Move 1: Substitute
Move 2: Earthquake
Move 3: Swords Dance
Move 4: Dragon Claw/Outrage
Item: Leftovers/BrightPowder/Salac Berry
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This set was made to abuse Garchomp's Sand Veil ability. The idea is to Substitute against a non-threatening Pokemon and hopefully avoid one of their attacks to get a free Swords Dance and sweep with its STAB moves. BrightPowder boosts your Evasion to 28% in Sandstorm, which means if you Substitute 4 times against a slower opponent, you have just under 74% chance of getting a free Swords Dance, giving you the opportunity to sweep from behind your sub. With Leftovers, you have the advantage of being able to switch into Stealth Rock and have 5 Substitutes instead of 3 with BrightPowder. Using Substitute 5 times in Sandstorm gives you a 60% chance at getting a free Swords Dance.</p>

<p>A Salac Berry can be used to outspeed revenge killers such as Infernape, Starmie, and Gengar without Choice Scarf after 3 Substitutes. Use 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe and an HP IV of 30 so as to have your HP divisible by 4. This way, the Berry will activate after the third Substitute. An Adamant Nature is acceptable for this set if you don't mind tying in Speed with most Scarfchomp after the Salac Berry activates.</p>

<p>Obviously Skarmory and Bronzong can switch into this set without fear since they are immune to Earthquake and resist Dragon attacks.</p>

I don't know but I'm pretty sure that 8 HP evs nets you a total stat of 359 which when divided by 4 ends up with a decimal number instead of a whole number a way to get past this is to run this spread 12 HP /244 Atk / 252 Spd over the 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spd you suggested. Correct me if I'm wrong ^.^;. You could also run Fire fang but sadly even after an SD it's not enough to KO Skarm with or without SR support and Skarm will just blow you away and roost off the damage the next turn. Something worth mentioning is that if you run an Atk boosting nature after a single Swords Dance you can 2hko Bronzong(the "Supporter" one mentioned in the analysis) even when leftover recovery is factored in.

yeah, my dumb on the hp evs heh.

fire fang i guess deserves mention but idk if it should go in other options or not, since the set description is already kinda slashy with the three different items

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
If you have Salac Berry you should just use 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def or SpD with a 30 HP IV; the Attack points are more valuable than the HP points. And it helps if you don't spell the main subject of this set, Substitute, incorrectly on two occasions. I'll fix them for you this time. The ability tag is unnecessary if the Pokemon in question has only 1 ability, and you need to put the EVs into the proper format. I'll get those too.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
this post is for jrrrrrrr's and Aldaron's purposes...

delete man don't know what's going on with Chomp with now it is Uber now Platinum makes it need to be tested again man this shit is rouggghhh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)