Other Subtle but important nerfs

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was usually better to go for HP 59 as the stat drop was no where near as significant (hell, it was almost negligible)

which brings up another point, maybe we should find new IV spreads for the HP types so that we don't have to lower as many stats for example:

let's say having your ATK IV to 2 nets HP Ice with the other IVs all 31, this is way better than having to reduce your Spe or SpA (idk which one, just trying to prove a point).

BTW, apparently the trade summary screen in the GTS shows the type of the pokemon you're looking for. Haven't confirmed this myself, but other people have claimed to have done it and found no other changes to types (so far).

Edit: Just in case I'm not clear as to why I'm posting this here, a lot of earlier posts were talking about how Jirachi MIGHT be nerfed if it retains it's Steel/Psychic typing. Sorry, but it does.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have to say, with exca being around as a wall/wallbreaker, the magic bouncers will be affected (mold breaker stealth rock) and it pretty much makes them kinda pointless, as well as plenty of megas get mold breaker. This isnt too big but it is subtle and the magic bouncers get nerfed anyway as defog is better, as well as having more pokes to take twaves and sleep powders. Also, if there are more ghosts/dark types, xatu and espeon get a whole lot worse.

Perhaps, but then why would they program them into the game that way in the first place?
Exactly. They can block unreleased Pokemon from showing up on the Global Link page; it's what they've done for Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa. Which does beg the question: how did Serebii get their types, then, since the types they listed seem to be correct?

The key thing about this is that the trade summary screen is on Global Link rather than the game itself, so they can update it to add new Pokemon without doing any patching to copies of the game.

Perhaps, but then why would they program them into the game that way in the first place?
Game freak has been coding things into games that have never been released for two gens now. I'm not saying that stuff will be retconned, just that they are now able to patch their game. You never know until it's released.

Game freak has been coding things into games that have never been released for two gens now. I'm not saying that stuff will be retconned, just that they are now able to patch their game. You never know until it's released.
Yeah, but the stuff they didn't release they planned to release and it never actually happened. The stuff still does the things it's programmed for, it just can't be got through normal means. It's exactly the same situation here. You can't (yet) get a lot of the old pokemon, but they're still programmed into the games. Why would they decide at this late stage to change some more of the old types? Patches are only really meant to add content and fix old content. I guess you could count changing old types as a 'fix' but like I said, it's a late stage to do it.

Pretty sure they've said they won't do patches like that, too.
This was definitely said in an interview, that patches will not be made for balancing purposes. It would be interesting if X and Y were games that were more dynamic and GF continued to do updates after the release, but that wouldn't happen. I just hope there are more hidden Megas.
Also as a general rule I'd say anything that was made into a fairy would be available in the game already but then we have Whimsicott...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)