Stuff you (and nobody else) say every day and know EXACTLY where it came from

Mathy

F░U░R░R░E░T░ I░N░ B░I░O░
is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
What's a catchphrase of yours that has a silly origin story?

Mine is "roady road." One day my two brothers and I were on a road trip and decided to have a no-laughing contest. My youngest brother (in early elementary school at the time) led with "Roady Road" and it caught both of us completely off guard, making us hysterical. So now this is just a thing we say.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In high school, I played volleyball. One of my teammates, regardless of the situation, would always try and calm everyone down. Like, we could be in absolutely dire straits, almost guaranteed to lose, but he would just say that we were "easily fine." Now I say "easily fine" in real life all the time. I don't think I've ever said it on Smogon before as far as I can remember but it's just one of those things that I blurt out without thinking.

Another big inside joke I have with my best friend comes from a line of dialogue spoken by John Madden in Madden 06. We were playing together when my friend let out the biggest, loudest, stinkiest fart I've ever heard/smelled in my life. Immediately after, John Madden in the game says, "You gotta be aware of that kind of stuff on defense." We lost our minds. To this day we still repeat the line.

me and my friends have been calling any history related/socials studies class “sosh” ever since we gathered to watch IT at a friends house for a birthday, whenever someone says “sosh” it inevitably spawns one of us reciting the poem from the movie

Sometimes when I find myself in awkward silence, probably as a result of me, I'll just go "IMA FIRIN MAH LAZARS!" and see how the other person reacts. Most of the time they give me the Captian America "I understood that reference" look but sometimes I have to explain it's a DBZ reference. It's always really funny even if it sometimes ends with them walking away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)