Strangeland =3

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
Strangeland =3

At a Glance

Intro:
I am an offensive Player. No matter what tier I just play offensive. I choose an offensive core and then I try to cover every threat and counter for the offensive core. But the thing is not that I cant make defensive teams. I've made a lot of at least solid defensive teams but as soon as I have to use them I just totally fail. When I give the team to a player who can play defensive it usually works very good. But its pretty hard to play against someone who knows that you are going to use All-Out-Offense so I decided to give defensive playing another chance and thats the result. The title is just a random song I like. The team is based on Mienshao. I loved its power so I wanted to base the team on him. Deoxys-D walls the half metagame, can come in Mienshaos checks and counters and gives me the spikes support Mienshao loves. Its not the best defensive team I made, but its the only one I can use without failing totally. But I still have the feeling that it lacks something thats why I'm posting it. I hope you can help me with this.

A closer Look

@ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch​

• Description
    Metagross is the Pokemon I usually lead, although there isnt really a lead because of the wifi clause, but I try to get Rocks as soon as possible. Rocks are needed for Dragonite which are annoying as hell if Multiscale is active. Metagross is my Check for stuff like Reuniclus with TR which can be annoying as hell and it also helps Versus Cobalion ( Yeah I see that thing in OU ) and Jirachis which are just bs. Its an overall check for physical sweeper without a Super Effektive move. Its important to keep Metagross at high health because Salamence can sweep this team when Jellicent is weakend. Its not that important but it was the only Pokemon with Rocks that counters a specific pokemon I forgot now -.- . Metagross has solid bulk and its attack stat isnt that bad too but its still the worst member of my team.
  • EVs, Item and Move
    The EV spread is simple. 16 Speed to outspeed other metagross, 252 HP for good bulk and the others are put into attack to do damage to switch ins like Starmie or whatever. Adamant nature is pretty obvious. I wanted to use Occa Berry on this but I already have enough checks for heatran and Infernape so it was pretty senseless. Now for the Moves. Stealth Rock is pretty obvious thats actually the reason I choosed him. They are needed otherwise stuff like Nite and Mence pretty much rapes me. Meteor Mash is my Stab and a hard hitting move. There is rarely a not ressisting Pokemon that can take one Meteor Mash and then stay a Bullet Punch. Bullet Punch is because I like prio and to get rid of this ugly sash Deoxys without risking too much hazards. Earthquake is just a Coverage move and can KO stuff at the switch in if I predict right
  • Possible Changes
    None at the moment but mainly because I dont know what else I should use. Please tell me something else this is the worst member of my Team

@ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin​

• Description
    Starmie is my spinner. The reason I choosed Starmie is because its the only one that can surely go through Jellicent. It also helps me checking Tornadus and its the best status taker I have. Starmie is also great versus Offensive teams because most of them cant check it after a bit hazard damage. I needed rapid spin against Toxic Spikes and hazards overall because otherwise Nites Multiscale would be deactivated and My team would lose hard versus stall and yeah... I dont like loosing lol. This also works as my best check against Gyara, which can be annoying as hell if starmie is dead. Starmie is totally needed in this team its hard to find anything else that fits
  • EVs, Item and Moves
    Max Speed and Special attack is pretty obvious. Its an Offensive spinner so it should be able to hit hard. Life Orb to 2HKO Jellicent. Recover is here to keep me at high Health and to be better at checking stuff like Gyara or Nape. Rapid spin is the reason I took this in the team. Makes hazards gtfo. HydroPump is stab and hits stuff Like Gengar pretty good. Thunderbolt is for Jellicent, Gyara and because it has somehow good coverage.
  • Possible Changes
    None really atm, I dont think there exists another Pokemon that works as good as starmie does. I thought about making it a more bulky one, but then it cant 2HKO jellicent.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Tail​

• Description
    Dragonite is the best phazer in the entire game. It has awesome bulk a great typing the best trait in the entire game. Multiscale is why this guy is considered broken on smogon and even here. It is nearly unOHKOable and you can be sure that it hits like a truck even without attack investment. Dragonite has great Synergie with Metagross and it checks stuff like gengar and any random special attacker without an Ice move like they are nothing. I love this beast seriously I would cry if you find something better (what I doubt tbh)
  • EVs, Item and Moves
    And again a simple EV Spread. 252 Special Defense EVs because Its a special wall lol. 248 HP to have a nice Number for stealth Rock damage and to maximize his already huge bulk. 8 Speed is against other deffensive nites to outspeed and to sub before they do some bs. Now for the moves: Thunderwave is here to make Nite faster than the other pokemon so that I can sub. Now when the opponent is para'd I just sub until he fullparas so that I can roost and nearly nothing not supereffective can break the sub with Multiscale active so I get a free turn to Dragon Tail and Multiscale is still active. Thats how this beast works :D
  • Possible Changes
    None atm this works great

@ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spd
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover
- Ice Beam​

• Description
    Jellicent is my Spinblocker, my stallbreaker, my check to mixedmence and it has so many other roles. It has a great typing solid defensive stats and an awesome trait. It suffers the 4 Move syndrom but thats not that hard, because for this team it doesnt need more than 4 moves lol. Jellicent has not a that great synergy with this team but it still fits because the weaks are fixed and its not really set up fodder. With taunt many stallteams will have troubles breaking through this beast. I never liked Jellicent but it does its job and thats what I have it for.
  • EVs, Item and Moves
    96 Speed EVs are here to outspeed defensive Politoed so that I can taunt before they toxic. The other EVs are randomly put into HP and Def to take Ferros Power whip better and Nites/Mences attacks so that I can check them. Leftovers doesnt need to be explained I guess. The Moveset is simple. Taunt like explained to break through Stall and stop other Pokemon from Statusing this. Ice beam is against Nite and Mence and Breloom and every other grass Pokemon. Will O Wisp is a status move so that ferro cant KO you and you can recover the damage off. It helps against Physical attacker overall so its just great. Recover is because this beast has to live as long as possible.
  • Possible Changes
    None atm, Although I'd like to have a better EV spread I feel like there is one.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Recover
- Seismic Toss​

• Description
    Deoxys-D is the best wall in the entire metagame. It has a great typing with 3 not really common weaks, and a ressist to fighting attacks. The defensive stats are just massive I dont get why this beast isnt used waaay more. It gets hazards easier than Ferro and it is not set up fodder because of its speed and the great movepool. I took this in the team because I felt that Mienshao needs spikes support, because after some previous damage Nothing can take a Hi Jump Kick without dying or being killed the next turn. Deo d gets 3 layers of spikes everygame if it doesnt get haxed so I just have to use this beast.
  • EVs, Item and Moves
    As simple as it looks. 252 HP for better bulk and this speed is to be faster, because I dont need more bulk and more speed helps against getting toxic'd and this stuff. This beasts 90 speed base is often forgotten so yeah... Leftovers is obvious. Taunt is against Booster and against stall, spikes is here because hazards + nite is win and Recover is obvious too. Seismic toss is just a filler, I dont like it.
  • Possible Changes
    I dont like Seismic toss, maybe I should give it red card and recyle or something like this?

@ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SAtk / 224 Spd
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]​

• Description
    Mienshao is just the boss. This Pokemon goes through every stall team with spamming HI Jump Kick (Skarmory is 2HKO'd so have fun switching in especially with rocks around) and beats offensive teams by using Fake out and just attacking on slower mons, which are not hard to find tbh because it has a great Speed. 130 base atk is just ridiculously powerfull and with the solid special attack even gliscor can be taken out easily. And like this is not enough to make this sexy beast a good sweeper it has this great Ability called regenerator. That means it can switch in and out as often as it wants without fearing hazards or LO damage. I love this Pokemon I dont think I will ever make a team without it lol
  • EVs, Item and Moves
    224 Speed + a Naive nature are here to outspeed base 100 Pokemon Like salamence, jirachi and celebi and Landorus without a scarf so that I can Kill them or just U-Turn out and scout. I maximized the Atk so that Hi Jump Kick does as much damage as possible. The other EVs are put into Special attack because this thing has a huge lack of bulk. Fake out and U turn is a great combo for doing damage before sweeping and HP ice is here to take out gliscor, and this dragon/Flying types. Otherwise dont use it Hi Jump kick does more to everything else so just spam it, its your best friend.
  • Possible Changes
    None I just love this beast, there is no reason for changing it. Also the team is based on it where is the sense of taking this out or changing the set. The only change I thing would be possible is giving it a Choice band, but then It doesnt break stall that good and it looses a lot of momentum.

Importable
Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Tail

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spd
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Deoxys-D @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Recover
- Seismic Toss

Mienshao (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 SAtk / 220 Spd
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Outro
Steal this team change it do whatever you want but please help me to improve it. It isnt that hard to play and it is pretty solid. Maybe not one of the best I made but one of the easiest to use so its good for nubs like me. I havent found any weaks, besides stuff Like SubCM raikou and specs jolt. Rotom can be annoying and Latios with specs will be dangerous. Please help me to fix these weaks.
I apologize for any grammer and spelling mistakes I made. Thank you for reading. I will make a threatlist when I have the time for it. I have written this rmt on the PO forum and just copy and pasted it, but I dont think there should be a problem :)

cm latias is extremely annoying - 6-0 annoying to this team - i really like ferrothorn over deoxys-d or metagross in this slot because of it. you can really fill either hole here, giving you the hazard that the previous one gave, while handling rain, latias, jolteon, raikou, rotom-w, and every other threat you mentioned much better.

i personally like it over deoxys-d since yours, while bulky, seems to be set up bait for a lot of pokemon but it's really your choice. ferrothorn's resist do really help though on a team with dragonite and jellicent, giving you a solid core of defense that takes out everything you mention. the set would look like

ferrothorn @ leftovers
relaxed
252 hp / 4 def / 252 sdef (can be rearranged to your liking)
- spikes / sr
- power whip
- leech seed
- toxic or gyro ball (either of these work reliably, toxic handles some of the issues you mentioned like latias (particularly cm versions!)

hope that helps

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
Deoxys D is far away from being set up bait, since it has taunt and its really hard to break for not boosted Pokemon. I wont replace it for Ferrothorn because its just a better spiker, but I will try ferrothorn > Metagross, although when I was teambuilding I choosed Metagross > ferrothorn for a reason, but the problem is that I dont remember it anymore
whatever thanks for you rate :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)