of sticky webs. Skill swap is there to predict magic bounce predictions and ensure an almost guaranteed webs, Stun Spore is there to help thwart set up attempts from the likes of mons like Roaring Moon and Volcarona, and Moonblast is chosen over Bug Buzz for more consistent damage. Focus Sash helps it live hits and actually stay on the field for more then one turn since it’s built like wet paper that was left to dry out in the Sahara desert. Honestly not much to say here, pretty normal set.

IMG_4137.png

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Stellar
Timid Nature
- Tera Blast
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Glare

This Mon is actually so broken like holy crap. A lot of matches that seem winnable can just be straight up won by cheesing the opponent with paralysis from glare or Ribombee’s stun spore. Leftovers helps it set up an ungodly amount of substitutes and annoy tf out of any non deranged human being. Leaf Storm and Tera Stellar Blast are an extremely dangerous and broken combination that allow for Serperior to quickly spiral out of control if the opponent misplays even once. The main reason why Serperior is chosen over Enamorous is rather simple: since it’s not a flying type, it can take advantage of webs being reflected to your side of the field via an unlucky magic bounce prediction or court change Cinderace. As you’ll soon come to find out however, this isn’t the only Pokémon on the squad that can take advantage of court change shenanigans. Anyways, please ban this Pokémon, it’s more broken than any mirror I’ve cracked after looking at it, which is saying a lot.

IMG_4139.png

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Much to the suprise of many, rather then this team being built around Gliscor (it was built around Tera Stellar Serperior), main purpose of Gliscor was actually to fill a role that no other Pokémon could ever fill. Gliscor is an absolute beast, being completely immune to status, having a respectable speed stat by webs standards, good movepool in Swords Dance and Knock Off, and most importantly, a VERY important type combination that allows for an electric and ground immunity. The main appeal of this set however is one key factor, being that it’s unexpected to the opponent. Defensive Gliscor is such a common sight in the meta that most people don’t think twice about the potential possibility of an offensive Gliscor, and this factor alone has won me countless games. Overall, a very helpful Pokémon that has easily proven it’s worthy for a spot on the squad.

IMG_4140.png

Zamazenta @ Choice Band
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Heavy Slam
- Stone Edge

Zamazenta is the instant power and main speed control of the team, as well as the residential fighting type due to the omnipresence of a certain sucker punching dark and steel type. Choice Band and Tera fighting help take its already powerful close combats to new heights, Crunch helps deal with pesky ghost and psychic types like Gholdengo and Latias, Heavy Slam helps real with annoying fairy types such as Geezing and Enamorous, and Stone Edge to help fill the movepool diversity quota.

IMG_4142.jpeg

Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Dragon
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Recover

Since this team is focused on taking advantage of hazards, Gholdengo is basically a must due to its typing blocking all spinning and ability blocking defog attempts. Air Balloon was chosen to make switching into tier staple and spinner Great Tusk much easier, and Nasty Plot allows for pressure on stall teams, wall breaking, and cleaning. Tera Dragon helps with sun and rain teams, and as for offensive moves, it’s just running its standard STAB moves to hit as hard as possible.

IMG_4143.png

Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head

Guys, I tried, I really did, however the squad needed priority and a ghost resist, and unfortunately this MF is the only Pokémon that fits the bill excluding its pre-evolution. If I’m being completely honest, I have no idea what the ev spread is for, however I trust my broski Pinkacross enough to copy and paste it from one of his webs team, while slightly editing the Tera type and item to maximize its damage output to staggering heights. Nothing much to say here, it’s Kingambit, we all know what this bozo does.

THREATS

Enamorus
: Absolute menace of a Pokémon, basically every set can be terrifying for this team, with the most threatening of them all being choice scarf, which allows it to outspeed Zamazenta. The matchup can be won however with smart placement of Serperior and getting a crucial glare off, however this tends to be very difficult.

Barraskewda: Honestly, any rain team without this specific swift swim MF isn’t too difficult to deal with, however if your opponent has a Barraskewda on their team and has a decent IQ, it’s basically wraps. Your best bet is to get a much needed Tera dragon off with Gholdengo and knock it out, or lock it into a non-priorty move and threaten with Kingambit. Paralyzing it with Serperior is basically impossible since it REALLY loves to spam Flip Turn, so don’t rely on it too much

Torkoal: Lava Plume threatens big damage on Gholdengo and Ribombee, meaning that baiting Rapid Spin is almost near impossible. Your best bet is to tera ghost with Ribombee in order to survive an extra Rapid Spin and paralyze for at least the chance to threaten it with Gholdengo, but this obviously puts u at a major disadvantage.

Iron Treads: Because 9/10 times this dripped out Proboscidean will be running speed booster energy, threatening it with Gholdengo and setting up webs with Ribombee can be very annoying. Basically it’s the same gameplan as a Torkoal lead, but now instead of focusing on killing it your main objective is to force it to switch or paralyze it with Stun Spore (very reliable move btw).

PROOF OF PEAK

Uhh here’s proof I guess idk why I need proof for 1700 but okay lol

IMG_4151.jpeg

OUTRO

I’d say for my first OU team purely crafted by my brain rotted mind, I did a pretty okay job considering my ladder placement. Obviously a lot of improvement and optimization can be made to the squad, but that’s where you guys come in. I’ll leave a pokepaste link right below this little paragraph, and IN CONCLUSION: y’all better watch out for Tera normal Gliscor more often before you get absolutely swept.

https://pokepast.es/db42c524553d92dd

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)