SS OU Stormborn (Twin Dragon Rain team)

The Team

I wanted to build a team around these two dragons. Dracovish being the strongest sweeper in the game, while Dragapult is the most reliable sweeper in the game. I decided to run Tailwind Pelipper to support Dracovish and give Dragapult a moveset that supports the rain build.

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold

- Tailwind
- U-turn
- Roost
- Hurricane

Pelipper is all about giving Dracovish the power to reach it’s max potential. Rain increases the damage on Fishious Rend and Tailwind helps him to outspeed more opponents. With U-turn Pelipper can deal some damage while switching into my sweepers. Roost and Hurricane give pelipper the option of fighting for itself.

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 ATK / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant

- Fishious Rend
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch
- Dragon Rush

Pretty standard Dracovish build. Fishious Rend is it’s bread and butter. The rest of the moves just helps to fight enemies that resist water if he needs to. Obviously most of these moves get boosted by Strong Jaw.

Dragapult @ Expert Belt
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest

- Dragon Pulse
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder
- Scald

Dragapult can take on most opponent’s with his stab moves. Since this team makes use of Rain I swapped out Thunderbolt for Thunder and Flamethrower for Scald. I personally don’t like using Draco Meteor because I want Dragapult to be able to knock out several enemies in a row.

Shiinotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Calm

- Leech Seed
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Spore

Both of my sweepers are Dragon-type. This means there are 2 types they are threatened by. Shiinotic is a switch-in and threat against Dragon-types. It also has STAB-Grass to be a threat to Seismitoad. It’s Ability, Item and Movepool offers a lot of regeneration. Spore is just a really good move to have in your arsenal.

Salazzle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid

- Sludge Wave
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Foul Play

Salazzle is my switch-in and threat to Fairy-types, the 2nd threat to my sweepers. Dragon pulse gives it perfect coverage since the only type it doesn’t work against get’s covered by it’s main move Sludge Wave. Flamethrower is STAB but only useful when Rain is down. Foul Play is just one more move that doesn’t have problems with it’s Choice Scarf which helps it outspeed the likes of Dragapult, which it has a super effective move against.

Excadrill @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly

- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Pelipper draws out moves like Volt-switch and other electric-types. Since I didn’t have any GOOD switch-ins against this type I decided I needed a ground type. The team also runs on several squishy Mons so I thought Rapid Spin was also needed. I know Heavy-Duty Boots is not a regular pick on Excadrill but Rapid Spin is one of the main reasons this Mon is in the team so I felt it was the right pick here.

- - -

The Excadrill spot has been through a couple of iterations. I at first had Mandibuzz here but as I said, I needed a ground type. When building the team I expected Salazzle to be up for debate but it actually won me some games and was never useless so Mandibuzz was the one that got switched out. I tried Dugtrio because Arena Trap gives the power to deal with threats to the team without them just switching-out but it wasn't able to deal with Mons like Seismitoad so it fell flat alot of times. This is where Excadrill came in, also replacing Mandibuzz' Defog with Rapid Spin.

I bet there are still ways to improve this teams strategy so I'd love to hear everyones thoughts!

ps. the name Stormborn is offcourse a reference to Daenerys Targaryan. It's just something fun I came up with because the team runs on Dragons combined with Rain, Hurricane and Thunder. I know Daenerys has three Dragons but I consider Salazzle to be an honorary Dragon in the team.

pps. I'm also working on Nicknames for the team. Dracovish is Rhaegal cuz green, Dragapult is Vizerion cuz ghost and Salazzle is Drogon cuz black n Red. Shiinotic is Missandei and Excadrill is Greyworm. I can't find a good name for Pelipper though, please help me out.​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)