EVs: 176 HP / 220 Def / 112 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Softboiled
- Counter
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A Special Wall like Blissey with Thunder Wave could work, or a Snorlax with Body Slam to help with the Paralysis support if you hate the whore. Getting rid of Skarmory with Magneton could also be nice, and will add more Paralysis support. Other than that, Zapdos or one of the Regi's are probably a safe bet.

Got any other idea's for roles you want? Luring out Blissey, Regice, Snorlax etc is obviously an easy way to get Heracross in.

Wish Support could be nice too, Salamence or Jirachi would be cool with Heracross as well.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Well, something like Snorlax to paralyze Heracross' main counters (Weezing/Wishmence/Bulky Gyarados/etc.) is probably the most important. Snorlax can Selfdestruct on Weezing, too, which can open up a Heracross sweep.

Also, could I ask what exactly are those defense EVs for? Just stack them in HP otherwise.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
I have a theory that minimizing CB EQ damage could help Hera switch in a bit easier.

Steelix would help to lure Swampert out and ultimately get Heracross in, as well as generally wear away Tyranitar. However, Steelix would only add to your obvious Skarm weak. So, perhaps twave zapdos could work? I'd hate to suggest anything that rhymes with Lagneton as a Skarm counter.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Salamence, Weezing, and Dusclops are your main problems imo that would ruin Heracross' strategy. HP Ice + W-O-W Houndoom or a Milotic would be nice here. I prefer Houndoom, since it dispatches other trouble makers like Metagross, opposing Heracross, and Skarmory, as well as finishing off weakened Zapdos / Wishmence. And since most pokemon are at Speed 270 for the same purpose of going over 269, why not have an extra point in speed just so Heracross outruns them as well?

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
Hmm. Say that I go with Weezing/Hera/Solrock/Houndoom. Would some kind of Taunt/Fire Blast set on Weezing work well? I'd have to get it to outspeed Skarmory of course.

You should consider Swarm as the ability for Heracross. With Subtitute, you will be lowering your own HP and block status at the same time. I think you should take this into consideration. No one likes a STABed Swarm Megahorn shoved up their ass.

Swarm on Hera. I like BB over RS. And standard spread.
Change Solrock's spread. It benefits more from Adamant nature. (with less atk EVs and more def EVs)

Rock Slide provides better coverage though. And with the idea Synch's using anyway, the opposing pokemon he switches into should be at a disadvantage (hence the reason Heracross was switched in) and thusly be switching out. If the opposing pokemon is switching out... then Hera can either Sub or Focus Punch. This means Brick Break is of very little use.

I like this spread over the one you have though, more attack (343) and less defense:
Heracross (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 76 HP / 228 Atk / 40 Def / 164 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Actually, I'm surprised I didn't notice the wasted EVs. zOMG is right for once, and you save 4 EVs with this spread (which gives virtually the same stats as yours)

Solrock @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 188 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

Pocket

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
EVs are tricky...Btw, since Heracross already has the EQ resistance, wouldn't it be more practical to pump up its Sp Def to be able to take those Hydro Pumps or Surfs if Swampert decides to stay? Softening Zapdos' Tbolts or even surviving Celebi's Psychic doesn't sound too bad. The extra Def does have its uses, though, especially when facing a DDtar (doesn't help much with viltar...still 2hkos I think) or even another Heracross.

As for Fire Blast + Taunt Weezing, that covers both Skarmory and Heracross, so it is cool. Solrock is possibly your Flying counter, but just beware of Hydro Pump Gyarados, which could own both Weezing and Solrock. With Weezing and Reflect from Solrock, your physical defense is alright (Ttars are still scary). Bolstering your lineup's special defense is necessary; the team is especially vulnerable to water, electric, ice, and fire. Steelix and Suicune perhaps? Both also deals with Gyarados (Steelix takes TauntDos; Suicune takes Hydro Pump Dos) and Ttars.

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
Updated. Right now it's completely Fighting weak, particularly from Blaziken's end.

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
Forgot about that. He can just give it a Salac or Liechi berry.

@Synch-How is your jury still out about that? What is the point of Guts if you have sub to block status? You are also lowering your hp so swarm would be activated.
Because at the moment, I'm not using Aromatherapy/Heal Bell Blissey, and might have to call on Hera to take a non-sleep status.

Pocket

sub is only for easing prediction. But other than that, I would use substitute sparingly to save health, especially against sandstream teams. A statused Heracross has a power of a CBer with the flexibility of non-CBer, so it could win games.

You only have 5 pokemon, synch. Use the sixth pokemon to deal with viltar and your overall fighting weakness. Something that could dispatch Zapdos would be nice, too; at least give Steelix Rock Slide (Paraflinch yea). Iron Tail hits Regice, Gengar, Flygon, and Claydol harder, but Regice, Gengar, and Claydol shouldn't be much of an issue, and Flygon still hates coming into Steelix's BSlam. Another Explosion for a sure-fire way to disable a sweeper never hurts either. Your choice, of course. As of now Zapdos walls this team unless you bring in Heracross or Solrock.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Steelix needs a ton of attack to even be able to 3HKO STing Zapdos. Of course, this is less important in the sandstorm.

Pocket's earlier mention of a Houndoom would do this team a lot of good, imo. Not only can you eliminate a lot of Heracross' counters with it, it also takes down ghosts so you are free to Rapid Spin to your heart's content.

what's with the random Blissey spread?
ALWAYS MAX DEF.
Seriously. HP EVs doesn't help much on Blissey, people only use it to take physical attacks a bit easier. Def should always be maxed.
double post >_> this happens in all vBulletin forums..

Pocket

Steelix doesn't need to 3hko Zapdos imo, just needs to force it to rest, so that it wouldn't be able to choose the right moves and heal itself for the next two turns =p. Without Rock Slide Steelix can't do anything to Zapdos, which sucks for an Electric counter (limiting Blissey as Synch's only Zapdos-switch in is horrible). But yea, he needs a more reliable Zapdos counter. I'd just use Salamence for the Fighting, Fire, and the additional Hera resistance. If Blaziken is mixed with HP Ice, Solrock easily switches in. Salamence also dents Zapdos with Rock Slide / Double-Edge / passing Wishes to Rock Slide users.

Also, Blissey is better off with max Defense. The compromise on its Special Defense is like 1%. just as zomg says.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)