Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Power Whip
This little thing does way too much damage. Before a tera this is not a fire resets which puts a lot of strain on the team when dealing with fire types.
After a tera it can live walking wakes attacks kind but without tera on other mons on the team you get wiped out by the other threats. The rain matchup isn't much better because of zapdos having hurricane and not being able to KO zapdos even in rain without a boost or losing its water immunity. If I tera water to avoid hurricane then i'm now weak to electric.
Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Court Change
I find that ace becomes my pivot into a lot of gholdengos dont think its a bad thing but i have lost a few games to shadow ball crit spc def drops.
I find ace to be really good on this team. It makes it to the end of a lot of matches whilst still switching in a lot and contributing to the team as a whole. I'm not sure what it does but it works and I like that.
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Tera Blast
The star of the team choice band lando. The damage this thing does is comical.
252 Atk Choice Band Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Great Tusk: 159-187 (36.6 - 43%) -- 98% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (defensive)
252 Atk Choice Band Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Great Tusk: 210-247 (56.6 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (offensive utility)
After some chip damage it can KO defensive in one hit with tera flying tera blast. I find Im almost never using anything other than EQ and u-turn or if there's a bird stone edge until it dies. It plays kinda like a scarf lando would but it gets alot more kills on things that would be safe vs a normal lando. I tried scarf lando and specs gholdengo (this team can struggle to break through without a really strong hitter) but it didn't feel right.
Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick
This is the mon i would be the most ok with changing but it would need to be another fast mon since this team is kinda slow.
It basically does standard scarf gholdengo things. I usually end up trading shadow balls with other gholdengos so it doesn't feel like such a vital member of the squad. Also I have never clicked focus blast a single time (just noticed i even had that move).

Fezandipiti @ Leftovers
Ability: Toxic Chain
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Roost
- Heat Wave
Along with lando this is what gives the team its soul otherwise it's just like every other on the ladder. This thing is awesome(ish). Originally this was a weezing galar but I was even more weak to weather and any special attacker would nuke past the team. i realized that fezandipiti had the same great typing as weezing and tried it out.

What it checks:
zamazenta (non steel move)
walking wake (after tera)
zapdos
gholdengo (after tera)
Iron Valiant (non psyshock so all of them)
dragapult
meowscarada (don't get tricked)
Moltres

What it pivots into:
Enamorus (40% from earthpower)
great tusks fighting move
greninja
iron moth (if they don't win every coinflip with fiery dance)
manaphy (even better after tera)
rotom (don't get tricked)
Gholdengos shadow ball

As you can see this mon has a great matchup spread vs the tier. With a u-turn it can be really hard to switch into this mon unless you don't fear toxic but most toxic immune mons are clapped by lando so they don't last too long. with heat waves it can pressure tera steel mons trying not to get poisoned. This is one of my fav mons in the metagame right now but it can get overwhelmed or caught off guard by random moves on above mons such as psyshock Iron Valiant or a tera form something.
the 80 defense evs do nothing in particular i just wanted it to take less form zamazentas.
Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin
it's a great tusk it does great tusk things.
checks dragonite and king gambit notably for this team. it's basically the physical wall of the team.

Please help with the weather matchups i find it great vs most teams that arn't weather.

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
I think your existing waterpon helps a lot vs rain teams, so I'll focus on trying to improve the sun matchup.

In my opinion, I think cinderace is the pokemon that could be discarded the easiest. It's not great as hazard control anymore with gliscor in the tier, only really there for webs.

Part of the problem here is that there is a slight lack of speed+power here. Something like walking wake can stay in and trade vs a lot of your team and even after fez goes tera water, it is still gonna be heavily pressured by dragon pulse. I would recommend something like Specs Dragapult to cleanly revenge kill Walking Wake and greatly improve your matchup against sun and rain. A set like this can work:

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Clear Body
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn

Because I'd like to remove cinderace, I want to keep clear body so that Dragapult can ignore sticky web and remain fast when fighting that teamstyle. I prefer tera fairy, but you can also experiment with the type here. Fire Blast can also be changed to flamethrower if you like the accuracy, or thunderbolt/surf depending on what you'd like to hit.

Since we are removing cinderace and replacing it with gholdengo, the matchup vs opposing gholdengo gets quite a bit worse. However, since we have the speed and power of specs pult now, we also don't need your own scarf gholdengo as much. That's why I'd recommend using Kingambit > Gholdengo. These changes do rob you of 2 fairy resists, but I imagine you want to keep fez on the team, and that is a very sturdy fairy resist so I think you'll be fine. You can try out a Kingambit set like this one:

Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

This set isn't too tera reliant, and the super strong sucker punches will also help a ton vs frail weather sweepers like floatzel. It will also help you break up fatter teams alongside cb lando-t.

As a small change, I'd recommend tweaking the current Great Tusk set to this one:
Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 232 Atk / 24 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

I think having a more offensive spread with Ice Spinner is important to be the best hazard removal that can actually beat gliscor. Tera Dragon can help against opposing ogerpon, mostly the water and fire forms. 24 sdef is just there to live one attack from glimmora in a pinch.

I'm assuming you wanted to keep CB lando-t and fezandipiti on the team, so I did my best to work around them. Hopefully my suggestions will make the team better. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)