ORAS OU Stormy Mega Charizard

Stormy Charizard X

Introduction
Hello everyone and welcome to my RMT.
I always wanted to get a viable Charizard X team so i worked on it and i didnt get the results i wanted. I tried variations with Keldeo,Thundurus,Landorus-T,Starmie,Bisharp adn more but nothing realy worked out for me until now.

Teambuilding Process
So as you would imagine everythign started with Charizard X, mainly because he is my favorite Mega Evolution in the game.
After this i picked up my favorite Leader in pokemon since BW: Ferrothorn.
I tried 2 options for an Scarfer Landorus-T and Kyurem-B. I choose Kyurem-B because he has insane attack and an huge electro STAB with Fusion Bolt.
At this time i did have Thundurus in my team so with him and Charizard i had an tremendous stealth rock weakness so i needed an spinner. In the beginning i had Starmie for this but i wasnt realy sure wich other pokemon i wanted to use to support Charizard. Some on suggested me combine Charizard with an Excadrill+Tyranitar. With those 2 i had an stealth rock mon and an Hardhitter who could also spinn for me.
For my last member i tried may mons but mainly Keldeo and Talonflame, but i didnt like keldeo that much he was slow was easy to OHKO and unreliable becaus eof hydropump so i decided to take an Bulky Talonflame instead of him.

The Team

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Roost
The best Pokemon there is. Standard set just some tweaks to hit even harder with Adamant Nature and Outrage instead of Dragon Claw. If he can setup he is dangerous af for my enemy.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw
My Scarfed Kyurem-B. with 170 base attack and Outrage nothing can stand in his way (except for those pitty Fairys). He just hits like a Truck and has decent coverage.

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp
Special defensive Talonflame. He can setup on so many things because of the SpD EVs. it has priority with roost and Acorbatics and it can cripple physical attackers with Will-O-Wisp.
After 2 Bulk Ups he is nearly unstopable.

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
My spinner. With 369 attack and Sand Rush this thing is a Beast. It gets rid of Fairys with his STAB Iron Head, is an threat for every ground weak Pokemon and has Rock Slide for those Flying types.

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
Ttar brings the Sandstorm for Excadrill,can setup the stealth rocks, has an nice STAB with Stone Edge and can kill switching targets with Pursuit.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
Ferrothorn is on of the best walls in the game,brings another layer of hazards, is annoying to deal with especially with rocky helmet and can hurt fast targets with gyro ball.

Conclusion
So this is it. I hope you like my RMT and can give me advises for changes i should make to improve my team. My biggest problem atm is mega Lopunny so ways to improve my matchup for this would be great.
Heres a Replay against Mega-Lopunyy http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-431140983
Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Outrage

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 172 SpD / 8 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Protect
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)