ORAS OU STOP SWITCHING

I haven't played OU in a long time now, but I felt like getting into the game again, sporting a VoltTurn team with a load of switching going on:

NES Zapper (Manectric) (F) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Landoge (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

The core that inspired the team, allowing me to switch back and forth to lower the opponent's Attack every time. Manectric's coverage moves deal with Excadrill (I can't 2HKO specially defensive ones reliably >_>) as well as Garchomp and other Landorus-T who can absorb my Volt Switch. Landorus packs the typical utility around its STAB, with Stealth Rock supporting the switches I force when holding momentum.

Woshua (Rotom-Wash) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

The other Volt Switch user, sporting TrickScarf in order to cripple walls as well as Will-O-Wisp. I was considering Toxic instead, since I already got plenty of attack drops with an Intimidate duo, but I didn't want to be too helpless against Metagross (both mega and non-mega).

Cookie Cutter (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Roost

Builds a solid defense along with Wash-Rotom, helping Landorus with knocking off things and threatening Fairy-Types. Leftovers seems like a good idea for a tank, but I consider running Rocky Helmet instead.

Jet Fuel (Latias) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Latias has quite a few roles to fulfill - it can hit hard with Draco Meteor, Defog lets me clear out Stealth Rocks, which a switch-heavy team obviously dislikes and it can Healing Wish onto one of my teammates both to preserve momentum a bit and possibly enable a sweep. I might want to run a defensive set so I can handle Volcanion better, but I kind of need the offensive pressure as well.

Brave Bird (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing

Strong priority to deal with scarfers who could possibly break my team once a few members are gone. STABs are STABs, U-Turn allows me to continue switching in what I need and Steel Wing is the best option I could find for the last moveslot as it harms Rock-Types reasonably well. Most likely candidate to go away since I wasn't sure what to put in this last slot.

Hey, I like your idea, but I feel like using Offensive Latias is redundant, because you have Latios for the same reason. I haven't run any calcs so I may be mistaken, but Latios outclasses Latias in nearly every offensive role, such as the one you have here.
Steel Wing on T-flame also seems like it's unnecessary. For fairies, you can just brave bird most of them, and for Rock types, just U-Turn out. That's what Scizor is for right?
And I personally like to use Toxic on my rotom-W at all times, with Lefties. Make it specially defensive with 252 in HP and SpDef. For Metagross, you can always Volt Switch out, or Hydro Pump it for reasonable damage. Metagross ( and MegaGross) is UU now anyway, so it's not that big a threat.
Hope I helped :)

The team you've made is decent, but it lacks many key elements. For one thing, it has very little offensive pressure. Similarly, many of the offensive Pokemon you do have are severely outclassed by other pokemon. The major problem with VoltTurn is that its very limiting in the pokemon you can choose, and most of them are outclassed by others. Despite the fact that I think it's almost completely outclassed in the current meta, I will try to build the team around Mega Manectric along with the not-outclassed defensive Landorus-T.
Replace Rotom-Wash with Keldeo
Mega Manectric needs support from something that can deal with the ground types that wall it, and appreciates something that can deal with special walls like Chansey. Rotom-W is a great pokemon, but the scarfed set is very situational and should almost never be used over the pivot set. But even then, you're team doesn't really appreciate Rotom-W, so I chose Keldeo instead. Keldeo is one of the game's strongest wallbreaker due to its sheer power. It also has great fighting STAB and can deal with special walls like Chansey with secret sword.
Replace Latias with Latios
In the argument of Latios vs Latias, Latios is the better choice 99% of the time. Its stronger than Latias, so it's superior in terms of offense, and in a majorly offensive metagame, it's the far better option. Latios' attacks are much stronger, so it is usually the better choice.
Use a Bulky SD Talonflame Set
This isn't 2014: No one uses Banded Talonflame anymore. It's mindless strength, and has no way of breaking through its checks. You also needed a stallbreaker, and Talonflame is very effective against Stall. Being a physical set-up sweeper who can't be burned makes Talonflame a very good answer to stall, and it's a very good check to other annoying threats as well.
Replace Scizor with Weavile
Finally, Non-Mega Scizor is not a strong pokemon at all. Instead, I went with Weavile: a strong physical sweeper capable of dealing with pokemon that check your team. Specifically, it checks the Lati twins, which are both capable of walling the rest of your team. Weavile really appreciates voltturn support from Mega Manectric and Landorus-T, and when it switches in on Latios, it can trap it in with pursuit. It's the final partner on your team, and a very effective one.
That's all I have to help you with. I love volt-turn as well, but there just aren't enough good voltturn attackers this generation to make it work. Maybe in Generation 7, we'll get some better voltturners to abuse.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Steel Wing is mostly a filler option, the only other moves I could possibly run there are Return, Overheat and Tailwind. But I guess I really don't need U-Turn or a choice band, Stealth Rock completely kills any chance for me to uses it multiple times most of the time.

I don't like the thought of getting rid of Scizor, since it's my best option to combat Fairy-Types. Talonflame can possibly snipe Mega Gardevoir, but it's not strong enough for the bulkier ones. Is there a Lati@s check that can still handle those?

I mostly picked Latias since it has Healing Wish (unlike Latios). However, since I try and maintain offensive momentum, HW is not that practical, and I want it to stay, so... Latios it is.

Steel Wing is mostly a filler option, the only other moves I could possibly run there are Return, Overheat and Tailwind. But I guess I really don't need U-Turn or a choice band, Stealth Rock completely kills any chance for me to uses it multiple times most of the time.

I don't like the thought of getting rid of Scizor, since it's my best option to combat Fairy-Types. Talonflame can possibly snipe Mega Gardevoir, but it's not strong enough for the bulkier ones. Is there a Lati@s check that can still handle those?

I mostly picked Latias since it has Healing Wish (unlike Latios). However, since I try and maintain offensive momentum, HW is not that practical, and I want it to stay, so... Latios it is.
As for Fairy types, this is how it goes:
Landorus-Therian beats Mega Diancie and Klefki
Talonflame beats Mega Gardevoir and Clefable
Mega Manectric beats Azumarill

Scizor is a more reliable fairy check, but other than that it's kind of useless in ORAS. The power creep has made it weak in comparison to other physical threats, so I really wouldn't keep it.
And if you're that afraid of fairies, the solution is changing your Mega, which I avoided in the first place. If youre okay with me switching your Mega to help you better counter the meta's threats, just tell me and I will.

As for Fairy types, this is how it goes:
Landorus-Therian beats Mega Diancie and Klefki
Talonflame beats Mega Gardevoir and Clefable
Mega Manectric beats Azumarill

Scizor is a more reliable fairy check, but other than that it's kind of useless in ORAS. The power creep has made it weak in comparison to other physical threats, so I really wouldn't keep it.
And if you're that afraid of fairies, the solution is changing your Mega, which I avoided in the first place. If youre okay with me switching your Mega to help you better counter the meta's threats, just tell me and I will.
No, I actually run standard LO Scizor on my team, and it works wonders, running through teams late game with Bullet Punch. It was better in Gen 5, but I still keep it simply for the powerful priority.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)