Sucker for Pain

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Introduction
Hi, I'm Take Azelfie as you may or may not know me but I main RU. No ones posted a good team to steal for the Dugtrio suspect so I'm just gonna do it. This is my sample team but whatever I felt it really captures the way I build my teams and it is much simpler to use than Crimson Roses (my previous RMT) as the concept is more centered and the team overall can be picked up by anyone of a decent caliber rather than someone who studied the team. If you don't know already the concept of the team is built around Meloetta + Mega Banette + Fighting-type which is a core I've been intrigued in for awhile now and I've been experimenting with different variations such as using Choice Specs Meloetta or a different Fighting-type like Gurdurr (who may be my favorite tied with Poliwrath for the third slot.) Since I am rocking with Poliwrath on this build, have a good spinblocker already fit in I've decided to turn this into a hazard stacking build with a solid defensive backbone and good offensive presence. Well without further ado I present my team.

Teambuilding Process

So first off I started with a core of Mega Banette and Meloetta, Mega Banette is great for weakening checks to Meloetta with Will-o-Wisp and also helps to swipe Leftovers or Assault Vest off bulky Pokemon like Escalivier or Registeel.

Next I added that Fighting-type I talked about earlier in the intro, I've used Gurdurr and Hitmonlee for the last three builds so I went with something else. Poliwrath hasn't been recieving enough attention lately so I went with it.

In the next slot I really wanted to add Spikes to the team since I have perfect conditions to support that type of build but I decided to wait and put other priorities in front. So I added Registeel to check Psychic-types like I wanted and Stealth Rock then I added Garbodor which complimented it well. I kind of feel that this part and the next are really important aspects of teambuilding so if you are newer maybe note this down.

Finally I realized that my important defensive structure was utterly destroyed by Dugtrio which is obviously a top threat right. So my decision was to find a lure capable of eliminating Dugtrio before it destroyed Registeel or Garbodor which I heavily relied on. So I added Coba Berry Virizion since it is one of the things Dugtrio wants to trap the most. The should be a fine lure if Virizion can snatch a kill before that.

Team in Depth

Witch Time (Banette) @ Banettite
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp / Destiny Bond
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Mega Banette has gained some popularity, in fact a lot of popularity after the Mega Steelix ban. Although I wouldn't say the hype was risen up until a little prior the the Alomomola suspect. Basically it has a lot of Power and it can be kind of difficult to switch into with Knock Off and Shadow Claw. I run Shadow Sneak because although it isn't as powerful as Sucker Punch it is much more reliable at revenge killing Hoopa, Dugtrio, Sigilyph, Delphox etc. Shadow Claw is very spammable dealing big chunks of damage and my utility slot is kind of user dependent. DBond and Wisp has there up and down sides but I'd rather not let something get a free turn. If you manage to get Spikes up and they have a spinner try to keep this alive. If not it can be a good lead versus Flygon teams which like to stay in. Sometime it is a fair trade since you get to lay your hazards pretty freely for the rest of the game.

Drop Pop Candy (Meloetta) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Unlike the Choice Specs set I usually spam, Sub CM Meloetta is really good at eating away today's present day cores like Bulky Saur, Mola, and Registeel. The EV spread is much faster than the recommended one on site which allows you to outspeed Jelicent irc. This spread was suggested to me by Kushalos which is meant to outpace Jolly Absol just in case. Meloetta can create 101 HP Subsititutes which lets it set up on Registeel (Seismic Toss always does 100) and Calm Mind lets me boost my way through match. Obviously the only thing that gives this set much trouble it Escalivier, Spiritomb, and lucky ass players. There isn't much to say explain just try to get in in safely and avoid status so you can use your Substitutes to there full advantage.

Sumotori (Poliwrath) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Circle Throw
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Poliwrath is my teams main way of checking Dark-types like Sneasel and Absol so keep it alive for those. In matchup it isn't stressed to do so I try to get as many hazards up and start weakening my opponents team. Scald fishes for burns on Pokemon like Venusaur. RestTalk gives Poliwrath longevity and beats Mola + most passive status users. There isn't much to explain but using Sleep Talk is actually pretty hilarious since your opponent can try to fish off a wrong move and usually end up taking a Circle Throw anyways. So with that in mind most people will try to abuse Poliwrath so make your decision knowing most people will do that.

Titanium (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 24 SpA / 216 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock

Much needed Psychic check. Stealth Rock user. Can beat Braviary most of the time. Clicks Toxic. Seismic Toss for consistant damage. Registeel is just a good Pokemon. Don't let it get trapped by Dugtrio pls. Speed creep is for other Registeel while the SpA guarantees that TBolt with break standard Braviary's Substitute. TheWall22 told me to add Thunderbolt so s/o to him and Kush also helped to fix my spread.

World Loiter (Garbodor) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Pain Split

God I love this Pokemon so much in RU. It is a pretty decent Venusaur and Fighting-type check while also bringing Spikes to the team which is supported by Mega Banette and Poliwrath. Toxic is for weakening Flygon, I would go for Hidden Power Ice but I only have to do this once meaning I could pull other tricks and Hidden Power Ice could be roosted off. Pain Split is also important since I lack a proper Wish user and I would like to keep the things I need to keep in check, in check. The spread was made by DTC I think? I'm not exactly sure but I think it lives three LO HJK's from Hitmonlee and can come in LO Venusaur's Leaf Storm after Stealth Rock 3 times.

Verdant Blade (Virizion) @ Coba Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge / Zen Headbutt

Virizion is really only here to lure Dugtrio but it can sweep to. I'm not going to go into too much detail but I think the last slot is a slash, a pick your poison scenario. Sigilyph is hard to beat with MegaNette but Venusaur is a bigger nuisance to the rest of the team. Bring it in when something's gonna die and hope they are smart and don't know the team. Otherwise break stuff with it.

Conclusion7.8/10 Dugtrio's a bitch

ThreatlistCalm Mind Slowking can be kind of hard to break down if you don't have MegaNette or can't hit it with a Toxic

BulkySaur eats the team slowly. Sub on it or whatever but try to not let Registeel get too weakened.

Dugtrio is the type of person to steal your girl and throw her out in the morning ;-;

Import
http://pastebin.com/cExNYWaz

S/O
Lord Death Man for being my inspiration
Kushalos for actually rating my team after asking 4 people
MrAldo for answering my questions
Omfuga for inspiring me to Spike stack after his NU Open run
Fineonbae Cheryl. Thatwackycruton Based Honker Miyami~~ Drapionswing TheWall22 Gatorboy

ありがとう

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)