Stigma Marks - Signups

Approved by Quite Quiet

It is just like the other day that you go to PS! to play OU in the ladder. While you are there to have a fun, you are simply getting tired of seeing similar teams over and over. You may be one of the users who simply want certain Pokemon to be gone from an existence but live in silence due to your wish simply being an unpopular opinion in reality. As you continue to battle in misery, your hatred continues to grow until one day... the hatred you have consumes you. While you are not completely adapted to your hatred that will burn down anything, you are given an opportunity to afflict a Pokemon with a curse... and you will get to test it more as you continue to crush every opponent that gets in the way of your mad quest for destruction.

----------

Rule:
  • All regular tournament rules apply.
  • This is a standard SM OU tournament.
  • This tournament will be Single Elimination.
  • Rounds will be Best of One.
  • A very important information on ON HOW DOES "STIGMA MARK" WORK:
* A Pokemon marked with stigma will die after two rounds (stigmas marked in signups will take effects in Round 2)
* "Dead" Pokemon will remain illegal for the rest of the tour. Using dead Pokemon will result in disqualification from the tournament. A list of dead Pokemon will be kept in "Graveyard" after the first stigma marks take effect.
* For the sake of legitimacy, I will keep track of the spreadsheet that records which player marked which Pokemon.
* Whenever a player is going to leave a mark on a Pokemon, they will PM me which Pokemon they will mark - they will want to keep it a secret, right?

• At the signup and after the match, every winner will get to do one of the following:
    • Have any existing stigma marks immediately take their effects the next round
    • Take a look at the spreadsheet that keeps track of marked Pokemon
    • Leave a stigma mark on another Pokemon
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! or Smogtours.
  • You do not have to necessarily post replays in the thread after victory, but they have to get to me in some way. Sending me a PM in Smogon or Discord (DMDW#8155) can work. Also, do not forget to choose one of the three options on the winning post.
  • Make sure to post alongside with the replay the logs/screenshots.
  • Activity calls will be made by me with probably the neutral assistance from a TD, flips will be made on Pokemon Showdown!

----------

Signups will last 5 days from now (until midnight of December 2nd, GMT-8) or in the case when 64 people sign up!

Last edited:
Hello all, hope you all had a good Thanksgiving.

Just to clarify, just because of what I said in the introduction, it doesn't mean that I consider OU as a 'stale and repetitive tier'. During my first few weeks on Smogon, I looked upon OU with an utmost respect as 'a face of Smogon' and I still continue to play it from time to time.

Don't forget to PM me what Pokemon you wish to leave a stigma mark on when you post a signup! With that said, if you have any Pokemon you have a resentment (or hatred) against, let it all out!

I'll wait one more day and will ask TD about how is this tour going to work with so few people signing up...

I will take all the users in this thread for signups. It is bothering that some people here did not PM me about what Pokemon they want to leave marks on, but I suppose it is up to them.

Round 1 coming now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)